Chapter 5

Love and Dream

Girls’ Generation promoted their comeback stages and they hit number 1 spot in various music shows. The media reported there would be girl group war that month. The competition were intense, however Girls’ Generation and SONE were too strong to be beaten by other groups.

In the meantime, the World Cup were in group phase. Shockingly, South Korea and Sweden who were predicted to be eliminated managed to draw against superior teams in the first match of group A. South Korea drew 0-0 with Uruguay and Sweden drew 1-1 with France. However, South Korea was defeated by Sweden in the second round with the score 0-1. Meanwhile, France drew 0-0 with Uruguay in the match.

Group A standings:

Team

Pld

W

D

L

GF

GA

GD

Pts

Sweden

2

1

1

0

2

1

+1

4

France

2

0

2

0

1

1

0

2

Uruguay

2

0

2

0

0

0

0

2

South Korea

2

0

1

1

1

1

-1

1

 

 

 

South Korea were in the bottom of the group A, however South Korea still had a chance to turn things around in the last round. If they won against France and Sweden won against Uruguay, then South Korea would be the runner-up of group A and advanced to the quarter-finals.

***

Girls’ Generation arrived at their dorm after their comeback stage schedule. They gathered in the living room turned the TV on.

“We’re lucky, it has not started yet, Unnie!”

“Yeah Yoong, we even still have 5 minutes for meal.”

“OMG! Yeay! Meal!” Yoona ran to the kitchen and brought back a snack.

Shikshin!” Jessica mumbled and Yoona just stuck her tongue out.

“So, how is Korea’s chance?” Tiffany asked.

“We have to win! I saw it on the news, Sweden won against Uruguay with 2-1. If we won, we will advance to the quarter-finals as the runner-up of the group, Unnie!”

“Ok, thank you, Hyun! Is Kim Tang going to play today?”

“I’m not sure, Unnie. I’m disappointed too that Kim Taeng didn’t play in the first two matches.”

“Yeah. Can we concentrate on the game now? It’s started!” Jessica frustrated.

Uri leader and her new hobby.” Tiffany teased.

Uri leader and her ideal type, to be exact!” Sunny added.

“Yah! Shut up!” Jessica yelled.

“… Ok!” Tiffany and Sunny said in unison.

“Look! Kim Taeng is playing!” Seohyun shouted while reading the list of the squad. Kim Taeng #9 were on the list.

“I hope they win!”

The two squads entered the field, it was the decisive match. If South Korea drew or lost, South Korea would be eliminated and France would advance to the quarter-finals. In contrast, if South Korea won, they would advance to the quarter-finals.

French national anthem was played first, then South Korean anthem was next. South Korean team player sang along with their heart and so did Girls’ Generation who were watching it on TV. When the camera captured Kim Taeng’s face, Jessica whispered softly. “Fighting!”

The whistle was blown as the first half started, South Korea controlled the ball and applied quick system. Kim Taeng help the attack with a feed side in the left wing. He also attacked opponent’s defense. After continuous threats, South Korea scored a goal through Park Jisung’s heading from Taeng’s pass in the 38th-minute.

“GOAL!”

“Yes Unnie! Goal!”

Jessica hugged the members. Meanwhile on the screen, Jisung was surrounded by his teammates and then Taeng did a dorky dance. Park Jisung and Kim Taeng hugged each other.

Startled by the goal, France applied attack strategy. However, it was thwarted by South Korean defenders Kim Hyoyeon and Kim Joonmyeon and also Keeper Choi Sooyoung. The first half ended with the score of 1-0.

In the second half, France’s continuous attack made them scored a goal in the 60th-minute. The girls were tense too, Tiffany closed her eyes because she didn’t want to watch something bad might happen to the team. In the 80th-minute, Kim Taeng attacked opponent’s defense and he did short passes with Park Jisung beautifully. Kim Taeng deceived two opposing players and kicked the ball to the corner of the goalpost. The opposing keeper tried to stop the ball but he didn’t make it and it was another goal for South Korea.

Girls’ Generation did a celebration dance except for Jessica. She was focused on the screen while the girls were dancing happily, even Seohyun. She saw Kim Taeng celebrating the goal by running toward the camera and kissing his Girls’ Generation bracelet. Jessica laughed so loud after watching the scene and so did the girls.

The match ended with 2-1 for South Korea. South Korea advanced to the quarter-finals. The squad celebrated the winning by thanking their supporter who attended the match in the stadium. When the camera captured Kim Taeng, he did dorky pose and kissed his bracelet. “Gamsahamnida!” he said.

“He look ier with sweats all over his body!” Tiffany said and Jessica just rolled her eyes. “Okay Jess, you’re jealous. I got it!”

“Why should I jealous? He like me, not you!” Jessica stuck her tongue out.

“Boooooo!!!!” They laughed hard.

“I’ll congratulate Taeng.” Sunny announced while grabbing her phone.

“Like you know him in person!” Jessica mocked sunny.

“Yah! What kind of fan are you?! Don’t you know that he has Instagram account? And yeah… we followed each other.” Sunny said.

“What?! Seriously?!”

“I’m serious. So, let’s take a selca, upload it and tag it to Taeng?”

“Yes!”

Unnie, how if we hold a paper with ‘Korea, Fighting!’ on it?”

“Great! Come on guys!”

They took a picture with World Cup broadcast on TV as the background and they held a paper that said ‘Korea, Fighting!’ After taking a picture, they uploaded it on Sunny’s Instagram account with a caption “Congratulation on making to the quarter-finals. Congratulation on the goal @taeng_ss and Good Luck! Fighting!”

***

On the next day, the picture was liked by Taeng and he commented. “Wow Guys! You really watched it! Thank you for supporting me! Good luck for your comeback stages! I’ll watch it on YouTube. Fighting!”

As the girls did their comeback stages, the squad advance to the next round in the World Cup. Shockingly, South Korea won against Netherland with the score 2-0. Kim Taeng and Kim Hyoyeon scored the goals in the match. Meanwhile, Girls’ Generation won their sixth win on Inkigayo.

Girls’ Generation were on their van after their Inkigayo schedule.

“Guys, I have a good news!” The manager Oppa said from the driver seat.

“What is it, Oppa?”

“You are invited by the coach and national team staff to watch the World Cup live in the stadium.”

“Really?” The girls screamed in unison.

“Guys! What do I say about screaming in the van?”

“I’m sorry, Oppa! Hahaha.” Sunny laughed.

“But, are you serious, Oppa?”

“Yes, but I have a bad news too. You are very busy with the schedule. You will only attend the match if the squad make it the finals.”

“Oh Jjinjja?”

“Should we tell Taeng? He must be excited.”

“Hahaha. The coach said to keep it as a secret. We’ll be there as a surprise for the squad.”

“Korea! You have to make it to the finals!”

“Yeah, we have to pray and support them. We’ll be there and cheer for them in the finals live. Here we are, go get some rest, I’ll pick you up at 7am.”

Ne Oppa!

The girls entered their dorm then they took a shower, ate and entered their room.

“Guys! Check this out!” The girls were preparing to sleep when Sunny suddenly yelled in front of her laptop.

“What is it Soonkyu?” Tiffany walked toward Sunny with her eyes closed.

“Another song from Taeng for us!”

“What?!” Jessica yelled and ran from her room.

“Wow!! This must be dreaming! Ice princess is running!” Yoona laughed when Jessica hit her hand.

“Taeng’s effect! Should we play it now?”

Ne Unnie!”

Sunny showed the girls Taeng’s Instagram account posting a photo of his bracelet with a caption. “Actually, this is the first song I wrote about Girls’ Generation and I just posted it now. I need your feedbacks, SONE!” Then, Sunny clicked a YouTube link and it played Girls’ Generation FMV with Taeng’s singing and guitar acoustic as the backsound.

 

You Make Me Smile (Originally by Uncle Kracker)

 

You’re better than the best

I’m lucky just to linger in your light

Cooler than the flip-side of my pillow (that’s right)

Completely unaware

Nothing can compare to where you send me

It lets me know that it’s okay (yeah, it’s okay)

And the moments when my good times start to fade

 

You make me smile like the sun

Fall outta bed

Sing like a bird

Dizzy in my head

Spin like a record

Crazy on a Sunday night

You make me dance like a fool

Forget how to breathe

Shine like gold

Buzz like bee

Just the tought of you can drive me wild

Oh, you make me smile

 

Even when you’re gone

Somehow you come along

Just like a flower poking through sidewalk crack

And just like that

 

You make me smile like the sun

Fall outta bed

Sing like a bird

Dizzy in my head

Spin like a record

Crazy on a Sunday night

You make me smile like a fool

Forget how to breathe

Shine like gold

Buzz like a bee

Just the thought of you can drive me wild

Oh, you make me smile

 

Don’t know how I lived without you

Cause everytime that I get around you

I see the best of me inside your eyes

You make me smile

 

You make me dance like a fool

Forget how to breath

Shine like gold

Buzz like a bee

Just the thought of you can drive me wild

Oh, you make me smile

 

(Oh, you make me smile)

(Oh, you make me smile)

(Oh, you make me smile)

(Oh, you make me smile)

 

There was a moment of silent. Seohyun was the first one who broke the silent. “OMG! He is talented!”

“Yes he is!” Yoona added.

“We’re so lucky. Oh you make me smile – the song is so romantic!” Tiffany said.

“The thing that make me proud is he has time to post something about us even though he is busy with his schedule.” Sunny added.

“Hahaha. You are right, Unnie!”

“Jess, why aren’t you saying anything?”

“Uh…” Jessica startled when Tiffany suddenly asked her. “Nothing, I’m just tired. I’m going to be now.”

“Yah! Jess!” Tiffany complained.

“And Sunny…” Jessica stopped without tilting her head. “Can you download it and put it in your phone? I’ll ask that later.”

“Uh? Okay!” Sunny startled and Tiffany just smiled.

Jessica entered her room. She laid down and looked at the ceiling. She wondered about her life, her family, Girls’ Generation, SONE and Kim Taeng. Jessica smiled and closed her eyes.

***

The SONE Source

Kim Taeng and You Make Me Smile

Another Bam! from Kim Taeng. He uploaded his first song about Girls’ Generation on YouTube. The video is just like another FMV with an acoustic song entitled You Make Me Smile. Not long after the video was uploaded, the video has been watched and commented by SONEs. Have you watch it?

Sunny even commented on Kim Taeng’s Instagram account. “Thank you! The song is amazing and you’re talented, Kim Taeng-shi!” Kim Taeng then replied the comment. “I’m not… You are the inspiration. You are talented to inspire people!^^”

Kim Taeng is on the spotlight after having two goals in his two matches in the World Cup 2014. As expected by SONE, Kim Taeng always kissed his Girls’ Generation bracelet after he scored a goal. Let’s cheer for Kim Taeng to score another goal and make Korea win. From SONE to Kim Taeng, Fighting!

[+5135, -2] Girls’ Generation – you make me smile like the sun, fall outta bed, sing like a bird, dizzy in my head, spin like a record, crazy on Sunday night. You make dance like a fool, forget how to breathe, shine like gold, buzz like a bee, just the thought of you can drive me wild. Oh you make me smile – thank you Kim Taeng!

[+4324, -9] Kim Taeng is just like a messenger of our feelings to Girls’ Generation.

[+4259, -7] Kim Taeng, Fighting! Make Girls’ Generation and SONE proud!!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Hello everyone...

to my old readers (otl old reader) im sorry i maybe will add the really new chapter next week. please understand i need to change some parts and to post this story again to have the feeling again XD

and to my new readers, welcome. i hope you guys enjoy this story.

I just made kakao talk, id: saintginger. feel free to add and chat with me there.