Chapter 6

Love and Dream

South Korea National Team Advanced to The Final after Beating Host Brazil

"Miracles come for those who believe" is a perfect expression for South Korea national team's current situation. It started as the media's disbelief (of course it wasn't distrust) that korea wouldn't pass the group phase. The squad proofed that with trust, hard work, pray and people's support, they could pass the group phase with ups and downs.

Having Brazil as the opponent, the squad implemented defense strategy from the start. Brazil was commanded by the captain to attack Korea's defense tirelessly in the first round. However, it was intercepted by Korea's defenders and keeper Choi Sooyoung who guarded the goal. The score 0-0 ended the first half.

In the second half, Brazil started to look tired and slowed down the attack while South Korea played calmly.

With a good cooperation, Kim Taeng scored another goal through the free kick after Brazil violated the rule in the 85th-minute. The goal sent South Korea national team to the final.

"No one can beat us except God and our parents" Kim Taeng commented before the match and it was proofed by his goal in the match. By this, the squad is advanced to the final against England. Let's pray the best for the squad.


National Team's Victory is Welcomed by Celebration on every Street in The City.

A shocking national team's victory against Brazil is welcomed by the people enthusiastically. After it broadcasted live, the streets were filled with supporters chanting the yells. They shouted the player names as well as the coach enthusiastically.

Every players of the squad became people's new idol. The advance of the national team to the final became history in South Korea and nobody expect the squad will be the champion.

"We wish all the best for South Korea national team!" Said one of netizen who wore national team's jersey with Park Jisung's name on it.

"I wish South Korea national team will do their best in the final!" Said a woman enthusiastically and everyone nodded hearing her statement. Let's pray the best for the national team!

Here What Celebrities Say about The National Team!

We gathered comments on the national team from idols and celebrities through their SNS and their live comment. Here it is.

"Amazing, miracle and beautiful confidence of the national team. I hope this trend advance to the final! Nothing is impossible in this world. Nothing to be scared of except God and parents just like what Kim Taeng said." - Yoo Jaesuk.

"Nothing is impossible. They said mission impossible and now look at the reality! Kim Taeng and the squad, fighting!" - Song Joongki.

"Let's support and pray for the national team. They've worked so hard to this state. Let's celebrate together, because together we can!" - Girls' Generation Seohyun.

"South Korea national team proofed to the world that nothing is impossible. Keep showing them that we are exist!" - Girls' Generation Sunny.

"The national team unite our country with tireless battle. Let's enjoy our moment now. No matter the result will be in the world cup, our spirit shouldn't be disappeared!" - Ban Kimoon.

There was comments that can be seen on their SNS. South Korea national team, fighting!

(Global News)
South Korea Turns Mission Impossible into Possible

South Korea who were underestimated in the first phase of the World Cup, they will be against England in the final. Now the people do not underestimate them. No matter the result will be, South Korea will be praised by the people.

We summarized the reasons why South Korea advanced to this stage.

1. Pressure? No, South Korea advanced to the final with laugh.

Being underestimated, South Korea played effortlessly. Even though they had ups and downs in the group phase, they rose up in the third match. Against the team who were predicted as the champion such as Netherlands and Brazil, South Korea did a cleansheet (2-0 and 1-0). The secret is they play effortlessly. They weren't expected by any media to advance to the final. Look at their expression after they won the matches, they laughed happily.

2. Perfect cooperation.

There were no favorite top players. That was the benefit of this team. There were no target men in this team and It caused  them could endanger the opponent's goal. Their top scorer is not the striker or even the midfielder but their left winger, Kim Taeng.

3. High disciplined defender and keeper.

The defensive team that is led by the goalkeeper, Choi Sooyoung. He is very disciplined keeping the defense. Despite they attacked the opponent, they did not forget to leave two players to withstand the persistence of the opponent. Choi Sooyoung with his tall body were able to reach every ball that come to his goal and it was even hard for the top players of the world to score a goal.

4. Park Jisung.

The charismatic captain led the team perfectly. He commanded every defenses and attacks. His experience as Premiere League player helped him knowing opponent's trick so that he could match the opponents perfectly.

5. Kim Taeng.

Agile, creative and on target describe Kim Taeng. He is left winger who became media's hot issue. He was confident of dealing his opponents. He was able to pass the ball from the distance if it was needed. He was able to score a goal from an impossible distance and he was also able to score a goal by a free kick.


Kim Taeng, a Name that Steal the Spotlight

Kim Taeng, 23-years-old, South Korea left winger who became world's hot issue through his brilliant performance in the World Cup. He scored 3 goals out of 3 matches and brought South Korea to the final. He became the candidate of top scorer of the World Cup.

With his average posture, he was agile passing the opponents. He even scored a goal with free kick and he created an opportunity for his mates.
Kim Taeng is currently one of players of US club, Galaxy. It can be said for sure, he will be the target of European clubs in the next transfer window. So be prepared to see his presence in the next European League.

***

Girls' Generation and the manager stepped their foot in Brazil after having a long flight from Korea. The members showed the combination of exhausted and excitement. They flew to Brazil without any schedule notice and it made SONE had no idea about their presence in Brazil. That was SM and national team staff plan to surprise the squad who had fought so hard to the final.

Because of busy schedule, Girls' Generation came right before the final started. The girls had only enough time to go to the stadium, they were welcomed by the staff who had waited them from the morning. The girls didn't get time to rest. they didn't mind it though because they had prepared themselves by sleeping on their flight from Korea to Brazil.

"Annyeong Haseyo!" The girls greeted the staff.

"Annyeong Haseyo!" Said one of the staff excitedly, meanwhile the other staffs were nervous. They were face to face with the nation's girl group. "I'm sorry, I know you guys are tired but we have to go to the stadium as soon as possible. The match will start soon. We have prepared some foods and snacks in the car. "

"Nah... It's okay! Can we go now? We're excited too and we don't wanna be late." Jessica answered.

"Okay! Follow us!"

The girls couldn't hide their excitement when they walked to their car. They saw world cup's attributes on the street. After having their meal in the car, the girls were curious and they asked the staff about the World Cup enthusiastically.

"The people of Brazil were disappointed but they are supportive and fortunately the squad didn't receive any bad treatment." One of the staff said. "Some of them come to the stadium and support our team."

"Wow, is that them?" Sunny pointed to a group of foreign supporters with South Korea national team attributes.

"Yeah, that is them! But we can't be sure if they are foreigners or Korean descent, hahahaha."

"How is the squad preparation?"

"They are well prepared. Kim Taeng even seemed happy because he will play against his favorite player, the captain of England."

"Really?"

"Yes. He told me that the captain of England is the reason why he want to play football in the first place. Now he is about to play against his idol. Isn't it amazing?"

"Whoa, Kim Taeng must be happy." Jessica said.

"Yeah. He will be happier when he know that his favorite girl group is here as well." The girls smiled shyly hearing the statement.

"Ah, we're here!" The driver said.

"Come on girls!" The manager opened the door for them.

"You guys will meet the squad during the break, they are preparing for the match now. I'm sorry!"

"Nah, it's okay!" The manager said.

Girls' Generation entered the stadium through VVIP gate. The girls couldn't hide their amazement. They saw the stadium filled with the supporters. They looked for Korean supporters enthusiastically.

"Unnies, is this how it feel to be SONE?" Seohyun asked with her shining eyes. The others just smiled brightly and they couldn't answer the question.

Both of the teams entered the field with the supporters cheered for them. South Korea squad entered the field with bright smile and enthusiasm. After awhile, both of national anthems were played. The girls and the manager listened to it solemnly. Sunny even wiped her tears.

The first half was led by England. They attacked Korea with quick passes repeatedly, however it was thwarted by Korea. Eventually, Korea's defense was broke by the captain of England with a long-range shot which led to the right corner of the goal. In the 25th-minute, Korea 0-1 England. Startled by the goal, Korea attacked england through the two winger. In the 30th-minute, with a good cooperation, Kim Joonmyeon scored a goal by heading it. Korea 1-1 England. However, with 2 minutes differences after Joonmyeon's goal, England led back the game through penalty point after Korean defender broke the rule. Then, England scored two goals in the 38th and 44th-minute.  The first half ended with Korea 1-4 England.

"Girls, I'm sorry you have to watch this!" One of the staff stated and he sounded so sad.

"Nah! To this state, they did a great job! Can we see the squad now?" Seohyun answered tried to look cheerful.

"Please follow me!"

The girls left their seats and headed to the squad's locker room.

"Girls, we should be cheerful when we see them!" Sunny said to the girls.

"Yeah, we should cheer for them!" Tiffany added.

"Yes, Unnie!" Seohyun answered.

"Jessica! You should cheer for Kim Taeng!"

"Huh?!" Jessica startled. "O-okay!"

"Jessie? Are you okay? You look tired." Tiffany worried.

"Uh, No! I'm just worried and sad about them."

"We should be cheerful in front of them, Jessie. Don't worry!" Tiffany patted her back.

"Yes, we should!" Jessica smiled.

The staff opened the door for the girls when they arrived at the locker room. The squad were focused on the coach and they didn't notice the girls entered the room. The coach noticed it and just smiled to the girls. Nobody noticed the girls' presence. They were too focused on what the coach said and they thought they were just staff who entered the room.

"We can do it!" Jessica heard someone said it. She searched it and she found out it was Taeng's voice. "I can run and I'm ready to fight!"

"Go on!" The coach let Taeng to speak.

"Even we lose, we lose with dignity! But we shouldn't give up. We have 45 minutes left! I can run, I can score a goal and I can hear our supporters screaming to cheer for us when we're left behind! They believe in us. Don't you think that in the other side of earth there are people who wait for our action? If we keep our head down, who are they going to believe in? We all can run, as long as they believe in us. As long as they scream for us, we can do this!"

Girls' Generation held their tears. Jessica stare straight at Kim Taeng who look at his teammates carefully. The squad nodded and they were on fire.

"So guys? Are you ready for this? Can you run?" The coach asked to the squad.

"YES!" The squad answered in unison.

"Can we win this match?"

"YES!"

"For who we will win this?"

"SOUTH KOREA!"

The squad rose, clapped their hands and hugged each others. Then, one of them notice the girls' presence in the room.

"OMO!" He shouted so loud and made the others noticed too.

"Guys! It's a surprise for you! Girls' Generation flew from Korea to support you!"

The squad were amazed seeing Girls' Generation face to face and the girls introduced themselves. The squad shouted joyfully and bowed to the girls. Jessica greeted the squad and the girls scattered around to have a little chat with the squad. Jessica looked for someone that she was hoping to see and he just stand there staring straight at her.

"Annyeong haseyo, Kim Taeng-shi! We meet again." Jessica greeted Taeng.

"Annyeong haseyo! I can't believe this!" Jessica just giggled after hearing that.

"Are you okay?" Jessica asked, she was worried about him.

"Ne, don't worry about... Wait are you worried about me?" Jessica just laughed hearing that.

"Are you okay?" She repeated.

"I'm okay! When did you arrive at Brazil?"

"We just arrived and we headed here as soon as we arrived."

"Huh? I'm so sorry!" Taeng apologized to her and he realized he was almost yelling at her. "I mean, you should have some rest once you arrived."

"No, we're fine. We don't wanna miss the final. " Jessica blushed and smiled.

"I'm sorry you have to watch the first half with disappointing result!"

"Oh, don't worry! We are glad just to watch you in the final. No matter happens, you will always be our hero!"

"But I really wanna win!"

"Then you have to do your best in the second half!"

"I will!" Taeng smiled brightly.

"Oh, annyeong haseyo Kim Taeng-shi!" Tiffany approached them.

"Annyeong haseyo!" He greeted Tiffany and greeted the rest who approached them too. "Are you guys tired?"

"No! Ah well, a bit tired but we're happy to be here!" Sunny answered.

"Don't be sick! Cause SONEs would kill me!" Taeng joked.

"Hahaha. No they won't! You are their president, right?" Tiffany asked and the girls laughed.

"Do you know about it? Hahaha."

"Yeah, sure!"

"Hahaha. Tiffany-shi, congratulation on your dating!"

"Have you read the news?" Tiffany shocked.

"Yeah! And Taeng was devastated!" Sooyoung came and it made Taeng freaked out.

"No, I wasn't!"

Jessica was quite disappointed when she heard Sooyoung said that.

"I thought you were Jessica's fanboy!" Sunny said and she just laughed along with Yoona. Then he stared at Jessica.

"I am her fan!" Taeng said shyly and it made Jessica laughed.

"I am serious!"

"We knew!" Sooyoung said and laughed. "Seriously, Jessica-shi! What he say is always about Girls' Generation, especially you."

"Stop it, Soo!"

Everyone laughed at the situation. Jessica couldn't hold her laughed watching the situation.

"Taeng-shi! Do SONE hate me right now?" Tiffany asked him and it made everyone silent. Then Taeng just smiled.

"They don't!"

"But..."

"You read those comments online, right?" Taeng asked and tiffany just nodded.

"They don't hate you. They were just shocked and emotional at the moment. So was I."

Jessica felt her heart ached when she heard his statement.

"Don't worry! SONEs won't leave you and the girls! Even though it hurt them but they will be back to support and love you. Even if you date secretly, caught by the media, breaking up or whatever it is. When you turn to look at us. We will be there to support and love you!"

"Do I hurt SONE?"

"Well... Isn't that obvious? But with this pain, we will learn how to grow and to be strong. No matter how much we are angry at you, we will always behind you to support and love you. Don't worry, Tiffany-shi!" Taeng answered with warm smile.

Jessica just stared at Taeng and Taeng comforted Tiffany who was keeping her head down. The girls comforted her too. Taeng kept saying that SONE will be fine as long as Girls' Generation are fine. Sadly, Jessica felt her heart was stabbed looking at the situation, she thought "I am just tired!".

"Guys! We should go! The second half will start and the squad should be in the field now." The manager said to the girls. Taeng stared at Jessica with his sad eyes. The girls then said goodbye to the squad.

"Fighting!" Jessica said to Taeng when they were heading out from the locker room.

The girls back at their seats and the squads were in the fields too and ready to play for the second half. Taeng searched for the girls who were in the VVIP section. He waved at them and they waved back. He then focused on the game.

Taeng and the squad were on fire. They attacked the opponent tirelessly and it made England had to broke the rule to stop them from attacking. Finally, Korea scored another goal in the 58th-minutes. After scoring the goal, Taeng took the ball and ran to the center. He smiled and waved at the girls. The moment was captured by the camera.

The squad reapplied the attack strategy and they didn't let the opponent got the ball. They scored another goal by Kim Hyoyeon 4 minutes after Taeng's goal. Korea 3-4 England.

England was shocked by the goal, then England strengthened their defense and attack. However, Korea was on fire and there were no hope for England to take over the ball but broke the rule. In the 80th-minute, Kim Taeng was violated after passing 3 English players. Taeng rolled on the grass and he was hurt. Girls' Generation, the substitute players, and the supporters were shocked and they rose from their seats. They were worried watching Taeng helplessly in pain. Then the medical team came to treat him. Taeng stood up and the supporters clapped their hands supporting him.

The squad attacked aggressively, while England tried to maintain the score. Jessica looked at Taeng with worried face. Taeng was able to run but once in awhile he couldn't hide the pain. The coach noticed it too. In the 85th-minute, Taeng was substituted by another winger. Taeng left the field and he was carried by the medical team. He closed his face with his hand and he received a standing ovation from the supporters in the stadium.

After tireless attack, the whistle was blown and the match ended with Korea 3-4 England. The victory went to England. England celebrated it by running toward their supporters. Meanwhile, South Korea squad were down and some of them were crying. Jessica tried to search for Taeng from her seat. She saw Taeng was walking with a . The girls asked the staff who was sitting beside them about Taeng's condition. He said that Taeng was injured and he broke his leg. The doctor suggested to use a walker.

Jessica was worried and she looked at him who were adjusting his walker because of the injury. Her worry turned into a smile when she watch Taeng walked hardly to his teammates hugged and joked with them. Then the squad approached the supporters who cheered for them. One by one, English supporters cheered for them too. Then, English squad approached Korean squad. They hugged each others and they received a standing ovation from the audiences in the stadium.

Jessica watched Taeng and the Captain of England approached each other. She then remembered one of the staff said that the Captain of the England is Taeng's idol. Taeng and the Captain chatted for awhile and suddenly the stadium cheered when they opened their jersey to trade. It ended with a warm hug.

Taeng then looked at the VVIP section and waved to the girls who waved back at him. Taeng then approached Korean supporters and he caught a pink towel. Taeng just laughed and it was captured by the camera. Taeng waved the pink towel with Girls' Generation on it to the girls. The girls noticed that the towel was Girls' Generation official towel. They just laughed watching that.

The celebration ended with medals giving ceremony. Korea received silver medals as the runner up. Even though Korea lost in the final, they lost with dignity and they received standing ovation from the audiences in the stadium. Girls' Generation looked at the squad and South Korean flag with pride.

After the celebration, the girls approached the squad to say a goodbye. They had to go back to Korea to prepare the upcoming fansign event .

From afar, Jessica looked at Taeng who was holding pain. Taeng was treated by the medical team. She approached with worry in her heart.

"Are you okay?"

"Oh Jessica-shi?" Taeng tried to stand up and she just shook her head.

"Sit down! Let the doctor take care of you!" Jessica the sat beside him. "Is it bad?" Jessica asked the doctor

"Not really, Jessica-shi. The injury will be healed in 2 or 3 weeks. Thankfully, he was substituted. It would be bad for him if he forced himself to play." The doctor answered.

"Is it hurt?" Jessica asked Taeng. Taeng shook his head and smiled.

"Not really, thank you!"

Jessica felt her cheeks burning.

"Where are you going to stay?"

"Yeah about that. We will fly back to Korea." Jessica answered and it made him shocked.

"That fast?" Jessica nodded. "Do you have another schedule?"

"Yes. We have fansign event the day after tomorrow. So we should back earlier."

"Okay. Thank you for coming this far! Jessica-shi! I'm so sorry you have to watch us lost!"

"You did your best, Kim Taeng-shi!"

"Ne... Jessica-shi! Make sure you will have enough rest and don't get sick!" Jessica nodded after hearing that.

"Oh, Kim Taeng-shi!" Yoona and the girls approached. "Is it bad?"

"Not really. I'll be recovered in two or three weeks."

"Thank God!"

"Girls, we should go now!" The manager came. "Get well soon Kim Taeng-shi!"

"Thank you, Manager-nim! Take care of the girls!" The manger nodded and smiled.

"Nice game by the way! You make us proud!"

"Thank you!" Taeng smiled and bowed to the manager who bowed back.

After saying goodbye, the girls headed to the airport while the squad headed back to their hotel. The supporters cheered for them on their way back to the hotel. The squad arrived at the hotel. They took rest and they would be back to Korea in two days.



South Korea National Team Lost with Pride in the World Cup

The squad played tirelessly in the final against England. Unfortunately, the match ended with England as the victory. The score was Korea 3-4 England.
South Korea national team played elegantly and they received standing ovation from the supporters. The supporters also cheered for them when they headed back to the hotel.

Let's welcome them with cheers and support. They make us proud with their tireless battle. Fighting!

South Korea National Team Arrived and Welcomed by the Supporters

South Korean national team squad arrived at Incheon Airport this morning. The supporters welcomed them and cheered for them. The supporters even filled the street to welcome. Along their way back from the airport, the supporters followed them and cheered for them. The squad make us proud with their elegant game in the World Cup 2014.

Ban Ki Moon welcomed South Korean national team and said that this is a celebration for South Korean people. We should be proud of their achievement. Congratulations!

Kim Taeng is World Cup 2014 Top Scorer

Kim Taeng, 23-years-old winger received a title as top scorer in the World Cup 2014. He is the top scorer with 4 goal. He is reported that he had injury in the final match. However the doctor assured that he will recover soon. Kim Taeng and the squad are in Seoul now. Good luck and get well soon, Kim Taeng! We are looking forward to see your performance in the upcoming season.

SONE SOURCE
Girls' Generation Watched the World Cup Final in Brazil

Girls' Generation watched the World Cup final live in Brazil. It is proofed by the photos where they were watching the game and when they were in the locker room to support the squad. Kim Taeng was spotted several times waved at the girls in the VVIP section.
it was reported that Girls' Generation came to the final to fulfill the coach's invitation. It was also reported that the girls flew back to Korea right after the final ended.

Sunny also posted a photo where they were watching the game with a caption. "Nice game! Even though we lost, we lost with dignity!" Congratulation on being the runner up! South Korea national team, fighting!