Chapter Four

LOST IN A WORLD OF MEMORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

 

(Eight months has passed)

 

“Thank you! Please come again....” Eden smiled as he greeted the customers with his English accent.

 

“You're learning quick, Eden!” My mom shouted to him from the other side of the store. He thumbed up as he glanced at my mom.

 

I walked out from the backroom and took a seat behind the register. “Eden...do you like it here?” I asked as I stared at him, who was counting the monies from customers. He glanced at me and grinned, “I like it here....I can adapt easily...” He continued counting and recording the total in the book. It was getting late as we gathered the items and closing down the store. My mom end up going home first. I pulled down the security bars and locked it with the keys. I turned around as Eden stood there waiting for me to open the car door.

 

“Eden... I don't want to go home yet... Let's talk for a bit out here...” I told him as I sat on a potted brick flower that stretched from one corner to the other corner. He slid his hands in his pocket and sat down next to me.

 

“Eden....has your memory even came back yet?” I asked him, though deep inside I didn't want to.

 

He shook his head and smiled. “Have you ever wonder about who you really are and where you're really from?” I asked him again as I lean back and stared at the sky.

 

“Mollayo (I don't know)...” He spoke. Though seven months has passed, Eden has already adapted to this place, our language, as well as the Environment. Even I adapted to his language, though I'm still learning new words everyday.

 

If Eden's memory ever come back, I don't know how or what I should do... For the past two months, my feelings for him has already developed. Only he didn't know, yet he still treat me nicely as if I was all he has.

 

“Eden...I have something I want to tell you...” I said without thinking... He continues to listen as he also stared into the dark sky.

 

“I li---”

 

“Arahyo...nado...neol...joahnikka...” He interrupted. I couldn't hear him clearly since he mumbled in a low voice. All I heard was Arahyo, which was 'I know'...

 

“What does that mean?” I asked him. He just smiled and shook his head, “Nothing...”

 

I scoffed, “Now you know how to say that to me when you don't want me to know about anything...” He glanced at me and shrugged his shoulder.

 

“Jibeh gajyo (Let's go home)” He spoke as he stood up and stretch.

 

As he walked over to the passenger door side, I stared at him. My heart was beating for him. I have never felt it beat for anyone since the last time it'd happened for my ex, but that was 5 years ago. I thought it was dead...But since the day I met him, all I can believe was that he brought it back to life.

 

“Yah...palli! (Hurry)” He quietly shouted. I broke off from my thoughts and smiled... At least, I know what he meant when he said 'palli'.

 

(A week passed)

 

“Hey Eden! They have this Asian Festival here in North Carolina. Do you want to go??” I asked him as I held out the flier to him. He closed the register after greeting the customer good bye and turned to look at the paper. “They have this every year...want to go?” I asked him again.

 

He glanced at it, then at me, “You want to go?” I smiled at his cute accent and nodded. “When?” He asked.

 

I leaned over towards him to look at the date. “May 17th....ah...that's this Saturday....” I answered. I glanced up and his eyes were in contact with me. We both froze as we stared at one another. Our face was close to where I can hear his breathing, and he can hear mines. “UH....okay...we go...” He broke off and stared back down on the paper. I laughed and quickly hugged him, who got startled. He just end up grinning as I hugged him tight.

 

“Hmm...will it rain that day? I hope not... North Carolina is always weird...they have the weirdest weather ever....” I mumbled to myself as I broke off my hug from him.

 

(On the day of May 17th, Morning)

 

“Eden! Palli!!” I mimicked his way of saying hurry, as I slid on my beach hat. It was a hot day and thank goodness, it won't rain til Sunday. Thought it's a bit cloudy, the weather is still hot and moist. I slid on my fancy sandal and grabbed my bag. D.O came out from the bathroom wearing a cap and a plaid blue blouse, with a white t-shirt under, and khaki shorts. If mom have seen how he dressed, she would have thought we matched as a couple. And yes, mom is liking Eden now, too, more than my brother who hardly comes home as well as my dad. Eden helps out around the house as well as the store. One day, I got surprised because he was cooking, and BOY he knows how to cook. His food were delicious.

 

“Oh...You look handsome in that!” I praised him, who shook his head in embarrassment. I chuckled as I pulled his hand and we walked out the house.

 

On the way there, we reached the parking lot. It was almost full, so thank goodness we came early or else we will have to drive all the way out of the park to the other parking lot and have to take the shuttle bus to get back over here.

 

The sun was shining straight down as the clouds cleared away. I got out of the car and grabbed my bag as Eden got out as well.

 

I walked over to him who was looking around as people walked by going towards the place.

 

“Let's go have some fun...” I told him as I linked into his left arm. He smiled and clutched his right hand onto mines.

 

As we were walking around, there were a lot of people. A lot of musics playing and a lot of performances on stage. “Wow...they even have the Miss Asian beauty pagaent here...OH! Look, Eden! They have Miss Korea!” I pointed at the girl, who wore a stash 'Miss Korea'. Eden smiled as he glanced at the stage and back at me.

 

As we were slowly walking our way around the different tents, I realized there were some whispers around us. I glanced up and around us. There were a few girls who looked like they're teenagers, gathering around us, with their cellphones out taking pictures.

 

Then, I over heard them talk, “Isn't that D.O?? From EXO? That does look like him...is it really him??”

 

“Maybe not...I don't know but I heard from the news that he went missing....” one of the girl said as she glanced at us.

 

“Excuse me.....Are you D.O?” a girl with a small voice came up to us, holding out a piece of note book and pen.

 

Eden and I turned around. He look startled. “You're D.O, right?” she asked again. After hearing her asking and saying D.O's name, the other girls shrieked and gathered around us and started taking pictures. Eden got shocked as he stood still not knowing what to do.

 

I got furious, but I don't think it's because of them, but because of jealousy... “HEY Back off! He's not D.O or whoever you say it was... His name is Eden...” I yelled off holding his hand.

 

The girls looked at me, scared as if they got confused, and quietly backed away. Though we walked around in circles in the area, they were still following us beh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter