//Chapter 08//

Healing His Heart

Hello, I know its been a while, to long thats for sure. As for anyone who is still out there, you may or may not even remember this story. All I want to say is I apologize for disappearing and showing up again randomly. So I feel like I owe it to you to finish this story. I really miss writing, and miss my stories, so i'm hoping I can completely comeback and focus on finishing this story along with my others. 


 

Xiumin rubs his stomach a few times looking at Kai, "Man, i'm hungry, can't we just order already, " he says kicking kai's ankles underneath the table.

 

Kai looks around for a clock, and spots one on the the wall to his left, "I think we should wait, they should be coming real soon," Kai says, then turns back to face Xiumin.

 

Xiumin nods, then suddenly thinks of something, "Wait, so since you owe me something, are you planning on paying just for me and you, not the others?" Xiumin asks confused.

 

Kai nods, "Basically," he sasy laughing a little realizing how bad it sounds.

 

"Oh, and didn't you say you don't have the money to spend, why suddenly?" Xiumin asks a little curious.

 

Kai laughs, "Thats why I picked this place. The most anything cost here is a little over eight dollars." he says, but truthfuly he had realized dinner would be better than having to spend the day walking around the park with Xiumin.

.

Suddenly a bell rings signalling that people have walked through the front door to the burger restaurant. Kai turns away from Xiumin now facing the people who have just enterd, and waves towards them.

 

Xiumin lifts his eyebrows and shrugs, then turns around to greet Kai's friends. The moment he turns around he freezes, it was Luhan and Sehun. 'What are they doing here', Xiumin thinks to himself. 

 

At the same time Sehun froze and immediately looks towards Kai a bit angrily. Then quickly looks to Luhan who now seems sad compared to how he was seconds ago laughing to Sehun's stupid jokes. That made Sehun pretty pissed. 

 

Sehun starts to move towards the table, but stops noticing Luhan wasn't moving. He looks back towards Luhan and nods, giving him a reassuring look. It didn't look like Luhan even noticed, its like he was stuck in a trance, almost like he didn't want to face reality. Xiumin could see it to, but even though he wanted to get up and comfort Luhan, he knew he couldn't do anything, and that hurt the most. 

 

Sehun took a step back, and tuggs slightly on Luhan's coat and leans in towards him, "Its okay," he says mumbling into Luhan's ear. 

 

Suddenly Luhan looks to the ground then nods realizing he was out of it. Sehun still holding onto Luhan's coat walks lightly over to the table bringing Luhan with him. Sehun pulls out the chair next to Xiumin, and lets Luhan sit down. Luhan hesitantly takes a seat next to Xiumin not making any eye contact with him whats so ever. As for Xiumin he has his eyes on Luhan the whole time. 

 

Once Luhan was completely settled into his seat, Sehun quickly takes a seat next to Kai. The moment he took his seat in the chair he quietly kicks Kai underneath the table. Kai screams out with pain making it super obvious, then laughs cause he did it on purpose. Sehun just gave a glare, while Xiumin ignored them still looking at Luhan, while Luhan continues to stare at the ground. 

 

Kai could feel the tense tension, and that was one thing he hated, so he yells out, "Okay,okay!" which surprisingly gets not only all Sehun, Luhan, and Xiumin's attention, but half the people in the resturant, which Kai quickly apologizes turning to the somewhat annoyed people. Kai then turns back to everyone and smiles, "Why don't we forget about whatever is going on, and lets have a great dinner!" he says feeling not to confident after Luhan's reaction. 

 

Sehun quickly jumps in, "Yeah, why don't we order. I'm sure everyone is pretty hungry" he says then picks up the menu in front of  him.

 

After a few minutes of browsing through the the menu a waiter finally comes to take their order. The waiter writes down what they want, then quickly gives then a smile and tells them the usual thing, "your order will be out soon," then leaves.

 

Kai and Sehun had quiet a strong conversation going on, but Xiumin and Luhan were silent. Xiumin really wants to talk to Luhan, heck its been so long since they've talked, Obviously Xiumin wanted to catch up with Luhan, but what could he do. The look on Luhan's face gave him no confidence what so ever.

 

Kai could tell Xiumin really had something to say, but he knew it must be hard. He nods to himself, "So from what I just herd from Sehun, Luhan just got a new job! Yay!" Kai yells trying to make the atmosphere more lively.

 

Xiumin looks to Luhan surprised and happy, "Thats good Luhan," he says causing Luhan to look away from Xiumin even more. Xiumin looks to Luhan sadly and yells at himself inside his head, 'it hurts, it hurts to see you turn away from me,'

 

Suddenly the waiter returns with everyones food, then places the food down to the owner. "Enjoy your food," the waiter says, then quickly leaves. 

 

Kai looks down to his plate of food and smiles brightly, "Lets eat!" he says.

 

They all begin eating.

 

~

 

The whole time they were eating Xiumin couldn't take his eyes off of Luhan, and Luhan himself could feel Ximin's eyes starring at him the whole time. Without realizing a few times Luhan almost stared back at Xiumin, but stopped himself. 

 

Luhan looks down to his food which was now almost gone, surprisingly he had a good appetite and has almost completed his meal. Luhan picks up the knife in front of him to cut the last pice of meat on his plate, but slighty misses causing him to make a cut on his finger, "Ouch!" he yells looking to his finger.

 

Xiumin looks to Luhan surprised, and quicky takes ahold of Luhan's hand, "You okay!" he says getting a napkin to stop the blood, but before Xiumin could really do anything Luhan shoves him away.

 

Luhan stood up from where he was sitting and stares right towards Xiumin, then runs out of the restaurant, leaving Xiumin speechless and confused. Sehun and Kai were confused themselves. 

 

Sehun quicky stands up and looks to Xiumin, "What did you do?" he says firmly.

 

Xiumin shakes his head, "I didn't do anything,but help him. He cut himself and all I wanted to do was help," he says. Then repeats the words, 'all I wanted to do was help' inside his head a million times, and everytime he repeated those words he felt like he was getting stabbed in the heart, because he knew he couldn't do anything. He knows Luhan isn't ready, but he can't help but to feel like he needs to do something. 

 

Sehun looks to kai, then quickly rummages through his pocket. After seconds he pulls out some money, "Here, its for the food," Sehun says tossing the money onto the table, then rushes outside after Luhan. 

 

Xiumin was so shocked he didn't even realize so much time had already passed. Kai was tapping on Xiumin's shoulder trying to get his attention, "Xiumin!" he says a few times finally getting Xiumin's attention, "I already paid for the food, lets go," he says. 

 

~

 

Kai looks to Xiumin as they walk side by side on the way home. He doesn't quiet understand the whole situation between those three, but he sure knew that it must be really hard. He places his hand on Xiumin's shoulder, "Im sure, no I promise that everything will be okay, and I promise to be there for you, so if you need anything please call me, we can talk," Kai says looking towards Xiumin sincerely.

 

Xiumin looks up to Kai kind of surprised by what Kai had just said, "Your serious," he says quietly. 

 

Kai nods, "Mmm, but can you tell me a little bit more about Sehun," Kai says making both of them laugh.

 


 

AN:Again its been a while and i'm happy to be writing again. To any if any of my older readers are still out there I thank you and I hope you can accept my apology for being absent for the past few months. For any of my new readers Thank you for subscribing and I hope you enjoy this story. I will try my best to continue and update this story.

 

Thank you again and sorry for any mistakes.