Chapter 8

Love and Dream

Then the ball was thrown so fast and it almost hit Jessica. Jessica screamed so loud because the throw was so hard and fast. As she closed her eyes to anticipate the pain, the pain didn't hit her. She heard people were gasping, laughing and clapping. When she opened her eyes, she saw Taeng was standing in front of her and rubbed his stomach.

 

"Chill!" Taeng said to the student who threw the ball. The student apologized to him. Taeng put his thumb up as a sign that he was fine.


"Kim Taeng out!"


"What? Why?" Jessica was confused.


"He saved you!" Sunny winked at her and Jessica was shocked.


"Win this game!" Taeng said before he left the field.


"Yah Taeng! Are you dumb?" Gary yelled. Taeng laughed and apologized to Gary and Sunny.


"Gamsahamnida!" Jessica thanked him. Taeng just smiled and it froze her. Jaesuk called her and she realized the games was about to start again.


As time went by, the members and the guests were out one by one. Only Jessica, Sunny and Jongkook were left. The students locked their target to Jongkook. It turned out Joongkok was out next. Jessica and Sunny were the last two to survive. After awhile, Jessica got hit and she was out. Taeng was shocked and he stood up from his seat. Then the members and the guest welcomed sunny as the winner while Taeng was approaching Jessica.


"Are you okay?" He was worried and looked at Jessica's hand.


"I'm fine!" Jessica said as she smiled.


"Yah, Oppa! Why don't you congratulate me?" Sunny whined and Taeng just laughed. Meanwhile, Jessica frowned and wondered why she called him 'Oppa!'.


"Sunny-ah! Mian! Yeay, we won!" Taeng and Sunny high-fived and joined Gary.


'Since when they're close to each other?' Jessica thought.


"Ok. The winner is the second team. The second team will get 10 point. The first team will get 5 point and the third team will get 3 point." PD-nim announced the score. "Now, you're heading to Restaurant J!"


The members and the guests approached the crowd and greeted them. The crowd screamed as they were approaching. Taeng and Sooyoung greeted and they even gave the crowd a handshake. After saying goodbye, the members and the guest got into their cars and headed to Restaurant J.


"Are we going to eat there, Hyung?" Taeng asked Gary.


"Yes. But PD won't go easy on us. We have to play the game to eat." Taeng groaned.


"Hahaha, Oppa? Are you hungry?"


"Yeah, I haven't eaten breakfast this morning." Taeng sounded desperate.


"Oh? We should finish the game as fast as we can. Next time, you should eat first, Taeng-ah!" Gary stated.


"Ne, Hyung!" Taeng laughed.


Once they arrived at Restaurant J, the other team had been waiting there. Before the shooting, Sunny approached Jihyo and Jessica who were having a conversation. Meanwhile, Taeng and Sooyoung were surrounded by the members who were curious about the World Cup. The two of them answered the questions happily.


"Sica!" Sunny called Jessica who weren't focused to the conversation she had with Jihyo.


"Sica!" Sunny called her again. Jessica kept ignoring her. Sunny and Jihyo followed Jessica's eyes direction. Jessica was busy staring at Taeng and Sooyoung who were having conversation with the members. Sunny and Jihyo laughed.


"Yah Sica!!" Sunny yelled loudly and Jessica startled.


"Ne Sunkyu! You shocked me! You don't have to yell!" Jessica protested and she took a glance at Taeng who was noticing her after hearing Sunny's loud voice earlier.


"Yah! Go ask Jihyo Unnie! I called you like three times and you didn't even try to answer me! You only noticed me after I yelled at you." Sunny answered and followed by a nod from Jihyo who was laughing.


"Ah jjinjja Unnie? I'm sorry I was daydreaming earlier."


"Oh okay! I see! I see it clearly!" Jihyo answered and it made Sunny laughed.


"Why? Is something wrong?" Jessica asked curiously.


"Ah, No!" Jihyo and Sunny said in unison.


"Are you guys ready?" The PD-nim asked them.


"Ne!" Sooyoung answered excitedly.


"Yah! You are always excited when it comes to food!" Taeng stated and the members laughed hearing that.


"Are you ready? But we have to play a game in order to eat!" Sooyoung groaned.


"What game are we going to play?" Sukjin asked.


"You're going to play Ttakji!" PD-nim stated and followed by a nod of agreement from the males. Jihyo, Sunny and Jessica put a straight face knowing that they wouldn't participate in the game.


The game started with team Jaesuk vs team Jongkook. The battle was won by team Jaesuk. In the final, team Jaseuk was against team Gary.


The first round was between HaHa and Gary.


"Oppa, fighting!" Sunny cheered on Gary.


"Jessica! You can cheer on me too!" Jessica laughed hard. "HaHa Oppa! Fighting!" Jessica cheered on HaHa and hit his hand lightly.


"Hahaha, look at Taeng's face!" Gary said and everyone laughed. Jessica looked at Taeng confused and Taeng just covered his face.


"Jessica, it looks like Taeng wants you to cheer on him!" Gary teased and Taeng laughed awkwardly.


"Let's get it started!" Taeng protested when everyone started to .


"Hahaha, Ok guys! Let's start the game!"


The game started and gary won the game. The second game was between King of Ttakji, Yoo Jaesuk and Footballer, Kim Taeng.


"Big match!" Joongkok said while massaging Taeng's shoulder.


"Hyung, you can do it!" HaHa did the same to Jaesuk.


The match started. Taeng was first but he failed it and it made Jaesuk cheered. When it was Jaesuk's turn, Jaesuk managed to turn Taeng's ttakji around. Jaesuk won the match and the score was even.


"Wow! I won against World Cup's top scorer!" Jaesuk said excitedly.


"Are you really Kim Taeng?" Gary joked and Taeng just smiled and apologized.


"I'm sorry, guys!"


"It's okay! You are Kim Taeng after all!" Gary patted Taeng's shoulder. Taeng laughed and bowed.


"So, the score even now. It's final round. The first place will decide the dish for themselves and the other teams." The PD announced.


"What?!" The members and the guests objected.


"Now team Jaesuk and team Gary will choose their representatives for the final." The PD continued ignoring the objection.


"What was that?" Taeng protested and made the others laughed. "Hyung, who will battle in the final?" He asked.


"You!" Gary answered.


"Hyung, I lost in the previous match."


"It's ok! The charm of this episode is you, not me." Gary answered bitterly followed by laughing Taeng and Sunny.


"Sunny-ah, is it ok if I lose?"


"It's ok, Oppa!" Sunny smiled and Taeng laughed. Sunny took a glance at Jessica who were looking at them and it made Sunny just giggled.


"What's wrong, Sunny?" Taeng asked Sunny who was giggling.


"It's ok, Oppa!" Sunny answered with her deathly aegyo.
The match started. This time Jaesuk was the first to go but he failed. Taeng had the chance to beat Jaesuk.


"Oppa, fighting!" Sunny cheered on him.


"Assa! Assa!" Taeng said with his cute gesture and jessica giggled watching the scene.


Taeng slammed his ttakji and he managed to turn Jaesuk's ttakji aroung. Team Gary won the entire game. They celebrated it by doing some random dancing.


"Team Gary won the game and they can decide the dish for them and the other teams." The PD announced.


Taeng, Gary and Sunny looked at the menu carefully.


"I have bad feeling about this!" Gary whispered to Sunny while glancing at Taeng who was busy looking at the menu.


"I know what you mean, Oppa!" Sunny stated dramatically then glanced at Jessica who were looking at the menu.


"Guys, what should we pick?" Taeng asked.


"What do you think?"


"Anything, but not this one!" Taeng pointed at menu no 3.


"Why?" Gary was confused and Sunny looked at the menu carefully.


"This is the only menu that doesn't have any cucumber in it." Taeng explained.


"Do you like cucumber?" Gary joked and Sunny was shocked by his explanation. Sunny didn't think Taeng would do that and she was moved by what Taeng did for Jessica.


"Is this because..." Sunny stopped for awhile and look at Taeng. "Do you pick non-cucumber dish for Jessica, Oppa?" Taeng nodded shyly. "Oppa, you're so sweet!" Sunny smiled cutely to Taeng.


"Taeng, you should teach me that, so I can treat Jihyo like that!" Gary tapped his shoulder.


"Hahaha, Hyung! You're born to be romantic!"


"I'll take that as a compliment!" They laughed. "Ok! We'll pick menu no. 1. Is it ok, Sunny?" Sunny took a quick glanced at the menu and then nodded.


"Team Gary, have you decide yet?" The PD asked.


"Yes, we pick no 1!" Gary said.


"What about us?" Sooyoung asked.


"Calm down!" Taeng laughed because he knew Sooyoung was hungry. "We pick no 2 for you!"


"Team Jaesuk, menu no. 3." Sunny said and it made Jessica screamed of joy.


"Thank you, Sunny! Jessica kept complaining that she wanted menu no. 3!" Jaesuk stated.


"Thank you, bunny!" Jessica said with an aegyo.


"Actually, Taeng Oppa chose it for you, Sica! He knew that you wanted it!" Jessica was shocked after hearing Sunny's statement. She took a glance to Taeng who was pretending to be busy reading the menu.


The members and Sooyoung kept teasing Taeng. Taeng just laughed shyly. Meanwhile, Jessica kept her head down to hide her blushing cheeks.


"Taeng-shi! Gary talk to you informally. Can we do that too?" Jaesuk asked. 


"Sure!" Taeng answered confidently.


"Sooyoung-shi! Can we do that too?" Sukjin asked him and Sooyoung just put his thumb up because his mouth was full of food.


"Everyone! We're so close with our World Cup hero now!" Kwangsoo yelled happily.


"Taeng-ah! You called Sunny without -shi. Can you do that to Jessica too?" Taeng was chocked after hearing HaHa's question. Taeng glanced at Jessica who was eating slowly.


"Ah ne! Jessica-ah!" Taeng said and it made Jessica blushed. The members, Sunny and Sooyoung clapped their hands and teased them.


"Jessica! You can call him Oppa too!" Jaesuk added. Taeng anticipated it while looking at her directly.


"Ne! Taeng Oppa!" She said it cutely and it melted Taeng's heart.


"I'm full already!" Taeng joked and followed by loud laugh from the others.


The members and the guests joked and chatted during the lunch. The time flew quickly and they finished their meal. For the next mission they had to go to Building R.


They went to Building R which actually near by the restaurant. They were commanded to go to the rooftop. Once they reached at the rooftop they saw various flowers and acupuncture mats surrounded the flowers.


"Again?!" The members complained once they saw the torture mats.


"Taeng-ah, trust me! It hurts!" Gary explained while rubbing his calves.


"As you can see, you will run on the mats around the flowers." The PD explained.


"What did I say?!" HaHa groaned and so did the others.


"Should I participate?" Sunny whined.


"Everyone of you have to participate in this game. The point will be determined by the accumulation of team's record time." Jessica squatted down once she heard PD's explanation.


"I'm going home!" She mumbled and Taeng heard it. Taeng laughed at how cute she was.


"You'll be fine!" Taeng tried to calm her down. "It's good for your health anyway." Jessica pouted and Taeng couldn't hold his laughter.


"Each of the team members only have to run once, then it will be accumulated. The first team to go is team Jaesuk." Jessica groaned after hearing PD's explanation.


Jaesuk ran hesitantly and he held his pain and everyone just laughed at him. He finished it quite late because of the pain. Then HaHa was next and he ran slower than Jaesuk. Kwangsoo acted funny when he was running on the mats. He acted comically like rolling his body on the acupuncture mats and it caused him screamed loudly in pain. Meanwhile, Jessica finished a lap with pain and she almost cried.


"Team 1 time is 12 minute." The PD announced. "Now you are allowed to pick one of the flowers here and there will be a point at the bottom of the flowerpot."


"What? So what's the point if we pick the flowerpot randomly?" The members protested and the PD didn't say a word.


Jaesuk picked a white rose flowerpot as Jessica wished with 50 points.

The next team is team Jongkook. They spent 11 minutes on the mats. Jongkook was furious because Sukjin spent 6 minutes on the mats just for himself. They chose red rose flowerpot because Jihyo made them to.


Then it was team Gary's turn. They took 6 minutes to complete the mission. The other teams were amazed by their achievement. Taeng was the last runner. He ran like he did in a soft green grass. However, once he finished it he rolled down in pain. The others just laughed at him who was in great pain.


Taeng picked cactus flowerpot. Sunny and Gary protested. Then they were happy when they found the point was 300 pts. The biggest among all.


"We have the winner now. Team Gary with 300 points. The second is team Jongkook with 150 points and team Jaesuk with 50 points." The PD announced. "Now we're heading to SBS building. You'll find out the function of the point you have there." The PD added.


They went to the parking lot. Jessica was talking with Jaesuk when Taeng approached her.


"Jessica, wait!"


Jessica couldn't hide her feeling when Taeng approached her shyly. The staff noticed the moment and then rolled the camera to capture the moment.


"I don't know if you're gonna like it or not, but I picked this cactus specially for you. Please, keep it!" Taeng gave away the cactus flowerpot he chose and jessica accepted it.


"This cactus won't be dead even if you don't water it, so it won't bother you." Taeng added.


"I gotta go!" Taeng bowed down to Jaesuk and Jihyo who were watching him. He then ran to his teammates and welcomed by laughing Gary.


"Whether he is trying to say that you're lazy..." Jessica groaned while hearing Jihyo's explanation. "Or he is trying to say that his feeling won't be dead even if you don't return his feeling." Jihyo added. 

 

***