Chap 10

Make You Fall For Me

It was almost midnight, but Sungrin couldn’t sleep. She took her jacket and bag to go out to get some fresh air. She took a cab and headed to Han River. She chose a bench far from other people and looked at the view of the city in front of her.

“Mind if I join you,” a voice asked, causing her to jump a little.

“Gosh, Jimin, you scared me,” she put her hand on her chest.

Jimin sat next to her. “Mianhae, I didn’t mean to do that,” he apologized.

“Kwaenchana…” both of them looked at the river. Jimin looked at her when she let out a sigh.

“Something’s troubling you?” he asked.

“Not really, I’m just thinking about life. My life, to be exact,” she replied.

“What’s wrong with your life?”

Sungrin let out another long sigh. “That’s the answer that I want to find out. Something’s wrong with my life, but I don’t even know what is it. It’s just pathetic.”

“Don’t say that. You’ll figure it out someday. Human being is the most complicated creature created by God. It takes someone a lifetime to understand himself, if that even possible. So, there’s nothing pathetic about not being able to figure out your problems,” he told her. The older girl threw him an impressed look. “What?”

“How did you know all that?” she asked. Jimin smiled.

“Our guardian at the orphanage told us that,” he replied.

“Orphanage?”

“All of us were raised in an orphanage, BTS I mean. That’s how we met. There’s a middle-age lady that always visited the orphanage because she don’t have any children. The seven of us were the closest to her. Even our group name was given by her. BTS, which means Bangtan Sonyeondan. She wanted us to be bulletproof, able to withstand any obstacles that come our way. A few months before Suga hyung graduated, we got the news that she died in a car accident. Suga hyung had the hardest time coping with the situation since he’s about to have a final exam. It was the worst year ever.”

“I’m sorry… I didn’t know you had a difficult past…” she said softly.

“Don’t be, I’m happy I was born this way. It teaches me how to appreciate the things that I have and shows me how the smallest things can make me happy,” he told her. “Can you tell me a bit about you?” he carefully asked.

“My life is full of loneliness. The only time I felt happy was when I was staying with Haein’s family.”

“Why?”

“My parents never cared about me. All that they know was work. I was left alone at home during festive seasons and birthdays. It’s better to live as an orphan.”

“How can you know that?”

“At least if you’re an orphan, you know that no one is there for you. You don’t have to sit at home by yourself, waiting for your so-called parents that don’t even care to give you a single call to wish you a simple ‘happy birthday’,” Sungrin accidentally raised her voice. She only realized it when she saw Jimin’s shocked face. She facepalmed and sighed. “I’m…I’m sorry… I don’t know what’s got into me…” she apologized. Jimin hesitantly rubbed her back.

“That’s okay, I understand. You don’t have to apologize,” he said soothingly. Sungrin didn’t respond. “Noona? Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m okay…” she replied without removing her hands from her face. Jimin noticed the change of her voice.

“Are you crying?” he asked while trying to remove her hand. She tried to resist him, but he managed to do it. “Why are you crying?” he asked, panicked.

Sungrin laughed a little. “I don’t know…” Jimin pulled her into his arms.

“It’s okay, just let everything out. You’ve been keeping everything inside you for a long time. Just let them out,” he told her. Sungrin cried as hard as she could.

 

When Sungrin opened her eyes, she found herself in her studio apartment. She looked towards the kitchen and saw a guy with his back facing her, was cooking something.

“Jimin?” she called out to make sure. He turned around and gave her a smile.

“I’m almost done preparing the breakfast. You can go and take a bath,” he instructed. She gave him a puzzled look. Jimin shook his head and headed towards her. he pulled her towards the bathroom. “The breakfast will be ready when you come out,” he told her before he closed the bathroom’s door and went to continue his cooking.

After about 10 minutes, Sungrin came out from the bathroom. Like Jimin said, the breakfast was already served. Jimin was already waiting for her at the table. She took a seat in front of him.

“What happened last night?” she asked him.

Jimin took her plate and put the fried rice for her. “You fell asleep after you cried, so I took you home. I came back to prepare the breakfast for you and keep you company,” he replied. He put the plate of fried rice in front of her and put some for himself.

“Keep me company?”

“I’ve gone through what you went through last night. Trust me, you don’t want to be alone after that,” he said with a smile. Sungrin’s lips slowly curved into a small smile.

“Komawo, Jimin-ah,” she thanked him.

“No problem, noona. I’m happy I can help.” Then, he took out something from his pocket and put it on the table. “Your apartment’s key. I took it last night so that I can come and make you some breakfast.”

Sungrin pushed the key back to him. “Keep it, I have another one.” Jimin looked at her, surprised by her words.

“Keep…keep it? Why?”

“Just in case of emergency.”

“How can you trust me with the key to your apartment?” he asked almost hysterically. Sungrin laughed.

“You wouldn’t dare doing anything to me, Jimin. Have you forgotten what you saw at the club?” she reminded him. Jimin gulped.

“You’re right. Thanks anyway for trusting me with this,” he said while putting the key back in his pocket.

“Just remember one thing,” she quickly said. Jimin looked at her. “Don’t come in when I’m drunk. You’ll regret it,” she added.

“Okay, I’ll remember that.” Jimin didn’t know what would happen when she’s drunk, but he didn’t want to figure it out. *Remember that, Jimin… Don’t come when she’s drunk… Noted…*

 

 

 

Author's Note...

I want to apologize to all of you for my late upload.. I'm busy with exams now, so I don't have much time.. Please continue to support me & my fics.. Again, sorry for the slow update... :-(