New Route

Cloud's Station

I am not dead guys. I just moved into the city and it's quite scary... No stable internet but have this for now. 
And something happened (that still is kinda extraordinarily inconceivably hard to understand, even for me. Which I still need to wrap my head around the news and makes me feel all fuzzy inside because wut the , I'm just a loser and still...) and yeah, I'll tell you guys later in a whole new one shot. 

-super lazy with requests...which is only one of them xD
Infinite 4th Anniversary :D
_cloud


 

 

Take a walk on day full of wind yet the sun shines high above with some trusty cloud friends. Showing the way towards anywhere really.

Kim Sunggyu liked to take the fast way to work, yet today, something just came over him. Maybe it was Dongwoo’s constant bugging for him to change something. After all, he did the same things every day. He was like some sort of lazy bum who just didn’t care for trying new things. Just fine with what he had already. Same shirts, same route, same favorites.

But you know it’s healthy to try new things.

Is what he tried to convince himself as he trekked over the scenic route to work. Over on the small road beside the mountains. He can hear the freaking birds for crying out loud.

Kicking a small pebble to the side, he sees a few cars just slowly rumble by. Taking their sweet time and people seemed to greet each other as they passed. Sunggyu had already said good morning to about two old ladies. That’s a lot.

“Oh young man, what brings you to this part of the city?”

A third old lady.

Sunggyu smiles, adjusting his bag on his shoulder which carried a book and some candies, because Sungyeol and Sungjong are greedy kids. “I’m walking to work. Left about two hours early just to take my time. How are you?”

The lady lightly chuckles at him, “You don’t see such younglings walking that often these days. My, I am well. Just dropped off some flowers on the corner of Sixth and Post.”

“W-wait,” Sunggyu shakes his head a little, “Post?”

“Yes,” the lady pats his arm, like all elders do and Sunggyu thinks it’s rather nice of her to do so. “Is there a problem?”

“Actually,” Sunggyu coughs, “I think I might be a little lost then. My goal was to reach Coral Avenue…”

“My boy, I’m sorry to say I don’t know such a street around these parts,” she sighs. Then brightens and snaps with years of practice, “Maybe you can ask the other young man who lives near here.”

“Another?” Sunggyu questions, finding it a bit surprising because these parts are filled with the people who have families and elderly; not very ideal for people his age. “Can I ask where might he be?”

“He’s always leaving the house, so you might not catch him,” she nods. “But it’s worth a try. He lives right up to your left, at the end of Bard Court.”

“In there?” Sunggyu and her walk just a block ahead, a small little dirt drive way leading through sparsely grown trees up the slope. On top, a large—no, huge home sits. With gates and everything. “A young man like me?”

“Yes, my boy,” she pats his back. “Go on, he’s a nice man. Always waving to me when he leaves in his car.”

She bids him goodbye and goodluck, and he does the same. But now, all Sunggyu hopes is that he makes it to his workplace in time.

 

“Ah, whatever,” he snorts, walking up to the guard which was stationed at the side of the iron gates of the drive way. “Um, hello. Do you know how to get to Coral from here?”

“S-sorry sir,” the guard stiffens, standing straighter when Sunggyu spoke to him. “I’m not entitled to outside this area. You’ll need to ask Mister Nam.”

“Ah…” Sunggyu nods, “C-could I see this Mister Nam? I’m lost.”

“With all means.”

The guard stiffly moves his legs in straight steps and presses a button to open a small gate to the side. “Mister Nam will be home shortly. You may enter and please wait in the entryway.”

“Alright,” Sunggyu walks through the gate, “Thanks.”

The guard nods back to him without further words.

Sunggyu sighs, looking up to the house. Which was on a slope. Which meant walking uphill. Which meant work.

“Ah, screw it,” he shakes his head. Accepting the fact that he’ll be late now.

 

*

It’s been about three hours. Sunggyu has given up looking at his phone and shaking his leg. His promise to Dongwoo was that he wouldn’t call for a ride, or help in general. Which seemed stupid now but hey, trying new things.

He suspects this ‘Mister Nam’ is a very wealthy man, but inside the home was rather bleak and plain. Just the minimum. Some plush modern chairs in the entry way and the staircases were bare with the perfection of its own white. No super rare art hanging on the walls, just plain white curtains on the windows. Which everything was clean and spotless. Very nice, he should say.

But there really wasn’t anything special except the clean and white of the interior.

“Man,” Sunggyu slumps into the chair. “At least this is better than having Sungyeol pester me and Sungjong stealing my lunch.”

And he promptly falls asleep in the content air. Not too cold, not too warm. Just nap weather and Sunggyu succumbed into it.

 

*

“Hey, wake up. My guard said you have a question for me?”

Faintly, Sunggyu thought he just heard the most ideal voice but chose to ignore it. Turning to the side and mumbling, “Dongwoo, get your music away from me.”

“Music?” the voice chuckles. “That’s flattering. But you do need to get up, as it’s already sun fall.”

“Sun fall?!” Sunggyu shoots up, nearly falling out of the chair and everything was wonky. His brain fuzzy with sleep and he tried to blink it away. “W-where am I?”

“My home,” a man stands beside him. Clad in a stiff, body flattering suit. “My guard let you in, but my apologies. I was running late as the audience roared for an encore.”

“Encore?” Sunggyu blinks up to him. “So you’re Mister Nam?”

“Please, just call me Woohyun,” he extends his hand to help him out of the chair. “Now, why might you be here?”

“I’m afraid I’ve fallen lost while on a walk to work. The name’s Sunggyu, for your knowledge.”

“Sunggyu,” the other hums. “Where were you heading?”

“Coral, but somehow I’ve made it to Post,” he scratches the back of his head. “I know it’s late, but could you tell me how to get back to Cliffbank? I’ve already missed work. Might as well head home.”

“Cliffbank?” Woohyun looks at him with surprise, “That’s miles away.”

“Yes, I left early you see. A friend told me to try something different without help and here I am, lost.”

Woohyun turns to his clean white windows, then back to him. His eyes studying and he sighs, “I’ll drive you home. It’s late.”

“Wait just one moment,” Sunggyu waves his hands. “I can’t bother you like so. Just tell me a general direction and I’ll find my way home. I have a rather alright sense of direction.”

“Seeing as you’re lost at the moment, I can’t seem to believe you,” Woohyun laughs just a few times at him. “No worries, I haven’t driven in ages. Might as well get some practice back in.”

“Well,” Sunggyu adjusts his bag. He really didn’t feel like walking a long time again. “If you insist.”

 

*

The car ride was humble, the talk was idle, and the intent was innocent. Sunggyu thought the leather seats were beyond what he was used to and the smell of apples was great in a car.

“Here we are,” Woohyun drives to the side, parking the car on the curb and nowhere near his apartment. Which was across the street a bit but whatever.

“Thank you, Woohyun,” Sunggyu opens the door. “It was very nice of you to drive little ol’ me home.”

“It’s alright. The least I could do for making you wait four hours,” he smiles. “Though I do ask of one thing.”

“Sure.”

“Come to my piano recital at noon, Sunday.” Woohyun hands him a silver lined ticket with a smile. “It’d be my honor to have you.”

“Me?” Sunggyu takes it anyways. “Man, this is too much.”

“Think of it as,” Woohyun looks up to think, then back to him with a lovely eye smile with dimples, “You’re payment to me, cutie.”

“C-cutie?” Sunggyu reddens, stepping out immediantly. “W-we’ll see if I go.”

“Thank you,” Woohyun smiles again and Sunggyu feels warmer. “I’ll wait patiently then.”

“You…too…”

Sunggyu smiles.

 

Trying something new isn’t all that bad.