Girls just wanna have ... a couch and corn?

YG Enterdatement

 

NEW AWESOME POSTER from signature artist PURPLEGUM aka my best friend aka the co-author to this fanfic. Not that I spoil her or anything but she really has talent, and has grown so much since she first started. Check her portolio on her profile page! And if you are in need of any graphic art, don't hesitate to ask if she can help! 

PS also please check her fanfic! (it's better than mine!)

-Ssigga-

______________________________

 

 

Dara was absolutely exhausted. She had been running around like crazy for the past week: magazine photo-shoots, advertising campaigns for cosmetics and filming her new web-drama, which was a really fun activity, but it also was the most time consuming and energy-draining one as well. She’s just finished filming for today and she finally had the rest of the afternoon off.

So, although she could hardly wait to arrive home and have some time for herself, Dara decided to do something else. She asked her chauffer to drop her at the YG HQ instead, since she’d left her car there earlier that day. The girl was sure she can get home by herself from there and insisted on doing so. Just like that, in no more than 15 minutes, Dara arrived at YG and kindly thanked her chauffer. However, as soon as she got out of the car and stood on her own feet, she soon realized that her plan might have been in fact a horrible mistake.  

If you happened to be passing by the entrance of the YG building at that moment, you would have witnessed a somewhat dramatic scenery: a sleepy girl, moving lazily to the front door, dragging her feet and continuously rubbing her red, dark-circled eyes. Tiredness made this poor creature yawn every 2 seconds, while her mind was fantasizing about some kind of pillows, beds and fluffy blankets wonderland. She hardly made it to the entrance, dozing and snoring rather than walking. 

OOOKeiiii, what the heeeck body?! Brain!? Why you guys no cooperating? *yawn* AAAISHHH I need to rest for a while, at least for half an hour… *yawn* There’s no way I can drive home safely in this state. Maybe a little nap will help… *yawn* YAAAA! I should’ve let the chauffer take me home, what was I thinking?! Bull-headed Dara! OOoh, but really now, God just give me the strength to find a place where I can crash out.

Luckily enough, her wish was soon to be granted. She managed to crawl to the elevator and press a random floor. Arriving there, she walked to the first door she saw, which magically opened in front of lazily batting eyes (automatic sliding doors, nothing mystic about them in fact). The welcoming scenery lured her inside, where one came across a pretty large music studio, divided in two distinct areas: a spacious working office, equipped with the latest technology for composing and writing, and another, smaller, sound-proof chamber, the actual recording room. Both of them were empty at the moment. So, since nobody was there to tell her otherwise, Dara plopped into the large leather couch she found in the office, falling asleep the moment her eyes closed.

 

____________________________________________________

 

*music playing on a computer*

“So, how about we speed up the beat a little more? I’d say the song has a certain feeling that would match perfectly with a faster rhythm. What do you think? Should we try?”

*music stops*

Teddy clicked the mouse a couple of times, adjusted several volume bars and changed some of the sound settings, frowning in concentration at the computer’s screen.

Although nobody answered his last question, the producer wasn’t talking to himself. GD was right on the chair next to him. Well, physically, because his mind was actually completely elsewhere.

GD was sitting at Teddy’s desk, leaning on one elbow, holding the weight of his head in his palm. He was wearing a striped beanie and had a pair of shades on, which he wore around everywhere these days. This proved to be the most efficient method to cover the most of his face, without being too obvious. (even though wearing sunglasses indoors is sure to strike anybody as being rather unconventional) These were the kind of measures he had to take when he was in this mood. What mood you ask? The sleeping-20-hours-a-day mood, aka the moment Jiyong’s software shuts down and enters hibernation. He experiences this disposition once in a while, after a heavily sleeping-deprived period, like the one the busy leader’s just recently been through. These two moods take turns in manipulating Jiyong’s sleep-life, turning him into the man of extremes he is today.

Hidden under his sunglasses, eyes closed, rapidly falling into a deeper sleep, GD was lost somewhere between dream world and the land of consciousness.

No wonder I can’t keep my eyes open, I’ve barely managed to fall asleep since that KTAA party. Man, this must be the longest period I’ve ever endured without sleeping. I’ll never understand why my body functions this way. I swear I can sleep straight for a week. No, forget that, a week is nothing. Just think about bears! They take it to a whole new other level! I read somewhere that northern-most bears can hibernate for periods as long as 8 months! Yeah, that’s more like it.  I gotta recover somehow all the sleepless hours I’ve been missing. 8 months should do the trick.

*music starts playing again*

“So? I think it sounds pretty dope.” Teddy replayed the song, a tad faster.  His head was nodding to the beat, feeling and enjoying every rhythm. “Eh? What do you say?”

Noticing the lack of reaction or maybe at least some proof that his friend was still alive, Teddy peeked suspiciously at him.

“Jiyong?”

Nothing.

“Hey, man?”

*crickets* snore *crickets*

“JIYONG!”

“YES!” An answer eventually came. “I am right here man! No need to shout.” Jiyong snapped out of the trance and straightened up instantly, fixing his beanie and straightening his glasses, like a sweet, old grandmother would. He pushed his chair near Teddy and leaned closer to the computer, carefully examining the screen. “So, what’s up?”

“Oh, nothing much. I was just reassuring myself I wasn’t chatting with a corpse or something.”

“Ha, ha, well, you’re not. What a relief, right?”

“Yeah, lucky me. . . Now seriously, let’s stop joking around. Tell me what you think about the song.”

GD took a brief moment to figure out that music was actually playing in the background.

“Oh, sure, the song! Well, I love it!”

“Really? Thank God, we finally finished with this one. I couldn’t imagine wrapping it up too soon, but we eventually did –”

“Uhm . . . well . . . actually . . .” GD interrupted. “If I listen to it some more, it kinda sounds a bit too fast-paced to me. We should slow it down a little, don’t you think? It will fit the song’s feeling much better.”

In a flash, a mixture of confusion, irritation, bewilderment and amusement settled on Teddy’s face.  He couldn’t even say a thing, as Jiyong has already snatched his crutches, stood up and was now limping his way to the door.

“Work some more on the rhythm, will you? You’ll figure it out eventually. Now, excuse me, but I have an urgent mater to deal with. See you around!”

Never has the producer been more speechless than in that moment.

And so, without further ado, GD left his friend’s studio, determined to go on and do the sole thing that was on his mind in that moment: get some sleep.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­________________________________________________

Imagine this: out of the many dozens of rooms, plenty of floors and the abundance of space YG building has available, Sandara Park managed to find the one and only studio belonging to the one and only person in the world who wished to be in her presence the least: Kwon Jiyong.

And so it happens, that our Jiyong was so sleep deprived that his inner system automatically led him to the one and only room where he knew he could find a reasonable, quiet place to sleep: his studio.

GD dragged himself on the hallways until he reached the same ‘magic’ doors that showed Dara the way a little while ago. The exhausted leader wouldn’t have even noticed if a blue whale was swimming around the room in that moment, so the delicate, tiny being, sleeping on the edge of his couch didn’t draw his attention at all.  

Since Dara’s petite body didn’t even cover half of the sofa’s surface, there was plenty of remaining space for G-Dragon to lay himself down right near her, without even sensing her presence.

Not even a minute past before Jiyong fell into dreamland as well, doubling now the number of sleeping souls from the room.

Although sharing the same couch and doing, apparently, the very same thing, this two ‘souls’ were in fact having some very different experiences. Underneath the peaceful physical appearance, there was something more going on, in the unconscious mind, where the dreams are being woven. GD, who has only recently fallen asleep, was far less troubled than Dara, whose brain kept on replaying the same messed up memories, over and over again.

“I have no idea why I didn’t realize this earlier, but you are the most joyful and winsome person I must’ve met in my life. I swear, you can cheer up anybody’s spirit instantly.”

“Whaat?!? ME?! NOOO WAYYY. . .” The girl laughed it off and shook her head in disbelief.

“But I mean it!” The man insisted. “You are always so thoughtful with each and every employee or stuff member and you always manage to make people laugh and feel good. That’s why it’s so pleasant and easy for anybody to collaborate with you. I don’t know any person working in this building that would resist your hilarious personality, myself included.”

“ME?!? HILARIOUS?! No, no, no. . . You must be joking! These things you’re telling me are just too much! HA HA HA, REALLY NOW!!” Dara was dizzy and tired, but merrier than never. Her last energy resources were draining out rapidly, triggering at the same time another curious process, which made the girl perceive anything as being outrageously comical:

“HA HA! REALLY, PWA PWA PWAAA!” Dara was laughing her head off as she held on her stomach from so much pain.

“YOU ARE SO FUNNY!” her hysterical laughter eventually cooled down after a while and she was now staring at the person in front of her with an idiotic smile playing on her lips. As Dara was sitting absent-mindedly like that, she didn’t even realize how the man accompanying her started to lean forward, gradually inclining his position. In a matter of seconds, her head instinctively tilted to the opposite direction, to match his. She could now sense his warm breaths getting closer and closer. It didn’t come as a surprise that right in the following moment, his lips touched and smoothed her owns. This sent chills down the girl's spine, while a lovely felling was now flooding every part of her body. She shut her eyes and parted her lips more.

“WAAAAAAAAHHYYAAAH” Dara started to suddenly scream and writhe, throwing her arms and legs around like a ninja, causing such a fuss that she ended up pushing herself, and Jiyong as well, off the couch. They landed directly on the hard floor, twisted and scrambled together

“DARA?!”

“JIYONG?!”

Finding themselves in this awkward situation for the second time around, after being violently woken up and tossed on the ground, could only add up to the confusion and shock both of them were experiencing in that moment.

“YOU CRAZY WOMAN, WHAT ARE TRYING TO DO?! BREAKING MY LEG TWICE? THANK GOD I ALREADY HAVE A CAST ON. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?”

“ME?! What are YOU doing here?!!!”

“ME?! This is MY STUDIO! AM I NOT ALOUD TO TAKE A NAP IN MY OWN PRIVATE SPACE?”

Dara stood up instantly and took a shift look around, recognizing the surroundings.

“Oh, sorry, of course I knew it’s your studio!” She cockily replied, while helping GD stand up as well.  She also handed him his crutches

“Thanks. What were you doing on my couch anyway?”

“I was, you know . . . passing by . . . and . . . I also happened to fell asleep. Then I had a . . . uhm . . . nightmare and got pretty terrified. I am sorry I made such a scene.”

“Uhm, ok? Anyway, fortunately, everything’s alright. But still, how the heck did you ‘happen’ to find exactly my studio??”

“Well, this I can explain! Uhmm, I’ve been doing this thing . . . the truth is I was . . . to be honest, this couch is . . . I really like it! YEAH! This couch is amazing! I love it!”

Jiyong bared a “Huh?” expression and was suspiciously frowning at her:

“Really?!”

“Oh yeah! The quality of this leather is simply fantastic! Just look at it!” Dara was speaking enthusiastically, turning around to show off the sofa. She was now gently rubbing and pressing its surface, while G-Dragon started to question her sanity.

“This fabric is softer than a baby’s bottom! I sleep here better than I do in my own bed! One can lay here till the end of time – “

“Ooookeii, I got it, I got it. You like this couch. But you know there are several identical couches all around the building, right? There is one in like every studio.”

“No, no, no, I tried them all. No one compares to this one, trust me. Anyway, I am sorry that I bothered you, carry on with your sleeping, or whatever it is you are doing. I gotta go! Bye, couch, I love you!” She sensually sent a kiss to the piece of furniture. “And, uhm, bye, bye to you too!” She waved awkwardly and evaporated from the room.

 

___________________________________________

 

“And one, two, three, four, repeat . . . Listen to the music and synchronize your moves, unnie! C’mon! ”

*huffing* “I am, I am listening . . .” *puffing* “YAAAh, this is soo damn tiring . . .” *panting*

As the setting descends 2 floors below to the dancing studios from the basement of the building, one would think they came across an ordinary scene for an entertainment company: 2 young and energetic people, training and practicing together. However, the odd thing in this scenario is that these 2 dancing silhouettes have some very different approaches over their mutual activity.

The first person was dancing flawlessly, with precise and fluid gestures, shrouded in passion and determination. This person seemed to belong here. The engrossed look on her face emphasized the engagement and ease of her every movement. She was standing in front of the room, close to one of the studio’s mirrored walls. Her eyes were fixed ahead, gazing at her partner’s reflection, slightly reacting or frowning at certain moves.

Struggling to do the same routine just two steps behind her (both physically and literally) was another person. This one on the other hand, couldn’t have been more out of place.  Gawky and sluggish, anybody passing by would cringe upon seeing her pitiful state: her body and clothes were covered in sweat and the look on her face suggested exhaustion and pain, rather than concentration or pleasure.  Her lungs were barely keeping up with the colossal amount of demanded effort, thus making the clumsy dancer pant and hyperventilate.

These two fascinating characters were none other than Minzy and Bom, engaged in an intense dance practicing lesson. Well, at least trying to . . .

“Minzyy-ahh . . . *huff* we’ve been doing this for such a long time . . . *puff* I am exhausted and tired and hungry . . . and . . . well mostly hungry . . . *huff* can we stop now please?”

“And one, two, three, four . . .”

“Really, please . . .”

“UNNIE! You are unbelievable! We only started 30 minutes ago and all you’ve been doing was complaining. You were the one who asked me to help you get into shape. You said you want to look your best for your next date with Ji Sook, right? – Now spin around! Good! – When you asked me I was happy to help and this is the best method I know! Dancing is such a fun and gripping activity, but you’ll have to work and try a little as well! – Quick! Kick, kick, nod your head! I want to see more energy! – You know very well you’ve been cheating with your diet, skipping dance practices and fitness training and you can’t go on forever with avoiding Hwangssabu-shi! You have no idea how angry he was last time he found you stuffing your face from the cafeteria’s fridge.  It’s time you started doing something about this.”

*panting* “I am not skipping my fitness training! I even started making regular appointments to the gym 2 weeks ago . . .” *gasping for air* “UGH, I hate this one, this move is so difficult! – And just so you know. I am eating a very healthy diet! Corn for example is nutritious and natural, and I always make sure I have plenty of that. Ohhh my, by the way, I would kill for some corn right now . . .”

“Look, unnie, I can’t help you unless you are committed to this. Now let’s finish this, just do the last part as we practiced . . . Good job!”

“HEEEEW MY GOOD MY LIMBS ARE ON FIRE . . . I swear I will sleep like a baby tonight. PFWEU!” Bom cached her breath and wiped off the sweat from her forehead while Minzy walked over to the sound panel to stop the track from starting all over again.

 “Now, I just want to eat something, I am famished! While we were dancing I started hallucinating about cute little corns on the cob that were flying around in a circle, singing my name. They even had top hats and canes! Ha! Anyway, thank you for this cardio work out maknae, I can feel the fat shrinking and running scared away from my body! I’ll see you later!”

“It was my pleasure! But unnie, just wait a sec so I can turn off the music. I wanted to discuss with you about this idea I have. It’s about meal planning and how effective is when – “

Minzy stopped the music system and turned back around, to speak with Bom face to face. The only problem was that her interlocutor has long left the room, leaving just a puddle of sweat and tears of hunger behind.

“She complains about being exhausted after practicing an easy dance routine for half an hour, but then it only takes the word “food” to cross her mind and she will somehow run like a marathonist out of the studio in less than 2 seconds. This girl is really something.”

 

__________________________________________________

 

I swear, I am never ever doing this again in my life. That girl is as passionate about dancing as I am about corn. And trust me, that is dangerously close to obsession. It was way too much for me anyway, I’ll just stick to the gym. That is if I’ll ever feel like going to the gym again, after how exhausting this training was. NO, but seriously, I am completely out of shape. I’LL HAVE TO STICK TO THE GYM. AND EXCERSICE. AND DIET. YEAH, I CAN DO IT RIGHT NOW! But first, let’s see what we have for lunch at the cafeteria.

Bom laid her eyes on the glass cases filled with delicious dishes, passing by and admiring each and every plate. Suddenly, her mind ordered the body to stop abruptly, at the sight of a golden treasure: a tasty-looking corn salad, waiting patiently to be discovered by an adventurous buyer.

Two minutes later and a couple of won less, a corn salad bowl was in Bom’s hands and a bright smile was shining on her face.

Corn salad. Well, it contains the word salad in it, so it’s diet food, right? I deserve this anyway; I worked out so hard today. Mhmmm, sweet yellow wonder, nectar of the gods, come to mama!

Not wanting to waste any of the precious time her taste buds might be spending enjoying the delicious meal, Bommie took a spoonful of her lunch without hesitation. Despite the fact that the quantity was ginormous, the girl enjoyed every morsel.

Not for too long, anyway.

Just as another spoon was making its way to , a familiar face entered the cafeteria: Hwangssabu. And to add on to the tragedy, the fitness trainer was making his way exactly to the same place where our greedy eater was standing.

But Bom acted surprisingly quickly: she hid the bowl behind her back and tried her best to conceal the colossal amount of food stuffed in her cheeks. Resembling a scared, chubby hamster that was caught in danger in one corner of his cage, it was really hard not to notice how she was trying to sneak out of the room with the smuggled cargo at her back. Hwangssabu warmly greeted her as soon as he’s spot her:

“Oh, Bom! Hello there! It’s so hard to find you these days!”

It was difficult for her to chew, let alone to talk. She leaned on a wall behind her, smiling stiffly and nodding her head, raising even more suspicions.

“What’s up, Bom? What happened? Are you ok? Your face looks rather swallowed.”

“Mbgbdbgd . . . it’s just mfghsbbd . . . to the dentist ttmbggsd! My molar . . . mbbhhhsd tooth decay . . .” The girl started oddly gesturing with one of her arms towards and teeth, bearing an expression suggesting she was in excruciating pain, still hiding her treasure at her back with the other hand.

“I’m sorry what? You were to the dentist?”

“Mhm, mhm!” She nodded in approval, gradually moving away from her trainer, sliding on the wall.

“Oh, I am sorry then. . . . No need to talk, just get better, ok? Hope to see you later?”

Bommie awkwardly smiled and nodded yet again. She dragged herself further along the wall, away from him, pushing the first door she could find on the hallway and disappearing inside.

 

­­­­­­­­­­____________________________________________________

 

Seunghyun has been bothered lately by various thoughts, all related to the same problem: Ji Seok. Since the ‘date’ incident, his mind hasn’t stopped wondering how this issue may escalate quicker than he can prevent.

How can this man be coming back so dangerously close to our lives again? I tried so hard to make sure he will stay away, forever. This will become a catastrophe if we don’t act carefully. I must tell my sister about this situation ASAP. She has to know what this bastard is up to.

T.O.P left the studio where he has been wasting his time in that morning and proceeded to search for a less used room, where he could phone his sister confidentially. This was an important matter and he couldn’t risk anybody hearing over their conversation.

At the ground floor, on a remote hallway close to the cafeteria there is a small room, serving no particular purpose at all. It has a couple of chairs and a table, and it is also where an old vending machine, found its last resting peace. Although it’s still functional, nobody ever uses it since the cafeteria, and neither did anybody bothered to dispose it.

This is the room where Seunghyun could be found now, dialing his sister’s number.

“Yeoboseyo? Hello, sis. How are you?”

“Seunghyun? Hi! I was on the verge of calling you too, you know? And I am great, thank you; I was just planning to go grocery shopping in half an hour.”

“How do you feel? And how is the little one? Isn’t it kind of a big effort to go shopping right now?”

“Come on, darling, I am pregnant, not sick. Fortunately I am feeling just as energetic as always. A little walk won’t hurt me.”

“Ok, then. I’m glad you’re alright.”

“Better than never! So, what are you doing, my little brother?”

“Well, noona, I actually called because I need to discuss something important with you. Is Jin Hyuk near you?”

“Uh, no he isn’t. He left for work as usual. But why are you asking me this? There’s nothing we can talk about that I want to hide from my husband.”

“You know, there actually is. I cannot tell you much over the phone, it would be better if I came over, if you are ok with that.”

“Seunghyun, what’s the matter? You are worrying me. What’s this about?”

“I don’t want you to be stressed or troubled, especially not at a time like this. But it has come the time you need to know. I met Ji Seok again, recently. Sadly enough, not accidentally. I don’t know how, but he got close to Bom. They are dating. I will tell you more when we meet.”

“…”

“Sis?”

“I am here.” Hye Yoon’s cheery tone changed drastically. Her voice was shaking, as if a ghost tried to speak, instead of a young woman. “I am just shocked. I have erased that man from my mind a long time ago, as his memory brought a lot of fear and anxiety in my life. I really hoped I wouldn’t have to think about these things ever again. But all those feelings are coming back to me at the mere sound of his name.”

“I am extremely sorry I caused you to recall everything now, but please be calm, it’s gonna be alright. I just need to explain the situation to you. You know, i will take care of everything, just like I did before. I am coming over right now, please don’t worry too much.”

“Ok, but please hurry up. Jin Hyuk is going to be back home at around 6 p.m. Seunghyun, he can’t possibly EVER find anything about this. I am not feeling well. I think I am going to throw up.”

“Noona, I am right here, I’ll be on my way in no time. You have no reason to be alarmed, we’ll get through with this again. We know who we are dealing with this time.”

“I’ll be ok, I think. Hurry up. I’m waiting for you. Bye.”

“Bye bye”

After he hung up, T.O.P remained still for a slight moment, with his sister’s terrified voice echoing in his mind. In the second prior to his decision to stand up and rush to his noona’s house, the door opened and unveiled a rather comical sight: Bommie entered walking backwards, smiling dumbly at someone outside with her chubby, stuffed cheeks. She shut the door with her foot and as soon as it was closed, her jaw agressivly started to chew desperately. The girl had no clue Seunghyun was in the same room, as she always faced the door, trying now to peek through the key hole to see weather anybody came.  T.O.P stood there dumbfounded, watching her as she stuffed her face with salad, in an effort to try and finish it as soon as possible, without anybody noticing.

“Do you even feel what that thing tastes like when you’re eating it so fast?”

“HOLLY CRAP!” Bom screamed in shock, while spiting corn particles all over the room. “WHY ARE YOU HERE?! YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!”

“Well, I felt like going and visiting the zoo, but meanwhile, I came upon a ravening beast from the Amazon jungle, devouring its meal right in front of me and I now have an even better show, for free.”

“Ha ha, very funny. I am hungry and I’ve just finished an exhausting dance practice, what can I do?”

“I don’t know. Maybe for the start, try eating slower and smaller bites, and also, sitting at a table would also be a good suggestion.”

“Wow, very wise, thank you for your advice. Now leave me alone, I gotta finish my lunch.”

“It’s alright; I really have to go now anyway. And don’t worry, I’ll tell whoever you were hiding from that you are here and you are pigging out on corn like a maniac. I know Hwangssabu wanted to talk to you, right? Have a nice day!”

“YAAAAAH! DON”T YOU DARE SAY A WORD! DO YOU HAVE A DEATHWISH?! YAAH COME BACK”