Closure

Bridging Gaps

Author's Note: Hello, guys. How are you? I'm still sad about the sulli-on-hiatus and red-light-end-of-promotion news. T.T Anyway, let's keep the faith on f(x) and kryber, okay? Let's stay with f(x) forever!

So here's my crappy? update after a while. There are some never before scenes from breaking boundaries that I managed to insert here so yeah, have fun reading this. :D

-------------------------------------

 

Amber’s POV

 

“Krystal’s room is unlocked, just so you know.”

 

There I was standing in front of Krystal’s door, not knowing if should turn the knob and enter the room or just walk away and move on without a proper closure. But a part of me was dying to see her face, hold her in my arms and tell her how much I love her.

 

Just a glimpse, Amber. Not more than that. You don’t want to freak her out if she wakes up all of a sudden, right? Just a glimpse, you’ll be alright.

 

After a short argument with myself, I finally decided to get inside. My heart began to race as soon as my feet landed on the fabric of the room’s carpeted floor but I felt it stopped beating when my eyes lay on the bed. And my tears broke out as soon as I saw my princess sleeping soundly under our favourite mango bedsheet.

 

“But Amber, I heard moans coming from the kitchen!”

 

“What moan? I didn’t hear anything like that.”

 

“Like ‘Can you please do it faster?!’, ‘I’m doing everything I can!’, ‘Just do it faster!’”

 

“Do you really have to imitate their voices too?”

 

“What?! You’re asking me what I heard!”

 

“I think I’m not sleepy anymore.”

 

“Yah, yah! What are you thinking? Ambeeeeeeeer!”

 

“Aigoo, these mangoes on the sheets make me hungry even more. I badly want to eat someone right now.”

 

“Am-Ambeeeer. Not here, this is my favourite bedsh—ohh .”

 

“What did you say, babe?”

 

“Nothing, just get back down there—aaaah! Amberrr.”

 

“Don’t worry, baby. We’ll wash the sheets together.”

 

Krystal’s room changed a lot. It was too clean compared to the last time I saw it and the life size poster of her bias which I wanted to scrap so bad seemed to be out for good. But what caught my attention was the picture frame on her bedside. I felt a hole was drilled inside my heart when I saw her smiling sweetly with my bestfriend on the picture.

 

Did I make the wrong choice of fighting for you before, Krystal? Maybe if I let Minho be with you in the first place, it wouldn’t hurt this much.

 

“Princess, be happy with him, okay? I’m sorry I wasn’t able to do that. Maybe I’m not good enough to be your prince. I’m just a stupid llama after all.” I whispered, tears falling even more. “I couldn’t even get one of those llama stuff toys that surely would have made you happy.”

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Am, there’s a llama claw machine prepared by the physics department for the foundation day. You should grab one for Krystal later,” Kwon Yuri told me out of the blue while I was going through some data. I’ve been not in a good mood lately since I was bound to leave Krystal for China in a couple of days for the deal I made with my father and I haven’t talked about it with her. Plus the course requirements I had to submit on time including the three experiments that Yuri and I had to finish before 9pm tonight.

 

“That’s so childish, Yul. Here, watch this set-up closely and fill up the data sheet. I’ll just grab a drink, I’m thirsty.”

 

“Alright, just come back soon. We have two more experiments to do.”

 

I handed her the data sheets before walking out of the laboratory with my lab gown still on. I was actually just planning to grab a coke from the vendo machine but I ended up looking for the claw machine that Yuri was referring to. If a llama toy would make Krystal happy, I was more than willing to get one for her, anything for my princess’ happiness.

 

“Yah, yah, yah. Get away,” I told the other students who were flocking at the claw machine right outside the physical science building. They moved aside but didn’t leave and stood right behind me. “Who told you that you can watch?” And they walked away whispering to each other.

 

I fished out several coins from my pocket and started playing the claw machine.

 

“Oh c’mon! It’s almost there!” I kicked the machine out of frustration. It looked too easy to get one but damn, I didn’t think it would be this hard.

 

“What are you doing, stupid?” I jolted when someone slapped my and there was my girlfriend smiling naughtily at me.  

 

“I’m trying to get one for you…aish, why is this thing so hard??” I tried once again and failed for the nth time. But for Krystal, I was determined to win. “That was so close! One more, one more.”

 

“Go, llama! Go, llama!” Krystal cheered for me. I was lucky to have a girlfriend like her who supports me in everything I do, even in a small thing like this. “You can do it. Fighting!”

 

I kept playing until I ran out of coins with Krystal constantly boosting my spirit up. No matter how much I wanted to get one and brag it to my girlfriend, maybe I really couldn’t do it. I was too lame. I couldn’t even do a simple thing like that, how am I supposed to keep her until the end? *sigh*

 

“Baby, can we go somewhere secluded?” she asked. Of course, her friends couldn’t see us together and embarrass Krystal in front of them. Still upset by the llamachine which made me realize how weak I was, I didn’t utter any word to Krystal until we reached the mini-park at back of our building. The place was usually empty during class hours, Krystal and I could stay there for a while. I sat on one of the benches and rested my head on the edge.

 

“What’s with the long face? Did you have a bad day?” Krystal guided my head on her lap and gently caressed my forehead, playing with the fringes of my hair. The way she looked at me, it had always been full of love. It was just me who had my insecurities and always doubt her feelings.

 

“What is it that you want to tell me? Why do we have to be alone?” I said, diverting the topic.

 

“I just wanted to say that I love you so much.” And she kissed me passionately on the lips. It lasted for a minute or two until she pulled away from each other. “I love you. Do you feel better now?” She giggled. How could I not feel better when the person I love most constantly reminds me that she loves me too?

 

“I’m sorry, baby. I couldn’t get you one.”

 

“Aigoo, just because of that? It’s okay. I don’t need another llama, you in my life is enough.” And she gently pecked my lips once again. “Let’s cuddle for a while before you go back to class, okay? Yuri unnie is probably on the hunt for you.”

 

“It’s her fault why I’m out here anyway.” I took Krystal in my arms this time and kissed her forehead. “Krystal, what if I actually suffered from amnesia? What would you do?”

 

“Just like what I did, I won’t give up on you. I will drill inside that brain of yours that I am your girlfriend and you love every single molecule of Krystal Jung.”

 

“Molecule? Wow, my baby is talking scientifically now, huh?” I teased, making her blush and earning me a slap on the arm.

 

“Stupid, how dare you fool around and pretend to forget me. You have no idea how painful it is not to be remembered. What if you were in my place, huh? You would give up on me for sure.”

 

“Y-Yah, it scares me just by thinking about it. You shouldn’t forget your handsome llama or else someone will snatch me away from you. Haha!”

 

“Both of you will die in my hands then! But Amber, can you promise me something?”

 

“What is it, babe?”

 

“That no matter what happens, you won’t give up on me. On us. Can you do that?”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I’m sorry, Krystal. I broke that promise for a hundred times already. And no matter how much I wanted now to live up to that promise for the first time by taking you back, I just couldn’t anymore. Your happiness is mine too. And if you’re happy with Minho, then it’s time to give up.

 

I leaned towards her ear and whispered the words that I wouldn’t get tired of saying.

 

“Krystal Jung Soo Jung, I love you.”

 

And I kissed her lips for the last time.

 

Suzy’s POV

 

I looked at the clock, it was already half past four in the morning but still Yiyun hasn’t come home yet. She’s too drunk, I should have taken her home and not let that blonde take her away just like that. But what could I do? Being her girlfriend’s sister trumps my authority as Yiyun’s fiancée.

 

It’s not supposed to be like this. I should never fall in love with someone who would never love me back. But how could I possibly have learned to care for this person in a short period of time? Is it because of her witty personality? Is it because of her cute and funny expressions when I call her ‘wifey’? Is this just mere sympathy but I mistook it as love?

 

Aish. Liu Yiyun, you’re really driving me crazy! When did I start falling for you?

 

Could it be the time when we first met?

 

FLASHBACK

 

It was my first visit to Seoul since I started college in the States and my father told me about his good old friend’s dinner invitation in Seoul’s finest seafood restaurant. Never did I expect that his friend was actually the Chairman of Eastbrook Group, the China-based hotel and leisure conglomerate which made it big internationally in the last ten years. Every business student knows the ‘Asian Hilton’ and his rags to riches life story.

 

There he was sitting across me and laughing with my Dad, talking about Eastbrook’s recent expansion to Europe and his first daughter’s marriage to a Spanish wine company heir. I tried to listen but I really wasn’t just into it. My mind trailed off instead to the annual Seoul fashion week that my friends and I were planning to attend the next day. I was too busy wondering what to wear for the event but snapped out of it at the arrival of another person.

 

“Good evening, Sir. I’m Liu Yiyun.”

 

Liu Yiyun? She must be Eastbrook’s second daughter.

 

The person was standing handsomely in front of us. Any girl would probably crumble with Liu Yiyun’s deadly smile and attractive looks at first sight but I was different. It was her eyes that struck me like lightning; there was something in her eyes that made me want to melt like ice on my seat. Yes, I knew she was a girl since in CEO Liu’s biography, it was stated that Eastbrook would be equally divided in the future among his two daughters. It’s just that her good looks and boyish style that I didn’t expect at all.

 

Both of us stayed silent through dinner. She offered me oysters several times and poured wine for me. Liu Yiyun surely treated me well and I returned those gestures with a forced smile as I started to have a hint of why the two of us were introduced to each other suddenly.

 

“Suzy-ah, daddy is sorry for not being with you as you grew up, for fulfilling my duties in our company but neglecting my duties as a father to you. I hope you understand that I did those things for our family, for you. And we decided that this is the best way to secure your future,” my father told me with an apologetic smile. I might have nodded in response but deep inside I was asking myself why, why we had to talk about these things in front of other people.

 

“Yiyun, now I formally introduce to you your fiancée, Bae Suzy.”

 

No matter how much I hated the idea, I just couldn’t say no to my father so I just remained quiet, waiting for Liu Yiyun to handle it. She looked surprisingly calm about it. Our eyes met, she smiled at me weakly. It’s just a sign that she’s not happy with this engagement thing too.

 

Please, do something about it.

 

“Father, Uncle Bae. May I excuse Bae Suzy-shi for a while? I’ll show her around the hotel and get to know her too,” she finally said. Whether Liu Yiyun would really tour me around their hotel or dump me outside, I didn’t care. It’s the best way out for the both of us.

 

“That’s a great idea, kid. Just don’t take her in one of your rooms yet or else, I’m going to blow this place up with hydrogen bombs.”

 

Dad! What are you saying?

 

“I can just build another one if that happens. Don’t worry, Yiyun. You can do anything you want with Suzy-shi.” What Uncle Liu said made her daughter blush.

 

And she looked so cute when blushing.

 

“Aish, arraso. You two have fun, okay?” my dad said. They laughed.

 

Liu Yiyun signalled me to go with her and the two of us walked towards the elevator. It was a short walk but the awkwardness between us made it feel like forever. She guided me inside the elevator first and as soon as the door closed, the awkwardness just grew even stronger. We didn’t talk to each other until we reached the lobby of the hotel then out of the building.

 

“Excuse me but where are we going?” I asked her as we reached the busy streets enlightened by the beautiful city lights. Liu Yiyun stopped walking and turned to me. I didn’t know if it’s because of the cold wind that just blew or it’s because of her eyes that made me shudder a little. Then she smiled, it wasn’t a full smile but it showed her cute eyesmile.

 

“I’m treating you tea.”

 

Tea? But there are three or four restaurants that offer tea in your hotel.

 

But before I could speak, Liu Yiyun had already wrapped her black Armani coat around me and ushered me to move forward. Touched by her little gesture, I followed her quietly until we reached our destination. I was expecting of a fancy tea house but Liu Yiyun took me to a common milk tea shop instead. I must say, with the place she particularly chose, with the way she talked indifferently to the cashier who took her order (who seemed to know her too), Liu Yiyun could easily pass as an ordinary Korean citizen living a simple but happy life, the life I’ve always wanted.

 

“I didn’t know which one you would like so I ordered their best-seller for you. Here, try this,” she said, offering a tall cup of strawberry pearl milk tea.

 

I took a sip of it and it was incredibly good. I haven’t tried it even once since prefer fruit juices than coffee and tea but it really tasted good. I guess I learned something from Liu Yiyun already.

 

“You must be surprised.” Our eyes met when she spoke. Her gaze was full of seriousness that it made me nervous. “I mean the engagement.”

 

“A-Anniyo. Every heir is expected to be engaged with another heir. I saw it coming already,” I told her. Actually, it’s one of those many things I hated in being Bae Suzy, the fact that I couldn’t marry the person I truly love, the same reason why I didn’t bother dating.

 

“But not every engagement involves two girls right?” she uttered, sounding unexplainably worried this time. She looked a little bit, I don’t know, insecure? “I mean, how will the people react? Our stocks will fluctuate; worse, it could drop rock bottom and boom! We’re bankrupt.”

 

Silly. They won’t engage us in the first place if that’s really going happen.

 

“It’s not about marriage between two girls, you know. It’s about marriage between Eastbrook and Korea’s number one chemical company, a merger between two giant corporations. Stocks will rocket up to the skies. You know nothing about business, do you?”

 

“Well, business isn’t really my thing. I’d rather work in your company as a research scientist,” she replied with a sheepish smile.

 

“You can only work in Sooji if you’re a licensed chemist, babo.”

 

“But I am.” She pulled her wallet out excitedly and pulled out her chemist license ID.

 

An heir to a hotel chain is a chemist?

 

“You didn’t take an MBA?” I asked her, surprised.

 

“Why would I? It’s not like I’m going to run our company when I have my precious sister who’s ready to take all the responsibilities. What about you? Are you still studying?”

 

“I-I’m on my third year in Hult Business School.”

 

“You’re just forced to do it right?” she said with a frown.

 

I just forced a smile and continued drinking my milk tea. I didn’t want to talk about her about my dream since I knew it was useless. To be a fashion designer, make my own brand, open a boutique in Cheongdamdong, it’s a strange dream for the only heir of Sooji Chemicals. But for Liu Yiyun, it wasn’t impossible and she earned my respect for that.

 

If only I could make my father hire her in Sooiji Research, I would. She looked smart and her passion to be a scientist was evident with the way she talked about it. We talked more for a while mostly about Sooji Chemicals until we decided to go back to the hotel. She accompanied me until my driver came to pick me up.

 

“Liu Yiyun-shi, thank you for tonight,” I told her through the window of my car.

 

“Nah, don’t mention it. And don’t worry about it too much. I’ll handle it.”

 

Could she be referring to our engagement?

 

“Suzy-shi, follow your dreams from now on, okay? Hwaiting!” *wink*

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Maybe it all started with that wink.

 

Should I really follow my dream, Yiyun-shi? Now that my dream is to be with you?