//Chapter 03//

Healing His Heart

Xiumin tossed and turned all night unable to fall asleep. The thought of connecting with Luhan again, made his heart pound, but also made him a bit scared. The worst that could happen was Luhan would hate him, or never want to see him. Xiumin teard up a bit just thinking about it, but rubbed the tears away trying to stay strong and optimistic about everything. All Xiumin could do was wish for the best.

Slowly the sun began to rise, Xiumin without any sleep. He looked to the clock, then got up. It was still pretty early, but ever since he was hospitalized in America, he realized that he should be living everyday to its fullest. One way is by waking up early. 

Xiumin walked to the kitchen and looked out the small window above the sink. It was bright and sunny with a slight breeze. Xiumin smiles, then walks to the cabinet and gets out a few ingredients for breakfast. Once finished making breakfast, he walked his food to the table, setting it down. Xiumin quickly turns around running into his room grabbing his laptop.

Once everything was set, Xiumin turns on his laptop, while taking a bite from his breakfast. Once the laptop was on, he goes to his emails, then takes the small pice of paper with the email written on it. He types in the email.

Soon enough the food on Xiumins plate was completely gone and an hour had passed, before even touching the keyboard. He was to nervous to write the email, nevertheless he didn't even know how to start.

Xiumin took a deep breath and began to type.

~

Luhan rubbed his eyes a few times, not only cleaning away the few tears that had fallen from his eyes, but the disbelief. 

From: Xiumin

To: Luhan

I write to you now, which is stupid of me. If I could,

no I should of tried harder to find you again, but I didn't.

I'm home now, and looking forward to my future. I was

lucky to find this email, and the one thing I really need

is to see you again. Hey, remember the city event we went

to, haha, it didn't turn out so well. I just herd that this years city 

event is coming up in about a week. It would be nice to see you

there. Bring Sehun.

Luhan quickly shut the laptop and ran to his room. He grabbed the small picture that lay under his pillow and held it close to his chest. A tear fell from his eyes, he quickly rubbed it away.

"What is this, is this real, and why do I keep crying," Luhan says to himself feeling a bit weak from what he just read. Luhan looks at the picture and slightly smiles, "I promised I would hate you if you ever showed up again, but why aren't I feeling anger." He says feeling his heart puound in his chest. 

Suddenly Luhan could hear the front door fly open, and after seconds Sehun is in Luhan's room with the email on his phone. Luhan looks up to Sehun with a tears in his eyes and nods. 

Sehun staggers his way to Luhan's bed and sits down, "so, are you going to go?"

~

As soon as Xiumin sent the email he quickly got up and ran outside. He ran from one side of the street back to the other side, over and over. It was so nerve racking that Xiumin decides to take a quick jog. 

But before leaving for a jog, he runs back inside to get his camera. It was a small camera, nothing compared to the one Luhan had, but it was all Xiumin could afford. Xiumin liked using his phone camera for his blog, while he used this camera, more for when he felt like it. Which was more of a picture taking adventure rather than a nice short jog.

One thing Xiumin had started to look into when he was in America was cameras. I guess Luhan had a big impact on the camera thing. Everyday he could, Xiumin would go out and take pictures, but as time went by, he felt like the pictures would go to waste. He had asked a friend he had made in the hospital, what he could do with the pictures. His friend had talked about blogs, or galleries, and other simple things. That's when Xiumin decided to make a blog.

Xiumin called his blog, 'New Chapter In Life'  He would post a new picture everyday with a caption on it, saying what it was or what he was doing, and so on. 

After a short jog around the block, Which was basically Xiumin taking picture the whole time, he went back into his house. He walked to his room and sat at the edge of his bed. He his camera again, and glanced through the picture he had taken. He smiled, then placed the camera down, when he was finished looking at the pictures.

Xiumin sighed before getting up. He walks to to the bathroom to take a quick shower. After he gets out he walks to his dresser grabbing a black and white stripped shirt, and some black knee length shorts, then changes into them. 

Xiumin glanced into the mirror, checking himself out, fixing his hair at the same time. He nods a few times, before leaving his room.

Today he planned a nice lunch out by himself. By himself, those words echoed inside his head. He was use to it, and didn't really mind spending most of his time by himself, especially since he became prone to it in America. But something about being by himself, being alone, made him feel really lonely this time. Was it because in America it wasn't a choice weather or not he had someone to eat with, or spend afternoons with, or was it because he always imagined when he came home, Luhan would be there.

Xiumin laughed, "was I really expecting it to be that easy," he says before heading for the door.

~

Xiumin walks into a small restaurant and orders his lunch. He looks around for a table to sit at, but notices someone familiar.  Xiumin squints his eyes to get a better look, then it hits him. It's that guy who scammed me of a few bucks, when I got off the train. 

Xiumin nods, then sits down at the table right behind the guy. The guy quietly eats his food, while Xiumin secretly watches him. Why Xiumin was so interested in this guy? He didn't even know.

After another few minutes Xiumin's food is brought out to him. Xiumin smiles, then takes a few bites. Suddenly He feels the need to go to the little boys room. He quickly stands up and goes to the bathroom. 

The guy at the other table smirks as Xiumin leaves. He gets up, then walks to Xiumin's table, and grabs his food placing it into a small bag he had brought with him, leaving nothing but an empty plate. Quickly after, the guy sits back at his table. 

Xiumin walks back out from the bathroom, his eyes widen when he notices his plate is completely empty. I'm pretty sure I didn't finish before I left, Xiumin thinks to himself, scratching his head, confused. He turns to the guy sitting at the table in front of him realizing he must of of took his food. If he was capable of tricking him into giving him money, he was sure capable of stealing his food. 

Xiumin walks over to the guys table and sits down in front of him, "look-"

"I didn't take your food!" The guy says cutting off Xiumin.

Xiumin smirks, "how did you know I was coming over to ask about my food. What if I just came over to introduce myself," he says tapping his chin.

The guy looks surprised at first, then his expression changes, "okay, then introduce yourself," he says catching Xiumin off guard.

Xiumin sighs, "fine, I'm Xiumin," 

The guy smiles, "Well actually I kinda have to go. It was nice meeting you...Xiumin," he says trying his best to remember Xiumin's name, "I'm Kai," the guy says, then gets up quickly running out of the restaurant.

Xiumin doesn't even try to catch the guy, "Kai" Xiumin says nodding his head smirking, "we'll be seeing each other a lot from now on," he says.

Xiumin slowly gets up and walks back up to the front counter and orders again.