Moon Cycle

The Art of Following the Sun

I quicken my pace but to my horror, so did the footsteps behind me. I no longer knew where I was.

My plan was to walk around the block and to see if he'll follow, very unoriginal but effective none the less. Anyways, imagine how scared out of my mind I was when, after finishing the complete block, he was still there.

What could he want? Money? I don't have any. Food? That must be it. He's probably just some hungry homless person that was kicked out and beat up. I hope so. If that's the case then this should be easy. 

Making sure not to turn around or have any sudden movements that might scare him and cause him to shoot me, I slowly reach into my grocey bags and took out a cabbage head. This should be enough, right? I gulped, praying that he would be satisfied with just a cabbage head. I raised my hand high, so whoever was behind me would see the cabbage I was holding before dropping it onto the cement ground beneath me. I made sure while doing all this, I kept my pace steady. Not too fast and not too slow. So as the cabbage rolled away, I contiune casually walking, face forward, scared to turn around.

Did it work? 

I almost cried out in dread when I realized the footsteps were still there. What am I going to do? What if he beats me up and steal my backpack? All my homework is in there. All those assignments... they would be considered late. Then my grades will go down....

Just then, I felt a large hand land on my shoulders. I froze. 

Just then, out of thin air, a fist flew out of nowhere. At first I thought it was aimed at me, but then it missed me by a good few inches, and I heard it collide with something behind me. 

Everything slowed down then. I turned around and his face, half hidden in the shadows while the other half shone in the dim moonlight, only centimeters away, soared passed me. Had he always been this tall? I always thought he was closer to my height. Then like dissapearing cresent moon, his symmetrical face was quickly swallowed by the darkness. 

I heard another punch, and another. Then there was bone-chilling crack and something dropped to the ground. Everything was quiet, except for someone's soft panting. "Are you okay?" He turned and the moon greeted his aligned face, it shone just like a full moon. 

"I'm... I'm okay," I squeeked. He approached, still panting, until he was once again, only a mere atom away. I could actually feel the warmth dancing off his skin, embracing me. He smells like... clean and warm laundry, straight out of the drier. That smell that makes you want to want to roll around in your clean toasty clothes. It wasn't until then that I realize how cold I was and couldn't stop myself from shivering.

"Are you cold? Do you want my jacket?"

"No! I'm okay," I immediately refused.

This was followed by a moment of silence. When I realize he wasn't going to talk, I peeked up. He was watching me, but with a sense of... concern? I quickly looked away, my cheeks flushing red. Of course not, he's just helping me because I was about to get robbed. 

"You are cold though. Oh, I know a warm place. Follow me." Before I had time to reject, he already seized my grocery bags, holding two hands worth of grocery in just one. With his free hand, he grabs my now empty hand and starts running. 

 

 

At Home

After dinner, I promptly return to my room to start my homework. First an article: 'People who do good deeds live longer' was the title. Bascially the article explained how those who help others tend to live longer and happier lives. 

I should try to live long too. That sounds like a good idea. But what types of good deeds could I do? 

Unconciously, I started doodling on my schedule. Tomorrow what do I have? Tomorrow I have government first period. 

I immediately sat up. An idea pops into mind. This Oh Sehun guy has already helped me twice. He kept my garden a secret and just now, he saved me from being robbed. There was no doubt he had a crush on Baekhyun, and even better, the feeling was mutual. That's it! I grinned. I'm going to help these two get together and I'll live to 150!

 

 


This is where the chapter will end! Luhan and his cabbage heads. He truly believes that cabbage heads are the solution to all world problems. I wanted to write this scene from Luhan's POV because it's easier and a lot more fun. This is where the story will take off! Sorry for the slow start. Please rate, comment, etc! Thanks a bunch.