Stars are Plentiful; It's plural for a reason

Cloud's Station

Stars are Plentiful; it’s plural for a reason.

Life without Lemons still can make something else, Idiot
requested by rexpon

 

Sunggyu crashed down on the couch, the day already gone by in a flash and his suit was still on him. Hours of papers and files, and still no culprit that matched the description. He had a hunch that it was probably the bird keeper in Central Park but no one would believe him with such few evidence pieces. But without the time both in the office, running around getting his subordinates in order and at home, where his partner was ever so needy while his own son’s birthday was coming up. He said he wanted a cat, but they all didn’t have the time to care for a pet. It would devastate him; Sunggyu was not mentally prepared to see his son crushed by the sadness of not getting a cat.

His eyes were closed as his hand slipped from under his cheek and he fell to the couch arm, though still not moving. The door down the halls quietly creaked open, the softly thumped closed followed by trying-to-be-quiet steps toward the living room. Their home smack in the city, an apartment, was quite big because of his and his partner’s job. It’s good and their son was lively attending school with a happy heart at the age of ten. They’ve only had him for five years, but it feels like their entire life. Sunggyu was a little hesitant adopting a child, seeing as his whole life was all rules and restrictions from his parents. Church every Sunday even though he didn’t really want to go, (not because he isn’t religious but the fact of getting up on his day away from school) curfew at seven, bedtime at nine thirty. Not only that, but also the fact he was sent to private school, with his own single class comprised of himself and the teacher, a family full of doctors and dinner by himself every night. He wasn’t exactly familiar in the area of ‘family’, even being with his partner’s family was a bit awkward. Since he had very interactive parents, making Sunggyu shrink away from the uncertainty of what to do really.

So when he was let loose into college, Sunggyu went a wild. He searched for the new ways of life, besides rule books and curfews. He went to underground clubs, drank his off, and did other things that aren’t supposed to be mentioned. Learning how dirty he became after his crazy freshman year, he calmed down a bit on his second year and went about doing his school work with some diligence like his childhood had been.

And he met him.

“Hey,” the couch dipped with his partner sitting closely pressed beside him, rubbing his back comfortably and he hummed trying to be coherent but the day’s just been too much for him. “Do you want to change, Gyu? Sleeping here in that isn’t exactly what I call getting off work.”

Sunggyu really tried to stay awake, but all he could do was lean his body the other way other the other male and sighed, “You ever think Yoosung is ever bullied for not having a mother?”

“Now why would that concern you?” the other chuckled, hugging him so his face was stuffed into the crook of his neck, Sunggyu sniffing the shower gel he bought the other day. “You’re as motherly as any woman can get.”

He grunted, trying to kick the other to silence him but the male moved away quicker than him, still awake than him. “You’re more of the mother than me. Always home, able to spend time with him… Woohyun, do you think he doesn’t like me?”

“There you go again,” Nam Woohyun rolled his eyes at Kim Sunggyu, “These false ideas you get in your head, stop it Gyu. He loves you just as much as me.”

“Yeah,” Sunggyu huffed, hugging a little tighter. “Tell me that when we visit the school and he runs to you first. Tell me that when he’s the one bouncing for food in front of you, and all I get is a nervous glance when the report card comes in.”

“Aw, baby,” Woohyun rubbed circles on his back. “Don’t blame yourself, your job is demanding. You can’t be a full mom while trying to be the top F.B.I. agent in the bureau.”

Sunggyu smacked his back at the word ‘mom’ as he was clearly a man. “I just… want some time at home. This case is complete bull. Everything points to the bird keeper and yet my evidence isn’t enough. I swear, people are idiots when it comes to the law.”

Sometimes Sunggyu wonders why Woohyun ever chose him. He had, well maybe not the perfect life; everyone has problems, but he had quite a good life. Learning normally in public schools, having a close group of friends unlike Sunggyu who had one other guy he trusts in the office, an interesting college course of advanced cooking and literature. Then a grand outside life. Woohyun was such a guy in Sunggyu’s eyes, he felt lucky every day to go home to him and a cute son they have together. Yet, what did he do? All his life has just been a stiff card of high class, nothing to his name. He works in the F.B.I. and a chief for his own division, the Shades. And all he does every day is work and crash. Ran by coffee and leftovers of Woohyun’s master chef meals that turned cold and he was too lazy to heat up.

“When was the last time we had a family outing?” Sunggyu grumbled. “I can’t do this to Yoosung. It’s not fair for him.”

“You’re doing your best, he knows,” Woohyun comforted. He couldn’t do anything about his work and Sunggyu felt bad for complaining to him. The dark haired male had to stand beside Yoosung through everything. The tears, the joy, the hurt, and the smiles. Sunggyu wanted to be there too, but getting away from the office isn’t as easy as he had hoped. All he sees of his son these days is at night, when he’s already asleep and Sunggyu can’t even get a good look at him because his own eyes are dangerously failing on him. Woohyun having to drag him back into the bedroom to change and sleep.

Having no reply back, Woohyun looked down at the browned hair. Snorting while trying to pick him up carefully. Not really succeeding with ‘carefully’ but got the chief’s body up into his arms and walked back to their bedroom. Placing the tired man onto the bed, trying to get as much of the suit off of him as possible. Only succeeding in getting the belt, tie, and blazer off the guy. Then threw the blanket over him.

Jumping into the opposite side of the bed, Woohyun turned to face the other. Cupping Sunggyu’s cheek even as he was deep into sleep. Lightly snoring already making Woohyun chuckle to himself.

“Don’t be so hard on yourself…”

 

*

“Hoya, I want every agent surround him now! Gather Sungjong’s unit and force them through the door. No one gets out or else I’ll slit all your throats for losing him this time! I will not tolerate anything, get the damn bastard!”

Sunggyu yelled into the transceiver with fervor, growling at his own self as he ran down the block to secure the back entrance. His unit would be in the front, all of them, as he ran to the back. He needed space for this part, in case the guy was shifty and knew where to go. Sunggyu gripped the gun in his hand tighter and halted in some alley way in the back, eyeing the door across the street intently as he lifted his gun up to his cheek. Peering from behind some trash can.

And his phone rang.

He hissed, looking at it quickly though his face was completely wiped of anger when he saw it was Woohyun. He needed to pick it up, what if something happened to Yoosung? He rarely calls since he knows Sunggyu was deep into this case already. But the guy would be running out from the alley way any time now. Digging into his pocket, he shoved the Bluetooth into his ear and picked up the call.

“What?” he was breathless, staring at the door with minor distraction of Woohyun’s voice and a cute ‘Lemme talk to Mommy too!’ in the background. He wanted to smile, but it was dangerous. He was already distracted as it is.

“Hey Gyu, just wanted to call and ask if you can still make it tonight?” Woohyun calmly replied, his voice hinting he knew it was a bad time.

“F-for what again?” Sunggyu asked. He was completely clueless, cleaning his forehead of sweat with his sleeve.

Woohyun sighed in the phone. Grunting a little, Sunggyu assumed he was picking up Yoosung since the child’s voice became louder, “His school ceremony? Remember he might get some awards?”

“Ah yeah,” Sunggyu inched forward. At that time, the door burst open and he stopped talking altogether. Forgetting he was even on the phone in the first place and pointed his gun to the floor near the guy’s feet, running forward and yelling out his usual sentence of any officer. The man’s rights and demands to lower his weapon. “Put the gun down! I will shoot if not!”

“Gyu, what’s happening—“

“Put the gun down now!” Sunggyu pointed his gun threateningly to the felon’s head and he aimed it; the other caught in the mouse trap.

“Mommy?”

The man didn’t lower his weapon though, and Sunggyu shot right after the other missed his head by a fraction, the Bluetooth in his ear flying off as the bullet hit it. Sunggyu escaping losing an ear because of it, and shot at the guy’s feet in response. Yelling out to lower the weapons as the device on his belt called for officers to come to his location.

The man was ran by fear in this moment, Sunggyu could tell by the dilated eyes and frantic side looks for his partners. Though all caught by Sunggyu’s division. He yelled out again, “No one will back you up, you’re surrounded. Give up!”

“You’re the one who has no one!” the man shouted on his lungs, firing anywhere really in his effort to get away. Shots rang out through the empty streets of the ghetto, hurting anyone’s ears and bringing the police closer. Only one thing that was wrong with the picture.

Sunggyu fell to the ground with a bullet in his body.

 

*

 

“Let me see him!”

Woohyun pushed against the officer of Sunggyu’s division, who blocked the hospital door with great difficulty from the worried partner. He grunted, looking at the kid in the back who was close to tears.

Hoya growled to Woohyun, “ing get your together, Woohyun. The Chief’s fine, so tell that to your kid.”

Woohyun spun around, looking at Yoosung as he himself was close to tears, going over to comfort the little guy and hug him. They were the last two to be in contact with the chief, and Hoya must think that they assume it’s their fault that Sunggyu got shot. But that’s not it, the culprit was just in fear. And having a gun in his hands wasn’t good.

“Shh, Yoosung-ah,” he heard Woohyun comfort, small sniffles from the kid had Hoya almost breaking. “Mommy’s fine, he’s just sleeping.”

“Mommy got shot…” Yoosung cried on. “He’s hurt because of Yoosung.”

Woohyun shook his head, hugging him tighter, “No no, don’t think that.”

Hoya had to look away or else he’d start cursing out loud for his own mistake. He should have accompanied the Chief to the background and none of this would have happened. He wouldn’t have a family to calm down and promise his Chief was okay when actually he had no ing clue if he’d make it out alive.

He saw Sungjong ran down the hall, going close to his side while eyeing Woohyun and the kid, “How’s the chief?”

“Not good,” he whispered back, making sure the two in the chairs didn’t hear. “The doctor said he needs time, and I don’t know what that means.”

“,” Sungjong bit at his thumb. “We should’ve—“

“I know.”

“He even told us it was the birdkeeper!” Sungjong stomped his foot. “And that ing bastard didn’t listen to him. Look what happened!”

“Keep your voice down,” Hoya hissed, glancing back at Woohyun who was staring at them. Obviously hearing them. “We have a family in our hands, and a kid!”

Sungjong was going to piss off again, until the little guy, the Chief’s son, took small steps toward them with those big, innocent eyes were too cute, “Are you Mommy’s friends?”

Hoya wasn’t good with kids, and he froze on spot. He needed Dongwoo for this, his fluffy Salamander that was bright and goofy. Perfect for kids. And Sungjong was too prissy to be gentle. Both of them stood awkwardly, as brothers, in front of the kid. Nodding slowly and trying to be friendly. Smiling shakily. Seeing that Sungjong wouldn’t do anything, Hoya sighed. Trying to remember what Dongwoo does with the neighborhood kids at their home, squatting down and smiling rather wonky to Yoosung.

“Yes, we’re the Chief’s friends.” He confirmed, watching the kid bloom with a smile and he was beginning to think he just made a mistake.

“Mommy will be okay, right?” Hoya saw the little tears prick at the kid’s eyes and he wanted to stab himself for making him cry. For whatever reason. He in a breath, not knowing what to do and looked to the chief’s partner for some support. But only Woohyun stood in the back, making large movements telling him to improvise and he’d be dead if he made his son sad.

“Um,” he looked around, thinking not only about Woohyun being mad at him, but if the Chief wakes up and catches wind of him making little Yoosung cry, he wouldn’t have a neck anymore. “The Chief is just really tired. He needs some days to wake up, okay?”

Yoosung looked down to his hands, shifting and then started sniffling. Hoya immediately froze, curses firing in his head for making the kid cry and already felt the deathly glare from Woohyun on the opposite side of the hall. But then, the kid looked back up, smiling at Hoya and was defiantly not crying.

“Okay,” Yoosung chirped, trying to be strong and Hoya patted his head assumingly, impressed by how strong the kid was. “Mommy was very tired, I know.”

Hoya smiled a bit more comfortably to the kid as the little guy turned around to sit in the chair again. 
Well, it is the Chief’s son after all. 
Glaring at Woohyun since the kid was way more calm and mature than the damn chef. It was a signal to tell him to calm down.

Woohyun sighed, evidently getting the point and went to sit with the kid as well. Rubbing Yoosung’s back and Hoya stood up again with a sigh. Sungjong giving him a thumbs up.

The doctor walked out of the room about an hour later, the kid was fast asleep and Woohyun couldn’t move. Hoya took advantage of this, seeing as Sungjong went back to the office to file the reports on their mission. They had caught the guy, just having their Chief take one for the team. He frowned, he didn’t like it after all. Hoya stepped up to the doctor, asking right away if Sunggyu was alright.

“He’ll pull through, he’s very strong actually. Despite what past records said about his weak heart, he was still able to withstand the surgery we went through.” The doctor shifted his glasses up. “He’s fine, don’t worry.”

They all breathed a sigh of relief hearing the last line, Woohyun desperately wanting to get up but waking up Yoosung wasn’t good. It was already half past ten, and the kid had school the next day. Having the okay, they were allowed to go into the room. Sunggyu was only going to be conscious for a little while before the medically induced coma would set in. Time was ticking.

“Go home, Nam,” Hoya ordered, pointing to the kid, “He’s tired. You guys can come in when the Chief’s better than this.”

“But—“ Woohyun tried to make some sort of excuse, because it was his damn partner that almost died on the table in these last few hours that just pulled through. He needed to see himself that Sunggyu was okay, though it seemed his eyes wouldn’t let him.

Though a weak, very strangled voice came from inside, “Hyun, g-go home.”

“Gyu?!”

Woohyun jumped up, picking up Yoosung with care and put the kid into Hoya’s arms, which the officer fumbled with holding him. The kid was good though, and wrapped his little arms around Hoya’s neck in his sleep. The officer felt a little bit of slobber from the kid on his shirt and wanted to groan.

Stepping into the room, the lights were dimmed so the Chief wouldn’t have too much strain on his eyes. Woohyun was bent over the bed, looking at the Chief with worried eyes and holding his pale hand. Sunggyu looked too pale for his usual stoic self. Too broken for the strong leader they were so used to. Hoya looked away, still holding Yoosung tightly though.

The two murmured quietly to each other, Woohyun more than Sunggyu; Hoya not even bothering to leave and just blocked out the sound. He sighed, knowing that the two needed to have a settled heart until the door creaked quietly open, and he finally let himself smile in relief as well.

“How is he?” the older asked him as he took Yoosung from his arms, his hair tussled from the wind after running here, slightly out of breath.

“Better,” Hoya replied as they stood in the corner of the room, rather far from the Chief since the room was big. “Thanks for coming so quickly, Dongwoo. I know you were busy.”

“Just at Sungyeol’s, not too bad,” Dongwoo smiled at him, holding Yoosung with care and rubbing the child’s back to sooth him back into slumber. “Chief’s got it bad, having a family while running a division. Must be tough on his mental stability.”

Hoya looked at Woohyun, who clutched Sunggyu’s hand so caringly and eyes full of love. He wondered if that’s how he looked like when Dongwoo was hit by a car a couple years back, though it was just a little bump and all he got away with was bruises and a cut on his leg. “You think… he was hit because he’s got too much on his hands? I mean, the Chief never gets hit at all. To see him like this is just…”

“Disturbing?” Dongwoo chuckled. “He’s a man of too many tasks. Just look at Woohyun, he’s gotta worry about him and a son and the division.”

“Well, he doesn’t need to worry about us—“

“But he does,” Dongwoo cut him off. “He does because he’s in charge. It’s not something you think about doing, it’s something that just happens.”

Hoya blinked, looking back at the chef, “Then why Woohyun?”

Dongwoo, the childhood friend of Sunggyu shook his head, “You only know about Sunggyu’s work side… Woohyun’s pretty edgy. He gets nervous pretty easily and needs some sort of leverage to keep him grounded. Plus the fact he takes care of Yoosung more, Sunggyu needs to settle his own heart on how he’s holding up without him.”

“,” Hoya frowned. “Just… .”

“But I think it’ll get better from here,” Dongwoo smiled, nodding toward the couple. “I’ll pull some strings.”

 

*

Next week, Sungjong stood beside the chief while his eyebrow twitched in annoyance. Here he is, trying to tell that the case had been solved and something else had risen. Low and behold, their boss shoved the case to the Shades, so Sunggyu will have to jump back into action right after he leaves the hospital. Woohyun was defiantly not happy with this, so the Chief’s partner stuck beside him at all times, making Sungjong want to sock him in the face. No one is happy about it but they have to follow through. Criminals don’t turn themselves in, at least, not all of them.

“She’s been sighted with the corporate CEO of this company, and using a con to make her way in. If we counter it with these fraud bonds, we can get the CEO’s trust and make her plan backfire,” Sungjong explained out Sunggyu’s plan again, just to comprehend and the Chief nodded.

“We’ll need an inside man, me, to con the CEO completely and then the team will dive in at this moment,” Sunggyu pointed on the paper; “You and Hoya will catch her in the act.”

Woohyun frowned, hugging Sunggyu’s side more, “I don’t approve of you going alone again.”

“I don’t either—“ Sungjong actually agreed with the annoying bastard, but Sunggyu clicked his tongue at the both of them.

“If any more than one person goes, she’ll be suspicious and get onto our plan faster. We just need to stall the CEO long enough for her to make her move and then capture. Easy in and go.” The Chief shook his head. “I’m the only one that can lie better than you dweebs so it’s our only choice.”

“Actually that won’t be necessary.”

The three of them turned to the doorway of the hospital room, where Dongwoo held a large bouquet and Hoya followed suit, holding Yoosung’s hand abet awkwardly.

“Dongwoo?” Sunggyu questioned, taking the flowers with a thank you and then looking over to Yoosung, who cheerfully raised his hands up to try and hug him. Hoya helping the little guy get on the bed and instantly latch onto Sunggyu. Which the Chief bit back a groan, he saw. “What are you doing out of school?”

“Have you forgotten?” Woohyun at the side sighed, looking a bit disappointed while Sunggyu’s spirit dropped quickly. Sungjong wanted to slap his mouth closed but Hoya stopped him. “It’s Yoosung’s break already, for you know, Spring?”

Sungjong didn’t like the shadow that fell onto the Chief’s face, who shook his head apologetically at his son, “Sorry Yoosung-ah.”

“It’s okay!” the kid smiled brightly, “Uncle Dongwoo said you’re going to stay at home with me and Daddy all week!”

“What?”

Dongwoo stepped forward, going to Woohyun’s side and shook his shoulders playfully, “Yep! You’ve got this entire week off and when you come back, a lesser work load for a bit. Then you have the choice of resigning your position for something less demanding.”

Hoya nodded, “You can’t be running around in danger of getting killed anymore, Chief. You’ve got a family.”

“Yes, but—“

“Not only that,” Sungjong huffed, “But a ing possessive husband! Do you know what he whines about when you’re not around, Chief?”

“No I don’t,” Sunggyu shook his head while Woohyun was held back by Dongwoo, shouting at Sungjong to ‘Don’t you dare!’ say what he had in mind. But the little Lynx smirked. “Sungjong what is it? Is he bothering the division?”

Hoya scoffed, “More like bragging.”

“He can’t shut up on how he bangs you in bed! And then whines about how long it’s been!” Sungjong cried, smiling triumphantly when Woohyun’s face paled significantly while Sunggyu lost an innocent smile.

The Chief covered his son’s ears with warm palms, smiling normally at him and Yoosung brightened, smiling back unknowingly. Then Sunggyu looked up, thanking Sungjong for the little piece of information as he looked back to his left hand, the little silver band on his ring finger looked very fragile all of the sudden. And Woohyun gulped, looking to his own gold one. 
“Isn’t that something, Hyun?”

The room shivered at the Chief’s words, Hoya guiding Sungjong, who was still celebrating his victory, and Dongwoo, who was covering his mouth in case he was going to burst into laughter; out of the room before the Chief could lay his terror on them too.

“Gyu?” Woohyun nervously sat in the little seat bedside the bed, Sunggyu gently gathering up the papers and placed it to the side table. “I-I can explain.”

“You don’t explain anything,” Sunggyu snapped, though his eyes had no sharpness to them. Woohyun was confused, ever so, until Sunggyu started to chuckle and caress Woohyun’s cheek with an extended hand. “I knew as much already.”

“Really?” Woohyun wanted to sigh relief, but it was too early for that. Sunggyu might still beat his when he gets on his feet again.

“It’s quite easy to tell,” Sunggyu nodded, taking his hand back. “You know, when you’re division starts to back off the hugs and stop asking you out for a drink with the rest of them unless it’s a holiday party. Starting to usher you home and say ‘You’ve got a man who’s waiting!’ at you. Yeah, not that hard. I suspected you said as much, when one day Hoya walked to my desk awkward than any other day.”

“I told them so they’d back off,” Woohyun growled, taking Yoosung into his lap, who cried in happiness. “I saw that one guy look at you at bit too long, I needed to set my place.”

“You make it sound like some sort of game,” Sunggyu scoffed. “I’m not a prize.”

The chef rolled his eyes, “Yes yes, we went over this. You’re the overlord.”

“Correct,” Sunggyu sat back, smirking.

Though their conversation stopped when Yoosung popped his head up, staring at Sunggyu with those eyes, “Mommy, are you coming home?”

Sunggyu widened his eyes, remembering Dongwoo’s words and then laughed softly to himself. Knowing his friend probably annoyed their boss, Lee Joon, with chocolate and his thousand watt smile. Which the man cannot stand and finally backed down. Sunggyu thought he deserved that for not taking his word that the bird keeper was in fault. He loved his job, he really did. Working for the F.B.I., having his own division of good men and women, having the loyalty of them, and the liberty of having the title of Chief.

But he had something better.

“Yes, Yoosung-ah,” he patted his son’s head. “I’m going home.”

 

*

He got his release to go home, and the rest of the week Sunggyu stood up. He tried to mask his discomfort as much as possible, but Woohyun urged him to sit and rest many times. Even as they were outside. Sunggyu demanded they take Yoosung out to play, going to parks and rides; also some fun child places like an art painting thing along with such and such. He was tired, but it had been so long since he was able to walk around with his family that he disregarded his fatigue.

Now they sat inside, inside a large restaurant on the high floor in some distinguished shopping department. Fancy and well known, Sunggyu sat beside his son who bubbled with happiness. Kept on hugging him and telling him that he ‘loved Mommy’, making a warm feeling stir in his chest and he had to laugh it off while smiling without knowing. Yoosung’s happiness spreading to him so easily, he loved it.

He decided, he’d end his carrier in the F.B.I. bureau. It’s been a long decade plus four or five years and a good fifteen years. He’s made good friends, a great team, but more importantly he got engaged to the person who holds him most precious. And that was the ending note that made him decide as such. He had Woohyun and Yoosung, no job can ever come over them. His desk is littered with Myungsoo’s pictures of his family and Yoosung’s little drawings. He’s come to the conclusion he just needs them really. His job has been great, it’s time to get on with it.

Because Woohyun once told him way back when, in college of his third year, “Life without lemons still can make something else, idiot.”

“And so, Pesto something something for a beloved Gyugyu and some chicken pasta for the best son in the world,” the chef came to their table, secluded in a booth and a little barricaded from the rest of the people.

Sunggyu smiled at the idiot, watching as he placed down three plates from the perfectly balanced form he had earlier, still not knowing how Woohyun does it so plainly while Sunggyu can barely flip a pen around without throwing it across the room.

“Thanks, Nam-,” he snickered, Yoosung laughing loudly beside him as Woohyun pouted and sat on the opposite side.

“That hurts, Gyu!” Woohyun joked, mockingly placing his hand over his heart in a dramatic cry, “Even my own son turned against me! Oh, how hurtful!”

Yoosung squealed with delight, “No, I love Daddy too!”

Sunggyu laughed, ruffling both of their heads, “Alright, come on. It’s dinner time, both of you.”

Woohyun smiled cheekily at him and nudged his leg under the table, “Yeah, dessert is after right?”

He immediately blared red and kicked Woohyun back with a little force, but he guess that ‘a little’ is more of ‘advanced killer kick’ in regular standards since he’s been in the force for so long . Woohyun groaned; stabbing his fork into the smoked salmon Sunggyu wanted all of the sudden to calm his nerves.

Yoosung didn’t know anything, and ate his pasta happily, telling his ‘Mommy’ to try some and he had to calm himself down and lean in to bite the little bit off the fork his son extended out to him. Humming in approval as Woohyun got his senses back. He rolled his eyes when Woohyun pouted, taking the salmon plate and switching it with the other.

“What’s wrong with it?” Woohyun poked the chicken pesto and he laughed.

“Nothing, I just want salmon. But anything you cook is beautiful.” Sunggyu had to say, seeing as Woohyun beamed and boasted to their son that he was the best chef ever, which Yoosung giggled and agreed.

While he ate, Woohyun nudged his arm again, talking softer with that blissful smile on his face that Sunggyu just needed to smile himself, “So what are you going to do now?”

“Hm,” he hummed in both response and the tastiness of the fish. “I’ll go ask Myungsoo and Sungyeol if they need some extra hands.”

“In Myungsoo’s studio or Sungyeol’s little shop?” Woohyun questioned. Since the building was two story, the two of them decided to just do kill two things at once. Myungsoo studio for whatever he wants is upstairs while Sungyeol has a pastry shop at the bottom.

Sunggyu tilted his head, wiping Yoosung’s mouth with his napkin when he saw sauce dribble from his mouth, “Both I guess. Whatever they need help with on days, you know how Myungsoo goes on reserves.”

“Yeah,” Woohyun smiled at him, so Sunggyu raised a brow at him and asked him what’s up. Though the chef just shook his head, “Who’d you put in charge of the division?”

“Sungjong,” Sunggyu grinned. “He’s more than capable.”

“And Hoya?”

“Went to work with Dongwoo,” Sunggyu nodded. “In the main office.”

Woohyun opened his mouth impressed, mumbling whatever and Sunggyu leaned in to flick his forehead, “What’s that for?”

“Nothing,” he laughed, seeing Woohyun rub the spot with a little annoyance.

He thought to himself, this is what he really likes. He likes seeing his son giggle his little off at his father’s silliness and hug him whenever he feels like. Knowing that when he hits his teenage years it might change, and they might get into some fights. But Woohyun, the man who just changed everything in his life, stand beside him with that stupid grin and push him to eat food. He liked it, just like this. He didn’t need to edge to his life anymore, he didn’t need to be pressed on stress to catch some criminal. He needed this.

“I love you,” Sunggyu said out of the blue, to the both of them.

Yoosung smiled, trying to finish his meal, “Love you too, Mommy!”

He looked back to Woohyun after patting their son’s head, the guy having a funny look in his eyes. He was going to ask what’s up, or if he said something wrong. But Woohyun stood up and went over to his side, grabbing his arm and hauling him up to stand alongside with him. Tilting his chin with those hands that creates masterpieces on a plate, bringing him into a kiss while he heard some whistles in the backgroung.

Shifting his gaze, he saw the rest of the five sitting at a table a bit aways, waving at them and he rolled his eyes at Woohyun, who smiled into the kiss and brought him closer. Yoosung in the back covered his eyes cutely and said they were gross, which had Sunggyu laughing and breaking the kiss.

“You know I love you,” Woohyun pressed his forehead to his, not even caring that their friends were behind them. Sunggyu had to sigh, having that feeling he’d be teased tomorrow but to hell with it.

“A bit too much,” Sunggyu chuckled, kissing him again in his own favor. “But it’s okay.”

“Promise me,” Woohyun spoke again when Sunggyu though he’d break away, but he didn’t. “That you’d stay with me even after we part for the stars and moon.”

“You’re so…” Sunggyu shook his head, having to laugh lightly again and look into his eyes and smile. Just like that. “Woohyun.”

“Hm?”

He laughed, hearing Yoosung squeal “Ew!” again in the back. “I promise you, you dumb idiot.”

 

A Star is a kiss and the Moon is yours. You can tell when you’re there.

With the right one.