//Chapter 05//

Healing His Heart

 

 

"Will you stop!" Sehun yells getting annoyed with Kai who is tapping his hands on the table.

Kai looks up blankly, "sorry," he simply says, then continues to tap his hands on the table.

Sehun sighs, "Why are you here anways?" he asks.

"Am I not allowed here?" Kai sas lifting his eyebrows jokingly.

Sehun shakes his head, "Thats not what I ment, I mean Why are you with Xiumin? Whats your relationship with him?" he says curious to how they know each other.

Kai smirks, "I don't know him. He just keeps nagging to me about something that had happened," he says.

Sehun hesitantly nods, not quiet understanding the situation. 

"Okay," Kai says ndding, "What about you? Whats your relationship with him? Friends?" he says feeling a bit interested.

Sehun bites his lip not really knowing how to answer, "Friends?" he begins taking a small breath, "Just...someone I know," he says quietly.

Kai nods, "I guess there are lots of people we 'Just Know'" He says laughing.

Sehun nods looking away from Kai. He looks into the flock of people walking around in the park. He shakes his head feeling a bit uneasy, "Maybe this was a bad idea," he says softly under his breath barely loud enough for Kai to hear.

"What about a bad idea?" Kai says interupting Sehun's thoughts.

Sehun looks to Kai, "I need to go," he says standing up, then begins to walk past Kai

"Wa..Wait! What do you mean?" Kai says quickly getting up and following Sehun.

~

"Luhan"

Xiumin could tell by the expression on Luhan's face that this wasn't going to be as easy as he had wished it to be. 

Luhan defiantly wasn't smilling. His eyes seemed really dark, not even a glimpse of joy in his eyes. His hands were rolled up into fists, like he was ready to punch someone in the face, and he probably would, but not at a time like this. 

It was like Luhan really didn't want to see Xiumin, but the fact that he was standing in front of him, made Xiumin feel like there was a possible chance that he did.

Suddenly a small smile formed on Luhan's lips, "Is this what you expected?" he says, "Did you expect me to be happy when I saw you again? Especially after you lied to me!"

Xiumin attempts to say something, but is quickly cut off by Luhan.

"No! Don't say anything," Luhan begins, "I just wanted to see if you were really here, if it really was you."

"Luhan," Xiumin begins. 

Luhan shakes his head, turning away.

"Let me explain" Xiumin says

Luhan stops, noticing Sehun was walking his way. He quickly turns back to Xiumin, "Explain?! Explain What! You lied to me, and left without a word! What more is there to explain." Luhan says quickly before Sehun got to them.

"I-" Xiumin starts to say, but Sehun beats him to it.

"Thats enough," Sehun says, noticing that Luhan didn't look so good. 

"But I can explain!" Xiumin starts, "Luhan, you don't even have to talk, just listen. Please," he says begging.

Luhan swallows, "I don't know,"

Sehun pulls Luhan over to by the arm, "Just let him be, he doesn't want to hear it," Sehun says to Xiumin.

"Sehun, you know. Your the one who helped me with the whole situation. How can you come here and not expect me to tell Luhan what exactly went on!" Xiumin says feeling a bit angry.

Sehun looks to the ground realizing it was the truth.

"I know it was my choice to do what I did, but now I regret everthing, and Luhan desrves to know the truth," Xiumin says.

~

Xuimin and Luhan sat face to face inside the comfort of Xiumin's small living room. Sehun waited outside, with Kai who some how was still with them. 

Xiumin took a deep breath, "Like I said, you don't have to talk, just listen," Xiumin begins, "If you still don't want to have nothing to do with me after this....Its fine, because I know I don't desrve to be forgiven," he says.

Luhan nods.

"Yes, I was sick, and thats why I left. I actually never planned on leaving to get treatment. I had planned on living here untill my death. Something in my past had made me hate the world, and not care weather or not I died. Then I met you," Xiumin begins looking into Luhan's eyes, "I began to actually care for someone. My heart even pounded a few times. I was scared, I didn't know what to do anymore. Sehun convinced me to get the treatment-"

"I wasn't enough for you to decide that on your own?" Luhan says

Xiumin sighs, "Its not that! You made me want to live. You really did, but I didn't think I was good enough for you. How could someone like you know someone like me, someone who didn't mind dying. I regret everything, espescially the fact that I wasn't brave enough to tell you the truth. I regret the feeling of ever not caring if I died, I regret not telling you that I was leaving, but I never did once regret meeting you," 

Luhan looks down, "I..I never regreted anthing...untill now" he says softly.

Xiumin's eyes widen, "I..understand," he says sadly.

Luhan looks up to Xiumin, his eyes a little bit brighter, "I regret ever having any hate towards you," he says.

"Really!?" Xiumin begins, "You really don't hate me."

Luhan slightly smiles, "Yes, it was and still is a bit hard for me to accept, but I think I can try," he says softly.

Xiumin smiles, "Lets start over?" he says putting his hand out to shake Luhan's hand.

Luhan nods shaking Xiumin's hand, "Yes, but slowly," 

~

"You think they will be friends after this," Kai says being nosy.

Sehun sighs, "Thats none of our buisness, but I do hope Luhan's okay" he says feeling a bit worried.

Kai nods, "Yeah," 

"Why are you even still here?" Sehun says.

Kai squints his eyes and sighs, "You guys are interesting," he says smirking.

Sehun laughs, "Interesting! You don't even know us, and you have nothing to do with us," he says halfway smiling.

"But, what Ive seen today has been pretty interesting, and what makes you so sure I have nothing to do with you," Kai says. 

"Can't you just-" Sehun begins but stops when the front door of Xiumin's house opens up.

Luhan slowly exits Xiumins house and walks towards Sehun, ignoring the fact that Kai was even standing there. "Lets go," Luhan says.

Sehun nods, then walks Luhan to the car.

Xiumin watches as Luhan and Sehun get into their car, and drive off. He sighs, then starts to turn about to go back into his house, but realizes Kai was standing in his front yard.

"Why are you here" Xiumin says.

"I owe you don't I," Kai says smirking

~

"So how did it go?" Sehun says breaking the silence in the car.

"Fine," Luhan simply says.

"Are you friends?" Sehun asks.

Luhan nods, "Something like that, I guess" he says

Sehun nods, "I guess thats good,"

"But there is something i've been thinking about," Luhan says.

"What is it?" Sehun asks

"Can we...move out here,"  Luhan says feeling a bit excited.

Sehun smiles, guess it went really well, he thinks. "Its not to bad out here, I guess it wouldn't be that bad of an idea. We would have to get knew jobs, or convince our bosses to transver out here," he says.

Luhan nods.

"But are you really ready for that?" Sehun says making sure.

Luhan hesitantly nods, "I'm ready," he says.

"Maybe something new is good for us anyways," Sehun says.

"yeah"

 


A/N: Hey again, finally they meet, exciting. It took me a while to think about how Luhan would react to Xiumin, I honestly still don't know, anyways I hope it turned out okay. I realized that most of this chapter is dialogue, whoops

Sorry for any mistakes.