Chapter Two

LOST IN A WORLD OF MEMORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

(EXO POV)

“What are we going to do??” some of the boys started panicking while the others paced up and down by the sofa. “Did Manager Hyung called yet? What's he doing?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I don't know...he said he was going to call his friend to help find D.O” Suho said while massaging his temples.

 

“What if we can't find D.O? What are we going to do???” Kai asked as he began to tear up. “Uljima (Don't Cry), Kai...we will find him...don't worry...” Luhan came and hugged Kai, who teared up more.

 

Tao began to cry as well from all these stress of finding D.O...The members gathered around each other and calmed one another down.

 

Darkness was almost near as the members grew tired while waiting for the phone call. Kai, who cried, knocked out next to Luhan, who strapped his arms around him. Kris paced back and forth, then walked outside into the balcony. Chanyeol followed as though to get some fresh air.

 

“Hyung...can't we go out and find him?” Sehun asked. Suho shook his head as his eyes slowly closes. “What if D.O gets scared? This place is huge...what if something happened to him...?” Tao began to worry more.

 

“D.O is not afraid of anything...he will be fine...let's just hope and pray nothing else will happen to him, okay?” Suho replied. “If you're tired, go to sleep...if not, you can stay up and wait for the call with some of us...” He continued as he stretched. The members nodded.

 

(Annie's House)

Morning has already come as the light shined through the window panels. I felt my eyes slowly open as the bright light shined across my eye lids. I slowly rubbed my eyes as I moved away from the sofa. I looked over my shoulder as Annie was still sleeping on the other sofa.

 

I turned back to other one where the man laid on. My eyes grew wide as I gasped loud. I moved my hand over to reach Annie, trying to wake her up. She finally woke up to see what happened and found that the Man laying there was gone....

 

We both stood up and panicked. “Where did he go??” she asked. I looked around the living room but didn't find him there. “I don't know where he went...I just woke up and didn't see him there no more...” I told her.

 

As soon as I made another turn towards the kitchen entrance, I screamed again. Then, we heard a glass cup drop. The glass shattered all over the floor where he was standing. Annie turned to look and was shocked. He stood there with huge eyes as if he was also shocked.

 

“I'll clean it up...” he spoke out in a language both me and Annie couldn't understand. We both looked at each other as he went back into the kitchen to grab the broom and dust pan. Annie and I sighed in relief, after thinking that he probably had really disappeared.

 

After watching him swept up the shattered glasses neatly and putting it away, He appeared again at the kitchen entrance. We both stood up and quickly went to drag him to sit on the sofa. He looked confused at both of us.

 

“Uh...Hi...um...What's your name??” Annie asked first. He looked at Annie and shrugged his shoulder.

Me and her both gasp. “He doesn't know his name?” I asked her. Annie looked at me then back at him, “Do you remember anything??” She gestured to him.

 

He shook his head and spoke out in his language, “I don't know...” “What is he saying? Do you know?” Annie asked me. I shook my head. “Uh...this is hard...” Annie said as she tried to think of something.

 

“Where are you from?...where?? you from?? HOUSE?” I asked trying to gesture a house with my hand and shrugging my shoulders....

 

He looked and nodded as if he understood...but shrugged his shoulders instead as an answer...He glanced at me and smiled. “Why's he smiling at me?” I asked Annie as she looked at me.

 

He continued smiling and spoke again, “ Yeppudah....Neol...(Pretty...You...)”

 

“Don't tell me he....has a mentality problem...” Annie said. He turned to look at Annie... “This is harder than I thought....I thought he would at least give us some answer...” Annie explained.

 

(About 30 minutes Later)

Annie and I sat on the couch watching him as he walked around her house staring at pictures and other objects around the living room. “He doesn't speak english...” I told her. Annie nodded in agreement... We both tried to think of a way to talk or communicate with him so we can get some answer as to where he came from or who he is and what happened...

 

“HEY YOU!” Annie shouted. He looked over at Annie and I. Annie gestured him to come over and sit down. He obeyed and followed and sat on the sofa across from us.

 

He sat straight up with his legs bent straight in a 90degrees angle. We both looked at him weirdly as he placed his hands on his lap.

 

“Anyways,” Annie started off, “Wallet? Do you have a wallet?” He looked at both of us with huge eyes. Annie and I sighed. I thought about my purse and quickly reached it and took out my wallet.

 

I showed him my wallet and ID. He nodded and dug in his pockets. He found nothing but a piece of receipt. Annie quickly grabbed it from him and gathered with me as we both looked at the receipt.

 

“Hey Annie...isn't that the coffee shop we went to? Yesterday??” I asked her after seeing the name of the coffee shop. Annie surprisingly nodded. “Look at the time of when it was purchased,” I urged her.

 

The time of the receipt said of when the item was purchased was at 8:15am. I covered my mouth. “This was a few minutes before we came in!” I shouted.

 

“How is that possible??” She asked as she continues to look at the receipt. I walked over and hopefully tried to find some answers from him.... He watched me coming over and smiled.

 

“Um....” I said... “Do you know yourself?” I gestured him with sign motions. He seems to understand and shook his head. “We're out of luck! He just said he don't know who he is!!” I yelled out in panic. He leaned back as I stood up. “What Language do you speak?” Annie continued asking.

 

He looked at Annie weirdly... “Show him your gesture! Ask him what language he speaks..” Annie asked.

 

“Uh.....What language do you speak?” I asked with hand motions again. He looked up at me with no answers....

 

“UGH! I gave up!” I shouted. Annie leaned back on the sofa. “wait...” I said as I thought of something. I reached for my phone and start searching for a translator.

 

“I'm pretty sure he knows how to use a phone...” I told Annie as I handed him the phone with translator.

 

He looked at it for a minute...then started clicking. Annie was shocked and came over as she and I bent over to see what he was doing.

 

After he finished typing, handed the phone to us. Annie and I read the translated message: 'I'm sorry but I do not know who I am.'

 

We looked at what language this was in and realized it was in Korean. I then deleted the message and typed in english, to translate it to korean.

 

I hand it back to him as he took it and read it: 'Do you remember anything?' He looked at us again with those huge eyes and shook his head. “What should we do??” I asked Annie...

 

“All I can say is ...give him a new Life.... Brand new start...I'm pretty sure this happened to him because of his past..” She suggested.

 

“Are we not gonna take him to the police station...?” I asked with curiosity... “No...I don't wanna get turned in...I have a career ahead of me...Let's just forget about this whole thing and focus on him...Until he's ready on his own, we can get rid of him,” Annie explained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter