Fine Dining

Cloud's Station

Fine Dining

 

Sunggyu’s not going to lie and say, ‘Oh, how nice. Thank you so much,’ in that monotone voice of his that will probably throw in some sarcasm and nervousness toward his, well frankly, 'going-too-far' boyfriend who looked very pleased with himself as he looked into the expensive menu that changed every day in the fine restaurant they were at.

 

*

First of all, Sunggyu was a little weary this morning. He woke up early, surfed the web in his assumed internetting position for a good hour, ate some food with a nicely brewed coffee he made himself (not as good as Woohyun’s, but the was at work), and then changed. Leaving the condo (that his boyfriend –well, “fiancé”, insisted that they must live in the high story building and modernized interior) with a sure mind that he locked the doors and turned off the fire, he headed out to his own work. Today, he was helping out at a local theatre to do a science presentation lecture along with some colleague to teach little kids about amino acids. His fellow friend was a teacher in some small town, and he was actually an underground cult leader.

Just kidding, Sunggyu’s job was running an art studio along with his brother Myungsoo and younger friend Sungyeol. He did the management and music side of things, Myungsoo with cameras, and Sungyeol with interior design and other modeling and so on. They do a lot of stuff basically and are quite good at it.

As he left the theatre with a well-spoken two shows which in reality he really just spoke for about twenty minutes total compared to the two hours his colleague did, his boyfriend was there in front of the fountain with that goofy grin on his face. Ushering to the other’s car rather than his own, which strangely wasn’t there anymore, and off they went.

Out of curiosity, he asked about his car. The other simply laughed and pats his head, telling him not to worry. So he puffed his cheeks and did a little huff, turning to the window to sulk while looking at the city turn into town life and then vine yards.

“Woohyun, where are we going?” he finally spoke up after a mile of endless different wineries.

“You’ll see,” he gets another pat on his head but this time he sneakily moved over and used his nose to poke at the underside of his boyfriend’s arm. The dark haired other yelps and swerves the car a little, him laughing jubilantly at that.

 

*

To say it was unfair was a little under rated. Woohyun could have at least left him a note to dress nicely or something, or put some lotion on, or take a shower for that matter because Sunggyu was sitting across from his well suited up Woohyun, who was crossing his legs with his hands folded into his lap looking nonchalant with his dumb bottom lip that he  liked to stare at and that strangely nice looking new hair. Sunggyu sat with a regular black tee, the one he wore to sleep so it was covered in little fuzzes and small cat hairs from going to Sungjong’s house yesterday (he didn’t change his shirt. It was clean enough), some grayish blue comfortable skinny jeans he stole from Dongwoo from his sleep over the other week, and a cloud blue and white cardigan that was actually Woohyun’s but the fool never wore it so it became Sunggyu’s. Top it off; he had gray slip on shoes that he mistakenly wore out from Myungsoo’s place.

“You could’ve at least told me to roll up the window,” Sunggyu whined and he tried to fix the bird’s nest of hair on his head but didn’t know what he was doing so stopped. During the car ride he liked to rolled down the windows all the way and feel the wind slap his face so his skin felt buzzy and numb, hair flying everywhere while his eyes became lines though he could still see.

“It’d ruin everything though, “Woohyun smiled at him, waving a hand. “Besides, you look completely adorable sitting there lost.”

“I’m not lost,” he sneered, clicking his tongue when he realized he spoke a bit loud and the weird rich people from the other tables looked at him like he was some uneducated . “I just… well…”

Woohyun laughed heartedly, not that brash but still endearing enough for Sunggyu to perk a smile up as well, “The only thing you’re wearing that you bought yourself is that t-shirt. Which strangely looks out of place from everything else you’re wearing.”

“Well, you should’ve dropped a hint we’d be dining at some high class place for lunch,” Sunggyu huffed again, getting weird looks which he got fed up with and shot a glare to the middle aged rich golf dude a little aways. “And you say my choice of clothes is like Batman complaining about not having parents or something.”

“True,” Woohyun nodded, accepting that Sunggyu in chose lighter colors today rather than the usual bleak black and magnetic earrings with a couple rings on. “Now are you going to order?”

Sungygu scrunched his face at the menu, looking up to see that same golf dude giving him the stink eye, “Only if we get a better seat.”

 

*

So Woohyun oh-so brilliantly charmed the waitress lady, who was wearing a vest and bow noted Sunggyu, and they moved inside to a secluded area only for two. With empty tables around them but most people here were either outside or with their families so no couples like them two.

Another waiter came over and took their orders. Since Woohyun had another meeting later in the evening, he rejected the offer of fine wines here at the local winery but Sungyu got to have some since he wasn’t driving nor had any work. He was planning on just sitting on the internet anyways so why the hell not. His boyfriend—uh, fiancé ordered the recommended pork chop while he tried to go safe with ravioli, which he pointed shyly at the word in case his tone would come off as rude to the other. It does happen sometimes.

Appetizer dishes waltzed in and Woohyun expertly thanked the waiter who put it on the table and refilled their glasses with water. A glass of dark jeweled red wine finding its way to Sunggyu’s side as he awkwardly thanked the lady who smiled at him with welcome.

Woohyun, with his normalcy, took a piece of the crouton and pastrami with parsley appetizer, eating it like there wasn’t a problem in the world and smiled at Sunggyu, pointing to the plate in the middle of the table for him to try.

He over looked the bread, which was skillfully placed to the side so you’d want to take one but you know it’s just there to fill you up, and picked up a little less fluidly that Woohyun and stared at it for a moment before snorting. “You know it’s high class when you don’t even know how to eat the food.”

The Raven just rolled his eyes, nudging him softly under the table, “Just eat the damn thing.”

He chewed on the thing slowly after having failed attempts to put it in his mouth. It had a weird taste, not the bad weird, but the weird that makes you think it’s high class and question if they just put lemon on it to say it is.

 .

They chatted while waiting for their food. To be honest, Sunggyu thought it was an abnormally long wait but since it was so high class, you couldn’t really complain since they were ‘perfecting’ the food. As cool as lemon sounds on everything, he’d much rather eat the heaps of pancakes they make every Sunday or Woohyun’s random cooked dinners.

Woohyun talked about how Hoya was trying to get Dongwoo here too for a double date, but the smiley Dongwoo refused because Sunggyu would probably catch on quickly with his fluttery mouth. The two were watching some movie in a cinema, and Sunggyu found himself kinda wanting that instead of this.

The courses made their way onto the table, and Woohyun pushed Sunggyu to eat first. He was beginning to regret his choice, eating one part of the ravioli but it tasted oddly weird. The bad weird. It was too oily and he had to fight the urge to throw it back up as he swallowed. But Woohyun paid a lot for this so he tried his best to finish off the oil drowned pasta.

Sunggyu finished quicker than normally, since he liked to eat a lot and just sat watching Woohyun. The Raven gave him a questioning glance, continuing to stare back as he ate more.

“Want some?” Woohyun finally asked, pointing some meat onto a fork for him.

“Please, yes,” Sunggyu leaned over to take it but the Raven snatched it away.

“Then tell me what’s bothering you,” he smiled devilishly and Sunggyu huffed.

He thought for a few moments whether or not to tell Woohyun about his discomfort. But hell, they agreed on no secrets. Of course he keeps the fact about going to public baths with Sungyeol and Myungsoo every so often, so they keep their heads, under cover. And a few incidents about Sungjong taking him out to eat for composition for him doing some odd job.

“Woohyun,” he sighed, taking the other’s outstretched hand into his own, rubbing circles onto the round part of the thumb. Sipping at his wine just a bit before putting it down, “As much as all this is really great and all. Very, how should I say, once and a while nice. But I’d prefer to just stay at the house for our dates. Maybe an ice cream parlor or something. Just something not as…”

“As big as this?” Woohyun pouted.

He nodded slowly, “I appreciate it a lot though! Hell, you spending so much money on a reservation and stuff is so sweet but I’m a simple guy”

The Raven nodded back, still pouting with that jutted bottom lip and puppy eyes, “So you won’t leave me?”

“What are you talking about?” Sunggyu rolled his eyes, giving a reassuring squeeze to their linked hands. “Are you being dumb again?”

“Dongwoo said if I don’t give you some spice every so often you’d leave me…”

“Are you really listening to what Dongwoo says?” Sunggyu sighed, smiling amusingly. “You don’t need to win me over, because you already have me.”

“Really?”

Sunggyu wanted to slap his own face for saying something that cliché and gross, but Woohyun’s that type of guy, “I’m sure.”

He got some meat after that and his tummy was happy again.

 .

*

They drove out of the high class place, rolling hills of the grape vines passing by in rows and rows.

“So where are we going next time?”  Woohyun took off his tie and ed a few off his shirt. Looking to Sunggyu with those warm eyes and dumb smile.

Sunggyu laughed, rolling down the windows all the way, “Ice cream!”

Woohyun snorted, leaning over to place a quick kiss to his forehead, “I knew it.”