Ten

The Taciturn [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Promise me you wouldn't tell Fany-unnie that I told you, okay?"

 

I shifted uncomfortably when Sulli's eyes seem to bore holes on my face. I am not amused with kids, actually, I hated them but I had to be good to Sulli just because Tiffany told me to do so. I nodded and quirked an eyebrow before putting Krystal down so she can play on the playground... under my gaze of course.

 

"Now, who are you, exactly, to Tiffany?" I asked again, turning my body to face the little kid.

 

She turned and faced me too, her face showing seriousness, I almost laughed at it, but that laughter soon died inside my body when she spoke, "I'm her daughter."

 

...........

 

I lazily opened my apartment's door and lazily untied my shoes. It had been a long day and all I want is to see Taeyeon and Sulli. They didn't disappoint me when I saw them watching the television... no, wait, Taeyeon was watching the television while Sulli was cutely snoring in her arms. I wouldn't mind going home to these two everyday.

 

And with the paper, I am sure I'll go home to them everyday. I hope.

 

"Hey." I called out.

 

I got Taeyeon's attention so I smiled. But that smile soon disappeared when Taeyeon looked at me with an angry expression, she seemed angry, or maybe I'm just imagining things. I faked a cough and went to the kitchen, I found food. Maybe Taeyeon cooked for me. I turned to the two people in the living room again and saw Taeyeon huffing a breath while putting Sulli on the sofa.

 

I smiled again. Maybe I didn't do anything wrong. Maybe I did the right thing. That thought vanished when I heard Taeyeon faking a cough and leaning on the wall with crossed arms. It's scaring me. Taeyeon bottles her emotions, I can't imagine what she can do to me when she's angry.

 

"How was your day?" I asked, hoping her face would soften but it didn't happen. Instead, it turned grim. I stopped whatever I was doing and faced her, "Is something wrong, Taetae?"

 

She clenched her fists, scaring me more, she really is angry, I've never seen this side before. I have to add anger in Taeyeon's list of emotions, "What the hell is running inside your mind, Hwang?" she stepped forward, her voice was huskier than usual it gave me the chills. In reflex, I stepped backwards.

 

Byt the tone she's using, I know she already knew something. How? I don't know. I am planning to tell her this when the right time comes, when she's not angry, when she's just Taeyeon and not HellTaeyeon.

 

"You?" I quipped. And I think it kinda spurred her on. She walked towards me, and I walked backwards until I met the kitchen counter. I was about to leave the kitchen when I felt Taeyeon's hands trapping me in between her body and the kitchen counter. Her face was dangerously close to me, and her huffs are reaching my lips.

 

"I asked you a serious question, Tiffany."

 

I gulped. She really is angry. "I-I... W-What do you know?" I stammered, the first time I got scared because of a girl younger than me by how many years.

 

"You have a daughter!" She hissed. She walked backwards and gave me space to breathe.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter