Courage

Look At Me

 

 

 

Jessica was laying her head on Tiffany's lap. They were both watching TV. Jessica just wanted to rest for a while, she needed to organize her thoughts. Tiffany didn't make any questions, she knew that Jessica would tell her, when she was ready to, So they both kept silent and watching. Some new drama was on tv.

Suddenly Jessica got up and looked at Tiffany.

 

-"What's wrong?" Tiffany asked.

 

-"I want to tell you..." Jessica said.

 

-"Okay" Tiffany said.

 

-"But...I can't" Jessica said.

 

-"I can see it's important to you...if you don't want to say, you don't have to" Tiffany said as she smiled.

 

-"I don't understand why I couldn't...kiss her and be with her. I mean...it's all I've ever wanted..." Jessica said.

 

-"Then just stay with her" Tiffany said.

 

-"It's not as easy...the past lurks on my back again" Jessica said.

 

-"Anyways, enough about me, how was you and shorty?" Jessica asked.

 

-"Me and who?" Tiffany asked.

 

-"Awww, c'mon you know who" Jessica said.

 

-"Ah...you mean Taeyeon. She invited me for a visit to the gallery she's opening the one she wants to show your works" Tiffany said.

 

-"Yeah...I'm still a bit unsure about that, but I'll work with her" Jessica said.

 

-"Jessie...you have to try..." Tiffany suddenly said in a more serious tone of voice,

 

-"I know what you're going to say...don't say it" Jessica said as she looked at Tiffany seriously.

 

Of course Jessica knew what she was going to say, Tiffany was going to tell her to leave this apartment and go to the outside world, unfortunately....Jessica's way out isn't as easy. It's not easy after all when you lived a good part of your natural life enclosed by 4 walls.

Deep down Jessica could feel the need to go outside, she knew she could go outside...but her phobia was bigger than any of those feelings.

She still wasn't ready.

 

-"I won't say it" Tiffany said.

 

Tiffany looked outside, the sun was starting to set down.

 

-"I have to go...I will go start looking for a job tomorrow" Tiffany said.

 

-"I'll be here later tomorrow" Tiffany said as she hugged Jessica and left. 

 

Jessica locked her door. She walked to Yoona's portrait.

 

-"What are you doing to me?" Jessica asked.

 

-"Didn't you say it was over? Wasn't it supposed to be over,,,," Jessica said.

 

-"I want...ugh...what am I doing? Talking to a painting...Aish!" Jessica said as she went to the window.

 

The lights in Yuri's apartment were still on. Strangely there was still no sign of Sooyoung. Yuri was on the balcony and looking at Jessica's apartment. Jessica didn't notice her at first but then as her eyes scanned the landscape she spotted Yuri. Relaxed and looking at her. Yuri gave her a small smile...and went to bed.

 

That smile...that smile said many things. To Jessica that smile meant that even though Yuri was pissed off about earlier, which was her own and well earned right to be. She still wasn't giving up on Jessica. And all she wants now is to have some closure...with Yoona...

If only she could see her...

If only she could say all the words that have bottled up inside of her. 

What she wants isn't difficult...she wants closure.

 

Because as things ended, there wasn't any closure...or at least to Jessica there wasn't. 

Things weren't the same for both of them...

 

Meanwhile Yoona was sitting on an empty gallery. This was present from her father to her. Her love for art was great since she was a child and her father had respected her love for art. His present for his daughter that had come back from europe was this gallery. And now...Yoona was going to show Seoul and the world...the best artist she had ever met...Jessica Jung.

 

If only things had ended differently with Jessica...today they could've been together...it could be Jessica...coming to hug her and not just another ....

But fate isn't as we say and for both girls...closure seemed a distant fate.