Chapter 9

Love and Dream

Team Gary was the first team to arrive at SBS building. They approached the PD who held a big envelope.


"You're the team with the highest point and here's the envelope for you." Sunny accepted the envelope and read it. They ran immediately after knowing the mission was name tag game.


Once they were in the safe place, they opened the other envelope. They were happy because they got normal sized name tags and good quality gloves to rip other name tags.


They waited for the other teams up stair. They laughed at team Jongkook who got big name tags and big gloves. When team Jaesuk arrived, they laughed like crazy because team Jaesuk got giant name tags and clown gloves.


"Oppa, we're so lucky!" Sunny said. Taeng and Gary nodded with a big smile on their faces.


"We have to win this!" Gary encouraged his teammates.


"What is our strategy?"


"We have to eliminate Jongkook first." Gary suggested.


"We can do this!"


Team Gary walked through an alley in the third floor. They were joking and laughing when they bumped into Team Jongkook who came from the other side of the alley. Gary who were on fire before ran immediately once he saw Jongkook. Taeng and Sunny laughed so hard and they ran too. Team Jongkook chased them down. Taeng and Sunny managed to escape because team Jongkook focused on chasing down Gary.


"What was that?" Taeng asked and Sunny just laughed. "I thought we're supposed to eliminate Jongkook?"


"I thought so!" Sunny laughed.


"PD-nim, can you call Gary hyung?"


The PD shook his head.


"What are we going to do?" Sunny asked.


"I'm bored, let's take a walk!"


"Let's go, Oppa!" Sunny said excitedly. Then they walked through the hallway again.


"There will be an announcement if someone is eliminated, right?" Taeng asked the PD following by a nod from the PD.


"So it means that Gary Oppa is safe, right?" Sunny asked and Taeng nodded.


From afar they heard someone was running, they immediately hid in the room. They peeked out the window to see who there. They saw team Jaesuk was chased down by team Jongkook. Sunny laughed at Jessica who was running.


"Jessica is running, do you believe the situation?" Taeng said.


"Yeah! You better keep this as a secret!" They laughed in unison. "Jessica seems terrified."


"She seems awful, Oppa. I never see her like that. Oppa, where are you going?" Sunny was shocked when she saw Taeng ran outside and grabbed Jessica who was left behind from her team. Jessica was shocked after seeing Taeng and she hid behind him to avoid team Jongkook. Jongkook and Sooyoung stopped and laughed.


"Taeng-ah, we meet again!" Jongkook said.


"It's funny to see you with a big gloves like that!" Taeng pointed at the gloves they wore. "Jessica, are you ok?" Taeng took a quick glance and Jessica nodded.
Sooyoung and Jongkook surrounded Taeng and Sunny took the chance to save Jessica and ran away. Taeng was cornered. They attacked each other and Taeng ripped Jongkok's tag in a flash. Sooyoung was shocked, Taeng laughed and apologized to Jongkook. Sooyoung ran away to save himself from being eliminated.


"Oppa!" Sunny approached him.


'Kim Jongkook out! Kim Jongkook Out!'


"This is great!" Sunny laughed. Taeng took a look at Jessica, then he smiled after Jessica assured him that she was alright.


"Where are you teammates?" Taeng asked and Jessica pointed at a direction.


"We'll take you there and we'll punish them for leaving you!"


"Oppa, aren't you going to eliminate me?" Jessica asked. Taeng shook his head and Sunny winked at her.


"Love is in the air!" Sunny stated and Jessica punched her in the arm. Taeng smiled secretly hearing them.


After awhile, they met HaHa, Jaesuk and Kwangsoo.


"Hyung! Why aren't you taking care of Jessica?" Taeng protested.


"I'm sorry Taeng-ah. Jongkook and Sooyoung are too scary." Jaesuk apologized.


"I won't forgive you if you leave her again!" Taeng said jokingly.


"We will protect Jessica with our hearts!" Kwangsoo said.


Taeng looked at Jessica and told her to go back to her team. They went separate ways and they agreed to battle if they met again.


"What are we going to do now? Sunny walked before Taeng.


"Let's just walk!" Taeng answered and he walked after her.


Sunny walked while talking to Taeng who was behind her. Once they arrived at the end of the alley, Sunny's name tag was ripped. Sunny screamed and turned around. She was shocked when she saw Taeng was holding her name tag and told her to be quite.


"Oppa!" Running man staff approached her and covered Sunny's mouth.


"I'm sorry, Sunny-ah!" Taeng said and he put his thumbs up to the camera.


Flashback


Taeng walked into SBS building. He was told to come earlier without telling Sooyoung. He knocked the door and entered the room. 


"Annyeong haseyo, Kim Taeng-shi! Welcome to Running Man! Sit down, please! Can you sign an autograph to be displayed in our room?"


Taeng laughed while signing.


"What am I doing here, PD-nim?"


"You'll know it in a moment!"


After awhile someone opened the door. Then Jihyo entered the room. She was shocked seeing Taeng was there. Her jaw dropped and her eyes wide opened.


"I can't believe it! Kim Taeng-shi!" She approached him. They bowed each other and shook their hands..


Then HaHa entered the room too. He was shocked as well. He screamed and ran toward Taeng. HaHa asked permission to hug Taeng and Taeng welcomed him with a warm hug. 


"What is it PD-nim? We're honored to meet you Taeng-shi!"


"Ah No! I'm fan of your show!" Taeng answered happily.


"Ah, I believe that you're happy to see each others. But we're in hurry. Please take a seat!" The PD said.


"You'll be in one team, but the others won't know about it!" The PD started to talked when they were seated. "You will be in different teams. Your mission is to eliminate your teams. Firstly, you have to lose, unable to win in the first attempt. It will give you an advantage in the last location. In the last location, you have to eliminate the members and the guests. If one of you or all of you survive, your team will be the winner."


The three of them were excited. They talked about the strategy. Jihyo and HaHa acted like they knew nothing and joined the members while Taeng arrived with Sooyoung who didn't know anything.



'Sunny out! Sunny out!'


Taeng grinned at the camera while walking through a hallway. He was called by the PD into a room. Taeng was laughing when he was HaHa and Jihyo was there too.


"You're such a killer!" HaHa welcomed him with a hug and Jihyo high-fived him.


"Hyung, Noona! Thank you for fulfilling my wish!"


"No problem, Taeng-ah! You're so sweet!" Jihyo answered.


Flashback Seoul World Cup Stadium


"Yah, Taeng-ah!"


Taeng looked aroung. He carefully entered a room with Jihyo and HaHa in there.


"Hyung! Noona! Are we ready?"


"Sure!"


They met the PD who explained the game of that day. They talked about how to 'lose' in the first two games.


"Hyung! Noona! Can I ask you a favor?" Taeng said.


"Sure, say it!"


"Take care of Jessica, don't eliminate her. Lemme rip her name tag."


Jihyo and HaHa almost scream joyfully if Taeng didn't them to calm down.


"We will, don't worry!"

 


"Taeng, I was wondering. In the first game you protected her, did you protect her or is it just because we have to lose?" HaHa asked.


"Even if we're not in the losing mission, I'll do the same!" Taeng answered. HaHa and Jihyo squealed hearing the answer.


"Ok guys! Congratulations for completing the mission! Here is your envelope!" The PD said.


The PD gave the envelope. There were gloves that fit their hands perfectly to rip name tags. They put their gloves under the gloves they had before. They also had another small name tags under their name tags. They had two lives.


"This is so cool!" Taeng said. "Runningman is cool!"


"Are you interested in joining our show?"


"Sure!" Taeng answered confidently. HaHa and Jihyo just laughed.


Then they separated to eliminate the others. Taeng walked to find Sooyoung and Sukjin. He switched with Jihyo who wanted to rip Gary's name tag with her own hand. Luckily, Taeng saw Sooyoung who was walking alone. Sooyoung ran immediately once he saw Taeng approaching him. Taeng chased him down and he ripped his name tag in a flash.


"Taeng-ah!" Sooyoung protested.


"Why are you running anyway?" Taeng laughed.


'Sooyoung out! Sooyoung out!'


'Kwangsoo out! Kwangsoo out!'


Taeng laughed after hearing the announcement. "Well done, HaHa hyung!" Taeng said to the camera.


Taeng continued his journey to find Sukjin. From afar he saw Sukjin and Gary who were with Jihyo. He approached them slowly and secretly.


Jihyo saw Taeng approached them quitely. Then she ripped Gary's name tag in a flash. Sukjin laughed at the situation. When Sukjin didn't notice, Taeng ran and ripped his name tag. Sukjin was shocked, he didn't see it coming. Jihyo and Taeng high fived. Sukjin and Gary were confused by the situation.


"Jihyo! How could you?!" Gary yelled.


"What episode is this?" Sukjin protested.


"I'm sorry, Oppa!" Jihyo apologized to them.


'Gary out! Gary out!'


'Sukjin out! Sukjin out'


"What are we going to do, Taeng-ah?" Jihyo asked.


"Jessica and Jaesuk hyung are left, right?"


"Yeah!" Jihyo answered. "I don't know what HaHa is doing now."


"Since they're together now. Maybe HaHa hyung has done something now." Jihyo nodded and they headed to find HaHa, Jessica and Jaesuk.


After awhile, they found them. Once they saw them. They began to attack them. In critical situation, Jihyo managed to eliminate Jaesuk.


After Jaesuk being eliminated, the four of them sat at the table. HaHa and Jessica sat side by side and Jihyo and Taeng sat across the table.


"It's just four of us!" HaHa stated.


"I'm so tired" Jessica mumbled and Taeng laughed.


They sat quitely and took a glance into each others. It was silence until Jihyo took off her gloves.


"It's itchy and sweaty" Jihyo stated while taking of her gloves. Her spy gloves was seen and Jessica didn't suspect anything.


"Me too!" HaHa then took his gloves off too. It revealed his matching gloves with Jihyo. Jessica was shocked and pointed at their gloves.


Taeng carefully took his gloves off too. It also revealed that his gloves was matched with Jihyo and HaHa's gloves. That time Jessica stood up and tried to run away. However, Taeng managed to hold her from running away.


"Wait, Jessica, relax!" Taeng said.


"Jessica, actually Taeng asked us from the beginning not to eliminate you." Jessica terrified and she wanted to run away.


"Hey, I won't chase you!" Taeng tried to calm her down. HaHa and Jihyo just watched them excitedly.


"What episode is this?" Jessica asked almost yelled at him.


"Listen to me, Jessica-yah." Jessica stood still, she was calm after hearing Taeng's calming voice.

 

"I don't have a heart to eliminate you and I don't want others to eliminate you." Taeng explained to Jessica. "Rip my name tag off!" 

 

"What?!"


"Kim Taeng, seriously?" Jessica, Jihyo and HaHa were shocked. Taeng backed her and told her to rip his name tag off. Hesitantly, Jessica ripped his name tag off. After ripping it off, Jessica saw another name tag.


"Rip it off!"


"Are you serious?" Jessica blushed.


"I'm serious!"


"This is like Romeo and Juliet!" HaHa said excitedly. Jessica blushed.


"I won't rip it off!" Jessica said.

 

Taeng turned around. "Why?"

 

"Rip my name tag off!" Jessica said.

 

"Wae?! No!" They were speechless. Both Taeng and Jessica don't want to rip each other name tag.


"How about this..." Taeng sugested. "How if we rip our name tags together?" Taeng suggested and Jessica was confused. "It means that I eliminate you and you eliminate me."


Taeng took a position as if he tried to hug her.


"I'm sorry SONE!" He mumbled. Jessica stood still in Taeng arms, still confused and blushing. "Are you going to stand still like this until tomorrow?" Taeng asked her who was speechless in his hug.


Jessica followed Taeng's movement. She put his hand on his name tag. So did Taeng. They ripped each other name tags at the same time. HaHa and Jihyo clapped their hands and watched them excitedly.


The game ended with team Spy as the winner. Taeng gave his prize to Sunny and Jessica as an apologize for ripping their name tags.


Sunny and Jessica heade home after finishing the game. Along the way, Sunny . Jessica just smiled. Jessica then grabbed the cactus she got from Taeng.


'Or he is trying to say that his feeling won't be dead even if you don't return his feeling.' What Jihyo said echoed in her head.


'Taeng Oppa! You don't know what effect caused by what you did to me!' She thought.


She suddenly noticed a paper was stick in the bottom of the cactus. She took it and read it. Sunny noticed it too.


Jessica opened the paper and she burst into a laugh when she saw a phone number and a note.

'Call me?! I'll wait for you
-Taeng'

 

***

end chapter.

 

 

is this lame guys? sorry :/