Chaper Three

LOST IN A WORLD OF MEMORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

“Wait here for me, okay? Don't go anywhere...” I gestured to him as I slowly backed away to the phone booth. He understood and sat by the bench near the trashcan inside the airport. After seeing him sitting, I dashed to the phone and started dialing numbers.

 

“Hello? Mom?” I asked as I kept my eyes on him, who was looking around and at people walking by.

 

“Mom...I uh...miss the plane flight...can you send me another plane ticket? Just buy it under my name and I'll pay you back when I get back home...My battery died so I couldn't reach you on my cell phone...oh...okay...alright...Wait Mom!....” I hesitated as I continued to look at him. Inside, there was a feeling that I couldn't get rid of every time I stare at him. As much as I wanted to leave him here by himself, I just couldn't. I couldn't ditch him. I felt pity for leaving him behind and as much as feeling guilty when he wasn't my responsibility....

 

“Mom...Make that two airline tickets....Don't ask question...Just get it for me...okay...I'll see you at home, then....” I told my mom and hang up. I turned to look him once more but he disappeared.

 

My heart drop as I panic trying to search and wonder where he went. I circulated around the area where he sat. I couldn't find him.

 

“Fine...since he always disappear, I guess I'll just leave him here...He's not my responsibility any ways...” I told myself. Then, I grabbed my suitcase he left by the bench and strolled my way out of the place.

 

(5 minutes Later)

“Where is he? Where'd he go?” I pouted as I look around sitting on the bench. “Yeogi (here)...” I heard a similar voice and quickly turned around. He was standing behind me, smiling as he held out two ice cream cones. I felt relief. I was getting ready to forget about him again.

 

He walked around and sat next to me and place one of the cones in my hand. “Meokgo (eat)” He told me. I didn't know what he was saying...but I realize he wanted me to eat the ice cream....

 

“You will be going home with me....” I told him as I ate my ice cream cone. He just looked at me while eating his.

 

I chuckled knowing he wouldn't understand me. I poked on his arm for him to look at me. Then, I gestured to him saying that he would go home with me on a plane and to my house. He just stared at me with those big eyes as he nibble on the melted ice cream. I sighed and shook my head. He went back to looking at people who were passing by.

 

After waiting for 30 minutes, I went to the plane ticket counter and picked up the ticket. Wow. My mom really did send me two. I thought she would think I was kidding. I walked my way back to him and grabbed his hand, dragging him into the other waiting room. He was amused as to what was going on. After doing security search, I waited for him to get searched. He didn't even bring anything. Of course, he's still the way how we first saw him in the car, but a bit smelly...

 

As soon as he finish, he kept staring at the securities' job while walking towards me. “Touch me!” He spoke out loud with an english accent. “Huh?” I asked confused on what he was trying to say. “Touch me!” He spoke once again pointing at the security lady, who was searching through another passenger.

I burst out laughing at his goofiness though he was trying to be serious. He stopped and look at me while I was laughing. Then, he smiled. I stopped laughing, and gazed at him.

 

“Nomu...yeppeoyo...Dangsinui useum (Really pretty..Your laugh...)” He spoke. I quickly turned around. My heart beated fast. I tried breathing in and out calming myself down, but why do I feel like I understand what he was saying...

 

“Attention all passengers boarding the plane to Charlotte Douglas Airport. The plane will be departing in 20 minutes. Please report to Gate A at this moment.”

 

I grabbed his hand from behind and pulled him along with me... now, heading our way home...

 

(EXO POV)

(Early in the morning)

“HOW CAN YOU LOSE HIM LIKE THAT!!??” Soo Man yelled at manager Hyung as he flipped the coffee table over. Manager Hyung lowered his head as he stood by the sofa seats. Soo man's secretary came running in wondering what happened.

 

“YOU! CALL SOME PEOPLE TO HELP FIND KYUNGSOO RIGHT NOW! We need to keep this in before the reporters starts digging in...” Soo man ordered to his secretary.

 

“I'm sorry, Boss, but...the reporters are already scattered outside the company right now...They're questioning about D.O's whereabouts since D.O wasn't with the other boys at the airport,” his secretary quickly explained.

 

“SEE WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSED NOW!!?? YOU BETTER SEND SOME PEOPLE TO HELP FIND HIM!” He yelled at manager Hyung.

 

“EXECUTIVE SOO MAN!! WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?? WHERE'S MY SON AT?? WHERE IS HE??” Kyungsoo's mom came running in along with his dad who's expression shown anger.

 

“Kyungsoo Eomma...calm down...please calm down...” Soo man told her as soon as she came through the door. He and Kyungsoo's dad helped guide his mom to the sofa after almost collapsing.

 

“Executive Soo man...please tell me where my son is at....where is he? Is he at the dorm with the boys?” She asked trying to hold herself together.

 

Soo man calmly looked at her and his dad, then stared at manager hyung, who notices and quickly took off. Secretary followed behind.

 

“Please don't go out that way. The reporters are out by the front door. It's best if you take the exit below the building to the parking deck,” the secretary urged manager Hyung.

 

Manager Hyung didn't bother listening, and walked through the main hall and out to the front door.

 

The door slid opened and lights from cameras starts flashing as Manager Hyung step back blinded by it.

 

“Where's D.O?? Why wasn't he with the other members? What did you guys do to him? Is he still in California? Is he on his way home? What happened? Did you guys leave him there? Is D.O missing? Is he on another plane? Did he have problems with the other members that's why he wasn't with them??” questions from reporters were being thrown at Manager Hyung who said nothing while making his way through the swarm of reporters to his van.

 

(At the dorm)

 

“Hyung?? What are we going to do? We can't get out! Reporters are down stair....” Sehun cried out as he stared down through the window where the reporters were standing.

 

“I'm still waiting for Manager Hyung to call us first....” Suho said as he picked up his cellphone from the table.

 

All the other members sat quietly on the sofa. The phone ringed.

 

“Manager Hyung? Eo...This is Suho...what's going on?” Suho picked up.

 

“Eh?? It's cancelled? Why?....Okay....alright...I'll let them know...Hurry please...” Suho continued, then hanged up and look at the members who all waited eagerly for directions.

 

“Uh...Manager Hyung said all the activities for today are cancelled...He told us to just stay in until he gets here...” Suho explained. Some of the members sighed while others began to stress out.

 

(In Lee Soo Man's office)

“WHAT??? HE'S STILL IN USA?” Kyungsoo's mom yelled as she stood up.

 

“I'm sorry....We will try our best to find him. We're trying to keep this away from the reporter but they already find it suspicious that your son was not with the other members when they came home,” Soo man tried to explain.

 

“Ai ai aigooooo...My Kyungsoo! My Baby Kyungsooooo!” Kyungsoo's mom cried out as she slowly sat back on the sofa...

 

Soo man's secretary came rushing in... “Sorry to interrupt this but this is urgert, Boss...The stock holders are demanding a press conference to explain what's going on. They're questioning whether D.O's whereabouts or disappearance will affect the stocks or not. Also, the cf's are canceling the contract. They said if the group is not complete for the theme, they won't do it and that they will look for other group idols.”

 

Lee Soo man sighed and massaged his head as he leaned back on his sofa. After clearing his mind, he gestured to his secretary...

 

“Gather all the reporters. I will have a press conference with them at 3pm this afternoon,” He spoke after getting up...

 

“What are you gonna tell them?” Kyungsoo's father asked as he stood up. Soo Man, who walked over to his desk, “Please go home and rest for a bit....then meet me at the press conference....”

 

 

“Kids are you guys alright??” Manager Hyung dashed in as soon as Suho opened the door.

“Hyung, what are we going to do now?” Suho asked after quickly closing the door.

The members gathered around Manager Hyung. His phone rang. “Hello?....Yes...yes....what?? At 3pm? What's going on??” he asked surprisingly. After hanging up, his expression became sulkier.

 

“What's wrong Hyung? Who was that?” Suho asked. “Soo man... wants all of you to meet him before 3 for the press conference....” He spoke. “What? Press Conference? For what?” The members were surprised that Soo man was going to hold a press confe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter