Meeting

YG Enterdatement

 

 

Dara parked her car and entered the YG building. Early this morning she received a call from an assistant, informing her she was required to meet YG papa in the conference room today.

Why would sajang-nim call for me? Does he finally have a new project? MAYBE A NEW SOLO?! No, no, stop dreaming, Dara. Then, what’s the reason? Oh, no, no, NO! Am in trouble? Maybe he found out how I drunk I was at the party. BUT HOW COULD HE? Nobody knows that I actually sneeked into his office. I just sited in his chair, he can’t possibly know I did that. I wanted to know what it feels like. Man when I think of it, I was really freakin drunk. No, no, it can't be. Maybe it’s just . . . Thank God! GD is here as well! He must’ve been called too. This isn't about me then!

 

“Hey, Jiyong! Did you get called too? I did! Do you have any idea why?”

“Oh, hi Dara. I don’t know, but the other memebrs are on their way too. And I am pretty sure that 2NE1 is coming as well.”

“I thought I was the only one! What a relief. Let’s wait inside then.”

The conference room was empty. GD, absent-minded, took a seat around the middle of the large table. When he heard Dara sitting herself in the chair next to him, Jiyong widen his eyes in sudden distress and with an uncomfortable look on his face, he bluntly asked the girl:

“Are you going to sit here?”

“Yeah. Is there a problem?”

“You can’t sit here.” Jiyong's expression darkened even more.

“Why?” The girl was genuinly confused.

“Because . . . uhm . . . because that’s where Seunghyun it’s going to sit.”

“But there is an empty place right next to you!” Dara pointed out at the nearby chair.

“I know. But that’s Youngbae’s chair.”

“Since when can people <> chairs? Do you take reservations now? Look around! EVERY SINGLE CHAIR IS EMPTY! “

“Those are too far away. I want to sit next to them.”

Dara grumpily stood up with an “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?” expression and moved to another chair. She could not get what the heck got into GD. However, just then, Daesung and Taeyang entered the room.

“Jiyong reserved you a place, next to him.” Dara told Taeyang flatly, looking the other way.

“Uhm, okay. Thank you, I guess? . . . How are you guys?”

Dara just remained quiet, passive-agressivly examining the room like it was the Sistine Chapel, intentionally ignoring the boys. GD threw a glance at her for a brief second, and then turned to his friend to answer the question:

“I’m good. Just a little bit tired, haven’t really slept good last night. Daesung, you look sad. Something happened?”

“Yes, I think so. It’s just that Yuri hasn’t replied to my last message, and I know she saw it. Look, it writes right here: Seen.”

“Leave that girl alone for a little bit. She is a busy and successful singer, she can’t always make time to check the crap you are texting her.”

“It’s not crap.” Daesung sighed and checked his phone, well Seungri’s phone, again.

“Hello oppas! Hi unnie!”

“Hi Minzy. Hi Bom!”

The girls walked inside and took a sit.

“So that leaves Seunghyun, Chaerin and Seungri.”

“We saw Seungri’s car outside, and CL should be on her way." Bommie remarked. "But as far as we know T.O.P may as well be in a spaceship, floating around our solar system. And you know I am serious.” Bom joked, making everyone laugh.“So any ideas about why sajang-nim wants to meet all of us?”

“Maybe he wants to talk with his more experienced artists. Plans for a new project, maybe?”

“Youngbae says experienced, I call that old.” Bom complained.

“You are not old. Neither of us is.”

“Dara is right! We are not old. Then, we shouldn’t behave like elders. What do young people usually do? Minzy! You are the youngest!”

“I don’t know. They may usually – ” Bom didn't let the maknae finish her sentance, speaking again:

“You’re right! THEY PARTY! That’s it! Tonight I am P-A-R-T-Y-I-N-G! PARTY!”

T.O.P entered the room.

“You sound pretty excited. That happy to see me?”

“Hello Seunghyun! We were just talking about you.”

Silence creped in. Everyone was patiently waiting for the others to show up, lost in their own train of thoughts. The door opened again and CL, followed by Seungri walked in.

“Look who I found primping in front of a mirror, down the hall.” Cl tauntingly pointed to Seungri, who was just glancing the floor, knowing what was going to happen next. CL's introduction was about to trigger a usual wave of moking remarks from his hyungs.

“What we’re you doing maknae?! Garnishing yourself for the CEO?! You ain't taking his place yet! HA HA HA!” GD bursted into laughter.

“OH I KNOW, I KNOW!” Daesung screamed. “What if he had to sit near T.O.P? He knows he looks average compared to him, so poor Seungri here, tried to attenuate the huge difference!”

“HA HA HA . . . PWA PWA PWA . . .”

“It’s great to see you all so cheery.”  Yang Hyun Suk’s high-pitched voice cut through the laughter like a knife, making everybody freeze.

“Good afternoon sajang-nim!” everyone greeted in one voice, bowing politely.

Yang Hyun Suk walked to the head of the table.

“You can sit down now.” He ensconce himself in the big leather chair. Leaning his cap-covered head on one hand, he closed his eyes and started speaking:

“You are probably asking yourselves why you are here. As you all know, the YG family concert is getting closer.  I’ve been thinking a lot lately and before the concert I want to release something new. I am very glad we win the first edition of the KTAA and I wanted to thank you all for this. As this company gets bigger and better, I think that we should not forget how it all started, how it was at the beginning, back in the day. In order to do that I consider that it will be a great idea to release a new version of an old song. The song I chose is Lollipop. I want Jiyong to rearrange the song, and I' suggest participating with it on music shows as well. I expect you to do a serious and effective job, as always. Is everything clear?”

“Neh, sajang-nim!”