Chapter 2

Love and Dream

It’s been a month since Galaxy won the American League and Taeng has been three weeks in Korea for his national team training. Since Galaxy won the American League, media kept mentioning Taeng and it made him a well-known athlete in Korea. He didn’t really care about that, because he was focusing on the national team. Taeng did well in the national team selection and he made it into the squad. He was contented at the moment.

While in Korea, Taeng spent most of his time training for the national team. Occasionally, he searched the internet to find out news about football or news about him. Since he brought the victory to Galaxy, his name has been linked with the upcoming transfer window. Many European major clubs had spoken about him and his talent. However, there were no clubs who seriously offered Taeng a contract because the transferred window will be opened only after the World Cup.

Taeng didn’t really want to think about his future, yet he couldn’t deny that he was happy when the Reds, his childhood favorite club, had spoken about him. He threw away his fantasy about that. At the moment, what really mattered for him is to serve his country. He decided to deal with it after the World Cup.

That night, after having routine exercise, Taeng took a break and opened his laptop. Then he searched news about football. It hit him to open a new tab and type “Girls’ Generation” in a search engine. Still, he made up his mind not to think about it. Before he came to Korea, he promised himself to hold his desire as a fanboy during the training. He knew exactly if he let out his fanboy desire, he would not have enough time to rest since the first month of training was all about physical training.

Taeng took a deep breath. It was the longest hiatus as fanboy and it was no doubt that he missed Girls’ Generation. Being a huge fan of Girls’ Generation since they debuted, he had been through a lot of memories. No one really knew about that because most of football fans didn’t really know the meaning behind the bracelet he always wears. Taeng managed his time as fanboy and training very well. In his leisure time, just like any other SONE, he spent his time searching the latest news about Girls’ Generation or watched their video. Not only that, but also when long break arrived, he flew to Korea just to watch their live concert. Being in a concert venue was his favorite beside in a football field. The difference is when he was in football field, everyone watched, judged and criticized him and he also fought to become everyone’s pride. Meanwhile, in a concert venue he became the happiest man alive while watching his favorite idol. He lived both of them with his passion.

Taeng turned off his laptop and laid his body on a bed. He took a quick glance at the wall clock and it was 10pm. Joongki was in the set of his drama, being a celebrity must be hard, he thought. His mind suddenly remembered the past. Joongki was hanging out at the mall when he met an agent. Then he trained in that company and debuted as an actor in a drama and has been well known actor in Korea ever since. He even held fan meetings across Asia. Taeng almost fell into a deep sleep when his phone was vibrating and waking him up.

            “Taeng! I almost forgot. Do you know that Girls’ Generation will have a comeback in the near future? I got the news from one of SM staffs.”

Taeng’s eye was wide open when he read the text. He replied it in a flash.

            “I have no idea! I’m hiatus for the last three weeks.”

            “Aww Taeng! Are you done with Girls’ Generation?”

            “Yah! No I’m not! I’m just focusing myself on physical training. If I did good, Girls' Generation will be proud of me.”

           “Aww… so sweet! By the way, don’t forget to watch Strong Heart next week. I hope you won’t be on hiatus anymore. I gotta go! Bye!”

            “Huh? What’s with Strong Heart all of a sudden?”

He then waited joongki to reply his text until he fell asleep.

***

The next morning, he was reading news about football in his laptop when suddenly his phone rang. He took a quick glance at the phone screen and took the call with a bright smile.

            “Yeoboseyo!

            “Yeoboseyo! Hi, national team player!” Taeng’s smile widened when he heard joongki’s voice.

            “Joongki-ah!” He greeted excitedly. “So, how is it being a celebrity?”

           “Hahaha. just trying to avoid a scandal. How is national team doing? How about a cup of coffee? How long is it since the last time I saw you, taeng?

            “Yah! You sound like a spoiled housewife! Hahaha, I’m afraid I can’t go anywhere. I have to focus on my physical training.”

            “Ugh… that’s fine. Make sure when you can go out, give me a call. And Taeng, I gotta go. I’m on the set now.”

            “Alright alright Mr. Actor! Hahaha.”

            “Yah!!! I gotta go now, Annyeong!

            “Ne! Annyeong!”

***

Girls’ Generation’s Dorm

Unnie! Wake up! We have to go!” Seohyun, the maknae, woke the leader up who has been sleeping since they arrived at their dorm from Beijing last night.

“Five more hours, Seobaby!”

“Yah! Sica! People normally would say that they will be awake in five minute. What are you?” Sunny came to wake Jessica up.

“I’m Ice Princess. Now let me have some good sleep!”

Unnie, we will be late.”

“Fine, Hyun! I’m wide awake. Now, leave me alone! I’ll be ready in a minute.”

“What a princess! Bye Sica!” Sunny and Seohyun left the room and gave Jessica time to prepare.

***

Jessica, Sunny, Seohyun and Tiffany sat on their spots in Strong Heart. Meanwhile, Yoona couldn’t make it because of her upcoming drama scehdule, The Prime Minister and I. The theme of Strong Heart was “Pride of Korea: Countdown to World Cup 2014”. Strong Hart not only invited Girls’ Generation, but also Song Joongki, Park Jisung and some rookie idols. The light was on which meant the show has started.  Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany and Seohyun smiled at the camera.

            “Welcome back to Strong Heart! I’m Kang Hodong.” “and I’m Lee Seungi.” Kang

            Hodong and Lee Seunggi opened the show.

            “This week special episode, we have invited our nation’s pride, from idols to athletes.

            Let’s give a warm welcome to Park Jisung!” Lee Seunggi presented Park Jisung.

            “Annyeong haseyo! I’m Park Jisung the footballer.”

            “Hello, Park Jisung-shi! It’s an honor to have you on our show. We would like to thank

            you for coming here in your busy schedule preparing for the upcoming World Cup.

            Could you tell us about national team’s preparation?” Kang Hodong asked.

            “Thank you for having me here. To answer that question, our national team is currently

focusing on physical training. Wish us luck and hopefully we can do our best.” Jisung answered.

“Of course! We will be rooting for our national team in the World Cup 2014. South Korea national team, fighting!” Seunggi said.

“Thank you!”

“Speak of Korean pride, here comes Korea’s rising star actor who not only shines in Korea, but also in Asia. Welcome, Song Joongki!” Kang Hodong greeted Joongki.

“Hello, I’m Song Joongki, the actor. Thank you for inviting me here.”

“Of Course, thank you for coming here. Could you tell us about your schedule lately?” Hodong asked.

“Well, I’m preparing for my new drama. Please anticipate it, and that’s all I can say for now.”

“Ok, right here we also have our nation’s pride who just won an International video award and beat Hollywood artists out such as Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Miley Cyrus. Let’s give a warm welcome to Girls’ Generation!”

“Hello, we are Girls’ Generation!”

“Our studio seems brighter than usual, doesn’t it, Seunggi-shi?” Hodong asked Seunggi which made him blush.

“Well of course! Girls’ Generation has lightened up our studio! Could you tell us about YTMA and your latest activities?” Seunggi said.

“We are thankful to our SONE around the world. We can’t achieve this without their supports and love. We can’t even be a nominee if it wasn’t because of SONE.” Sunny answered enthusiastically.

“We are currently preparing a mini album in early 2014.” Tiffany added.

“OMO! Girls’ Generation will be back soon! This is great news! Could you tell us more about the album?”

“The album will be produced by The Underdogs, American producer, who had worked with the A-list star such as Justin Timberlake and Beyonce.” The leader answered.

“Wow! Hopefully, the album will be a big hit! Let’s wait for the release!” Seunggi said.

“OK, we’ve met our guests today. Should we start?”

“Alright, let’s start with Tiffany’s board which says “Thank you for the YTMA, SONE! <3.”  Wow!! We know that Girls’ Generation has a lot of fans around the world, but could you tell us what does the board mean, Tiffany-shi?” Hodong asked. Tiffany gave her killer eye smile.

“Yes, I and our member would like to thank our fans who always support us. Recently, we received an award in YTMA because of them.”

“Could you tell us in detail?”

“Sure! This year, YouTube held YouTube Music Awards for the very first time. It’s such an honor for us to be nominated for Video of the Year along with the big star such as Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, One Direction, Miley Cyrus and of course PSY. Since we knew we were in the nominee list, we couldn’t stop talking about it. We were excited about it.”

“You got the award. How is it?” Seunggi asked.

“Before we made into the nominee list, we always adore the musicians who made into the nominee list. So winning the award is something unbelievable for us. We know we couldn’t be like this without SONE. We can’t stop saying this that we are lucky to have SONE. Even if we didn’t win anything, as long as we have SONE. We are happy.”

“Awww. What a beautiful words. SONE! You must be touched hearing this. Oh! Girls’ Generation even have teary eyes now!” Hodong stated and Girls’ Generation tried hard to hold their tears.

“We are so lucky to have SONE.” The leader added.

“This is a deep relationship between idols and the fans.” Hodong said which followed by nodding audiences and some of audiences wiped their tears.

“Tiffany-shi. I’m curious about something. Did you talk with other artists when attending YTMA?”

“Well of course, I wouldn’t miss the chance. They were really friendly and they said something to me ‘I heard your fans crashed the poll!’”

“Wow, really? Did it mean that you would win the award?”

“Yeah, maybe! Once again I would like to thank our SONE!”

“We also want us to be closer with our SONE.” Jessica added. “Therefore, we are actively interacting with our fans through SNS.”

“Oh, Joongki-shi! Is there anything you want to say? I saw you mumbling earlier.” Seunggi asked.

“Hahahahha.” Joongki laughed. “Yes, I would like to say something about loyal fans of Girls’ Generation and I know one of them.”

Jinjja?” Girls’ Generation and hosts were shocked.

“Yes, I believe many of you will know him if I said his name.”

“Interesting! Is ‘he’ a celebrity? Is ‘he’ Lee Seunggi?” Hodong joked which made everyone laughed hard.

“Hahahaha, it’s not him.” Joongki answered. “He’s an athlete. Kim Taeng, our national team player.” Everyone were shocked and Park Jisung just laughed at the situation.

“Hahahaha, you should believe it! He even wears a pink bracelet with ‘SoNyuShiDae’ written on it.” Jisung explained.

“Oh? Jinjja?

“It’s true!” Joongki confirmed.

“He even has some kissing bracelet ritual when he scores a goal and he has done that for a long time. He is a SONE, die hard SONE.”

“Wow, it’s unbelievable!”

“Girls’ Generation! Since we all knew that one of our national team players is your biggest fan. Well of course I bet every our national team players are your fan, but maybe they’re not as die hard as Kim Taeng-shi. Could you send him a video message? I bet Kim Taeng will watch this.” Hodong asked.

“Alright, to all of our national team players, Park Jisung-shi and Kim Taeng-shi.” Jessica smiled at the camera. “We, Girls’ Generation, Strong Heart and people of South Korea will always support and pray for you in the World Cup 2014. Our national team, Fighting!” Jessica said.

 

***

SONE SOURCE

It is confirmed! Kim Taeng is a SONE!

Girls’ Generation, Song Joongki and Park Jisung are guests on Strong Heart this week. On this episode, Girls’ Generation thanked us, SONE, for YTMA-video of the year award. While talking about SONE, Song Joongki shockingly commented that his friend is a SONE too. His friend is the same person who shocked SONE fandom a month ago after spotted wearing “Shi Dae” pink bracelet. It was confirmed by Song Joongki and Park Jisung that it was true. He is Kim Taeng, our national team player. Song Joongki added that he is die hard SONE. On the show, Girls’ Generation cheered for Kim Taeng and our national team in the upcoming World Cup. Kim Taeng and South Korea national team, Fighting!

Comments:

[+2211, -3] Kim Taeng is one of us! Fighting for World Cup 2014! Make us, Girls’ Generation and Korea proud!

[+1432, -15] As expected, Girls’ Generation make everyone feel their heat including famous athlete. Should we make Kim Taeng as our President.

[+1872, -19] Welcome to the club!

 

****************************

New fic: Scandal