His smile

The Art of Following the Sun

"Sehun, you're-" 

"Hey," I reply, shutting the door behind me. 

"Uh, hey... Who's this?" hyung smiles politely at the baby faced person before throwing an evil look at me. I could almost hear him thinking, 'Who the hell is this? Why did you bring this person home? It's 8pm. Oh Sehun!' I sighed. , I'm getting grouded again. 

"Hello. I'm Luhan. Thanks for having me," before bowing respectfully. Whatever hyung was going to say next, he immediately changed his mind at Luhan's greeting.

Hyung is a er for well-mannered people. He believes no one can do wrong if they're well-mannered. When we first moved in, there was a random hobo living in our guest room. How did got there? No one knew. But he was really nice and asked hyung if he could stay for a while longer and apologized for the inconvience. The smell was horrendous but hyung let him stay there for months because he was so nice and polite. I finally chased him out one day when hyung was on a business trip. I had to drag him to the back alley and beat the outta him. Then threaten to but off his balls if he ever came back. My explanantion when hyung came back was: 'Oh he decided to move back to Canada. That's where his family is. He wants to thank you for letting him stay here though. He lefted you his dirty jacket. Here you go, don't mind the blood stands on it. He had a nosebleed from..... um...... being homeless for too long.'

Making our way to the living room, hyung takes Luhan's grocery bags and sets them on the floor. "Would you like some tea, Luhan?" hyung invites cheerfully.

Before Luhan could reply, I cut in, "No actually, I have a favor to ask. Could you drive Luhan home?" I exchange a knowing glance with Luhan. 

"Drive your friend home? Why?" 

"You see, Luahn almost got mugged a moment ago,"  I explain.

"You almost got mugged?!" the shock quickly registered on hyung's face. Luhan silently nods and looks down at his lap.

"It wasn't too far from here actually so I brought him home. You know how his neighborhood is basically crap and it's really dark out now," I continue.

"Luhan, where do you live?" 

"I live near -------. It's okay, I can walk home. It's about a ten minute walk," the shorter boy assures.

Hyung gets up and paces around the room. "Hmm, how about this?" hyung suggests. "You should stay here for tonight. We have a guest room. Just call your parents and let them know."

"No thanks Mr. Oh. I should really get home," Luhan kindly rejects.

"Yeah hyung, what the hell? That room still has a left over stench of that hobo. No way can anyone can sleep in there."

Hyung stops pacing, and sighs. "Might as well. Let's go Luhan. We should get you home as soon as possible."

I help hyung carry the grocery bags to hyung's car. Before taking off, I lean in the side window and said, "I'll see you in school tomorrow okay? Stay safe Luhan."

Luhan pulls the seat belt around his body and for the first time since I've met Luhan, he smiles.

"Thank you for saving me, Sehun." And with that, he bits his perfectly shaped lip and bashfully look away. 

The car zooms off and I'm left on the empty streets. I was somewhat aware of the pouding organ in my chest, which seemed to had acquire a mind of its own and has started doing back flips and jumping jacks. The rest of my body was in a state of utter shock. My brain seemed to be broken, because it jsut kept replaying Luhan's smile. 

What just happened? 

 


This is the first time Luhan has smiled! Isn't that crazy? Oh poor Sehun, he's like a confused little child. I wonder how Sehun saved Luhan? You'll find that out in the next chapter! Kris will also make his debut soon. Go Exo! Thanks for reading. I would love any feedback!