Cabbage Head

The Art of Following the Sun

How would I describe this feeling?

All at once, everything rushes in. I almost choke as the overwhelming sensation swells inside me.

I really, really want to...

BEAT SOMEONE OVER THE HEAD WITH A CABBAGE.

Yes, that describes it perfectly. The feeling of wanting to beat someone over the head with a cabbage. Maybe iron rods are better, especially if your purpose is to kill, which is exactly the result I'm looking for, but I sadly didn't carry any iron rods with me at the moment. Just chicken broth, fish, soy sauce, and two cabbage head. I couldn't very much start beating someone with the fish. No, it came to a sum of 10.81. I can't waste all that money, not on my budget. The soy sauce and chicken broth weren't cheap either. And so we arrive at my last resort, the cabbage heads. I really only needed one but today they had a two for one sale and so we arrive at our current delimma.

I glance to my left, trying to get a sense of just about how many people were inside that fence. Fourty? Oh no. I wouldn't last very long. All these guys had skateboards and what did I have? A cabbage head.

That option was out. On to the second option, ignore them.

Indifferent poker face? Check. Sudden and very convienient, deaf syndrome? Check.

I train my eyes about six yards ahead. There, the skate park cuts off and it was just a big stone wall.

"Sehun! Are you okay?"

Who? Making sure I don't turn my head (since I'm still pretending to be deaf), I peek through the strands of my hair. It was unmistakable. There was no one else with brighter hair. He's very noticable. Even in a park where there were fourty other teenagers, he still stands out the most. He was lying on the floor, I regonized his skateboard, the one I wanted to kill him with, rolling away from him.

I almost stop. Just to see if he was okay. But he quickly leaps up, brushing off his shirt and turn his head in.... my direction.

Without thinking, my pace quickens. Wait, is he looking at me?

All of a sudden, I became hyperaware of my actions. How I was walking, the grocery bags brushing against my legs. I gulped and my heartbeat loud in my ear.

And then it was all over. I spinned around the corner and the tall wall greets me.

So he skates here. I remember overhearing something related to him before. It was a few girls who were talking amongst themselves and they were debating where Sehun skates.

'I mean you see the skateboard that he always carries, right?'

'And yet I've never seen him skate!'

'But he has to skate. That's what a skateboard is used for.'

'Wahh, I wonder where he skates.'

'There are a few skate parks scattered around here and there. Which one do you think he goes to?'

'I don't know. But I wanna see him skate. He's probably even more charming when he skates...'

I wonder if Baekhyun knows where he skates... No. That's none of my business. I don't care where Oh Sehun skates either. I have better things to focus on, like my studies and getting home to cook dinner.

The sky was already a dark blue hue. Dad is probably dying of survation at this exact moment. You would think such a grown man is a lot least good for something. If he's unable to get a job, at least do the house chores.

'But your dad is as useful as a deaf and retarded dog.'  Those were my mom's exact words before she packed her bags and moved to the city to get a job. I was about five years old and my mom had no choice but become the sole income provider in our family. 'Luhan, take care of the house. If you can, throw your dad out with the garbage tonight. Do well in school and don't become like your worthless father.'

There's no way I can make it home before it gets dark. So I decided to take the shortcut.

 


It's spring break! Yahoo! Luhan has a lot of muderous thoughts, I wonder why? Luhan was also surprised to see Sehun, I wonder why?

No cabbages were hurt in the making of this chapter. Thank you for reading~~