Gaze

Look At Me

 

 

 

Another normal morning. Yuri's alarm sounded troughout the house and with it's sound the black haired, tanned beauty rose from her bed. She looked around. Messy haired. Last night she went to a party, hence her messy look. She looked to her side. At least this time she hadn't brought anyone home. Yuri got up and opened her curtains. She then started tidying up her bed, so she would start her morning routine. 

Right across the street. Jessica's alarm sounded also. Much more difficult was the task of she getting up. Sleeping was something she always had treasured. But for her...just to see her...she had given up on it. She got up and went to the bathroom, she brushed her teeth. Then she went to the kitchen and poured some coffee.

Jessica then did...what she always does in the morning, she walked to her living room window. A lonely chair faced the window. A pair of binoculars stood on the window frame. Jessica had been doing this countless times and yet...she always felt uneasy. I guess...it's not a normal hobby. Jessica sat on the chair and grabbed the binoculars. She looked to the building right across the street. There was only one lonely soul she searched for. And that was the one of Kwon Yuri. Jessica somehow smiled once she caught a glimpse of the girl. Running on her threadmill and exercizing first thing in the morning. Always like this. Then she would disappear into the bathroom. To take a shower probably. Jessica always blushed a the thought of the girl's body. She didn't even know her name...

Yuri would come out and go into the bedroom. She would close the curtains and dress herself. On the small time frame she did, Jessica would prepare her own breakfast. Then she would again sit on the chair and eat, while Yuri ate. She would gaze as the other girl gulped down her food. Yuri never ate much. Always a couple of toasts and some milk. Sometimes she would eat fruits. I guess it's weird for someone to know so much about another person no?

 

Yuri would then leave. For work? To play? Jessica had no idea. She could only imagine the outside world. A place where she hadn't been in quite a while. She wondered how it was? People going on with their lives. She was the only one still lost and trapped in time. Jessica didn't work, Jessica didn't have friends, Jessica...was frozen in life. She could only blame one thing...her phobia. She doesn't know when it appeared exactly...but it kept Jessica from living. Jessica was a painter. She mostly did some requests now. Over the internet, she would ask her friend in the mail office to deliver them. And that's how...she had been living ever since she left home. As for the groceries? Jessica had given grace to the 21st century technology called the internet. It was able to do amazing things. Including ordering things and have them delivered. 

 

Does Jessica have a lonely life? What do you think?

Does she miss the outside world? Who knows...

 

Jessica spent her days either painting. At least the few requests she received or reading, and sleeping. That was until night came at least.

Then she would be back. 

 

It was night and Yuri was coming back from work. She again had brought a girl with her. A girl that Jessica had never seen before.

 

Yuri opened her door and got inside her appartment. A tall girl with her.

 

-"Sooyoung~" Yuri said in a cute tone.

 

-"What?" The tall girl said.

 

-"Why didn't you tell me you came back?" Yuri said.

 

-"I only came today, I need a place to sleep, can I stay here?" Sooyoung asked.

 

-"Siwon won't let me stay in his place" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Really? I should've guessed you came here for a reason" Yuri said as she gave Sooyoung a merong.

 

-"C'mon don't be like that, I really need a place to stay. I don't want to stay in a hotel" Sooyoung said.

 

-"You can stay here, you rascal!" Yuri said as she throwed herself on top of Sooyoung.

 

The two of them playfully wrestling each other on the floor. The two girls laughed wholehearthedly at their play.

 

Jessica could only watch from her window. Their closeness, just to be in the same room as her...she envied Sooyoung. She envied her for being able to do something she couldn't. These were the times Jessica felt worst. Blaming her phobia and thus blaming herself for having such a problem. She would sit on the chair, knees close to her body. She would cry. Cry for what? I don't know. But she would cry. Perhaps because she felt so frustrated...not being able...to live.

Such a simple thing that yet she couldn't do...

 

 

-"I'll make dinner" Yuri said.

 

-"What? You want to kill me?" Sooyoung said surprised.

 

-"What? You used to enjoy my cooking" Yuri said.

 

-"Yeah sure when I was a kid, I still didn't know what real food was" Sooyoung said playfully.

 

-"Yah!" Yuri said as she playfully hit Sooyoung's head.

 

-"I'll make dinner, and I'll make it big" Sooyoung said.

 

-"Oh gosh, I'm feeling my wallet is seriously going to suffer having you here" Yuri said.

 

-"Yul~" Sooyoung said with aegyo.

 

-"Go, go make dinner you Shikshin" Yuri said as she pretended to be mad.

 

-"Sure~" Sooyoung cutely said.

 

Sooyoung started to prepare dinner while Yuri went to her bathroom and took a shower.

Jessica watched everything. 

Sooyoung set the table and put the food on the table.

The two girls had dinner. Jessica didn't stand to eat. She felt worst than ever just looking at both girls.

 

Dinner ended and after washing the dishes. Yuri went to her bedroom.

 

-"Sleep on the couch" Yuri said at the girl who was lying down on her bed.

 

-"Wae~?" Sooyoung said cutely.

 

-"Go" Yuri said.

 

-"Humm, ok" Sooyoung said with a pout.

 

Sooyoung went to the living room where she laid down on the couch. 

Jessica glared the tall girl. Sooyoung somehow had a strange feeling. She quickly got up and the lights. She looked around.

There was no one of course...

Still...there was a feeling. Like...being watched? Nahh, she must be getting crazier, her time in Japan certainly messed up her mind. She laid down again and slept.

 

Jessica watched as both girls slept. She felt bad...she...was lonely.