Yulsic Wedding Part 1

Bridging Gaps

A/N: Jess. 3

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

My life has been such a whirlwind since I met Kwon Yuri, the person who made me feel different emotions, who never failed to make my heart flutter all the time, who could be randomly stupid just to make me smile; the person who offered me her whole heart and took mine as well; the person whom I would gladly fight for even against my family; the only person whom I wanted to spend forever with. Yuri's the most thoughtful, most loving, most gentle--

 

“Damn! Answer the phone you stupid son of a !”

 

Well she's a gentle person alright, just don't piss her off.

 

“Seobang, will you stop walking back and forth and just take a seat? I'm starting to get dizzy,” I complained. Yuri did stop walking and checked her phone for the thousandth time.

 

“Where the hell is that stupid dinosaur?! Baby, do you think she’s coming? I can’t believe she’s going to ditch me!”

 

“Yah, at least it's not me who's going to ditch you!” I sighed. I was looking forward to see Amber today too. It's been months since we last saw her and though I knew that she's on the process of moving on, she should at least show up and fulfil her promise. “Don't worry, seobang. Amber will come. She promised, right?”

 

But it didn't help to comfort Yuri, she still looked troubled about Amber ditching her. “The wedding’s about to start in an hour! Amber isn’t someone that we can just replace! You know that too, Sica.”

 

“I know, I know. But please calm down. She’s our friend, she will come for sure.”

 

Still hysterical, Yuri walked out of the waiting room trying to contact Amber on the phone. Just in time she left, my sister entered the room.

 

“What’s wrong with Kwon Yuri?” she asked.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that you should at least call her ‘unnie’? She’s going to be your sister-in-law, Krys. Please don’t be like this.” I told her.

 

“Like I care, unnie.”

 

“Krystal, please. Just today, act like you’re really happy for us.”

 

It wasn't the first time that I asked that favour from Krystal but my sister never granted my request. She made me feel her disapproval towards my marriage to Yuri until the very last minute.

 

“But I’m not happy, unnie.”

 

“Krystal!” My sister was really getting on my nerves with her rudeness but I had to understand that she's a different person now. Arguing with her was just a waste of time.

 

“Okay. I’m happy for you. Very very very happy,” she replied sarcastically before walking out of the room.

 

I wish you remember everything and go back to the Krystal we used to know.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

“I swear I'm going to kill you if you don't pick this up, Liu,” I muttered to myself as I listened to the non-stop ringing from the other line.

 

“Excuse me, one more platter of fried chicken please!”

 

My attention was diverted to the owner of that familiar irritating voice. There was the living bamboo sitting alone at one of the reception tables, surrounded by several empty platters.

 

“Aigoo, how dare you eat at my wedding when you almost ruined my relationship with Sica baby three years ago?” I greeted her, setting aside my phone for a while.

 

“Take note, it’s your stupid brain’s fault, not mine. And oh didn’t I set you up together outside that bar a year ago? I think it’s enough to let me eat extra today,” Choi Sooyoung replied with a smirk.

 

This girl really had the nerve.

 

“Aish. Whatever! Ahjushi, give her five platters more!”

 

Well, it's true that she played the crucial part in making me and Sica get back together. But the handcuffs were really unnecessary.

 

I left Sooyoung in her fried chicken heaven to try calling Amber once again. Surprisingly my phone rang and it was an incoming call from Amber herself.

 

“Yah, where the hell are you?!”

 

“Just arrived in front of the hotel,” she said from the other line. My heart finally felt at ease as I heard Amber's reply.

 

“Really? Wait for me at the lobby. I’m coming.”

 

I was too excited to see my good old buddy once again that I sort of flew towards the hotel lobby. It didn't took me a minute to find my best man who welcomed me with wide arms as soon as she saw me.

 

“Oh my god, I thought you're not coming!” I hugged her like I found my long lost sibling as we jumped like kids out of excitement. I complimented her designer suit that surely had cost triple the value of the white tuxedo I was wearing. “Yah, you look extra handsome today. Don't tell me you're still planning to hit on--

 

“Uh, Yul. I want you to meet someone.”

 

Just when I noticed the presence of a girl in white cocktail dress who could trump any other girl in attendance of my wedding. The bangs of her long black hair fell on her face but was enough to reveal her beautiful face. The girl looked overall stunning and to be honest, she looked good together with Amber. BUT Krystal's still the perfect match for her. 

 

This girl looks familiar though. I'm sure I've seen her somewhere.

 

Still trying to figure out where I've seen this girl, Amber started the introduction. “This is my friend, Kwon Yuri who's going for an execution later,” she teased, earning her a slap on the shoulder from me.

 

I offered my hand to the girl, still pondering where I could have possibly met her. She gladly took my gesture and shook hands with me, wearing that million dollar smile on her face.

 

“And Yul, this is Bae Suzy, my girlfriend.”

 

Both me and the goddess beside Amber automatically looked at Amber at the same time. I found their hands glued to each other's as the girl watched Amber's face with hopeful, caring, loving eyes. It seemed like she's really head over heels in love. If only she knew who would be my best man's maid of honour counterpart.

 

Poor Bae Suzy. Tsk tsk.

 

Bae Suzy. Bae Suzy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bae SOOJI?!

 

 

 

 

I nearly gasped upon realizing who the person in front of me was. And her being Amber's girlfriend? Oh dear god, what the hell did just happen?!

 

I traded meaningful looks with Amber and like usual, we connected like mental bluetooth. She wiggled her eyebrows, teasing me even more while I just mentally cursed her for not telling me about her 'girlfriend' before.

 

“B-Bae Suzy of Sooji Chemicals?” I asked, clarifying if what I had in mind was right. And when the girl smiled, I just wanted to grab something within my reach and hit my stupid dino friend with it.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Bae Suzy-shi.” I started bowing non-stop to pay my respect. “Am, you idiot. You didn’t tell me you’re dating my boss’s daughter,” I whispered to my friend who was just smiling at me like an idiot.

 

“Pleased to meet you too, Kwon Yuri-shi. Congratulations on your wedding,” she replied with a bow.

 

“Ah, y-yeah. Thank you, young miss.” I guess I blushed a little.

 

“Just call me ‘Suzy’.” And once again she flashed that smile that could kill nearly half of the guy population in this planet.

 

Bae Suzy turned out to be even way better than how my co-employees describe her. My workmates, including Professor Kyu, they wouldn't stop complimenting the young miss for her beauty and intelligence. And now she's dating this stupid friend of mine? God knows Amber isn't over Krystal yet.

 

“Amber Liu, we really have to drink one on one once I get back from my honeymoon,” I warned my friend who owed me a lot of explanations.

 

“Suz, you heard my friend. She asking me out for a drink,” the llama told her beautiful girlfriend.

 

Suzy just smiled, patted Amber's back and turned to me. “Just don't let Amber drink too much. I'll fire you if something bad happens to her.”

 

* gulp *

 

“I was just kidding.” She giggled.

 

You shouldn't be joking like that Bae Suzy-shi. * sigh *

 

“Yul, please accompany Suzy to the wedding hall. I'll just go find the rest room. I'll be there in a while, don't worry,” Amber said before leaving me awkwardly alone with my boss.

 

“Uh, shall we go now?” I ushered Suzy to the elevator. Silence filled the elevator as we travelled to the fourteenth floor. I didn't know how to start a conversation that Suzy beat me into it.

 

“Kwon Yuri-shi...”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I want to meet Krystal.”

 

Oh dear god.

 

Amber, you idiot, you better get here as fast as you could. I don't want a catfight in my wedding!

 

Amber's POV

 

“Are you sure you’re ready to see her with someone else?”

 

Suzy's bold question a while ago was the same question I kept on asking myself everyday in the last thirteen months. The day finally came and I already had the answer: I am ready. I am ready that when I dreamt about Krystal earlier, I didn't feel anything anymore.

 

I looked at my reflection from the wash area's mirror for the last time. I primped my crumpled suit and lightly touched my bow tie which Suzy personally designed. I smiled, touched by my fiancée’s little gesture. She could be a pain in the sometimes, especially when she nags me about my drinking habits and when I slack off at work, but aside from that, I find her as a sweet and caring friend who would never leave your side. I'm not oblivious of what she really feels for me but I'm glad that she never asked me yet if I feel the same way.

 

Just wait a little bit more, Suz. If everything turns out fine today, maybe we can give it a try.

 

Satisfied with the way I looked, I headed directly to the wedding hall. Suzy must be feeling uneasy with lots of unfamiliar faces around her, I had to keep her companied. But just right outside the venue, I heard familiar voices talking that froze me on where I was standing.

 

“I'm sorry.”

 

Upon hearing that voice, I couldn't feel my heart beating anymore. And when I saw the owner of that angelic voice with arms wrapped around the guy whom I used to trust the most, with the guy's muscled arms enclosing the girl's small body, I surprisingly felt nothing. I didn't feel the pain that I've been fearing all this time, I just felt nothing. Like absolute zero nothing.

 

I faked a cough and walked towards the couple. I caught Minho's attention first and when he saw me, he immediately pulled away from Krystal wearing that priceless expression of horror.

 

“You two get a room. I'll pay for it,” I said, directly looking at Choi Minho's eyes.

 

“A-Amber,” he stuttered. He looked like he had seen a ghost, a ghost of a person haunting his murderer.

 

I ain't no ghost, Minho-yah. But you did take my life away when you took Krystal from me.

 

“At last, Choi Minho,” I faked a smile as I offered him my hand. He was frozen for a while, refusing to shake my hand as he met the death glares I have always wanted to dart at him all this time. It took him a while before he managed to recover from his shock and took my hand.

 

“You're Amber?” I was too lost in a staring competition with Minho that I almost forgot her presence. I let go of Minho's hand and held out my hand unto her.

 

“It's been so long, Krystal-shi.”

 

But when our hands touched after a long time, why did I feel like she didn't want to let go of my hand anymore?