Lonely Part. 1 (Seunghyun P.O.V)

Brooklyn Boy

it's been six months, since i allowed anna to stay the night. her bruisers are no longer stuck upon her skin, her hair is no longer tangled and knotted and her face is much healthier. i never imagined that i'd allow someone else to live at my home, with me and yet, there she sat. her hair up in a bun, dressed in clothes that i had given her money for and snacks in her hands. it's hard to admit it, but she's somewhat like a younger sister to me, perhaps even something more, like a daughter figure.
"seunghyun..." her voice pulled me from my train of thought. "is it okay if i go out tonight? i mean it's my friends birthday and i promised her at school that i'd be there." it's been so long since she left my home, other than school and to go out to shop when i was unable too.

i truly had to think about it, there was a chance that if i allowed for her to go out, that she'd end up in some sort of trouble, end up back here bruised and broken, or worse, she may not even be able to get back here. although, there was also the chance that she'd go out and have the fun that i know she's been missing, because of my job i can't allow for her friends to come over in fear of my own safety. i can tell by her face that she wants to leave for a night out, that she wants to go out and have fun for once.
"sure." i say bluntly, barely meaning to come across as somewhat mad. i want her to go out and have a good time, see her friends, possibly make some new ones. "will you be back home tonight?" i question, raising my head from the sheets of paper i had been filling out, acting as though i am doing work, when in reality, my mind is absent.

i turn my face back towards her, smiling as i see her eyes light up.
"i don't know that much yet, i'll just text her and ask." she looked so happy as she took out the phone i had bought for her, immediately unlocking the screen and messaging her best friend, asking what the real plans were. "i'll let you know before i leave." she began standing to her very own feet, walking towards the bedroom i had made for her, bought the necassary things including a bed, a closet, a mirror, whatever she wished to have in her bedroom, i bought for her. i nodded, allowing her to step into the other room, and get herself ready.

once i can see she is out of my sight, i turn my head back towards the paper that i have been sitting before for hours now. it's been hard working with another person living here, it's been especially difficult and when i don't work, i put myself and anna in danger. although, i can't leave her here alone, some nights, i sneak out while she's asleep, complete my mission and get back before the sun rises. i know that she knows that i'm gone, but i am very thankful that she never asks about my whereabouts. and tonight, will be the perfect time to go out, not on work, but to get out of the place i have taken refuge in, the place i call a home.

around an hour later, anna steps back out, catching my attention. her body is covered with a dark blue dress, black tights and heels. she does look very beautiful, and yet, i can't help but feel uncomfortable about her going out dressed the way she is, although i know if i say anything, she'll go out anyway.
"i'll be staying at her place, so you have your house all to yourself tonight seunghyun." she smiles, walking over to me in a slight hurrying manner, wanting to escape and leave as quickly as she can. "you should invite someone over, so you won't be lonely." her words are rather shocking to say the least, but nothing scares me as much as her placing a small peck upon my cheek. "invite over a girl, anyway...." her voice fades out as she begins walking away. "i'll see you tomorrow." and in a moment, she's gone.

leaving me here alone, and once again with my own thoughts. i can't help but wonder if it would be good to get someone over, or perhaps even leave the comforts of my cool home. i allow my head to fall into my hand, pushing it through my hair before standing to my own two feet. even if i went out and socialized, i don't know anyone to accompany me, i don't know anyone to bring home to keep me from feeling the lonliness that seems to be disappearing when anna is here.

it has taken me hours to step outside, i am not working tonight, meaning that i have as much time as i want. anna won't be home until tomorrow some time, and frankly, i don't know what to do with myself. it has been so long since i've been alone again, been without a teenage girl that most mistaked as my very own daughter, or perhaps my little sister. it feels like i haven't been walking all too long at all, my hands are placed within the pockets of my jeans, my hair messy but for once not getting drenched by the stupid weather in brooklyn.

my legs are taking me to some place i don't know, wherever they wish to lead me, the rest of me will follow. for the city, it's rather quiet on this side, barely any people walking through the streets, hardly any cars driving past me, heading to some place unknown, somewhat like myself.