//Chapter 01//

Healing His Heart

 

Sehun walked into the living room of his apartment, of which he still shared with Luhan. He looked over to the small side table next to the couch. There was a single picture sitting on the table. Sehun smiled at the picture, but his smile faded as kept staring at the picture. Sehun sighed, he didn't understand why Luhan kept that picture there, all it was doing was causing Luhan pain. 

 

The picture was taken a little less than a year ago, the time Sehun went to visit Luhan on his vacation, the time Sehun met Xiumin for the first time. It was a picture of the three of them. Sehun didn't smile, and had an annoyed expression, Luhan looked like the happiest man alive, and Xiumin looked clueless. 

 

Sehun sighed, I have to tell him.

 

~

 

Sehun waited in the living room on the couch for hours, but Luhan still had not come home. Sehun texted him and called a few times, but Luhan must of been really busy because he never answered. What made Sehun even more worried was the fact that recently Luhan has been working a lot of over time at his job for the past few weeks. 

 

Looking to his watch and realizing Luhan would be incredibly hungry by the time he got home, Sehun decides to order some food. Chicken to exact, since he felt like having chicken and beer tonight. But he mostly wanted to do something to distract himself about everything. 

 

Sehun called in and quickly ordered the chicken and within about ten to fiveteen minutes the chicken had finally arrived. He took the chicken and placed it onto the table, then grabbed a few beers.

 

~

 

Sehun faintly hears the front door shut and then a few shuffles of the feet here and there. Suddenly realizing Luhan must of gotten home, he quickly jumps up from where he had fallen asleep. Only after seconds he was facing Luhan. Both giving eachother small smiles before one of them say anything.

 

"Beer and chicken? What's the occasion?" Luhan says tiredly.

 

Sehun clears his throat, "we, um need to talk," he says pulling Luhan a bit over to the table. 

 

"Just tell me in the morning, I'm really tired" Luhan says pulling away from Sehun.

 

Sehun looks Luhan strait in the eyes sincerely, "this is really important, and I think you would want to hear this," he says.

 

~

 

Both Luhan and Sehun face eachother at the table. Sehun takes a beer and opens the can. He looks up to Luhan and gestures for Luhan to take his share. Luhan nods, then takes a chicken leg, then grabs a beer. Sehun takes a few sips of his beer, then proceeds to eat his chicken. Luhan does the same.

 

Both of them slowly continue to eat their chicken and drink their beer, as they stare at eachother.

 

All Sehun could think of was how Luhan would react about this confession. As he took his last sip of his beer, all he could think was that this may be the last time Luhan and him will talk like friends ever again. 

 

~

 

They both quietly finished their meal, then continued to stare at eachother. 

 

Luhan sighed, "are you going to tell me already?" He says getting a bit annoyed. 

 

Sehun gulped, "promise.....promise me you won't...hate me," he says.

 

Luhan didn't reply. That usually ment Luhan knew that what Sehun was about to say might not be good.

 

That made Sehun even more nervous about telling Luhan, but he had to. Maybe this wasn't the best idea, Sehun thought biting his lip. He hated keeping this secret bottled inside for this long.

 

Sehun cleared his throat, "Xiumin."

 

The moment Luhan herd Sehun say the name Xiumin, his heart fell. A tear formed in his eye, but suddenly disappeared. Luhan began to feel angry. He wanted to yell and shout out at Sehun for even bringing Xiumin up, but Luhan new what Sehun was about to tell him, must be important. 

 

"Xiumin....he was sick...," Sehun began.

 

Luhan's eyes opened wide, "Sick?!"

 

Sehun placed a hand on Luhan's shoulder, "just hear me out," he says trying to calm Luhan down. "Xiumin...he had cancer. He was going to die.....but I convinced him to get treatment in America, but...." And Sehun stopped.

 

At that moment Luhan had Sehun pinned up against the wall, holding him by the collar of his shirt, with his fist only inches away from Sehun's face. 

 

"So, your saying he's dead," Luhan says with tears in his eyes, trying to keep himself from hitting Sehun

 

Sehun's eyes widen, "No that's not it!" He yells.

 

Sehun shut his eyes tightly, ready for any hits coming his way from Luhan. Suddenly Luhan pushes Sehun away, letting go of his collar. Sehun slowly opened his eyes. Luhan was shaking his head, slowly moving away from Sehun as if he was just betrayed horribly.

 

"How could you keep this from me," Luhan says as a tear falls from his eye, then he quickly turns away and leaves the room.

 

~

 

Everything was just so overwhelming. Knowing what he knew now, Luhan just couldn't believe what he just herd. How could Sehun keep a secret like that from him. For all he knew, Xiumin could be gone...forever. 

 

After a long quiet silence of thinking, Luhan realized everything

 

~

 

A Few Weeks Latter (Xiumin)

 

The loud annoying clock that rang every hour of the day, the clock that Xiumin hated, struck 12. For once Xiumin didn't hate it.  He didn't have to glare at it or yell at it for being annoying. He actually smiled and cheered happy silly words at it. Today was finally the day Xiumin was able to go home, there was no reason to be mad or annoyed by silly things such as clock. 

 

There was two, two people he really needed to see. Someone he dearly misses, yet at the same time he knew that that person would probably hate him. Someone he really needs to thank, the person who probably is the reason Xiumin is alive today. 

 

~

 

Xiumin had a dark gray hoodie on, wearing some sunglasses. He quietly listened to his music on the plane ride back to Korea. Being back was probably the best thing that has happened to Xiumin in so long. He was to excited.

 

Hours latter the plane finally landed, from there he went on a train to get to his new small apartment he rented out a few weeks before he came home. On the train ride there, there was so many things going through Xiumin's mind, and he lost track of time, without knowing it Xiumin was finally there.

 

While leaving from the train, Xiumin had knocked into someone. The guy fell to the floor holding his knee to his chest. Xiumin quickly bent down to help him up, feeling incredibly sorry. The guy just glared at him, his fist clenched. The last thing Xiumin needed right now, was to get into a fight.

 

Xiumin quickly apologized with a bow, "Is there anything I can do for you, I feel really about what happened," he quickly said.

 

The guy continued to glare at Xiumin, then tilted his head down towards Xiumin's pants. Xiumin looks down embarrassed. The guy shakes his head, then puts out his hand.

 

What does he want, Xiumin thought to himself. 

 

The guy sighed then turned away, hiding his face, "Money!" He quickly yelled. 

 

Xiumin squinted his eyes, 'really' he thought. Xiumin ignored it, and quickly took out some money, then handed it over. The guy quickly took it then ran off. 

 

"What was that about, didn't think there were people like that, at least not here," Xiumin mumbled to himself. Xiumin ignored everything that just happened, then continued on his way.

 

 

 

 


A/N: Its finally here!

Trust me they didn't drink anymore than one can of beer. 

Also trust me, that guy who asked for money from Xiumin, does have a point in the story for latter.