Episode 7

가지마, 애인 (Don't Go, Love)

It's been weeks since Woobin wasn't present at school. It's also been weeks since Jongsuk became so cold and serious. He's not the person he was before, the playful, active, and cheerful one. Everything turned upside down ever since that day. The only person he has right now was Jonghyun. Because of Jonghyun's kindness to him, he got used to the guy following him around and doing everything he wants. He came to trust this guy and he knew he can tell him things.

It was a Saturday afternoon, Jongsuk was sitting on the lounge alone, listening to his music. Jonghyun bought frappuccinos for both of them, so he carefully went back up to the lobby so he wouldn't spill the frappuccinos. He was happy to give the frappuccino to Jongsuk but then he saw a group of guys standing in front of Jongsuk. He stopped, but he tried to step forward. Hyungsik held his shoulder to stop him. "Don't even." Jonghyun looked at Hyungsik with worried eyes. 

Jongsuk removed his headphones, stood up and looked at the gang's leader in the eyes. He smirked at him, then walked away as badass as he can. But then an arm stopped him and turned him around to face the gang. "Now what?" Jongsuk asked. "The money, kid." The guy in the middle said, assuming he's the leader. "I don't have it yet. Ask me some other time." Jongsuk tried to walk away but again he was stopped.

"No, kid. Time's up. Money or die." Jongsuk smirked again. "Well what can I do? I don't have what you want." The guy Jongsuk was talking to turned his head and looked at his crew. Some of them grabbed Jongsuk's arms which made the audience gasp. Jonghyun can't take no more and dropped the frappuccinos. Before Hyungsik could stop him, he was already in front of the gang leader. 

"Stop this now." Jonghyun pleaded the guy. "Jonghyun, step away and do not get in this." Jongsuk demanded. "You heard him. Now go." The gang leader signaled his crew to go out of the building. They left the whole crowd of kids watching and Jonghyun, who's staring worrilly at the closing door. 

 

They took Jongsuk to the abandoned place just behind the old building, where no one could hear Jongsuk's cries even if he screams at the top of his lungs. They let go of Jongsuk and pushed him to the ground. "You are so dying kid." Jongsuk let out a small laugh. He removed his headphones and his phone from his body and set them aside. He stood up, ready to fight. "You're actually going to fight back even if you know you have no chance?" Jongsuk smirked. "I have no choice."

 

"Jonghyun? Jonghyun!" Hyungsik kept on shaking Jonghyun. "Hey, hey. It's okay. Let's go now." Jonghyun looked at Hyungsik. "No. I'm going to help Jongsuk. I'm saving him." And before Hyungsik could stop Jonghyun, he already went outside. "Aish!" Hyungsik called for his sporty friends and asked them to help Jonghyun. 

They saw Jonghyun go through the opened gates leading to the abandonded section of the whole campus. Hyungsik quickly ran pass those gates and saw Jongsuk on the ground, being kicked by more than three men. Hyungsik looked to the side, and saw two guys kicking Jonghyun hard. "Hey! Nobody. Hurts. My. Bestfriend!!" Hyungsik grabbed one guy kicking Jonghyun and punched him hard in the face. After that, everybody ended up fighting. But because the gang was outnumbered, the fled and gave up. Hyungsik then thanked his buff friends and sent them off. He went to Jonghyun who looked scared, covering his face while on the ground. "Hey. It's over." Jonghyun slowly uncovered his face and stood up. "It's all over now. Let's go." Hyungsik tried to pull Jonghyun's arm, but he didn't move. "Jonghyun, what-" Jonghyun released his hand from Hyungsik's hand and walked towards the guy on the floor, facing the ground, yelping in pain. Jonghyun kneeled beside him and tried to see his face. "Jongsuk? Jongsuk.. it's okay. It's over." Jongsuk slowly looked up, and saw Jonghyun. Injured. "Let's go back now."

"I told you not to get into this. Look at you." Jongsuk said. "But it's over. So come on." Jonghyun stood up and offered a hand with a smile on his face, after all the pain he's been through, he still smiled. Jongsuk didn't take the helping hand and stood up by himself. Although his body is screaming how hurt it is he still stood up like nothing happened. He tried to walk, but he was limping. He almost fell but Jonghyun caught him. "I don't need help." Jongsuk broke free of Jonghyun's hold. Jonghyun looked hurt as Jongsuk tried to walk all by himself, and Hyungsik saw it. He faced Jongsuk and punched him in the face. "Hyungsik! What the hell?" Jonghyun helped Jongsuk up. "Listen, boy." Jongsuk looked at Hyungsik. "I don't know why you're being the rude crap you are being right now, but it's not right. Just because Woobin left doesn't mean that you have to be like him. Jonghyun's being the nicest friend ever to you, and you don't even appreciate it? Well you're crap. I would do everything just to erase you from Jonghyun's life, because he doesn't need any more pain in him." Hyungsik pulled Jonghyun's arm tightly and he's planning to never let go. "Let's go, Jonghyun. You don't need him." Jonghyun slowly got pulled away from Jongsuk. "But-" Hyungsik pulled Jonghyun one more time. "No buts." Jonghyun looked at Jongsuk, who has his head down.

And for the dramatic effect, it started to rain.

 

xx

 

"Woobin, when are you going back to school? It's been weeks, a month, actually, don't you miss the campus?" Mr. Kim asked his son, who's lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. "Maybe, maybe not." Woobin answered, thinking about it. "Well I'm just worrying about the people you left there, they're probably missing you right now. Especially that kid who always looks out for you.. I wonder how he is. Well, I'm going back to my office now." As Mr. Kim left Woobin thought about that 'friend' he has, or had. He went to his desktop and stared on the monitor. There's nothing really on it, but he stared at it like it has the most beautiful picture of all.

"Woobin?" Mrs. Park asked as she knocked on his door. Mrs. Park is their housemaid ever since Woobin was a baby. "I found this under your parent's bed, thought I'd show it to you." Woobin recieved the box from Mrs. Park and opened it. "I remember the days when you and your friends come over to play. I missed serving you your snacks. I wish I could do that again. Oh well, I have to get back to work." Woobin thanked and smiled at her. 

Woobin looked at the photos inside the box. He saw himself playing with his friends that he can't remember. He looked at the photos and he smiled. It's been a while since he smiled. Those past weeks since he left are just rainy days for him. He doesn't know why, but he feels like having friends made him happy. And all he wants to be is happy. He wanted to try this, maybe he could be happy. He laughed at the last photo of him. "Look at me. Both so cute and ugly at the same time. How is this me?"

 

"Appa!" Woobin shouted. Mr. Kim turned around and saw his son rushing downstairs, dressed up and has his backpack. "Where are you going?" Woobin hugged his father and went to the door to put on his shoes. "I'm going back to school." Mr. Kim looked at the time, and it was already 7 PM. "But its late, son. You can just-" Woobin opened the door and smiled at his father. "Bye dad. I'll call you when I get there." Mr. Kim doesn't know why Woobin suddenly decided to go back, but seeing his son smile again is something he's sure that he always want to see.

 

xx

 

"Hello appa? I'm here now. Yep. Yes. Yes. I wil. Love you too. Bye." Woobin smiled as he hung up. He ever knew he'd miss this place that much. He was excited to go back on his dorm so he hurried on his way. 

When he reached the door to their room, he expected a guy inside, probably waiting for him. He may not know the guy's name, but for sure he's remembered. So when he opened the door, he shouted 'I'M BACK!!', but no one was there. He placed his bag down on his bed with disappointment and closed the door. He saw the window open, so he peeked through it. He thought his roommate could've jumped down, but he saw no  body down there. When he closed the window, someone came in. 

"Hey." Woobin greeted with a smile. Jongsuk was shocked. He ever knew this guy would come back, but he knew he was mad. He was mad for leaving. He isn't supposed to be mad, but he is. He can't help to be mad. So he just smiled back and left the room. "What's wrong with that guy? Didn't even greet me. What happened back then that he was that cold to me?" Woobin tried to remember what happened the day he left, but he can't. He then disregarded the thought and had his rest.

 

"Jongsuk? What are you doing there?" Krystal asked, seeing Jongsuk sitting on the hallway. "Is there a spider or something on your room?" Jongsuk shook his head. Krystal sat beside him on the floor. "Then what?" Jongsuk looked at Krystal. "He's back." Krystal made a 'who?' face, but then she realized who it was. "So? I covered your bruises well right? Did the make-up wipe off?" Krystal checked Jongsuk's face. "No, Krys. It's not about the make-up." Krystal smiled. "I knew that. I was just trying to cheer you up. Go back inside before any personnel sees you. Okay? I'm sleepy. So, goodnight." Jongsuk smiled at Krystal as they stood up. "Good night Krys."

He went back inside slowly, to see if Woobin's asleep or not. Lucky him, Woobin's asleep. He showered then he went to sleep. He's still mad about what Woobin did, but he's relieved this guy's doing well.

 

 

xoxo

 

i simply cannot wait until the next ones. Uggghhh

I wonder why Jongsuk asked the gang for money tho >,> hmmm

Again, I'm sorry if there are any typos, I just can't bare to read all through out the page again and again. 

Love you guys. <3