Indifference

The Art of Following the Sun

Bam!

The door slams open interrupting the teacher's speech. Seventeen heads automatically turns to the source of the noise. A tall, lean shadow stands erect at the entrance of the room, blocking out most of the sunlight behind him. But the blindingly light that did escape, between his limbs and above his head, blocks out his characteristics, hiding his face, but giving an oddly looking halo right above his rainbow discheveled hair.

The room was dark, the shades were down, because the teacher was showing a video on the different types of govenments throughout history. Now the film continues to play on, something was said about militarism right before World War II, but no one was paying it any attention.

"Wassup. Sorry I'm late," greets a perfect melodic voice, thouch his aloof tone clearly expresses how artifical his apology is.

"You cannot-" and suddenly the light was switch on. The brightness flooding into the room like a unexpected snow storm, causing some people to shield their eyes from the surprising powerful snow.

The teacher's scolding was cut off, and she paused, spellbound by the no longer obscure figure standing by the door. A few other students gasp, quite astonish by what their eyes were conveying to them.

His disinterst face matches the tone of his apology. His bored expression and his casual body language convey that he probably did not give two cents about the pros and cons of communist soceities, as the video continues to voice on.

"Um, hello! Sehun, right?" the teacher's attitude was no longer dissaproving and cynical. Instead it was much like that of a little school girl, high pitched and childlike. 

"Hey, where's my seat?" No doubt Sehun also notice the teacher's change in mood, and smirks at her.

The teacher overly noticable blush sat on her cheeks. "Your seat, yes. Well your seat is um, here" the teacher tries to organize her thoughts and gestures to the only empty desk in the room. It was at the very front of the room.

One quick glance and Sehun shakes his head in dissaproval. "Actually, I want to sit in the back." It was more of a statement than a question. No doubtely this boy was use to getting his way, and this time was no different.

"Yes, yes! I mean of course. Bob, get up and move to the front. Sehun, you can sit there," the teacher orders, the desperate to please was evident in her facial expression.

"Class, these are your seats for this quarter. There is no seat changing, period. Understand? Good. Any failure to this rule will earn you an F in this class," I remember the teacher declaring only twenty minutes ago. I guess popular boy here doesn't apply to the rule.

Next to me, Bob obediently packs up his belongings and marches to the front of the room. In response, Sehun casually strides to the desk adjacent to me, ignoring the teacher's following words of encouragement. Absentmindedly, he throws his schoolbag on the floor between our desks and goes to sleep.

The teacher smiles and resumes our lesson, reminding us that if we don't complete our worksheet, it will be our homework. The class groans. I turn back to my already finished worksheet.

What should I have for lunch today, I thought to myself.

 


y Penguins: That's the first chapter! I hope you like. Sehun will notice Luhan's adorableness in the next chapter and tries to talk to him but Luhan falt out ignores the boy. Comments, suggestions, etc. are all welcome down below. Thanks for reading! :D