Chapter 8

He is a Bad Boy

 

 

I lift up my head, staring at the blue sky, they look more beautiful without cloud around. The wind crazily hit my hair which makes them soft bumpy in the air. For a moment I forgot about confession that Minji Unnie told me.

When she said she likes Youngjae this time make me feel uneasy all of sudden.

I feel really sad about her admission that she wanted to make me hurt so badly.

Why she hates me that much.? It's not like my fault at all.

I let out a small sigh as lower my head down to look forward back.. 

The street is full with a lot of people and there are many expressions that they show. I slowly stroll in silent heading to my house way.

I walk pass by the small hallway. This hallway is a direct shortcut to my house. Usually, I'll always walk through the busy street because I was afraid to take this way. 

But today I don't know why, I feel like wanting to take this way all of sudden, should I?

I stop walking as stare at the empty hallway in front of me for a second. Deep down, I hesitate whether to do this or not.

I gulp down, why all of sudden this way gets my attention. I really don't have a clue why.

My brain tells me to leave this place while my heart tells me to go ahead. Which one should I follow?

However, I take a step forward to use this hallway. I take a deep breath before slowly walk down without turning around.

I let out a deep sigh of a relief, finally I almost near to my house. Only a few steps I will reach my house. My lip form into a smile.

I think this hallway is not really dangerous as it looks. it's pretty safe but I should be careful too because unexpected things anytime can be happen.

As I'm walking, a sound suddenly could be heard near by me. I stop immediately, wanting to make sure that I heard it right or not. my mind starts to think of a negative thing, remembering crimes that often occurred,lately.

I scrunch my nose, trying to throw away my deep though.

"Hey, come on. Nothing is going to happen if I keep walking and straightly go home" I talk to myself, mostly want to reassure myself.

When I'm about to take another step, once again a sound is greeting my eardrums. I start to feel restless.

I take a breath for a moment then try to find where the voice has actually come from. I follow the voice even I would rather not to know but I have too. 

The voice sound like someone is groaning in pain or something like that. I'm not really sure but my feet keep walking to find the voice.

I walk to the corner of the hallway and spot lying body over there. I press my palm to my mouth, didn't believe what I've seen in front of me. 

There is a guy with school uniform, but his figure seems like I've seen before. a loud groan escapes again from his mouth and without thinking twice, I rush straight to him, wanting give some help. 

When I reach in front of him, I quickly kneel down to check him up. I gawk when I see this guy face.

"Youngjae?" I call out his name.

With difficulty he lifts his head to look at me, then frowning, I don't know what the meaning of his frown, is he in hurt or confused with my presence?

"What are you doing here?" he coldly asks even he is in pain.

I glance at the corner of his lip is burst a little, did he fight with a gang.? I'm really sure not only one person beats him up maybe two or three did this to him.

I Ignore him as grab his arm to help him get up off the ground but he push my hand away. I bite my bottom lip to his stubbornness as I grip his arm even more and pull him up, a little force.

He instantly makes eye contact with me when I tightly my grip against his arm. 

I look away, unable to stare into his eyes for a long time when unfamiliar feelings come inside of my heart all of sudden.

"I don't need your help." Youngjae states.

"But I owed you.." I slowly tell him. "you've saved Minji Unnie..." I add again then look up to see his reaction. 

"Huh!" he hisses .

"keeps your excuse ,I don't need your sympathy at all. you're just a little kid that just gives me some troublesome." He rudely complains all of sudden but he doesn't know actually his word is making me a little upset.

I snort in anger when I see his mocking face. I feel like wanting to slap this guy on his handsome face right now.

"Fine ! You think I'm too desperate to help you !!" I exclaims as release his arm instantly which make him fall down to the hard ground.

"Ouh!, Yah! " he screams out loud but I'm ignoring him as well.

I start to walk away leaving him alone on the ground.

"What?! troublesome. Who he thinks I am. He just one year older than me.. He thinks he is adult enough to talk to me like that.." I babble under my breath as blow my bangs up in annoyance, without even want to look behind me.

"Don't go!" Youngjae suddenly shouts, I stop immediately without turning around, doubting whether I heard it wrong or not.

Did youngjae just talk to me?

I slowly turn around and saw youngjae who is sitting on the ground while holding his stomach. I narrow my eyes to him. From a far, I can tell, he seem like he is in a dilemma as bite his bottom lip. 

"Help me, I can't walk" Youngjae eventually says while looking away, prefering to the ground. Even this hallway is quite dark but it's doesn't mean that I couldn't see his red ears right now.

My lips forming into a smile immediately. Somehow, he looks childish.

I quickly run to him then grab his arm again to make him up. When he fully stands,  without hesitation he slung his arm over my shoulders and this time my face feels hot all of sudden as I'm blushing when Youngjae's face getting close to mine.

I clear my throat once.

"Don't put your weight on me only, you know I'm just a little kid." I mock him back and at the same time I try to hide my red face. Luckily, he didn't even want to look at my face.

"Shut up!" he exclaims, unamused.

~~~

 

I slowly put him on the couch in the living room. His eye starts to scan around my house. I've to take him to my house because my house is indeed close to the place where I've just found him.

I make a small sigh.

"Wait here" I order, seem like he didn't dispute me this time but just nod his head like a little kid. Wait, who is a little kid now?

I left him alone in the living room as wanting to take first aid on the kitchen.

On the other hand, Yonjin, My brother, going downstairs then straightly make his way to the living room, wanting watch some his favorite cartoon on the Tv like usually. He walks pass by the couch without even realizing that Youngjae attention now on him, frowning.

Yonjin happily snatchs the remote on the coffee table with a smiling face but when he turns around his smile automatic gone then replace with frown too.

"Who are you !!? " Yonjin shouts while pointing the remote toward youngjae. 

"A human?" Youngjae simply says. not interesting.

His eye grow big upon earning his nonsense answer.

"What are you doing here? How do you get into my house? Are you trying to steal something?!" Yonji shot him a lot of questions like a machine gun.

"Aish , You're too noisy.. Can you just shut the f**k up your mouth!" Youngjae yells, starting to get frustrated.

"Hey, Watch your language!" I shout while bringing the first aid in my hand to the living room.

But before I can reach to the living room, out of the bue, Yonjin runs to my direction then stretching his ​​hands in front of me. Seem like he wants to protect me of something. I'm blinking for a moment.

"What's wrong, yonjiee??" I softly ask my little brother, feeling weird by his action.

"Noona, just stay in my back, don't worry I won't let this crazy guy hurt you.. I'll protect you" Yonjin confidently states.

"Puhahahahaha" Youngjae can't help but burst into laugh while slapping his hand against my couch, totally forgetting about his pain.

"You, little kid .want to protect your Noona? what a funny!!" Youngjae says along his laugh, amusing.

"I'm serious, I don't want to see Noona get hurt again!! if you don't understand, just shut up, you evil ahjushi!!" Yonjin suddenly shouts as his eye start to tear up. he turns around to me then quickly hug me while crying.

"Noona...I don't want Noona to get hurt...I don't want to see Noona crying again.." He softly says , still crying.

Youngjae remains silent in his spot. speechless.

'Ah..not again' I mentally shout in my heart.

I break his hug then instantly kneel down to meet his eye, I wipe his tears away with my finger.

"What are you talking about..? I never ever get hurt again....Please don't cry.." I show my smile to him but he hugs me again. I let out a heavy sigh. 

I never expect that thing can be like this. I look up to see Youngjae who is staring toward us, guilty.

I don't have a choice but drag him along with me to face Youngjae. 

"Don't mind him. I don't know why he is acting like this way today" I bluntly tell Youngjae, don't want bring this conversation up, afraid that I will tell him about my past.

"Err..can you treat your wound by yourself....I need to comfort my brother first.." I give him a small smile, hoping he will understand. I put down the first aid on the coffee table.

He didn't say anything but look away, avoiding my eye. 

"O-kay.. I'm leaving now" I hesitantly state but then I make my way upstairs while leading my brother to his room.

~~~

I make a sigh of relief when I saw my brother already fall asleep on his bed. I get off immediately from his bed then stroll to the stairs but stop upon realizing actually I'm still in school uniform.

So, I decide to take a bath for a while before going downstairs. For some reason I feel like something that I'm not settle yet but what is it.

I shrug then start to walk to the bathroom, wanting fresh myself.

After done taking a shower, I begin to make my way downstairs then straightly go to the kitchen. My parent didn't come back home yet.

I grab a orange juice from the refrigerator then pour down to my glass. I bring the glass of my orange juice to the living room.

When I reach to the living room, I'm startled to see someone is lying down against my couch. 

I pat once my forehaed for my forgetting.

How could I forgot about this guy?

I slowly walk to his direction and found Youngjae sleeping peacefully on the couch. I stand beside the couch then bow down to see his face. I lift my right hand then swing them in front of his face to make sure he's really falling asleep or not.

"What am I doing?" I mumble to myself. I'm about to stand straightly but suddenly I slip on my feet which make me fall down on the top of Youngjae. My head fall onto his chest.

My eyes grows big immediately.

I start to panic, afraid Youngjae will wake up all of sudden.

I'm about to stand up but stop when I hear something noise against my ear. 

"What is that?" I raise my head up from his chest.

Unknowingly, I touch his chest softly and get a shock when I feel his heart beating crazily.

I shut my eyes, as trying to feel his heartbeat. I lift my other hand then touch my own chest either. well, my heart is beating too but no really fast like him.

Suddenly, a hand catches my wrist. he grip tightly.

I shot my eye open, startled.

"Don't touch me, if you don't want to see me die.." He states without even open his eyes. I quickly pull my hand away from his grip, frowning.

I didn't get it what actually his means. I titl my head in confused.

He opens his eye then get up from lying, he sits as staring at me for a moment before looking away.

"I have to go now." He coldly state then stand up. He slowly makes his way to the door then exit without turn around even saying thank you to me. 

I blink in my spot "What's wrong with him?"

~~~

 

Youngjae quickly bang the door close behind him then instantly touches his own chest.

"What just happened to me earlier? Why my heart being like this"

He still can hear his loud thud inside of his heart. he shut his eyes for a moment to calm down himself.

"I think I have to check up to the hospital" he starts to walk away.

"What if I have a heart attack?" Youngjae guesses then quickly shake his head.

"Impposible!"

 


 

 

=.=