Chapter 4

Love and Dream

2014 World Cup final finals draw had announced. South Korea were in group A along with leading groups Sweden, France and Uruguay. The media predicted that Uruguay would be the group champion followed by France. They predicted that South Korea wouldn’t even get through the phase and would be eliminated along with Sweden. The people of South Korea sent their pray and support to the national team squad and they wished the squad would win in The World Cup 2014.

On the other hand, Girls’ Generation were busy with the filming of their upcoming music video, Mr. Mr. The music video and the album should be released earlier, however the file was damaged and the staff didn’t have the copy of the video. Girls’ Generation had to reshoot the video for three days and they had to finish it as soon as possible.

“Somebody tell me why the file is damaged?” Sunny complained for the thousandth time.

“I have no idea, Unnie.” Yoona took a deep breath. She was tired after working non-stop for the music video. They shot the music video from the morning and they finished it at 8pm.

“Hyun-ah! Why do we have to do this?”

“I’m sorry Unnie, I told you I have no idea.”

“Seo! How would you be a president if you didn’t know about this?!”

Unnie!”

“Drop it, Sunny!” Tiffany just changed her outfit. “Go ask Jess! She probably knows about something.”

“Sica, do you know…” Sunny stopped when she saw Jessica slept with wide open. “What the! Let’s see!”

Unnie! What are you going to do?” Yoona asked curiously after watching Sunny who approached Jessica while laughing.

“Ah Yoong! Can I ask your snack and film what I’m going to do?”

“Hahaha, Okay Unnie!”

“Ssshhtt hahahaha.” Tiffany and Yoona laughed and approached Sunny and Jessica, meanwhile Seohyun just shook her head watching her unnies.

Yoona took a camera and shot Sunny who was putting a chip into Jessica’s mouth. Therefore, Jessica woke up and she was confused and laughed after seeing the members around her and holding a camera. They laughed hard until their manager came and they headed back to their dorm to get some rest because they had to reshoot the next day.

The routine lasted until the music video was edited and released. The music video hit about four million views on the first day. That was an accomplishment considering YouTube’s new view count system. Girls’ Generation hit the number of view in a day that usually can be achieved by other artists in a week.

After the album was released, Girls’ Generation killed all charts included physical album chart and digital charts. They were number one not only in Korea but also in Asia and they were top ten in US chart. As expected, their record sale was in boy group level and left other girl groups behind.

Jessica and the girls felt really grateful for what they had. They were exhausted because of their busy comeback schedule, but they were happy to do. They also would have a fansign event and it made them happy because they could greet SONE in the event.

***

SONEs had filled the venue since the morning. That day Girls’ Generation were scheduled to attend fansign event in a shopping center in Seoul.

“Yah! What are you looking at? Your face is horrible!” a SONE who wore pink t-shirt with Tiffany written on it said to his friend.

“Look at that!” His friend who wore #418 hat pointed at someone who wore a jacket, hat and he covered his face with a masker.

“Oh Gosh! Is that a terrorist?” his friend panicked.

“I don’t know! He is suspicious! Should we report it to SM Staff?”

“Hey guys! Are you talking about that guy too?” a SONE with Yoona attributes joined the conversation. “I was watching at him too. Do you think that he is familiar? He probably a celebrity.”

“Geez! Really?”

The three SONEs investigated the suspicious man, then one of them notice who he is. “God! Is he Kim Taeng?”

“What?!”

“Look at it carefully! The eyes are similar!”

“Oh God! You are right! He looks exactly like Kim Taeng!”

“Kim Taeng?! Where is he?!”

Those group of SONEs talked about it and pointed at the suspicious man. The suspect looked back at them and nodded and it made them hysterics. Then the suspicious man approached them and put his index finger in his lip giving a sign to keep it down. The group of SONEs got it and hid their excitement.

“Hello!” The suspicious man greeted them. It was quite but loud enough so the others could hear it. They gave him a space to join them.

“Are you Kim Taeng?” one of them asked.

“I thought I hid myself well. Hahahaha.” Taeng answered with a small laugh and it made them excited.

“What are you doing here? You are supposed to fly to Brazil, aren’t you?”

“Yes, but I am allowed to be here. My coach knew that I wanted to be here before leaving to Brazil, but I’m not allowed to create a riot here. I thought I wouldn’t attract people if they knew but I have to obey them to cover my face even though it’s weird. Hahahaha.”

“I can’t believe that I can meet you here! Can I have you signature?”

“We hope that you and the squad would do your best in Brazil. Just ignore the media! Believe in yourselves!”

“Are you going to show the bracelet in the World Cup?”

“Yah guys! One by one please! Hahaha. First of all, I’m not a celebrity. I’m just like you guys. But if you really want to, I can give you my signature. Second, thank you for your support. We’ll do our best. Don’t forget to cheer for us. And third, Sure! Wait for my action!”

“Kim Taeng-shi! Thank you for Be Alright. Do you know that the song is a hit among SONes?”

“Do you have a SNS?”

“I know it because I read the forum and I don’t have a SNS. I will create one though. Maybe tonight.”

“Oh really! I will definitely follow yours!”

“Thank you SONE!”

“Kim Taeng-shi! Why don’t you ask their signatures directly? Why are you queueing up like this? Don’t you know them in person?”

“The only connection I have with Girls’ Generation is internet connection and it’s not even strong.”

“Hahaha. That’s the best quote I’ve ever heard!”

Kim Taeng chatted with them for a moment until his presence was noticed by other Sones. Luckily, right before other SONEs tried to approach him, Girls’ Generation entered the venue. The fansign started from the front row, some of them got the signature and they had a conversation with the girls. Some SONEs who were still in the line started to shout “Kim Taeng! Kim Taeng!” and it was followed by others.

Jessica was talking with a fan when she suddenly heard someone shouted “Kim Taeng”. After the fan left, she looked at Sunny who was watching the crowd.

“What’s going on?” Jessica whispered.

“Manager oppa said that SONE saw Kim Taeng here.”

“No way! He is busy practicing for the world cup, isn’t he?” Tiffany joined the conversation.

“I don’t know. Let’s see!”

While the crowd kept chanting Kim Taeng’s name, SONEs started to hear that Kim Taeng was actually there in the middle row. After a while, the chant changed into “Korea, Korea, Korea!”. Then the staff approached Kim Taeng in the middle row. He opened his mask. Other SONEs gave him and the staff a way to go to the front row. Some SONEs patted his shoulder and said a simple hi while he was walking. Taeng answered them and gave them a warm smile.

“It is really Kim Taeng, Unnie!” Yoona screamed at the unnies and it made Sones laughed.

Jessica kept watching the crowd until the staff brought baby faced man who was smiling and talking to the crowd. After noticing that he was in the front row, Taeng lost his smile and stare straight at where the girls were seated. He felt the girls were watching him, he bowed and the girls bowed back to him.

Jessica kept watching Taeng who were listening to the staff talking. Then Taeng smiled and opened his jacket. Taeng wore a white t-shirt with “Miss Korea, Girls’ Generation Jessica” written on it.

“OMG! Sica! He is wearing a shirt with your name on it!” Tifaany said to Jessica but Jessica ignored her and kept watching Taeng.

The staff took Taeng’s jacket and let him come forward. He took a step toward Seohyun’s desk and SONEs kept chanting his name. Then some SONEs told them to be quite so they could hear Taeng and Seohyun’s conversation. Jessica just laughed watching the scene.

Seohyun stood up when Taeng approached her and they bowed at each other. The two chatted for a moment and Seohyun signed the album that was brought by Taeng. He then went to Yoona and Sunny’s desk and did the same.

After having Sunny’s signature, Taeng went over Jessica’s desk with his head down. He gave the album to her to sign.

Annyeong, Kim Taneg-shi! It’s a surprise to see you here.”

Ne, annyeong Jessica-shi! Kim Taeng imnida.” Jessica laughed. Taeng braced himself and looked directly at her and he smiled.

“I’m your biggest fan!”

Jjinjja?! Thank you Kim Taeng-shi!” Taeng nodded and he talked to the staff. The staff the talked to the manager oppa.

“Sica, Taeng wants you to sign his t-shirt, if you don’t mind.” The manager oppa said.

“Oh, sure!” Jessica was shocked. She didn’t expect that he was her fan.

“Unnie, can we have his signature on a ball for us too?” Yoona said.

“Jess! Can we have a picture together too?” Tiffany asked Jessica.

“Oh… that’s ok!” the manager oppa said. “Of course, if Kim Taeng wouldn’t mind.”

“Oh sure! I don’t mind at all! It’s my pleasure.” Taeng said happily. Few seconds later he was shocked then he turned and bowed 90 degrees to SONEs saying he was sorry. SONEs clapper and cheered while the girls were laughing watching his gesture.

The girls stood side by side, then Jessica approached Taeng and offered her hand for a handshake. Taeng shook her hand nervously and he just hold his breath. Jessica signed his t-shirt and SONEs captured the precious moment. Therefore, it was Taeng’s turn to sign a ball which was taken by Jessica from the staff. Thus, the girls and Taeng posed and took a picture. They also took a picture with SONEs as a background.

“Thank you! I will never forget about today!” Taeng said to the girls, the manager and the staff.

“You’re welcome! Thank you for always supporting us!”

“No! Thank you for being Girls’ Generation! Thank you!”

“Wish you the best in the World Cup 2014. Fighting!”

“Sure! Are you going to watch the match?” Taeng said while staring straight at Jessica.

“Of course! We’re going to watch the match.” Sunny answered.

“Really? Thank you! I’ll do my best to win!”

“Good luck, Kim Taeng-shi!”

“Ne. I gotta go now, even though I’m happy to be here. I can’t make Sones lose their patience because of me. Thank you girls! I hope this album will be successful just like before or even better.”

After saying goodbye to the girls, the manager and the staff, Taeng bowed once again to SONE while shouting “Fighting!” and the crowd replied it with chanting “Kim Taeng!”.  He left and said goodbye once again to the girls. The fansign event went back to normal until the very end of the event.

***

SONE SOURCE

Kim Taeng Was in Fansign Event

Kim Taeng, one of national team squad, made an appearance in Girls’ Generation’s fansign event yesterday. According to the witness, no one knew that he was there at the first place but then someone noticed his presence. It should be noted that he was in a queue just like other fans. He came early in the morning even though he should fly to Brazil the day after the event.

His presence caused a noise and SONEs screamed his name. The situation made the staff noticed what was going on and fetched Kim Taeng to the front row. According to one of the staff, Kim Taeng refused to cut the line because he wanted to queue just like others. However, other SONEs persuaded him because they think he needed some rest before heading to Brazil. Taeng finally agreed to go to the front row. Taeng said thank repeatedly to SONEs and he even bowed 90 degree when he was in the front row.

Taeng who wore a t-shirt “MISS KOREA, GIRLS’ GENERATION JESSICA” approached the girls shyly one by one. When he was face to face with Jessica, he was nervous and he bravely asked her to sign his t-shirt. Therefore, Taeng also signed a ball which was brought by Jessica from the staff. The story ended with Taeng and the girls took picture together and the picture was posted on SM official account and various media.

Right before he left the event, Taeng bowed once again to SONEs and Cheered for them. We will cheer for you too in the World Cup 2014! Kim Taeng and South Korea, Fighting!

Comments:

[+2667, -3] Trust me! I was one of the group who knew he was there in the first place and we had a conversation. He is humble and now I am fan of Girls’ Generation and Kim Taeng.

[+2583, -1] Both of Girls’ Generation and Kim Taeng are humble person. :’) We’re lucky to have them. Jessica looks cute!

[+2379, -3] I ship Miss Korea and Kim Taeng!

[+1998, -4] He apologized over and over. He is so humble. I wanna cry. :’)

[+1502, -5] As expected from our president!

[+1388, -1] Kim Taeng! GG! Kim Taeng! GG! Kim Taeng! GG!