Chap 6

Make You Fall For Me

Just as she promised, Haein came with Sungrin to the street dance. She still felt bad about hurting Jungkook’s feeling, which was something new because she never felt bad when it came to rejecting someone.

“What’s wrong, Haein? You look tense,” Sungrin asked her.

Haein quickly gave her a smile. “I’m fine.” Sungrin wasn’t convinced by her answer, but she let it slip. Instead of joining the crowd, the girls went to sit on the stairs and looked at the river.

“I think I’m slowly changing because of Jimin,” Sungrin suddenly said. Haein looked at her.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“I don’t know. I just feel like that. I can’t even explain what’s happening to me right now,” replied Sungrin.

“Same goes here,” Haein finally admitted. “Why are they doing this to us?”

“Don’t ask me. I’m just as clueless as you are.”

“Sungrin noona!!!” they heard someone shouted. They turned and saw BTS were walking towards them.

“Here we go again,” Sungrin muttered. The girls forced a smile when they got closer. “Hi, Jimin…” she greeted. Haein expected Jungkook to greet her, but he didn’t. So she just ignored him.

“How dare you call me ‘chubby guy’,” Suga said as soon as they arrived.

“Well… you were chubby, and you’re still chubby now,” Sungrin told her.

Suga’s jaws dropped. “What? I’m not chubby!”

“Yes, you are!”

“Hey, we’re not here to bicker, okay!” Rap Monster quickly said. Suga stuck out his tongue towards Sungrin. She just rolled her eyes. Rap Monster turned to the girls and held out his hand. “I’m Rap Monster, the leader of the group,” he introduced himself. The girls shook his hand.

“My name is J-hope.”

“I’m V or Taehyung.”

“I’m Jin, the eldest.”

“I’m Suga.”

“Pleasure to meet all of you,” Haein said.

“The pleasure is ours,” J-hope said in a cheesy voice. Rap Monster kicked his calf.

“Stop flirting, will you?” J-hope grinned.

“Do you mind if we join you?” Jin asked.

“Not at all,” Sungrin said. All of them sat on the ground.

“What are you doing now, Sungrin? Are you working or still studying?” Suga asked her.

“I’ll start my barista class next week and I’m still looking for a job to fill my free time until I get my barista license,” she answered.

“You were so quiet back at school,” Rap Monster said. Sungrin looked at him.

“You know me?” Sungrin asked, surprised.

“Not personally, but I know who you were and how you behaved. The whole school knew about you,” he replied.

“Why? Because no guys managed to make us fall for them?” Haein asked. The boys nodded.

“I really don’t understand why people made such a big fuss about it. It’s not like we’re lesbians or anything,” Sungrin let out her frustrations. BTS laughed at her outburst.

“How can you change like this?” Suga asked in wonder.

“This is who I really am. The way I behave at school was only an act to make people stay away from me,” she explained.

“How about you, Haein? Are you always this quiet?” V asked her.

“No, I’m just as talkative as unnie, but I’m not feeling well today,” Haein told him.

“Are you hurt?” Jungkook spoke to her for the first time that night.

Haein gave him a smile. “I’m okay, just a bit tired.”

“You shouldn’t have come if you’re tired,” he said in a slow voice, but Haein could hear him.

“I already promised someone. Besides, I do need some fresh air,” she said. She could see Jungkook smiled a little.

“Since we’ve known each other, can we hang out together more often?” Jimin suggested. The boys looked at the girls.

“You’re asking us?” Haein asked.

“Well, you’re the ones who refused to hang out with us before,” V said.

Haein and Sungrin exchanged looks. “We’ll try. I’m not that free starting next week and Haein will have her final year exam, so we can’t promise you anything,” Sungrin gave them her answer.

“Okay, then. Give your number to Jimin, we’ll contact you soon,” Rap Monster said.

“Haein noona, can I have your number?” Jungkook asked timidly.

“Sure, give me your phone,” Haein said. Jungkook passed her his phone with a big smile. After she saved her number in it, she gave it back to him.

“Komawo, noona.”

“You’re welcomed.”

“Would you like to visit our studio some other time?” Suga asked them.

“We can show you our dance steps,” Jimin said.

“We can even teach you if you want,” J-hope added.

“We can show you the collection of the songs that we’ve composed,” Jin also wanted to say something.

“Whoa! Relax guys! I can barely understand what you said,” Sungrin stopped them before they could say anything else.

“We’ll be happy to visit your studio,” Haein told them. The boys cheered.

“So, see you guys soon?” Jimin asked.

“Yeah,” Sungrin replied.

“We’ll get going then. Good night!” Rap Monster said.

“Okay, good night!” The girls waited until they’re gone. Sungrin smiled a little when Jimin waved at her before he entered the van. The girls headed home.

“Well, I guess it’s not that bad to get close to them,” Haein said.

“Yeah, not bad at all,” Sungrin agreed.