The Feeling Is Mutual

The Art of Following the Sun

"Luhan, do you want to become my friend?" Baekhyun asks warmly.

"No." Without another glance, I step into government's class. The gloomy Baekhyun follows. He takes his seat next to me just as the teacher walks in.

It has become such reflex. Are you sad, Luhan? What's Wrong? Is there a problem? Would you like to be friends? Look, Luhan. There's a new outing, want to come with us? We got tickets to such and such! C'mon Luhan! Everytime my answer was simple, No. I use to add Thank you to the end of it in order to be polite but after all so many questions, I got tired. Didn't people have anything better to do with their lives? I have better things to do, they should too.

For class today, we have to fill out a worksheet. Each student was assign a part. After I finish mine, everyone else was about done. Everyone expect Baekhyun. There's two things I can do here. I can either 1. Ignore him and get an incomplete on my grades or 2. Tell Baekhyun to do his work and get a hundred on this like I do with everything else.

I sigh, "Baekhyun, you should do your work."

But he was paying me no attention. His attention was somewhere else in the room. I follow his gaze and almost fell out of my seat when I caught myself staring at Sehun.

That rainbow hair boy. Yesterday afterschool, he was at the garden. He knew my secret. But I could not kill him because of that other girl. My secret... was out.

The same horror that possessed me yesterday invaded my brain again. I was going to have to transfer schools. This is going to be horrible. How fast was the news going to get out? Will everyone know by the end of the day?

I almost march over to his table and killed him with my bare hands, but I stopped myself. No, I can't kill him. Not here, in front of everyone. What matters the most right now are my grades. I need to get a hundred on this. Yes, that's correct. I gather my thoughts and turn back to Baekhyun, only to find him still staring at rainbow hair.

"Baekhyun. Baekhyun!" the short haired girl yells. "Luhan just called your name, so answer. You're rude."

"Huh? Oh, I'm sorry. What is it Luhan?" Baekhyun apologizes, immediately snapping back into reality.

"Do your work."

"Oh, right. Sorry." But his attention was already returning to rainbow hair's table. I didn't think much of his attention up til this point. But then he whispers, and I know he meant to keep this to himself, "He's soo handsome."

 


Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Beauty comes from within! I'm drinking tea right now. Sehun and Luhan will see each other outside of school soon. Bye bye! Thanks for reading! Have a nice day!