Eight

The Taciturn [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I don't know which was cuter.. Having the front-row seats to watch Kim Taeyeon stir and turn in her slumber, or wake up to an intoxicating smell of bacons and eggs.

 

I opened an eye and started to blindly pat the space next to me. Taeyeon is not here. She's cooking, for us. I smiled and flung out of bed not bothering to even fix my bed hair. I am too excited to see Taeyeon in the kitchen with a pink apron hanging on her neck. She looks cute.. like a wife cooking for her husband.. or wife in our case.

 

I made my way to the kitchen and sat on the stool just behind her, I notice her tense up at my sudden appearance.

 

"What's wrong?" I asked, slowly standing up and hugging her from behind. Again, I felt her tense against my touch.

 

"Nothing." She simply answered, prying my arms away from her waist and serving our breakfast on the table.

 

I cocked an eyebrow, I can't possibly interrogate her during breakfast. It's breakfast, we should be talking about normal things, high school, and work life. You know, catching up with each other, until I realized Taeyeon had nothing to talk about. She was deprived with the life she deserved.

 

I reached over and squeezed her hand, "You know you can tell me everything, Tae."

 

She looked at my hand on hers and managed to give me a small smile as an answer. I sighed, she really doesn't talk. I find myself being fed by her one-word answers, a nod or a shake of her head, and sometimes, she even just sighs at me. What happened to the talkative Kim Taeyeon years ago?. I decided to shrug the thought away and just continue a quiet breakfast.

 

...........

 

"Unnie! Play with me!"

 

I sighed when a little kid tugged my pants and told me to play with her. I looked down at her with an unamused expression. She is cute, but she is also talkative and loud. I hate talkative and loud people. They disturb my peace of mind and bug me nonstop. But again, some people just get to convince me in doing things by using their eyes. Such as this kid... and sometimes Tiffany.

 

I stood up and carried the kid in my arms. She clapped her hands in joy as she pointed at a certain redhead from afar. I furrowed my eyebrows, "Tiffany? What about her?" I asked, and I only heard a girlish giggle as a response.

 

"Red unnie is pretty.." she uttered.

 

I let out a breathy chuckle and pinched her nose, "I think you need glasses, she isn't that pretty upclose."

 

She pouted at me, as if disagreeing, as if she wanted me to admit something that I have known for years. I looked at her and raised my eyebrow while she crossed her arms and furrowed her eyebrows. She started to sulk. I was bound to ignore her when I remembered something Yul said.

 

Never lie to a child. They know things.

 

And I failed to acknowledge the fact that this kid seriously knows something and she just wants me to blurt it out. With a breathy sigh, I nodded my head, "She is not pretty.."

 

The kid gaped at me and gave me an angered impression, I patted her head and continued, "She is gorgeous."

 

............

 

"You seem h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter