Chapter Eleven

LOST IN A WORLD OF MEMORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

 

“Should we go to the Amusement park?” Soo hyun asked me as he sipped on his drink. “Right now? Look at the gray cloud! The rain will be stopping by shortly....” I scoffed at him as we strolled below the streamed bridge while the wind lightly blew towards us.

 “What is this place call? It's very pretty and...relaxing...” I asked him while looking around.

“Here? It's Cheongyecheon... a very famous place for romantic couples to stroll around and take pictures...” He explained.

 “Ah...Cheongyecheon....I think I've seen it somewhere on a tourist site...” I smiled...then realized... 'This is where I was suppose to meet him, right?' I asked myself. I quickly pulled out my phone and look at the time. It was 30 minutes away from the time I was suppose to meet...

 I glanced up at Soo Hyun who smiled and stared across the area. 'What should I do? Do I really want to meet him again? Bring him back to me? Bring our memories back?' I asked myself and looked back at the clock.

 “What are you thinking?” He interrupted. “What?...oh...um... Nothing...” I smiled. “I wanna show you this place,” He said as he drag a few feet up ahead. As soon as we pass under a bridge, there were beautiful fountains sprouting waters from under the stream. The night was getting ready to fall overhead and lights flicked on one by one down the stream. My eyes grew widen as I stared in awe. It was beautiful...

 “Wow....this is actually....I'm speechless.... It's very beautiful....I have never seen a place like this before...” I said. He smiled and faced me.

 “I have something to tell you...” He said. Unable to listen to his words, I was distracted by the perfectionist of this place.

 Seeing me not listening, he pulled down his sunglass and pulled me to face him. I was surprised. “What are you doing?” I stuttered.

 “I've seen it all in your eyes... I know what you're going through but you don't have to hide it....” He said. Thoughts raced through my head trying to figure out what he's trying to say.

 “What are you talking about?” I asked him. He went silent for a moment, then stare at me in the eyes.

 

“Joahyo....” he spoke. I froze, not knowing what to say. “Joahnikka...honestly...” he said again.

 I broke off from his gaze and faced toward those fountains. My heart didn't seem happy...nor did it seem sad. More like it was confused.

 “Um....look! The lanterns are being lit up!” I shouted, while pointing at the lanterns rising, which was being lit by the people from across.

 “Do you have to let it be this way?” He asked me. “Can you forget him?” He asked again. At the words of 'Forget', my heart had ached its way in. I didn't answer him, yet continued to stare up in the sky as the lanterns fly their way up into the sky.

 “He doesn't remember you any more...” He said, with a sharp tone. I quickly turned around and face him. “What do you know? Whether he remembers or not?” I asked, frustrated that he would say such things though I painfully admit, he was right.

Tears slowly formed in my eyes as I clutched my fist tight. “SeoA told me everything...the day before you left back home...I was hoping you would go back and forget him. I was also hoping to come and remove the huge pain he planted in your heart....”

I shook my head slightly, angry as to why SeoA would tell it to him when I basically told her I wanted to forget about those memories with him....

“Don't blame SeoA....I was the one who asked and pleaded her to tell me what went wrong in your heart...” He explained. “I told her I wanted to change it...I wanted to be the one who can heal it...remove those memories and bring you happiness...” He continued.

 I sighed and looked at the time....it was ten minutes before that time.... “T-thank you...Soo hyun....for being a great friend.....and to show me around Seoul those time I was here....I really appreciate it.....” I told him. A tear had rolled down.

 “But....I can't accept your heart.... and I'm sorry....I really can't forget him....” I wiped off my tears as I turned around and walked away.

 He stood there watching me walk away, not able to say a word.

 As soon as I was away from him and out of sight, I hid behind a trash can in case he came running back to find me. I bent down and cried my heart out feeling sorry for having to reject his love. I know he was such a good friend that I have met on my stay here...but Eden... I can't do this to him... I know...I'm such a fool...

 After what seems like 10 minutes have passed, I had calmed myself down. He didn't come back....I suppose, but wasn't expecting much from it. I slowly got up and was about to walk but saw a person leaning against a pole. I squinted at the person and realized that he or she must be suffering a pain.

I hurried over to the person and grabbed their shoulders, “Are you okay?” The person looked up but squinted its eyes at me. He shook his head and squinted at me again.

“Are you alright?” I asked him. I couldn't see him since my night visions are bad. The light pole from above shined weakly down as I bent down to level with him.

He smiled, “ You came.....thought you wouldn't come...”

I stared at him confusedly, “ You speak English?” He chuckled and sat completely down against the pole.

“Um...do you know me?” I asked. All he did was smile for a bit, then spoke, “Don't play with me...”

'Is he some crazy s? Or is he drunk?' I thought to myself.

“Excuse me, but I think you need to go to the hospital... you look drunk...” I told him. He massaged his head and finally focused straight at me.

“I'm not drunk...I said, that you're here...Thought you wouldn't come...” He said. Ignoring this drunk person's word, I looked at my time again and It was passed 8 already.

“I'm sorry but I have to go...I have someone to meet...” I told him as I got up.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me down. “HEY! What are you doing?” I yelled at him. “Nan...yeogiso......” he said.

 That voice...when he speaks korean, sounded familiar. I my phone and used my flashlight and shined on him. He squinted his eyes and blocked the light with his hand.

I was surprised and fell over, landing on my . Turning off the light, he stared at me. “Mianhae...yo...” I told him.

He smiled, “It's alright... but what made you decided to come?” I silently looked at him then thought about Soo Hyun, whom I had left behind, in a pile of humiliation of rejection.

 He glanced at me, wondering why I didn't answer him. “Uh...I was just...walking by here...taking a stroll....” I lied.

He nodded, “Do you want to go for another walk?” I looked at him, then smiled, “We can...but will you be okay? You look like you had some kind of injury...”

He shook his head and stood up, “I'm fine...don't worry...”

 “Geundae...How do you know how to speak English so well? 'Cause when I saw you that time, you didn't greet me in English....” I randomly asked him.

 “What are you talking about? I've been learning English...I didn't think you would know English...” he explained. Then, I thought about those time when he was with me in the states. Those time when we first brought him into the house and he sat there with those huge eyes, not saying a single word.

 “Hokshi (Perhaps)....Do....you.....” I started off asking him.

 “No....I don't...” he interrupted. “I didn't finish my question...” I pouted. “I know what you're going to say anyways, but my answer to that Is no...even though I don't know it for myself yet...” He explained.

 “What did you want to say to me...?” I asked him as we continued our walk away from the pole.

 “Just something....i was curious about...” He silently said. “What? I can't hear you....” I told him.

 He chuckled, “Just something I was curious...” “Ah...what is it that's bothering your curiosity...?” I asked him.

 He suddenly stopped and stared at me. Those beautiful huge round eyes shined in front of me again like moons. The night sky had already grown into the darkness as no moon was placed above.

 

“Was I...someone special to you?” He asked. My heart dropped, in confusion. “If I am...I want to know...everything...even if I can't remember, I would like to remember....Whenever I see you, my heart would ache as if I’m longing for your existent...I don't know why it does that...so that's why I’m curious...and if you can help me to remember, I would appreciate that...”

My kept squeezing itself out as if it's going to explode any minute. My throat started hurting from holding in those tears. I couldn't say a word.

“Will you stay beside me? Guide me through those memories if we have ever shared them...” He continued.

I held in my breath and clutched my fist tight... Sighing it out, I stared at him straight in the eyes wanting to agree.“I...I....” I stuttered, but memories flashed back to where s told me to leave him. They need him more than I do...and I have already told them, that I'll leave and for them to take care of him...

“You what?” He asked silently...

 

“I!....can't stay beside you....You have a life ahead of you...you have people who are more special to you than me....As much as I want to recover our memories together, there's no way you'll remember...let those memories be forever gone and hidden....You're already happy wherever you are now...” I told him, as my trembling voice broke out.

Suddenly the thunder roared in as lightening strikes across the dark sky as it lit upon our faces. Rain started pouring down lightly, then by every minute of standing silently, it had poured in more.

Soaked in the rain, as I stared at him, with tears rolling down, tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter