When Past Meets Present

Bridging Gaps

Author's Note: Guysss! I just finished writing five pages of Sica's POV and this is what I've come up so far. It took me five hours writing this (yeah, that's how long it usually takes) so I hope you appreciate this one.

------------------------

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“Unnie, you look tired. I told you Minho oppa can accompany me to the hospital instead,” Krystal told me as soon as we got home from the hospital. I let my body slump on the sofa, closed my eyes and felt the softness of the couch.

 

“I don’t want to bother another person since I can take care of you,” I simply replied, hiding the sarcasm in my voice.But deep inside, I was cursing that thick-faced creature nonstop for taking advantage of the situation.

 

“But unnie, he’s not just another person. He’s my—

 

“Don’t dare arguing with me, little Jung,” I glared at her. Krystal looked annoyed more than ever that she returned my glare and an icy staring contest started between us.

 

“Unnie! You’re too much! Why do you treat Minho oppa like this? Last time he came over, you didn’t even utter a word to him. You didn’t even invite him for dinner and kept giving him a cold treatment. What the hell is your problem with him?” Krystal retorted.

 

That guy is basically the problem, Krys!

 

“I just don’t like him.”

 

“And what? You like someone like Kwon Yuri? Unnie, seriously, you need to see a doctor. Something’s wrong with you. You can’t—

 

“SHUT UP!”

 

Krystal looked at me wide-eyed, surprised by my sudden outburst. I just lost it. I was too tired of hearing Krystal saying those things over and over again. These past three months may have been literally hell for me but I was coping up because Yuri has been there with me through it all. But Krystal couldn’t see that, all she could see was our wrongful relationship.

 

“U-Unnie, d-did you just yell at me because of her?”

 

I sighed, calming my nerves down a little. Though Krystal has changed since she lost her memories of the last five years, she’s still my one and only sister.

 

“You’re going overboard, Krystal.You have no idea what’s going on right now so please, just shut the hell up. I’m tired of this, Krys.Please give me a break,” I told her before walking towards the front door. “I don’t care if you’re dating Choi Minho as long as you’re happy but don’t you ever compare my Yuri to someone like him.”And I walked out. It was the least thing I could do to avoid further argument with Krystal. I didn’t want to hear her talk about Minho anymore. It was just painful. And someone must be in greater pain right now. Amber.

 

It was not too long ago since Minho talked to me about Krystal. If every curse is equivalent to a stab, that bastard would probably be dead by now. He just told Krystal that he’s her boyfriend, totally replacing Amber in my sister’s life!

 

You can’t blame me for treating Minho like that, Krys. He even deserves worse.

 

But why of all people does it have to be Choi Minho?

 

That guy is worse than any existing parasite in this world! I mean, how could he do something horrible as this? Snatching his bestfriend’s girlfriendby altering their memories and replacing Amber with him? Krystal thinks that he’s really her boyfriend before everything that happened! Does he even have a conscience? It’s not like he’s just an ordinary friend to Amber. She cherishes him like her own brother! How dare he do this to her?!

 

However, I couldn’t interfere anymore. Though Krystal used to be the happiest with Amber, it was enough for me to see her smile after she found out about Yunhooppa’s death and her traumatic accident. Even if those smilesmean tears to someone else.

 

Amber, are you alright with this? Will you just let Minho take your place in Krystal’s life?

 

I decided to unwind by just taking a walk along the streets of Seoul. My feet unconsciously brought me to a certain place which has been memorable to me, the park near the Han River. I could still remember everything.

 

The electric shock I felt when she held my hand as we trace this path, the pink shades on my cheeks when we were mistaken as a couple, the cute dorky smile that made her look stupid but made me blush, the awkwardness between us when she hugged me from behind for a couple shot, the fast speed beat of my heart as she slid that silver ring on my finger, the butterflies in my stomach when I touched her lips with mine. Everything just seems like yesterday.

 

Who would have thought that I have this kind of history with my sister’s girlfriend?

 

I still keep our ring, Amber. It may not symbolize love but I treasure it as much as I treasure the friendship we’ve had.

 

I smiled at the thoughts as I walked a little further at the core of the park. I sat on an empty swing and like a movie, everything turned black and white.

 

A handsome and y tanned girl was dragging a ‘drop-dead gorgeous blonde-haired stylish princess-looking girl with beautiful cold eyes and y smile’ (that’s how she looks like!) until the two arrived at the heart of the park.

 

“Yah, you’re holding me too tight—

 

The blonde girl was trying to hold back but was shut when the other girl suddenly pressed her lips against hers.The kiss somehow woke the sleeping butterflies in her stomach. No, they’re not just butterflies. It was a whole jungle on rampage! After a while, the tanned girl pulled away and left the blonde asking for more.

 

*SLAP*

 

“I-I love you, J-Jessica-shi.”

 

*SLAP*

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

*SLAP* *SLAP*

 

“Love means never having to say you’re sorry. Didn’t you watch Love Rain, Kwon Yuri-shi?”

 

And like magic, everything went back into their original colours except for my cheeks which were probably as red as a tomato then. I laughed silently, remembering how Yuri’s face looked like when she first confessed to me. My girlfriend may look so confident when you first see her, but during that moment in this exact place, she looked like a total idiot, stuttering in front of me.

 

It’s funny how such a cute confession marked the beginning of myrelationship with Yuri. From then on, I started falling in love with her over and over again. That kkabYul is just so sweet that she became the habit that I always crave. I love her, I love her so much. I even asked her to marry me, that’s how crazy I am. But it seemed like our happiness has been put on hold when Krystal met that accident.

 

I quickly pulled out my phone from my coat’s pocket when I realized that I haven’t texted my girlfriend since this afternoon. We were actually planning to go out on a date but I cancelled it on the last minute because Krystal had to see her doctor. It’s not the first time that this happened and I was so sure that Yuri would understand.

 

Only that’s what I thought.

 

From <3 YulSeobang:

What do you expect? That every ‘I love you’ will make me feel better? This is too much, Sica. Just so you know I worked overnight last night for this day off. I thought we could finally spend some time alone together and now what? You’re telling me you can’t go out with me because Krystal doesn’t want to see us together? You meant it that way, right? Fine, do what you want. I won’t give a about it anymore. PS: Don’t call me, Krystal won’t like it.

 

My heart shattered upon reading the text. It was sent five hours ago and I only read it now. I automatically dialled her number to call her but to my disappointment, she wasn’t answering.

 

Yuri must be thinking that I don’t care. No, no. You can’t think like that, Kwon Yuri.

 

Tears were threatening to fall as I left the park and hailed a taxi. I didn’t stop dialling her number, hoping that she would pick up. I panicked. She wouldn’t leave me again, right? *sigh*

 

Yuri-ah, please don’t be like this. Please pick up the phone.

 

I was almost at her apartment when my phone suddenly rang.

 

Kwon Yuri calling…

 

“Yuri-ah! Where are you? I’m sorry—

 

“Yoboseyo? Are you a friend of Kwon Yuri-shi?” I was a surprised when I heard a guy’s voice from the other line. I looked again at the screen to check who the caller was, it was really Yuri’s number.

 

“I-I’m her girlfriend. Who’s this? Did something happen to her?” I asked, obviously worried.

 

“Ah, as expected for the first speed dial,” the guy chuckled. “Well, Kwon Yuri-shi just got crazily drunk and passed out with her friend. Please pick her up. I don’t know what to do with them.”

 

Them? Who the hell is she drinking with this time?!

 

Thoughts of Yuri being surrounded by those ty girls like last time started swarming inside my mind. I tried to push the thoughts away, especially the face of that who was making out with Yuri in Rally Point before.

 

“Tell me where they are!” I said, oblivious of how I raised my voice.

 

“Ah, nae. It’s a restobar located in Sinsadong called Tresto.”

 

Aish, who did she go out with this time? That place is special to us!

 

Ready to kill yet worried about my girlfriend, I asked the taxi driver to take me to Sinsadong. I found Yuri’s car parked outside the bar, a sign that she was really there. I immediately walked towards the entrance where I coincidentally grabbed the knob at the same time as someone else.

 

There was another girl, a not so ordinary looking girl. She looked a little bit above average, no, she’s beautiful for Pete’s sake, why can’t I just admit it. She was giving off this sophisticated vibe, as expected from a girl who was wearing a Jimmy Choo, she might be filthy rich. We traded looks for a while, measuring each other’s reaction. She looked like she wanted to enter the place ahead of me. Her worried face and pleading eyes said it all.

 

Oh no, you won’t. I will go in first.

 

I had to praise the girl’s quick pick up as she immediately understood what I’ve been telling her silently. Leaving the girl behind, I entered the place and my eyes started searching for my girlfriend. It wasn’t hard at all to locate her because the place was unusually empty for a Saturday night.

 

“Yuri-ah!” I easily recognized Yuri sitting by the counter with her back on me, left arm extended on the counter table, her head resting on her arm like a pillow, tongue showing out while sleeping.

 

Seobang, how can you get drunk and sleep like this in public?

 

“I’m sorry to bother you, miss. I just don’t know how to send them home,” the young bartender told me before placing two mobile phones on the table and excused himself for the kitchen.

 

“Yuri-ah, can you hear me?” I was busy touching her cheek gently that I didn’t care much about theother person right across Yuri, head buried deep within the arms.

 

The pretty girl from the bar entrance just came looking extremely worried. She went straight towards the counter to attend the other person. I watched how the girl lovingly caressed the back of the other person’s head like it was the most delicate thing.

 

She must be Yuri’s friend’s girlfriend. It’s funny that this person looks like Amber from behind.

 

“Yiyun, let’s go.”

 

Did I hear it right? Yiyun? Did she just say Yiyun??

 

“Wait, what did you just say?” Dying to know if I heard it correctly, I rushed towards the girl and carefully pulled the other sleeping person’s head. To my surprise, it was really my ex-assistant, my past love, my sister’s beloved girlfriend.

 

“Amber! Oh my god,” I uttered unconsciously upon recognizing her. I cupped her cheeks, brushing her bruised handsome face with my thumb. I wanted to cry upon seeing how thin Amber’s face had become, she looked so weary.

 

Where have you been? What happened? Where did you get these cuts from?

 

I had lots of questions running inside my head that I totally forgot about the other girl until she pulled Amber away from me and assisted her to stand.

 

“Who are you?” she asked in a rather cold tone without looking at me. The way she touched Amber intimately made me raise an eyebrow. If there’s someone to ask that question, it must be me.

 

“No, who are you? And where are you taking that llama?” I asked, still watching how she struggled to pull Amber up and wrapped her arms around Amber’s waist. I wasn’t pleased at all when the girl ignored my question and attempted to bring Amber with her.

 

You can’t take that llama away now that I found her!

 

My hand move automatically to stop the girl’s wrist. She sighed and turned her head to face me.

 

“Miss, I think you should take care of the other girl. I’ll bring Yiyun home,” she said, reminding me of my girlfriend who was still in a deep sleep.

 

Hang in there, Yul. I can’t let this slip away.

 

“Girl, I can’t let you take her away just like that,” I said, glaring at the girl’s sticky hand around Amber’s waist. I didn’t like how close their faces were to each other that I just wanted to snatch my sister’s drunken girlfriend away from the girl.

 

If only the old Krystal can see how you touch her Amber, you’re probably dead by now.

 

“And why is that so? I’m her girlfriend, isn’t it just right for me to take care of her?” she replied, a little confident about her answer.

 

Geez, there are so many thick-faced people nowadays.

 

“Are you sick? That dork is crazily in love with my sister and even proposed marriage to her,” I told her. I should have felt victorious for trumping her but I felt slightly guilty when pain suddenly registered in her eyes. With my statement, the girl involuntarily withdrew her hand from Amber’s waist and carefully sit her back on the bar counter stool.

 

“Ah, arasso. P-Please take care of her…a-and tell her to call me tomorrow morning.” The girl walked away without looking back but my eyes caught how she shed a tear.

 

Miss Jimmy Choo, I don’t know exactly who you are but I feel how much you care. It’s just that you cared for the wrong person.

 

Now llama, you’re going home with me whether you like it or not.

 

-----------------------

A/N: Sorry if this isn't the Jessber chap I promised you last chapter but don't worry, I'm working on it already. Sica's pov continuation on the next chap. I still don't know yet if I will let Krystal see Amber.

And Jimmy Choo is an expensive brand of shoes by the way. xD

 

PS: Again, this is a sequel story. You might as well read Breaking Boundaries first to appreciate sica's thoughts on the Han River park.