Am I too hard?

Baby Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : 2.7k of words for this update

Woohyun stares at his phone for about 2 minutes already but yet he doesn’t even tear his eyes off his phone. The message he just received from Dongwoo forces his brain to stop working for a while. It feels like he just accepts a hard blow on his face. Who knew a message will just it takes for Woohyun to quaver?

“Don’t be so hard on Sunggyu hyung. You still loves him, right? You don’t want him to give up and leave you for good this time.”

He couldn’t put his mind to work properly right now. The thought of Sunggyu leaving him scared the hell out of him. Sunggyu wouldn’t leave him alone, right? No matter how much he push the elder, Sunggyu will stay with him forever right? But what if Sunggyu get sick of him?

“Hyun, are you going to the office today?” Sunggyu asks, approaching Woohyun, who’s having his breakfast.

“Of course, like usual.” Woohyun shortly replies before continuing his breakfast. He misses the disappointment Sunggyu’s face has.

Sunggyu has to ask the question because for him, Woohyun shouldn’t go to the office because of that. He silently sits across Woohyun, obediently eating the half-burn toast which he really needs to fix on that. This will be their morning every day, in silence and total awkwardness. Sunggyu isn’t a morning person, so he doesn’t talk too much while Woohyun will do anything to decrease their conversation. They would talk better in dinner only because Sunggyu will dig on any topics for them to talk, mostly about Sunwoo. Only that little angel connects both of them together.

The dark haired guy notices Sunggyu’s phone just beside his plate and gulps before asking, though he knows the answer for it.

“Did you break your phone?”

“Ah, yeah, it fall when I was cleaning up yesterday.”

What a bad liar. Woohyun almost scoffs but he doesn’t. He knows that message still bothers Sunggyu’s thanks to his expression, well he’s pretty well bothered by it too. Somehow he needs to talk about it to Sunggyu, he needs to know the truth about Sunggyu.

---

Woohyun curses slightly as he rushes towards the door, trying to open the door as soon as possible so that Sunwoo won’t be awake thanks to the person who is impatiently pushing his door bell. Sunggyu’s upstairs, showering he guesses and he just finishes with breakfast.

He’s apparently late for work today, but he doesn’t mind really, he needs to make sure Sunggyu showers first before he can leave because he won’t have the chance once Sunwoo wakes up. Oh yeah, that little pumpkin can be an attention-seeker for sure. He would cry if no one is beside him.

 “M-mom?” Woohyun’s eyes widened once he opens the door. Maybe he should check who’s coming before opening the door, now he regrets everything.

“My pumpkin!” His mother didn’t waste any second and grabs her only son in a tight hug. “Mom miss you so much, you big baby pumpkin. How can you not contact me in months?”

“Mom.” Woohyun whines because she’s treating him like a kid like usual. “I’m not your baby pumpkin anymore and I did call you, last night if you don’t remember.”

“You will always be my cute little bunny pumpkin.” Mrs Nam pinches Woohyun’s cheeks so hard that he almost shrieks out of pain.

Woohyun pouts slightly, rubbing his cheeks mumbling how his mother could torture his innocent cheeks so much. “Why are you here anyway, mom?”

Before his mother could open to answer, a voice is heard and Woohyun almost feels like his heart drop.

“Hyun, you forgot your…” Sunggyu’s voice trails off once he notices Woohyun’s not alone. “…tie?” Sunggyu awkwardly finishes his sentences.

“Oh, you have a friend over, pumpkin?” Mrs Nam askes and by the way she talks Sunggyu can recognize she’s Woohyun’s mother plus they look quite similar.

“Ah, yeah, he’s helping me to look after Sunwoo since Dongwoo’s still in vacation which I really don’t know when it will end.” Woohyun explains before Sunggyu could say some comments about it.

“That’s nice! I really thought it will hard for you on your on pumpkin, but knowing there’s someone here to help you, I can sleep better at night.” His mother’s really glad about that. She lives quite far from Woohyun and still needs to take care of Woohyun’s father. “Thank you so much for helping my pumpkin. I told him to live with us but being a stubborn pumpkin he is, he won’t listen to me.” She hugs Sunggyu so tight that Sunggyu couldn’t react or make any expression.

“Mom, you’re crushing him with your super hug and I’m not your pumpkin for the nth time.” Woohyun slowly pries his mother off Sunggyu and Sunggyu just sends a smile as a silent thank you.

“Now now, you’re overreacting pumpkin, I won’t kill- oh! I still don’t know your name, sweetheart.” Mrs Nam curiously looks at Sunggyu, completely asking for an answer.

“I’m Sung—“

“Sungwoon!” Woohyun panicky answers. “His name is Sungwoon.” He awkwardly laughs with Sunggyu just staring at him weirdly until he gives Sunggyu some signals to agree on his point.

“Ah, yes yes, I’m Kim Sungwoon, nice to meet you, Mrs Nam.”

“Nice to meet you too, Sungwoon. And no need to call me like that, it makes me feel so old, just call me ‘mom’ like Woohyun, all his friends call me that.” Sunggyu just nods, though he keeps in his mind to question Woohyun why the hell he needs to keep his name a secret now.

Woohyun snorts at the statement “How can calling you ‘mom’ will makes you younger?”

“Well because you’re still my little pumpkin.”

Woohyun knows he will never win against his mom, not even for once. “Okay, you win, I’m your big pumpkin, now care to tell me why you’re here?”

He earlier drags his mother to sit at the living room, which Sunggyu shyly sits on the couch opposite to them and he will do anything to go out from the situation right now.

“Oh my, you don’t remember what day is today, pumpkin?”

“What day?” Woohyun really doesn’t know and he dislikes any riddles if this keeps on.

“Sunwoo is finally 4th month today and you don’t know?”

Woohyun shrugs. “I don’t count the days honestly because I know you’re an expert on it, mom.” He grins like an idiot. “So, what’s so special about it?”

“Oh my god, I can’t believe this. Did I change my baby after birth?”

“Mom! You’re being mean to me.” Woohyun pouts and Sunggyu just has to chuckle over the family’s childishness.

“It means Sunwoo can finally goes out of the house, Woohyun.” Sunggyu decides to explain because the two of them keeps on bickering like 5 year old would.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter