Let's go PARTY! Or, maybe not . . .

YG Enterdatement

 

 

 

“Unnie, I don’t know about it. That’s your idea of partying? Clubs?”

Bom kept her promise. She wanted to party tonight. You’re not going to be young forever, right? And what other better way to have a good time than clubbing? She didn’t really have any plans about where she was going to, but she at least thought that Dara and Minzy will be just as excited as her. She was wrong.

“Come on Minzy! It’s going to be fun! We can all go together.”

In the background, Bom could hear a voice desperately whispering:  NO WAY! Tell her no!

“Dara I can hear you! Stop whispering! Minzy, don’t listen to her!”

“Look, Dara unnie is driving me home right now, I don’t think we can go clubbing with you, we're pretty tired. I’m sorry, but I need to hang up, I can hear a police car, unnie. Bye, take care of yourself!” And that was the last thing Bom heard, as Minzy hung up, just like she said she would.

A police car? What the?! BUT MINZY ISN’T EVEN THE ONE DRIVING! AISHH! I’m just going to call CL.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Hello, Chaerin! What are you doing?”

“I’m trying to choose something to get dressed with. What about you?”

“Great! I was getting dressed too! Wanna go clubbing together?!”

“Go where!? In a club? Mianhae, but I have plans for tonight. I have to go to a meeting.”

“You would rather go to a boring meeting than to a club with your dear friend?”

“Not all the meetings are boring, you know? I can’t just call it off. Where are you going, anyway?”

“I . . . I was planning to go to . . . but then. . . I don’t know, I’ll just decide on the spot.”

CL chortled about her friend’s profound planning.

“I have an idea. Somebody told me about this exclusive club named Myeongseong, somewhere in Sinchon. It’s a really popular hangout for celebrities. It sounds just like a place for you, Bom. Why don’t you try there?”

“I will! Thank you!”

“For nothing. Have a great time! Bye!”

Alright. Let’s call the boys. Jiyong won’t probably want to go, but it doesn’t hurt to try, right?

After a few dial tones, T.O.P’s deep voice echoed in Bom’s ears.

“Yeoboseyo? GD is in the recording room right now, he can’t talk.”

“Oh. So you are recording?”

“Yes.”

“Oh, ok.So you are together right now?"

"Yes. We're recording."

"Aha." A short awkward silence. "Look, I was wondering: I wanted to go to a club tonight, would you guys like to go together?”

“No.”

“Wae!?”  Bom asked raising her voice, annoyed with Seunghyun’s monosyllabic answers.

“Because we are recording.”

“Fine then! Have a nice life!”

She hung up instantly.

YOU LITTLE DISRESPECTFUL ALIEN! Fine, it’s ok with me! They aren’t even party people, they wouldn’t have enjoyed it like I'll do! I should call Seungri. That boy can’t refuse a chance to show off in public. Parties are his specialty!

“Hello! Seungri?”

“Not even close. Daesung here.”

“DAESUNG?! But why do you . . . Oh right! You stole, I mean, you borrowed Seungri’s phone.”

“Neh, mine is broken.”

“So what are you doing?”

“I’m with Youngbae at the SBS studios. You know, tonight we are guest at  . . .”

“That show was scheduled today?!”

“Yes, it’s live in 20 minutes. What’s up?”

“Don’t even bother, it doesn’t matter. Bye!”

“Oh, ok. Bye-bye . . .”

“WAIT WAIT WAIT!  Do you know Seungri’s new phone number? Please?”

“Yeah, I’m texting you right now.”

Bom hung up without saying another word. As soon as she received the text message, her finger hit the dial button.

“SEUNGRI?!”

“Neh?”

“ARE YOU BUSY TONIGHT? I WANT TO GO CLUBBING. YOU COME WITH ME?”

“Bom? Are you ok? And actually, tonight I’m . . . uhm . . . meeting someone.”

“GREAT, YOU TOO?!”

"Yeah, I'm sorry. . . I can suggest a cool spot though! There's this club in Sinchon, full of celebreties, it's called Myeongseong – "

"YES I KNOW IT. HAVE A WONDERFUL NIGHT BYE BYE!"

THAT’S IT! I am going without them! I’m gonna have a great time alone! What was that club’s name again?

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Myeongseong was located in the heart of Sinchon, the famous district of Seoul, known for his lively nightclubs and bars. And this bar is indeed full of life. But this doesn’t mean that anyone can just party here. This was like the most exclusive club in the city, and being so popular with celebrities  meant exactly one thing: it was a perfect place where renowned people can hang out and have a good time, without having to worry that tomorrow a scandal will emerge. Confidenciality is guaranteed from one's very first step in the building. The word 명성 (myeongseong) itself means "fame", setting a clear boundry for the type of requirements set for people who wanted to party here.

Bom straightened her dress, checked her hair for the last time and drew herself up as she confidently stepped foot inside.

Let’s PARTY!

The club was amazing tonight. A fairytale of party-spaces was revealing itself in front of Bom's eyes: lavish crowds of people were dancing to the loud ear-throbbing music, bathing in a sea of colorful flasing lights. Who would have thought that such a fascinating ‘underground’ world was so well hidden from the curios eyes of the ordinary people? This was where the most important people of this city gathered together. From idols to supermodels, actors and politicians, everybody who was somebody was partying there. Bom was twisting her way through the crowd, trying hard not to disturb anyone’s important conversations which could potentially change the course of the world future.

What’s with all this V.I.P’s around here? I can swear that everyone looks like they are at least a successful senator or politician, or even better, secret agents. What the heck? Are they filming a new James Bond movie and the casting is tonight? If they look so fabulous just at a simple night out how do these people look when they go to bed? When they wake up I bet they're already wearing makeup and look glamorous enough shoot a commercial right in their bedroom.

“AAAAAHH! WATCH YOUR STEP!” a person shrieked from behind.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to step on your foot!” Bom turned around instantly to see the women she hit. “Soo Joo? Soo Joo Park?! OMOO! I saw you on set when you were having a photo-shot with Jiyong for Vogue magazine! You are amazing, the photos are breathtaking!  I’m so glad to finally meet you in person! I am sorry it had to be in these kind of circumstances. . .”

“Yeah, nice to meet you too . . . uhm . . .” slightly absent minded, Soo Joo didn’t even have time to process everything the excited girl in front of her was saying.

“Bom! I’m Park Bom! From 2NE1?”

“You are a singer? Oh, right! I think I might’ve heard your debut single. How did they even allow rookies in here?”

At that exact moment Bom's jaw dropped right on the polished dance-floor. Her long, dark eye-lashes slowly went up and down as she blinked in disbelief.

“ROOKIE!?! My debut was 8 years ago!!!”

“Oh right? Well, I guess you actually did debut, you look indeed kinda of old to be a newbie. I’m sorry, I am a busy person, I don't have time to listen to any kind of music. I really need to go now, people are waiting for me. More success for the future! Have a wonderful night, Bye bye!”

Bommie was just dumbly smilling and waving good-bye to her new 'friend', as she disappeared in the crowd.

MORE SUCCESS?!?! YAAAAH! LOOKING OLD? ARE YOU CRAZY?! I had more than 10 number one singles! How many did you have?!

She huffed in frustration and continued making her way towards the bar.

This was not a great idea. I feel so awkward. Every single person inside this club is chatting with their friends and I am sitting here alone like a loser. Not to mention that I am so inappropriately dressed and I am like the oldest chick inside this room. What was I thinking?!

Just when she was about to stand up and leave, a hand softly tapped her arm.

“Excuse me. Park Bom right?”

“Neh.” Bom lifted up her eyes to the men standing behind the bar counter.

“Whoa! Let me tell you, you look so much lovelier in person. I don’t mean to sound cheeky, but I had to say it. I’m a huge fan!” The stranger simply smiled with a radiant look, making Bom blush and instantly feel 100 thousand times better.

“Thank you! I’m honored. So, it looks like you clearly know my name, but I don’t know yours.” she asked the mysterious man.

“Of course, I’m not a beautiful celebrity like you are. My name is Lee Ji Seok, and I am unmeasurably glad to meet you. Can I offer you a drink?”

”I’m gonna have to refuse, I don’t really feel like drinking tonight. I don’t feel like anything to be honest.”

“Wae? Why would you be standing here lonely and upset?” Ji Seok frowned, his expression showing that it was clearly impossible for a young ravishing lady like her to be upset on a Saturday night out.

“That’s a long story. I didn’t plan to end up like this, however. But that’s enough about me. What about you? Are you a bar tender here?”

“You can say that. Ha, ha! I actually own this club.”

“NO WAY! she gasped in amazement. “Then why on earth would you serve drinks behind the counter!?”

“I don't usually do it. Only that, I had to personally take care of the most beautiful guest I've ever had in here. That’s why I went here straight and asked you.”

Bom blushed again and with her eyes sparkling in enjoyment she leaned closer to hear what this handsome man had to further say.

“I still can’t believe you! You own this awesome place?”

“What would you like me to do to prove it? Have one of the employees kneel down and bow for me?”

“Ha ha ha! No, no, I believe you, but this is such a fantastic place! And this means that the man behind this business is successful too.”

“Well, all I know is that I had all the success in this world when I met you tonight.” An enticing smirk formed on his lips, making poor Bom die inside for the third time that night.