Closing Up

Look At Me

 

 

 

Krystal looked up to the building where her sister lived. Her face showing a worried expression.
Every year since Jessica had left her family things just kept going worse and worse...Krystal was worried for her sister...
Was she really okay? Krystal kind of knew the answer to that question...a big and fat NO.
 
But the truth is that she also doesn't know how to pull her sister out of the state she is in. Krystal walked with a saddened look inside the building, she got inside the elevator and pressed the button.
 
Jessica had woken up already she, hid the binocculars and put the chair by the window in it's original place, the dinning table. Then she locked the door to the room where she used to paint with the paiting she didn't understand. And before she finished she gave one last glance at the window she watched for so long.
She saw Yuri going back and forth before she closed the curtains.
 
The doorbell rang, Jessica knew that could only be her sister. She unlocked the door and opened it.
 
-"Hey" Krystal said with a saddened and hurt smile.
 
-"Hey" Jessica lifelessly answered.
 
-"Come in" Jessica said.
 
At that very moment, Tiffany passed by she lived right next to Jessica.
 
-"Oh, Hello" Tiffany said as she passed.
 
-"Hello" Krystal said.
 
-"Why did you close the door like that yesterday?" Tiffany asked.
 
-"I-I..." Jessica suddenly couldn't answer...or more she didn't know what to answer.
 
-"Who are you?" Krystal asked with a polite tone.
 
-"I'm Tiffany Hwang, I just moved here, yesterday I came here just to talk to...I don't even know her name" Tiffany said.
 
-"Oh, my name is Krystal, this is my sister Jessica Jung" Krystal said.
 
Jessica then looked at Krystal with a face of "Why the hell are you telling her my name", but Krystal quickly dismissed it.
 
-"Oh nice to meet you Je-ssi-ca" Tiffany said emphasizing every sillable like she was teasing Jessica.
 
-"You two are not from here are you?" Tiffany asked.
 
-"No, our family is from the US" Krystal said.
 
-"US?! Where from?" Tiffany asked excited.
 
-"San Francisco, CA" Krystal said.
 
Suddenly the two sisters couldn't help but notice the big smile that formed across the girl's face.
 
-"I'm also from San Francisco" Tiffany said.
 
-"Really?" Krystal asked.
 
-"Yeah" Tiffany said.
 
-"Well it was nice meeting you Krystal and Je-ssi-ca" Tiffany said again emphasizing the sillables in Jessica's name.
 
-"Bye" Tiffany said as she left.
 
-"She's a nice girl" Krystal commented as Tiffany left.
 
-"She annoys me" Jessica said.
 
-"Oh, c'mon sis don't be like that, you should try and talk to her" Krystal said.
 
-"Anyways, come in" Jessica said as she went inside followed by Krystal who closed the door.
 
 
Sooyoung sat on the couch, eating some snacks and watching TV. She looked at the strange window she had caught a glimpse of a day ago.
Nothing strange today...still she was sure...
 
-"I called Taeyeon" Yuri said.
 
-"Really?" Sooyoung asked.
 
-"Why would you call that demon girl?" Sooyoung said.
 
-"She's not a demon girl, don't be like that just because she stole your food I don't know how many years ago" Yuri said.
 
-"She has to pay for the food she has stollen, Shikshin law demands it" Sooyoung said.
 
-"Oh gosh, you're so childish Soo" Yuri said.
 
-"She's a nice girl, she works in the mail office" Yuri said.
 
-"More like her father owns the whole damm mail system is more right though" Sooyoung said as she ate.
 
-"Yeah" Yuri said.
 
 
 
 
-"How have you been?" Krystal asked.
 
-"Same..." Jessica answered.
 
-"How's work?" Jessica asked.
 
-"Same..." Krystal answered.
 
-"Sis, why don't you-" Krystal was saying.
 
-"If tell me to get out there again...I'm seriously never opening that door for you again" Jessica said.
 
-"Why don't you try? How long as it been since you tried?" Krystal said.
 
-"I don't know...I know one thing though, is that I can't bear even the thought of going outside" Jessica said.
 
-"Sis..." Krystal said.
 
-"Anyways, are you staying for dinner?" Jessica asked.
 
-"No...I'm leaving I only came here to see you, I have thing to take care of" Krystal said.
 
-"Okay then..." Jessica said.
 
Krystal got up.
 
-"See ya" Krystal said.
 
-"Bye" Jessica said as she closed the door and locked it again.
 
 
Krystal walked to the elevator. As the doors opened Tiffany got out.
 
-"Wait" Krystal said.
 
-"Could you...come with me?" Krystal said.
 
-"Uhmm..." Tiffany showed Krystal the shopping bags.
 
-"You can come with me though" Tiffany said as she walked towards her appartment followed by Krystal.
 
They went inside. The place was seriously...pink.
 
There was even some furniture that was...pink.
 
It felt warming and welcoming though.
 
-"You can sit on the couch, do you want something to drink?" Tiffany asked as she went to the kitchen.
 
-"Oh no thank you" Krystal said.
 
-"So what did you want to talk to me about?" Tiffany asked as she sat across Krystal.
 
-"My sister...can you help her?" Krystal said.
 
-"I'm not....getting something here" Tiffany said.
 
-"Oh...right you don't know" Krystal said.
 
-"My sister has Agoraphobia" Krystal said.
 
-"It's basically the fear of public places...but in my sister's case it's more extreme...she's afraid of the outside world so she doesn't leave her home...never" Krystal said.
 
Tiffany suddenly remembered how Jessica had never crossed the doorway's line...not even today.
 
She looked at Krystal. The girl seemed so troubled...she wanted to help.
Tiffany smiled and looked at Krystal.
 
-"How can I help her then?" Tiffany said.
 
-"Just keep trying to get close to her...it won't be easy but I know that if someone gets close to her she'll eventually open up...and maybe just maybe she can overcome that phobia of hers" Krystal said.
 
-"I'll try" Tiffany said.
 
-"Thank you, thank you very much" Krystal said.
 
-"Yeah sure don't worry" Tiffany said smiling.
 
Krystal left Tiffany her phone number before she left.
Tiffany sat on her living room couch.
 
-"Get close to her huh..."