Because I Froze Your Time

Cloud's Station

combined two requests into one. Yes, genius. _cloud

Request: Frozen au + Fairy!Gyu


 

Because I Froze Your Time

It’s always when it gets to the dead of winter, for him anyways, is the most boring of all. The animals are all asleep, the plants fall into a frozen bed of snow, and the lake freezes over, stilling everything. Maybe he had something to do with it because hey, this is a Frozen spin off but let’s not break the fourth wall here, shall we?

Once, he had made a huge castle of ice, but demolished it because it was too empty. He hated how he could hear the winds howl across the perfectly sculpted halls and ruffles his hair all over his face. He missed hot chocolate, but he’d just freeze it if he ever touched it.

He spends his days beside the lake in the dead of winter. Big and wide, watching the fish swim in the deep blue waters meters below from the thick ice. He purposely made it that way so no stray animals would fall through. Of course he left the shallow streams untouched, so they’d still have some food and water. But hell, if he sees another deer freeze to death all his hair is going to be gone.

He can’t provide warmth. The clothes he wears is cover of snow reflecting off blue. Looks like a ing sweatshirt hoodie and some jeans, okay?

Now he sits in a little igloo. With frozen lichen and moss as his bedding and icicles as his wind chimes.

 

*

“Beautiful.”

Nam Woohyun is an ecologist. He’s scouted the globe in every habitat, biome, and hemisphere for animals, plants, climates, and altitudes. The nook and crannies of caves, the windswept plains of the grasslands, the jagged rock faces of mountains, the blistering hot deserts, and the lost mazes of forests; Woohyun’s been to mostly every biome. Calculating and reporting his findings.

Now he steps into the northern highlands of the upper Celtic plains. Cold and harsh, he’s bundled up in layers upon layers to ward off the cold. His eyes covered with snow goggles, an orange sheen glistens in the sunlight. Two jackets, a sweater, and a windbreaker encases his upper body where as two pairs of jeans and big snowpants hugged his legs. Hands deep into his pockets with mittens on and a knitted beanie adorned his hair. A long scarf latched onto his face and choking his neck.

In any case, he looked like a neon orange blob trying to make his way through two feet of powdered snow and ice.

Waddling, Woohyun still took the time to admire the lost, separated pines that grew spaciously around. Each having their own little room and mounts of snow piled onto their branches. Wondering what kind of flowers grew here in the summer time, what color the grass turns, and how often to animals appear.

He disregarded reporting anything onto his notes at the moment until he gets back to his cottage. Had not even a clue how far he’s walked that day, just the view of white everywhere and the reflected light that tinged with blues awed him to keep going.

Slow enough, he crept onto a huge lake. The ice clear, as you can still see the lake below swimming soundly with fish. Burying his nose deeper into his scarf, he sighed. The waterfalls to the side were frozen over like a cascading wall of icicles.

“Really beautiful,” he mutters to himself.

“…thank you.”

 

*

He slams himself down behind the waterfall, breathing heavy and eyes wild after what he’s done. He had forgotten that the ice takes his voice anywhere he’d like, and for s sake it went straight to the other haughtily bundled man across the lake.

.” He berates himself. “Dumb ing Kim Sunggyu, how can you do that?”

It was on whim. All whim. When he saw the man, he scoffed at the waddling neon orange man going to his lake’s edge. But when the man stopped and examined his work, he suddenly felt like he was being evaluated for a grade. It all but destroyed him with happiness when he heard the man say his work was beautiful.

“Who’s there?” the man called out, pulling down his scarf just a tad.

Sunggyu stayed behind the waterfall, and for the first time in forever, he started to shake. Not for the cold, but he didn’t know that at the time.

 

*

Woohyun scratched at his head. He could have sworn he heard someone respond to him. But it was really weird, because no one in the right mind (besides Woohyun) would want to hike up about seven miles just to see a lake. Defiantly not thank him for so.

“You’re welcome!” he calls out. Maybe it was a snow fairy or something? After all, he was in the Celtics.

He sighs again. It’d be one hell of a journey if he met a one of them. Rare, pretty, and small? He’s not sure, only read stories about them.

Smiling, Woohyun grins at the lake. Turning back to trek long to his cottage.

 

*

Sunggyu freezes his cheeks again and again to keep from them becoming too red. It’s been too long, his face seems to feel hot and warmer every time he thinks of the stranger who called his frozen lake (which he froze over himself, and chose the fish, chose the plants, even the rock placement thank you very much) beautiful.

Every day from that point on, he wanders down to the lake and sees the same man there, same bright neon orange and same waddle. He sits in the snow beside the lake, looking at his work. And at the end, after an hour, he stands and smiles. Saying again, “Beautiful” before leaving.

And that what makes Sunggyu keep coming back. Because he secretly likes seeing the man To have some compliments for his hard work in the snow. Not many ice fairies out there. They all crowd into the forests and meadows, churning up circles of mushrooms to screw with the human population. Because ice fairies need an endless amount of patience and toleration for the simple beauty of white, blues, rock and pines.

 

Busying himself, he woke far earlier before the late sun rose and reflected off the snow. He bounded down to his lake, making soft steps on top of the powered snow as his wings let him flutter just above them. He never flew too much (because he’s a lazy ) because he just never needed to worry about people. But the neon orange waddle man made his heart beat in nervousness that he will be seen.

He stepped onto the lake’s surface; every step he took covered the clear ice with a snowflake pattern. Triangular and sharp, that was his style, and it curved and shot out overlapping with each other.

He huffs, feeling that the man would be coming over the small hill side at any moment. Going over to the shore, he finds a smoothed branch from years of the water lapping away its bark; dark and soft driftwood, he picked it up and thinned it. Encasing the parts he wanted to hold in an iced handle.

Dragging it along with him, he let it go and covered the surface of the lake with triangular snowflakes. Making sure to have them take a sort of blue shine finish as he glided across the surface of the ice with the branch. Reaching parts he didn’t want to step to and spun around. Having circles wave and some ice stack up into small frozen fountains of ice. Each stream of water that came up a delicate, thin ice that only he could make.

Swirling to the middle, he spun his body so that the ice would start to build up behind him. Spinning with him as the ice produced a column, then details of ice ivy climbing the sides and to the top thin tendrils of ice falling to create a huge sphere of gentle swirls and triangles. A rather large dome, like a summer patio roof platform, only it’s made of ice, has ing detail down to the very fibers of the ice, and in the dead of winter.

Flying down to the snow, he was left small foot prints of himself. Blowing a path of a powered snow on the lake to the dome, and opened a small opening big enough for the man.

Smiling at his own work, he quickly flutters away to the side of the lake where most of the pines were clustered. Waiting.

 

*

“Wow…”

Woohyun stares, practically tumbling to get to the side of the lake. The ice was covered in triangular snowflakes, along with finely placed powered snow circles and curls. The large dome of thin ice and fountains was in the center. The powdered path towards it just calling him to go in.

And there was a small imprint of little feet in the snow beside him.

Strange, but it confirmed his suspicions that indeed he was standing in a home and work of a fairy. Well, he never believed them before. His grandma loved to tell him stories about petal dresses and tiny ladies waltzing in the gardens and helping the flowers gain their color and personality.

It was completely different with snow and ice. Each tendril was encased with the finest detail to the thinnest speck of snow. Even the snowflakes sitting on top of the ice looked like small sharp flowers.

“Beautiful,” he had to mutter again every time he got here. He looked around the dome, smiling as he stepped onto the center, beside the large column covered in ice ivy. There was a bench there, white and to perfection. “Thank you,” Woohyun smiled, taking a seat carefully.

While he sat, he looked down to the fishes below, “I hope to god I didn’t just walk to my death.”

“My work is much sturdier than those half assed painted roses you see in the wild.”

Woohyun blinked, looking around, “So you are here?”

“…yes.” He hears a small voice. “You’ve been looking at my work for the past weeks, waddle man.”

“Waddle man?” Woohyun heartily laughs. “And how about you, little ice fairy?”

“You haven’t even seen me yet.”

“I saw your footprints. You left them for me right?”

“…”

“Thank you,” Woohyun smiles at nothing.

“Why are you thanking me?”

“Well,” he tilts his head, furrowing his brows. “I…actually don’t know.”

“An idiot. That’s who came to see my work?”

“Hey! I’m a very good ecologist that has documented nearly every biome of the world!” he huffs. “And you?”

“I made this lake. It is my work,” the fairy responds to him in only his voice. Seemingly travelled by the ice, flowing to his ears and greeting them even past his earmuffs with a freezing touch. “…do you like it?”

“Do I like it?” Woohyun hums, intentionally drawing out his sound to lengthen the pause. “Why would I come back here if not?”

“No one’s ever seen my work,” the answer seemed tentative. “But… it feels nice for someone to like it. …and return to gander once more.”

Woohyun nods, looking around in the dome. “…are you going to show yourself to me?”

“Are you going to take me and show me to the world, ecologist?” the fairy suddenly spits.

“No!” Woohyun looked around. “I’m Nam Woohyun, the ecologist, yes; but I would never harm the biome to those who rein it.”

“…”

“Please believe me. Look I haven’t even taken any pictures yet,” he presses. “If you’ve been watching me, then you know I haven’t even taken my hands out of my pockets this entire time.”

A silence washes over them, the wind softly howls in the dome for minutes. Sixty, then another sixty seconds.

Before a puff of the lightest snow swirls in front of him and small, thin triangular ice flowers fall to the lake surface. A small body, the size of his palms put together pops in front of his eyes. Iced sky colored eyes and the most delicate flat white wings he’s seen. A sheer translucence to them and you can see the veins swirl and twist in them. He quickly his palms under the small male, which he thought was going to be a woman.

“Nam Woohyun,” the small fairy smiles, sitting onto his hands he held out. “Thank you.”

Woohyun felt his palms instantly cool, but not as cold as the ice his was on, “You’re welcome.”

The fairy smiles up to him, “My name is Kim Sunggyu and I am the owner of this lake. Pleased to meet you, ecologist.”

“And you, Ice Fairy.”

 

 

Would you like to build a snowman?”