//Chapter 04//

Healing His Heart

 


 

Xiumin looks up to the gigantic sign above the ticket box. The huge pinkish words say, '10th anniversary, city event!' Xiumin smiles to himself, he couldn't believe that this year strikes the tenth anniversary of the city event. This was one of the things Xiumin regretted the most, not ever going to any of the events in the past. This was something he could defiantly thank Luhan about, exposing him to something different and fun. Atleast thats what he thought about the event now.

 It seemed a lot more livelier than last year, but thinking about it, there are several reasons for it to be more lively. One, it was the tenth anniversary, and maybe not being on his death bed made it feel all the more livelier. Xiumin laughed a little thinking about his past, and how he wasted so much of his life back then. He didn't really regret everything, but he sure wished he made more of it. 

Thinking about it now, all he was back then was selfish. Only thinking about himslef, not about anyone around him. Xiumin sighs sadly, made him feel less confident about Luhan forgiving him. 

Suddenly the sound of happy music went off, probably the music of something a 5 year old would enjoy. Xiumin chuckled, then began to walk towards the music.

As he walks towards the music, he sees little children prancing around with there parents walking on the side. Children playing tag, running from one game to another. He even saw a few couples holding hands, and enjoying themselves. 

Xiumin finds himself standing in front of a merry go round. The music he had followed was coming from here. He smiles as he sees children on the horses going up and down. Children laughing, and giggling to eachother, smiling and talking, as if they were at the edge of the world. 

Xiumin missed the days when he was a child, how he wished he could go back. 

Xiumin nods agreeing to go on, walking over to the entrance of the merry go round, paying the man at the gate before heading on. He found a seat on a bright gray horse, next to a little girl on a bright blue horse next to him. He took out his cell phone to take a picture. The little girl looks to Xiumin curiously, petting the fake horses mane as if it were real. 

Xiumin notices the little girl, and gestures to her, "would you like to take a picture with me?" He says kindly petting the horses mane also. 

The little girl cutely nods her head, and leans over a little towards Xiumin. Xiumin smiles, then snaps the picture. The little girl leans back happily. 

"You don't mind if I post this on my blog?" Xiumin says just before the merry go round begins to go. 

The little girl shakes her head, "I don't mind," she says smiling.

~

Sehun walks into Luhan's room to wake Luhan up, but he was already awake. Luhan sat up in his bed looking at something on his phone. Sehun walks over to take a look, but before he could see Luhan quickly hid the phone under his blanket.

"What...was that," Sehun says softly sitting down on the edge of the bed.

Luhan sighs, "I don't want to talk about it," he says biting his lip.

"It was the email wasn't it," Sehun says looking to Luhan.

Luhan hides his face with his hands, and slowly nods.

Sehun sighs, running his hand through his hair, "well...are you planning on going?" He says.

~

Xiumin walks off the merry go round, turning to wave goodbye to the little girl, before leaving. Xiumin turns away smiling to himself. To be honest Xiumin hasn't interacted with people very often in a very long time. He liked the feeling of meeting new people now. 

Xiumin tilts his head to the side, "that reminds me, the only person I've really interacted with so far is that one guy, Kai," he says sighing. 

Xiumin walks over to the picnic tables and sits down at one of them. He browses the internet on his phone for a while, when suddenly he sees someone very familiar. His eyes widen, but then he smirks.

Xiumin gets up from the picnic table, then walks over to the familiar person, "I got you now," he says grabbing the persons ear and dragging him away from where he was standing. 

"Ow! Ouch! Will you let go!" The person says trying to get away from Xiumin. 

Xiumin stops and pushes the guy away, causing the guy to almost fall down. "Kai! I think its time for you to learn your lession," he says cracking his knuckles. 

Kai finally realizing who he was freaks out and tries to get away, but fails when Xiumin grabs him by the arm, flinging him back. 

"What...what do you want from me! I..I'll do anything," Kai says rubbing his hands together. 

Xiumin rubs his chin, "anything?" He says

Kai nods hesitantly thinking he might regret what he just said, "anything," Kai repeats.

Xiumin nods, "firstly, do you remember who I am?" He says.

Kai squints his eyes, "Xiu..Xiumin," he says barely remembering.

Xiumin nods, "okay follow me," Xiumin says gesturing Kai over to the picnic tables. 

Kai nods, then follows. 

They both sit down, "buy me lunch," Xiumin says looking Kai strait in the eyes.

"Why!" Kai yells.

"You owe me, right?" Xiumin says.

~

Sehun taps his finger on the trigger of the toy gun in his hands a few times before actually shooting it, then gets distracted when he notices how down Luhan looks. He imediantly puts down the gun and walks over to Luhan.

Luhan looks to Sehun lazily, then slightly smiles. In all honesty, Luhan really didn't want to be here. He felt to weak about the whole situation, and Sehun knew. If Luhan were to see Xiumin, who knows what would happen. It was decided, Sehun had to find Xiumin first before Luhan.

Sehun takes a breath, "stay here, and don't move. I'll be right back," he says with his hand on Luhan's shoulder. 

Luhan nods, "okay," he says quietly. 

Sehun nods back, then quickly leaves to go look for Xiumin.

~

"I owe you!" Kai begins laughing, "oh come on!  I was really hungry that day and I had no other money," he says.

"But that doesn't give you the right to steal other peoples food!" Xiumin says a bit angrily. "I had to use my birthday money on that food," he says.

Kai laughs, "Birthday money! From who?"

Xiumin glares, "my doc...wait that isn't any of your buisness!" He says realizing he's trusting Kai to easily. 

"Yeah but-" Kai says getting cut off

"Wait," Xiumin says, eyes widen, shooing Kai's hands away.

Kai squints his eyes confused looking where Xiumin had been looking.

Suddenly Xiumin jumps out of his seat, "stay here," he quickly says before he was completely gone. 

~

It defiantly was Xiumin. He was walking right over to Sehun.

Sehun takes a deep breath as he was looking face to face with Xiumin.

"Its...it's really you, Xiumin," Sehun says softly under his breath.

"Where's Luhan," Xiumin says getting strait to the point to why he really came here today.

Sehun runs his hand through his hair feeling a bit stressed, "he's..." Sehun begins taking a deep breath. "He's not here," he says feeling a bit relived.

"Liar" Xiumin says fiercely.

"No, it's just-" Sehun starts

Xiumin shakes his head, "I know he's here! I don't understand why you can't just tell me...where he is!" He says feeling frustrated. 

"I don't think he can handle this right now," Sehun says.

"If your not going to tell me, then I'll look myself," Xiumin says beginning to leave. 

"Xiumin..." Sehun starts

Xiumin stops in his tracks, and slightly turns his body, "just please....," he begins, then points to where Kai is still sitting, "watch him for me," he says then turns away leaving.

~

Sehun turns to Kai feeling a bit flustered with the whole situation. He walks over to the table and sits down abruptly in front of Kai. 

"Who are you?" Kai says confused

Sehun looks up to Kai surprised, "oh, yeah. He wanted me to watch you?"

~

Xiumin looks everywhere for Luhan, but can't seem to find him. Maybe he really didn't come, Xiumin thinks to himself feeling disappointed. 

Xiumin shakes his head, "but I need to see him," he says softly. 

Suddenly a light breeze passes by causing the hair on Xiumin's head to fly around a little bit. Xiumin looks to the ground and turns around to go back, but he stops when he sees to feet standing in front of him. 

Xiumin's eyes widen as he looks up to the person standing in front of him, "Luhan"

 

 


A/N: to be honest I'm not really happy with this chapter. I wrote the first half of this chapter at 2 in the morning a few days ago, any now I finish this chapter at 2 in the morning. Lol if this chapter comes out choppy or with any other mistakes, I blame my tiredness 

anyways I really want to thank every single one of my readers for your support and I apologies from sow updates -_-