How to destroy a date: Idiot Edition - Part II

YG Enterdatement

 

 

T.O.P rushed to the hut’s entrance, pushed the old, decayed door and stopped abruptly at the sight of the very same flight of stairs Bom and his date came across earlier that evening. He hesitated for a slight moment, but he then cautiously made his first step, wanting to go downstairs and investigate the situation. By the time he was halfway through the stairwell, he could already hear what was happening down in the restaurant.  There was some relaxing background music, the sound of forks and knives clinging against plates and an occasional laughter that could easily be identified as Bom’s. He went on descending the stairs even more carefully, watching closely every step.  When he eventually reached the last step, Seunghyun lifted his eyes to look around and examine where he was. He was surprised to come face to face with a confused, hunched, little old man, staring at him with a puzzled expression. He had been silently watching T.O.P’s every movement, dazzled by his gracious, precise, cat-like steps.

Seunghyun blinked slowly a few times, while his brain switched to the ‘emergency situation’ mood. In a matter of seconds, he decided to act in a way worthy of a trained secret agent. T.O.P suddenly seized the elder man, covered his mouth, immobilized him and dragged his body in the nearby kitchen, before anybody could see or suspect anything.

 

___________________________________________________

 

Once they have reached the kitchen, Seunghyun gradually loosened the grip and helped the ahjussi to get on his feet again. He did keep his mouth covered until the very last moment though, so that it was clear they must remain silent. The old man was paralyzed and shocked by the whole sudden, unusual encounter, not realizing what actually happened with him in the past minute.

“I am terribly sorry if I have scared you, ahjussi. I wasn’t expecting to find you there and I had to act quickly and efficient.” T.O.P spoke first, in a whispered voice. “Are you alright?”

“Slightly shaken up, but I think I am fine, young man.”

“Pheww, that’s great then.”  Seunghyun peeked outside at the pair dining in the corner. “Am I awfully late? Did they start a long time ago?”

“What? . . . A long time ago? . . . Well, no, it has only been about 15 minutes since they arrived – “

“That’s perfect. Are they enjoying themselves?”

“Well, uhm, it appears so to me, but why are you asking – “

“That’s not so perfect. Alright then, I have to stop this dinner ASAP. That guy cannot stay in the proximity of Bom whatsoever. We need a plan. Any ideas, ahjussi?”

Once Seunghyun finished the last phrase, Uncle Kim came to his senses and realized what was actually happening right in the middle of his kitchen:  a strange intruder has sneaked inside the restaurant, kidnapped him and was now mumbling some complete nonsense about an evil plan. He eventually asked for a proper explication:

“Young man, what exactly are you trying to do here? You can’t just creep inside a restaurant like thief and kidnap the first person you come across!”

“Wasn’t I clear enough? I am here with an obvious mission. This ongoing ‘date’ must come to an end.”

“Why would you want to do that? Those kids are having a great time. And more importantly, what is your name?”

Seunghyun was already impatient and nervous. He peeked outside again, while baring an irritated frown on his face.

“Ahjussi, I really don’t have time for all these questions. You really don’t know my name?! Look closely. Just think a little, who do you think I am?”

The old man analyzed his kidnapper for a brief moment before answering plainly:

“Well, you must be the sweet lady’s ex-boyfriend or something. Why else would you be so desperate to stop this dinner?”

“WHAT? WHAT?! NO WAY! I AM NOT – “ T.O.P was on the verge of giving himself away, but he quickly stopped yelling before doing so. After checking again on the clueless pair from the other room, he replied to Uncle Kim: “Ahjussi! I am T.O.P! Choi Seunghyun?! The famous rapper and member of BIGBANG? It is true I am from the same company with the girl sitting in the other room and I know her from a long time, but I AM NOT AND NEVER BEEN HER LOVEY DOVEY.”

This clearly stated affirmation seemed to convince the old man.

“Oh, alright, you must speak the truth then, because I think I remember now seeing you once on TV, the sweet lady as well. But I am still very confused about this. My old mind can’t understand why you came here so determined to ruin this lovely pair’s night.  And it is even stranger since you are not romantically involved.”

“Well, uncle, this is a very long story. Maybe I’ll tell you some other time. Now excuse me, but I have to finish what I came here for.”

The moment Seunghyun intended to turn around and exit the kitchen in order to do only God knows what stupidity, the old man caught him by the sleeve and interrupted the process.

“I am sorry, young man, but I am afraid I can’t let you storm into that room and ruin everything. This night is very important for Mister Lee and he was very specific about not wanting anything or anybody to bother him or the lady. I am the only one allowed to enter and that is only when I serve them at the table. If Mister Lee is disturbed, I will be the only one to blame. ”

T.O.P unmindfully listened to the ahjussi’s words, trying again to move away and turn a deaf ear to his entreaties, but his old, gnarled hands kept on clinging to the young man’s shirt. His pleadings went on:

“Be kind and listen to me, please. Mister Lee is very strict when it comes to these sort of issues. If I slip up and upset him, my restaurant may very well be in danger. He is the only one who had the power to protect it, and he is also the only one who can shut it down instantly. In this modern neighbourhood this is the only family restaurant left, only because Mister Lee wanted to keep it. This restaurant is all I have left, I can’t possibly lose it. Please.”

A he spoke, his watery eyes reflected the passion and attachment he felt towards that little corner of the world, where he has spent all his life. Seunghyun eventually backed down.

“Ok, ok, ahjussi, don’t sorrow over nothing, I won’t do anything that can harm you, I am sorry.” He soothed the elder man, knowing that Ji Seok was a powerfull man and that ahjussi's concerns about the restaurant were therefore justified.

Now that I hear about it, I can easily imagine a pissed off Ji Seok destroying everything this poor man has left. This is yet another reason to get Bom out of there immediately. This man is capable of anything.

“But uncle, I still need to find a way to stop this. At least let me go there and talk to them.”

Ahjussi still bared a dark expression on his wrinkled face.

“Oh darling, even though I want to help you, I really can’t let you bother them. There is no way you can enter that room without disturbing and upsetting Mister Lee . . .”

Uncle Kim remained silent for a moment, while Seunghyun cudgeled his brain for a solution. Surprisingly enough, the idea came in no time.

“Ahjussi, I think I know how to do this! You said the only person allowed to enter is the one serving them for the night. So I’ll replace you and become that person! Give me your apron, a notepad and I am ready for this!” T.O.P happily presented his ‘brilliant idea’, waiting for some applause or at least a Nobel Prize for his inovative solution finding skills.

Nevertheless, his enthusiastic silliness did receive a positive reaction, on a much smaller scale though, brightening up the mood and amusing ahjussi, who even chuckled.

“You want to become a waiter? In my shabby, little restaurant? Ha, Ha! This is a good one! An idol rapper serving my clients!”

“I am not kidding, uncle! It’s our only solution! I will cover it for you and you'll just pretend you don’t feel well or something. C’mon ahjussi, it is the perfect idea!”

“Alright, alright, go ahead, here is my apron. Just please be careful not to upset Mister Lee, be discreet!”

“Don’t worry, I’ll do my best. Waiter Choi Seunghyun, at your service!”

 

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­___________________________________________________________

 

“Gosh, I swear this food is simply heavenly! Uncle Kim is such a gifted chef! And a wonderful host as well.” Bom stated while munching the delicious food she has been stuffing her face with all diner.

“He really is, indeed. I am delighted to see you enjoying the location I picked for tonight. I was really hoping for this kind of reaction.”

“Ha, ha! Of course! I love this place! Not to upset anyone, but i am glad you chose a more intimate space over a crowded one like a club would be. Altough, to be honest, you just have to take me anywhere with plenty of food and I’ll be instantly happy!”

They both smiled and giggled before taking another bite. However, it wasn’t long before the pleasant atmosphere would change drastically, once a new character entered the scenery, completely unexpected.

Seunghyun appeared from the kitchen, proudly wearing an apron and holding an empty tray, approaching their table menacingly. He reached them in no time and started to cassualy pick up the empty plates.

His sudden arrival was not exactly welcomed, instead it came as an even greater shock for both Bom and Ji Seok when they realized that they actually recognize their new, spontaneous waiter.

Bommie nearly choked with the bite she was chewing on at the moment. Her date managed to restrain his awe and perplexity by keeping a straight, expressionless face, although he also immediately recognized the man in front of him.

“May I take this plate? Oh, miss, be careful, drink some water, please.”

*cough* *hack* “What are you doing here! . . .” *cough* *hack* The girl grabbed her glass from the table and threw the water back all at once.

“I’m just taking away these dishes for you. Ahjussi wasn’t feeling really well and I offered to help instead.”

“What?! Why on earth would you be here in the first place?! Since when are you qualified as waiter?! And why is this happening exactly tonight?!” Bom just couldn’t believe her eyes.

“Excuse me mister, but how do you even know Uncle Kim?” Ji Seok intervened, speaking for the first time, without even lifting his eyes from his food. He continued eating, acting his casual, slightly arrogant self, his tone crisp and irritated.

T.O.P’s expression darkened and he frowned involuntarily for a millisecond, upon hearing that man’s voice again, but other than that he too went on seemingly unaffected.

 “Yeees, of course I know the old man! It's like we became friends instantly, I’m telling you that!”

Uncle Kim?!So that’s the nice ahjussi’s name! Ha!

“Let me take this empty glass, miss. Would you like something else to drink?”

“Actually” Ji Seok stood up. “Would you be kind enough to take all of these to the kitchen, please?” He ordered and glared insistantly at T.O.P. “I will join you as well since I want to take care of the drinks myself.”

“As you wish sir.”

“I will be right back.” Ji Seok politely excused himself to the confused, speechless Bom, who remained alone at the table.

 

­­­­­­­­­­­­­________________________________________________­­­­___

 

Back at the kitchen, Uncle Kim has been quietly watching everything. When he noticed that the 2 men were now coming in his direction, ahjussi rushed across the room to the back and took a sit in a corner.

T.O.P entered first, caring the tray with the dishes.  Ji Seok followed next, bitterly remarking:

“You might want to put those in the sink. Or perhaps you want to be hired as a dishwasher as well.”

“I am just helping a friend out.”

“Yeah, sure. That old man is as much of a friend to you as I am.”

Ji Seok opened a cabinet and reached out to take some glasses from it.  Seunghyun started putting the plates in the sink, one by one.

“Now seriously, apart from enjoying the opportunity to follow your dream and become a waiter, why are you here? You were very clear last time about not wanting to ever see me again.”

“Oh, trust me, I was very serious when I said that. It doesn’t bring me any joy to be here with you either.”

“So then, it must be a very good reason behind it.” Ji Seok searched around the bar, revealing several fancy alcohol bottles, oddly-shaped and full of diversely colored liquors. He placed a couple of them on the counter and grabbed one, skillfully spattering the liquid in one of the glasses. He repeated the action with the others as well.

Seunghyun kept concentrating on the dishes.

“I am here because I wanted a word with you.”

“I am listening”

“I hope you remeber our last comversation and how we agreed to end things. I want to make it clear to you once again.” T.O.P’s body tensed with a wave of anger, as his hands clasped forcefully to the plate he was holding. He profoundly articulated every word. “I am warning you, once and forever. You agreed to stay out of our lives. So stay away from anybody close to us. Stop hanging out around Bom.”

As he heard the last sentences, Ji Seok clenched his jaw in anger. He abruptly plunked the bottle on the table, causing the sharp noise to echo across the room. He glared at Seunghyun, understanding perfectly what he was referring to. Ji Seok started smiling like a madman.

“Everything makes sense now. Sweet man Choi Seunghyun here is concerned over the fact that I am interested in a person ‘close to him’.  Well, let me tell you something. I can and will do whatever the heck I want. At this moment, this includes dating Bom, that nice lady from the other room who’s eagerly waiting for me to return. You can’t stop this, the docile codger over there can’t stop it," - he pointed at the frightened old man from the corner "absolutely nobody can. You are not in the position to threaten me. Or maybe you’d like me to have a little discussion with your sister?”

 “Don’t you even dare. Stay away from her. Stay away from us.”

“I will, my dear, as long as you stay away from Bom and any of my business.”

Ji Seok picked the two drinks up, intending to return to the table. T.O.P snatched the tray and reached him in two seconds, before he could exit.

“Why don’t you at least leave me to serve the drinks, since you were the one preparing them? After all, I am your waiter for tonight.”

He smirked and placed the glasses on Seunghyun’s tray.

“If you insist”

They both left the room in the same silent atmosphere they have found it.

 

­­­­­­­­­­­_____________________________________________________

 

“I am sorry it took me so long. I had some difficulties finding one special liquor I wanted to use for the cocktails.”

“Oh, never mind. I am glad you’re back.“

Seunghyun was three steps behind, caring the drinks. As he approached, he thought to himself:

I am not in the position to threaten you? Nobody can tell you what to do? I can’t stop you from seeing Bom? Well we’ll see about these ones but one thing is certainly clear. I can destroy this date in the blink of an eye. Hah! Just watch.

T.O.P got to the couple at once. He leaned forward a little bit, ready to serve the refreshments. As he did that, he also made sure he inclined the tray as well, just enough to make the cocktails slip away. As expected, one of the drinks landed right in Bom’s lap, while the other was smoothly deviated to fall on the the table, rolling toward the edge and spillimg its content on Ji Seok’s feet. The glass kept on rolling away, falling from the table and smashing into pieces on the floor.

The couple instantly jumped from their places as if they sat on fire.

“WHAT THE HECK! MY DRESS IS SOAKING WET! GAAAAAH THIS THING IS SO STICKY!”

“ARE YOU AN IDIOT? HOW CAN ANYBODY BE SO INEPT!? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW EXPENSIVE AND RARE THIS LIQUORS WERE?! NOT TO MENTION THE SHOES WHICH COSTED ME A FORTUNE”

“Oh my lord, I am so sorry! I should’ve been more careful. I am so sorry.” The clumsy waiter pretensly wined and apologized.

Seunghyun plucked some napkins and passed them to Bom. He only briefly looked at Ji Seok, who was desperately trying to wipe his shoes.

“I can’t believe this! You ruined everything! I am all wet and sticky and this huge stain is not going to dry any soon!” Bommie complained.

“I am so sorry I didn’t foreseen what this moron is capable of. Please, allow me to call my chauffer so you can go home and change yourself. I would imagine you can’t possibly fancy another cocktail after this disaster.”

“Oh don’t worry!” T.O.P cheerfully intervened. “I have a chauffeur already waiting outside. How do you think I made it here? Bom, he can give you a lift right now.”

“UGH, whatever, fine! Just get me home quick so that I don’t have to see your face again, moron.” She seized her purse and turned to Ji Seok. “Thank you for this lovely night. I am awfully sorry it has to end so early. Please, thank ahjussi for everything as well. I am sorry about your shoes too, I hope they aren't ruined. Thanks again!”

“My pleasure! Have a safe trip.” Ji Seok waved good bye.

T.O.P pushed Bom towards the exit, mubling to himself: “Yeah, yeah, sure, you can thank him later, you text with him all day anyway. Come on let’s go now, Seungri is waiting outside.”

“Did you say Seungri? I thought you said it was a chauffeur” Bom heard his mutterings and was slightly confused.

“Eh, Seungri, chauffer, same thing. They get you where you need to be. Now let’s go.”