Chapter Ten

LOST IN A WORLD OF MEMORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10

(D.O's)

“Sunbaenim, I don't know who you are talking about...really...” D.O lied. “Well...if you don't know then...that's great....” Soo Hyun said as he got up and stared at D.o.

“It's for the best, isnt it?” He smiled at D.O and walked out of the room. D.O stared at the door as it closed.

The words replayed in his mind over and over. 'Geu Yoja.... I'm not letting her get hurt anymore...' He sighed and stared out at the window as the clouds turned gray, and leaves has turned upside down.

(YOUR POV)

I stared out at the window as the dark clouds started rolling in, ready to pour out the rains it couldn't hold anymore. I then, remembered, that day when it rained hard. The painful memory that had separated the both of us. The darkness that swallowed our fate.

“Are you alright?” a voice from behind asked.

I quickly turned around. Soo Hyun smiled as he glanced outside. “Do you want to go home now? It's gonna start raining soon.....” He asked.

I nodded and walked over to SeoA who was still asleep and woke her up.

“JongHan, we're going home. We'll come back tomorrow and visit her, okay? If anything happens, give us a call..” I told him as the three of us walked towards the door.

“I will...Be careful... It looks like it's going to rain...” He said as we waved goodbye and closed the door.

On the way home in the car, the rain has started pouring. It was pouring hard to where the streets were unable to see. I held in my breath as Soo Hyun was driving. He realized it and smile, “Are you okay? You seem tensed there...”

I stared at him, then back on the road, holding onto my seatbelt, “I-I'm okay...just focus on the road...”

“Sleep...you seem really tired this morning...okay?” He said. Obeying his words, I closed my eyes and relaxed myself, listening to the sound of the rain.

 

(D.O POV)

“Kyungsooyah...Are you feeling a bit better? I talked to the doctor to see if you can leave home today and we'll come back tomorrow to do your brain scan...I already signed the paper for early releasing,” Manager Hyung said as He and Suho walked in.

“Eo...okay I guess...” He said as he sat straight up while Suho helped him off the bed. “Are you still having headaches? Dizziness?” Suho asked with worries. D.O smiled and shook his head.

“Hyung, drive careful...it's raining hard right now...” Suho said as he cautiously looked out the window as Manager Hyung drove the van to exit out the parking deck.

As they slowly made their way out of the exit, the rain poured out even harder. The window shield wiper wasn't able to clear out the window as more rains fell on top of it. “Kyungsooyah...If you're tired, you can sleep...don't overstress yourself too much. We'll wake you up when we get to the dorm,” Manager Hyung said as he looked back in his rear view mirror to D.O who looked drowsy. “The doctor gave you some medicines before you got released. He said it may cause drowsiness, so Kyungsooyah, just sleep okay?” Suho explained. D.O nodded and closed his eyes as he leaned back on the seat, facing towards the window.

(Yours and D.O)

“Where did you go?” I asked him, who sat on the bench and stared across the field. He smiled for a few minutes, then looked at me. No words came out from him. He just kept on smiling and staring at me.

“Eden...say something...” I said feeling nervous of his answers. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and pulled me up. The both of us walked across the field. His warm hands... tightly held onto mines. I smiled and leaned on his shoulder. Then, he stopped. He turned me around to face him. He stared deeply into my eyes as if he wanted to say something but couldn't. He reached for my shoulders and pulled me towards him as his arms embraced itself around me. After what seemed like a minute, his whole body felt weak. I pulled back from him as I stared at him. His whole body suddenly started to disappear. I couldn't grab his hand anymore, nor reach for his face. Slowly part by part, until his face begins to fade, darkness clouds rolled out like smoke and took over the bright lights. It started raining and I couldn't see him anymore. The thunder roared out as lightning strikes.

“EDEN!!” I shouted and flinched to wake up. D.O as well, was startled as he woke up. Both of our hearts were trembling in fears, but with only him wondering what that dream was about. He rubbed his head and eyes.

I stared at my surroundings and realized I was still in the car. Soo Hyun and SeoA stared at me as we parked in his drive way. “Are you alright?” Soo Hyun said with shock in his eyes. I rubbed my whole face and slightly nodded. “Did you have a bad dream?” SeoA asked. I smiled and shook my head, knowing that I did. “Okay....Um...we're home now...” She said.

“Kyungsooyah...we're home...” Manager Hyung said as he glanced again at D.O in the rear view mirror. D.O nodded and unfastened his seat belt. He slowly looked around out the window and realized the rain had stopped. The three of them got out of the car and walked up the stairs. Manager Hyung walked ahead as he carried a few bags up, while Suho and D.O trailed behind.

“Are you sure you're okay? You seemed a bit pale back there...Did you have a bad dream?” Suho asked, feeling worried.

“Eo....but it's alright now...” He smiled. Suho patted his back and continued walking up the stairs.

'Was she really someone important to me? Why I can't clearly see her?  why couldn't she say a word to me? Yet, she disappeared into thin air...' D.O thought as he followed behind.

 

(YOUR POV)

(The next day)

“Soo Hyunssi, you can drop me off here. I'll go in by myself since you have a schedule today...” I told him as I got out of the car.

“Okay...Be careful, alright? I'll pick you up after schedule...” He smiled, waving goodbye, and drove off.

I sighed and walked into the building.

(D.O POV)

“Hyung, I'll go with Kyungsoo inside. You'll be late for the meeting, so go. Just pick us up after it ends...” Suho said as he closed the car door behind. Manager Hyung nodded and drove off.

“Hyung, where do I go?” D.O asked as he walked inside and glanced around. “Over there...let's go...” Suho replied as he guided D.O to the first hallway.

(YOUR POV)

“Jonghan, I'm here...” I told him. He glanced up and smiled. “You came by yourself? Where's SeoA?” He asked.

“Uh...She had to work and so I came instead. Jonghan, go ahead downstairs and eat...I'll take care of her until you get back, okay?” I told him, as I laid my bag on the couch. Jonghan got up and rubbed his face, “Thanks...I'm gonna need to go back home first to change...if anything happens, call me...”

“Okay...Be careful on your way out...” I told him while he walked towards the door.

After he left, I sat next to her and watched her as she continues to sleep. “Yuri, how can this be happening to you? The day of your honeymoon...” I told her, as tears began to form a bit.

To get the sadness of my eyes, I got up and checked up on her tubes and systems, making sure everything is normal.

“Hello? Hi...I need her guardian to sign some papers please...are you her guardian?” A nurse, who came in, asked.

I glanced at her not knowing what she said. “I'm sorry...I don't understand you...” I told her. “Ah...You speak english...okay...I need you to sign some papers please,” She said as she turned around and walked out the door.

I followed after her to the counter. “Please take your time to look through these documents about her expenses and future appointments, and a release form...” She said as she handed me a small thick pile of papers clipped onto the clipboard, with a pen. I nodded my head and walked over to a nearby seat to sit.

 

(D.O POV)

“As far as your x-ray on your brain structure, everything seems normal now...however, there are times when you might experience dizziness and faints because you have got some damages on your brain before...so we have given you some prescriptions for it to help ease it down. Try not to overwork or stress yourself out too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter