Mildang?

Bridging Gaps

A/N: Hey guys, i missed youuu! ^^

-----------------------

 

Amber's POV

 

From Suzy:

 

Aww. I miss you too. But Jia and Fei made an appointment already. I'll see you tomorrow for breakfast, okay? I love youuuu~

 

“Seriously, Bae Suzy?” Rejected, I pushed back my phone in my jeans pocket and sulked back on my bed, entirely dismissing the idea of a lunch date with Suzy. It's been a week since Yulsic's wedding and even though Suzy acted like everything's alright, I knew she's still upset with me. I wanted to make it up to her somehow but she always had her reasons.

 

“Shall I cancel again the reservation, my lord?” Yixing told me in that annoying playful tone after my third rejection in a row from Suzy. He dismissed the Harper's Bazaar that he was reading and turned to me with a mocking smile.

 

“Yixing, what the hell did I do wrong?” I asked, worried. It was the first time that my fiancée had 'ignored' me for nearly a week, it must be serious.

 

“Don't ask me. You know it better than I do,” he answered nonchalantly and went back flipping magazine pages, a High Cut this time.

 

I know. She's jealous with Krystal.

 

“But why? I just brought an unconscious girl to the hospital--

 

“And she's not just any other girl. She's Krystal.”

 

dugeun dugeun

dugeun dugeun

 

My heart really had the habit of pumping blood faster than the usual in any thing concerning my ex-girlfriend. Maybe because that's how my body had gotten used to respond to such reflexes. It didn't mean anything, I was certain of that. Krystal was just another used to be.

 

Yixing gazed at me, measuring my reaction upon the mention of that name. I saw how he smirked like he just read my mind.

 

“Whatever you say, you still care about Krystal...”

 

dugeun dugeun

dugeun dugeun

 

“...a lot however you're just afraid to find out that it might not have been really over for you so...”

 

Before he could continue his statement, his face was already hit straight by a pillow that slightly ruined his fringy hairstyle. I immediately received an irritated look from him as he fixed his hair through the front cam of his phone right after.

 

“There are really lots of things that you have to realize...”

 

Yixing was starting once again that I had to cut him off.

 

“You're talking too much. Why don't you find out where Suzy and her friends are so I could come and pull out a surprise for her?” I told him. Though we had established more of a friendship than an employer-employee relationship, work was still the only thing that would shut Zhang Yixing up.

 

“She's probably relaxing and catching up with her friends that she hadn't seen for a year, why would you want to ruin the fun?” he said before turning to me with a spiked hairstyle, more like of a bedhair, that didn't suit his style.

 

“I miss her, you know.” I sighed. Suzy and I had only three days remaining before we go back to our own lives; she would continue the last term of her MBA while I would go back in being the good daughter of my father by working day and night for Eastbrook's expansion to Europe. And three days was barely enough time for me to make it up to her.

 

“You're just bored. I suggest you go out with your friends as well. Do you want me to reserve a noraebang for you? A resort? A ski lodge? A golf course?”

 

That's something that I had to praise about my secretary, he was never running out of options. It's true that I was bored but I had no plans of hanging out with my friends, Donghae hyung and the others wouldn't stop bugging me about everything that happened. And besides, I didn't want to upset Suzy even more.

 

“Or...just accept the dinner invitation of the Kwons,” Yixing stated with that annoying smile plastered all over his face. I cursed him mentally for reminding me about it.

 

Yuri had been flooding my inbox for three days already, asking me to spend some time with them just like the old days. She came up with a lot of reasons, from wanting to show me their honeymoon pictures in Macau, then bragging about their house's new granite countertops; in the end it turned out that Jessie noona just wanted to thank me for saving her precious little sister through a simple dinner. For that reason, there's no way I was going to accept their dinner invitation.

 

“I'm going out.”

 

Finally having an idea of how I would kill some time, I grabbed my backpack and stuffed a pair of gym shorts, a freshly folded plain white tee together with my wallet and a bottle of Pocari.

 

“Where are you going?” Yixing asked, surprised that I was finally going out of my hotel room. I just grinned at him and went straight for the door.

 

Since I started working for Eastbrook, I barely had the time to hit the gym, run for a while or play some sports unlike back in college when Minho and I used to stretch some muscles by playing basketball or baseball. Maybe I really should start working out again or else I might lose my toned arms and abs. But this time I would just shoot some hoops at the usual place.

 

The trip to Seoul University was just a fifteen-minute drive from Eastbrook Seoul and I pulled off at the university carpool as soon as I arrived. It didn't also take long for me to finally stand in front of my college department after three years. I had to praise the building's new facade and that silver 'Institute of Chemistry' lettering which gave a classy touch to the old building.

 

Being able to visit my old college once again brought back a lot of memories including the ones I shared with Krystal. The time when she purposely dropped by my classroom's window just to send me flying kisses and throw hearts at me, when we sneaked in between classes to the little park tucked behind IC just to cuddle; now they're nothing but memories of an old flame.

 

How could you forget the good times, Krys?

 

Inside the car, I changed into shorts and into my old pair of basketball shoes. It really felt refreshing to wear those clothes and though my shoes were a little worn out, they still felt comfortable. I was hyped up as I jogged towards the outside court located near the Freedom Field, stretching my arms and legs from time to time. When I finally reached the court, I was surprised not to find the crowd that I was expecting. Back in my college days, students would flock around the court to watch and bet on their bias teams.

 

There only was this guy who was playing all by himself, performing a series of lay ups and hook shots. I couldn't recognize the guy from afar because I wasn't wearing my glasses and his face was somehow being covered by the hood of his grey jacket. Eager to find an opponent just for thrill, I silently walked until I was right behind him, swiftly stole the ball that he was dribbling and flawlessly shot it in the ring from the three-point line.

 

“Nice shot,” he told me. I turned to him and both our eyes widened upon finally recognizing each other. It seemed like I was looking in front of the mirror because of our great resemblance.

 

“Jjong!”

 

“Ambro?”

 

Jonghyun attacked me with a brotherly hug and I patted him back. I was glad to see one of my good friends too especially the one that everyone had always mistook as my twin brother. He still looked the same dino Jjong as before but there's something different about him, he looked...lonely? Well, maybe because I found him lively and youthful everytime he was with Key.

 

“Jjong, how are you? How's K--

 

“Hey, let's save the how-are-yous later and show me your skills first,” he said before running to pick up the ball and passed it to me.

 

I started dribbling the ball in place as Jonghyun made his stance. “Let's race to 10, shall we?” Though I had become rusty when it came to sports, I still challenged Jonghyun. There wouldn't be fun without thrill after all.

 

I knew he was sporty because of his body built but I never expected him to be that good. His moves were slick, his shooting accuracy was great, I shouldn't have put up a game against him. Not to mention my lack of exercise took up all my chances of winning. It wasn't even halfway when I started catching for my breath. The outcome? Of course it's a big loss for me.

 

“Aigoo, is that all you've got?” he told me as we both slumped at the center of the court out of tiredness. I just laughed his bragging off and drank a gulp of Pocari before throwing him the bottle. “I didn't know you would lose big time, Ambro. I should have asked for the terms of this game in the first place.”

 

“How about I treat you some ddeokbokki for losing the game?”

 

“Sounds good. But soju would be more perfect.”

 

Jjong was right, nothing would be more perfect than soju for a boring evening. After resting for several minutes, we decided to leave the court that used to be a part of my college life. I surely would go back to this place again but I wasn't so sure when could that be.

 

As soon as we got to the carpool, my mind had already thought of countless excuses if ever Jonghyun asked about my car. I had to silently curse Yixing for making me drive a Mercedes, using Suzy's convenience as an excuse for me to use it. I totally forgot that I hadn't told my friends about my family and the betrothal I got involved in. Who would have thought that I would meet Jonghyun today? But before I could say anything, he had already beaten me into it.

 

“Wow, I didn't expect you to be really ungodly rich,” he said, eyeing the sedan in awe while revolving around it. I was a bit surprised by his comment especially when he walked back towards me and patted my shoulder after. “Minho accidentally told Taemin and me when we asked for your whereabouts after you know...but don't worry, we won't treat you indifferently just because of that,” he assured me with a smile.

 

I returned his smile but with a forced one, uneasy of the topic. “So how's Taem? I've never heard of him since that night,” I said as I entered the driver's seat while Jonghyun took the passenger seat.

 

“Well, Taemin is busy raking money from his job these days. He got a ridiculously high offer from a Japanese construction firm,” Jjong told me while buckling his seatbelt.

 

“That's good. What about you?”

 

I started the car and slowly drove off to the campus gates, while Jonghyun started talking about how he was struggling in his fifth year as an actuarial science major. Well, I couldn't blame him; it was a difficult course after all.

 

As soon as we reached the gates, I immediately saw the humble pojangmacha that would always remind me of how crazily in love I was with Krystal Jung to drink like it was the end of the world. Remembering such times still brought smile upon my face.

 

“Do you know, Key and I had a good drink at this place before. We drank until we passed out,” I told Jjong as we sat on one of the vacant tables.

 

“Ah, jinja?” It's unusual of him not to talk too much now when he was all talk just a while ago. Maybe he really was hungry.

 

“Ahjumma, two orders ddeokbokki please!” I yelled.

 

“And a bottle of soju too!” It was Jjong this time.

 

After a minute, the ahjumma came with our orders. It was the same ahjumma from before that I suddenly wanted to hide under the table. Good thing she didn't recognize me.

 

“Here, drink up. Let's drink until we pass out too.” It seemed like Jjong wasn't hungry but was thirsty instead that he had already removed the soju cap and started filling our glasses. He offered me a glass and raised his own for a toast. “Let's cheers to success in love and life.”

 

“Cheers.”

 

It was only my first shot but the face of an angry Bae Suzy was already haunting me. She would be upset if she found out that I was drinking without telling her.

 

Aish, I wouldn't be here if she chose me over her friends anyway.

 

“Jjong, how's Key? You haven't mentioned him since earlier.” Jonghyun definitely hadn't talked about his beloved boyfriend yet. But when he took another full shot and looked at the bowl of ddeokbokki blankly, I already knew that there was something wrong. “Hey, you can tell me.”

 

“He's fine. He better be fine,” he uttered.

 

“Why would you say that?”

 

Jonghyun looked at me with eyes full of loneliness. He always had looked like a tough guy physically but this time with tears on the verge of breaking from his eyes, I had the chance to see how emotional he could be.

 

“He broke up with me, bro. He broke up with me to date a girl.”

 

Key's POV

 

“Kim Kibum!”

 

Already recognizing her voice, I didn't have to turn anymore to see who it was. For five days in a row, at this time of the day, Krystal would find me in this milk tea shop, working on my scripts while waiting for my 'girlfriend'. Most of the time they would come together but I was just thankful this time that Krystal came alone and didn't bring Jiyoung with her.

 

“What now?”

 

“Minho oppa just asked me out this weekend. I knew he wouldn't last a single day without me anymore. Mwahaha!”

 

Krystal greeted me for the past few days with every update about her break up with Choi Minho and today was no different. As usual, I pretended to hear nothing and continued clattering my fingers on my laptop's keyboard. But I had to admit that I was happy when I heard that she broke up with Minho; we all knew that she would always belong to only one person.

 

“You know what that means, right? We're getting back together soon! Yay!” she happily sat opposite me and started spazzing like crazy.

 

But I gave the slightest care about it. There were more important things to do than listen to her dramatic love story and that included finishing the first draft of my script due on the end of the week which was just three days away.

 

“Key.”

 

“WHAT?!” I finally turned to Krystal, irritated.

 

“Aigoo, you're worse than a girl having her period with that temper of yours. Nothing, I forgot what I was going to tell you.” Krystal smirked before getting busy with her phone and left me hanging after getting my attention. I just sighed and held my irritation inside.

 

The most annoying part of Krystal's new personality was her immaturity. It really tested my patience, I felt like I was taking care of a three-year old kid. But no matter how tired I was and how much I wanted leave her side, I just couldn't. She's still my long-time bestfriend and I promised myself that I would look after her until Amber claims her back.

 

I just never thought that in exchange of my friendship with Krystal, I would lose the most important person in my life.

 

“Ah, I remember now. Jiyoung said that she's looking forward to your 100th day together. When is that again?”

 

So it's been almost a hundred days already, huh?

 

“I don't know.” Seriously, I had no idea. I wasn't excited about it either.

 

To avoid Krystal's scary glare, I turned my attention to my half-full choco hazelnut bubble milk tea, emptying the cup followed by a long burp.

 

Krystal looked at me, disgusted. “I still don't get why you love milk tea so much. There's nothing extraordinary with the taste.”

 

“In your previous life, you would kill for a can of Tejava milk tea but then again I didn't ask why you love milk tea.”

 

“Jinja? I must be really weird back then.”

 

I mentally reminded noted myself not to entertain Krystal anymore and went back editing my script. At last I found peace when she plugged in her earphones and started tapping her phone screen, must be playing SMTown Superstar again. I was at peace for another thirty minutes until the table vibrated along with my phone. The caller's name flashed on the screen left me frozen.

 

Kim Jonghyun calling...

 

The phone kept vibrating until the backlights dimmed, a sign that the call ended. I was torn inside; I wanted to return his call, to tell him that I didn't want these things to happen, to ask him for a little more time because everything will be alright as soon as Krystal's memory comes back, to say that I still love him too, so much.

 

My heart was slowly breaking into pieces as I watched his name again on the screen, calling for the second, third and fourth time. I could have answered it right away but my mind trumped my heart and just let his name topped my missed call logs.

 

“Answer it if it's Jiyoung.” Krystal surprised me when she talked all of a sudden that I almost dropped my phone. My nervous look must have made her suspicious that her attention was diverted towards me. “Or is it Jonghyun?”

 

“A-Anniyo. I didn't know who it was.” It hurt me that I still had to lie about Jonghyun towards her when I already had broken up with him and dated Jiyoung just because of her.

 

“Really? Because if it's still your dinosaur ex-boyfriend, you would have to let me talk to him,” Krystal said, with all due seriousness. She was even eyeing my phone, waiting for me to reveal who the caller really was.

 

And when my phone started vibrating again, my heart started beating like crazy as Krystal's interest with my phone started to grow. I silently prayed to the good heavens for the call not to be from Jonghyun and I was surprised when the gods heard my prayer.

 

“It's an unknown number, see. I don't even know why I have to explain to you,” I told Krystal, annoyed by her actions. Without further hesitation, I answered the call in front of her. “Yoboseyo?”

 

Jjong is pretty drunk but he still wants to see you. Tell me what should I do.”

 

That cold husky voice, I couldn't have just misidentified it, right?

 

“Amber? Is that you? When did you come back?” I wanted to ask her a lot of questions but Krystal's presence prevented me to do so.

 

Uh, yeah. I attended Yuri's wedding last week and...”

 

“So it's the llama.” I saw how Krystal rolled her eyes as I looked back at her in disbelief. Then Kryber must have met already in Yulsic's wedding! Aish.

 

“Amber Liu, why am I the last person to know?! Where the hell are you?” I heard her laugh from the other line as I started stuffing my things carelessly inside my bag. Jjong must be really drunk since he chose to drink with Amber, he wouldn't last long with his weak alcohol tolerance.

 

At the pojangmacha near the campus, Key. See you in a while. Bye.”

 

I was really in a hurry that I almost went out forgetting something.

 

Or someone.

 

“Jung Soo Jung, you have to go with me.”

 

Krystal's POV

 

I was dead tired after a no-break rehearsal, but where on earth did I get the strength to run along with Key to meet that stupid llama? With Key looking this excited, they must be pretty close. Oh well, they're both gay so yeah, they're undeniably close.

 

That left me wondering if I was the only person who's not friends with her. I couldn't tell it with Amber being one hell of a confusing person by making me feel mildang in less than a day that we had been together. There were times when she would smile at me genuinely; she even comforted me when Sica unnie pledged her vows with Kwon Yuri. But then again, she would talk to me in that cold mocking tone featuring those irritating smirks. Still however if not for that jerk, I might had been unconsciously washed away by the waves of Jeju. Today's a good opportunity to thank her at least.

 

“Krystal!” It was Key who saved my brain from thinking stupid things. His voice sounded coming from afar and only by that moment did I realize that he had already stopped. “Slow down a bit, will you? It's not like you're in a hurry to see Amber,” he managed to say in between heavy breathings.

 

“Wh-Why would I want to see that llama? Yah, Kim Kibum. I'm doing you a favor here; I'm letting you see Jonghyun even if I know that Jiyoung would be upset.” Key was being ridiculous; I wasn't in hurry, it's just that he's slower than a sick snail. Why would I want to see Amber anyway?

 

“Tell me, Krystal. Do you really not recognize her?” he asked with that unusual seriousness all over his comical face.

 

“Why? Is she that important for me to remember her?”

 

To be very honest, I couldn't put into words what I felt about Amber when we first met. Was it just because I found her charming at first or there really was a strong connection between us? But why?

 

Key laughed out loudly for the first time since forever and put an arm around my shoulders. “Let's walk faster, Krys. I can't wait to punch Amber in the face.”

 

I gave him a why-would-you-do-that kind of look that he just returned with a toothy smile that never left his face since then.

 

It didn't take long until we reached the humble pojangmacha that Key was talking about. It was the same place where Sica unnie would ask me to buy her ddeokbokki cravings and was usually full of university students drinking after classes; I guess Kim Jonghyun was one of those drunkards because seriously, how could a man of right age be irresponsible enough to get drunk and bother other people to take him home? Ugh.

 

“Jjong! Amber!”

 

Oh god, the llama is really here.

 

It was Key who found them first that my wondering eyes only followed his direction. At the farthest table from the food stand was the passed out Jonghyun whose head was leaning on the table. Sitting across him was Amber whom I almost didn't recognize for the reason that she looked ruggedly y in a plain white tee and basketball shorts with her fringy hair spiked up in a mess.

 

“Amber! Oh my god, it's really you!” Key had just turned into the diva that he used to be when he dramatically jumped into Amber's arms and hung onto her like a clingy koala. “Yah, being dumped isn't too bad. How can you just disappear like that?”

 

Wait, what? Amber got dumped?

 

With that forced smile drawn across her face, it must be for real. Kim Kibum's sharp tongue just made his friend uneasy for the first time they met after a long time that I actually felt sorry for Amber. So what if she got dumped? She wouldn't meet a beautiful fiancée if it wasn't for that breakup.

 

I remained invisible from the two until Key finally broke away from Amber and attended his ex-boyfriend. That moment, Amber's eyes connected with mine and the remaining smile upon her face faded.

 

Krystal, say 'hi'.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.”

 

Smile a bit, not too much.

 

I did give her a warm smile, she's my saviour after all. But Amber, being the arrogant person she was, totally ignored my greeting and walked towards Jonghyun and Key.

 

“Why don't you take Jonghyun home first?” Amber already got Jonghyun on his feet and put his arm around Key's neck to support him.

 

“But Am, let's meet again right after, okay?” I heard Key told her, sounding so serious about it. Amber just flashed one of her charming smiles and searched for something from Key's pockets, drawing the latter's mobile phone from his jacket pocket. She typed in something, her number maybe, then returned it to Key who was busy wiping Jonghyun's face with his handkerchief.

 

“Call me anytime tomorrow. There's just something that I need to fix tonight,” Amber said, but why was she darting glares at me when she said that?

 

“Ah, arra arra. You really have to start fixing 'things'. I'll see you tomorrow.” Key turned to me then, smiling like a fool even he's obviously struggling with Jonghyun's weight. “Krystal, call me when you got home.” Then they left.

 

Kim Kibum, how could you leave me alone with this jerk?

 

I couldn't believe I let Key get away with Jonghyun easily, leaving me alone and awkward with Amber. Ottoke? I didn't even know what to say! And what if my friends see us together? Aish.

 

But before I could think of anything else, I felt something cold in contact with my right wrist and it took my brain a while to process that it was Amber's hand.

 

“Y-Yah, where are you taking me?” I croaked upon the realization that Amber was dragging me to a less populated area. She remained dead silent until we reached a dark alley and that's when my heart began pounding like crazy. Fear started to eat my heart out for some reason but I chose to trust Amber this time. She wouldn't dare to harm me, she knew Sica unnie would kill her.

 

“A-Amber-shi, what are we doing here?” I tried once again. There was no response, not a single word but a deep sigh instead. She freed my hand at last and stepped back, her eyes continuing to freeze me on where I stood.

 

“It's dark in here, nobody would see you being with a person like me.” Her first statement left me dumbfounded. How could she possibly know my worries? I was sure I didn't mention something about it earlier.

 

“What do you want?” I tried to put up a fiercer image to hide my guilt of what she had just stated.

 

“I should be the one asking you that, Krystal-shi. What do you really want?” Amber sounded so pissed no matter how hard she tried to fake a calm tone.

 

“Oh c'mon, you're wasting my precious time. Just spill what you have to say and I'm out of here.” Oh I really had to get out of here, I couldn't stand her cold stares any longer.

 

“Why did you force Key to break up with Jonghyun?”

 

Did she just accuse me of something that I didn't do? The nerve!

 

“Excuse me, but--

 

“How could you ruin such a beautiful couple just because they don't meet your definition of a relationship, huh Krystal? Did they bother you that much to the point that you drove Key into breaking up with Jjong?!”

 

“B-But Jiyoung--

 

I wanted to argue, defend my stand and slap her the fact that they're all wrong; but how else could I speak when Amber's face was just an inch away that any wrong movement could make our lips brush each other's.

 

“Jiyoung? That Kang Jiyoung again? Don't tell me Key's new girlfriend is that b*tch? I swear I'm going to kill her.” How Amber happened to know Jiyoung and what she meant by 'That Kang Jiyoung again?', those things just triggered my curiosity about her even more.

 

When Amber finally shut up and seemed to be thinking deeply, I took it as the chance to rebutt.

 

“Yes, it bothers me. A lot. Stop acting like you're right when you're clearly the wrong one here. No matter what you do, people like you won't fit in this society,” I told her. The moonlight made the change of Amber's expression visible, I swear I saw a glint of pain in her eyes. I wanted to retract but there seemed to be no point in turning back. “Key is someone whom I value dearly, he's my guy bestfriend. I don't want him to be ostracised by our colleagues just because he's dating another guy. Same goes for Sica unnie, but she was too hard-headed to listen to me.”

 

Amber just shook her head lightly and stepped back. “You know what, Krystal? You might have a pretty face but you have a stupid narrow mind. I'm just wasting my precious time here, I'm going then.”

 

“Stupid narrow mind?! Yah, don't you dare turn your back on me! You might have saved me once but I won't let you belittle me!” I marched right after Amber who walked even faster, increasing the gap between us. It didn't take long until she disappeared in the crowd of night market goers.

 

I lost count of how many times had I cursed Amber in my mind on my way to the nearest bus station. But that llama seemed really to bring nothing but bad luck as rain started pouring down.

 

“Amber Liu, you bastard,” I mumbled as I ran for shelter towards the nearby shed. It was getting late, I had to go home or else Sica unnie would kill me. But thanks to that stupid Amber, I was stuck in a waiting shed far away from civilization and was left with no choice but wait until the rain stops because I left my umbrella at the auditorium this afternoon.

 

Stupid Krystal Jung, how could you even think that a devil like Amber Liu was doing mildang to you? She might be nice sometimes but she's a complete jerk.

 

I was beginning to feel cold since my thin flannel jacket was soaked. The more it got colder, the more curses I was associating with Amber's name inside my mind. It was entirely her fault! I would have to tell Sica unnie about her.

 

* beep beep *

 

The blinding headlight of an upcoming car flashed straight to my face that I had to cover my eyes for a while. After uncovering my eyes, I found this black Mercedes parked in front of the waiting shed. I kept my fingers crossed, hoping that it was someone I knew who happened to pass by.

 

But to my surprise, the passenger window of the car rolled down and revealed Devil Liu on the driver's seat.

 

“Get in.” Ugh, how dare she talk to me authoritatively. How annoying.

 

“No thanks, I'm actually waiting for someone,” I lied.

 

Amber didn't give up and went out of the car instead. Her clothes were dripping wet; she must be shivering too.

 

“Get back inside the car, it's raining!”

 

Amber seemed to hear nothing when she ran towards the shed and covered me with a thick warm grey trench coat, making sure my head and body were completely covered. Without words, she opened the car's passenger seat and motioned me inside. I didn't protest anymore and even opened the driver's door for her. Amber grabbed a backpack from the backseat and rummaged through the stuff inside, tossing me a dry towel after.

 

“Dry your hair,” she said without meeting my gaze, obviously still mad about earlier. But why was she still helping? Did she really come back to pick me up?

 

As much as I didn't like the idea, I had to admit that I was a little bit touched. Setting things aside, I had to thank her at least.

 

“A-Amber-shi--

 

“Yuri and Jessie invited me for dinner, so don't think of this as a friendly gesture,” Amber stated coldly before starting the engine and driving off.

 

Ha. Mildang my . There's nothing to expect from this jerk anyway.