Chap 13

Make You Fall For Me

On Saturday morning, Sungrin was woken up by the message notification on her phone. It was from an unknown number.

If you want to save your cousin,, you must do everything I told you to. Don't try to tell anyone else, or you'll never see her again. In 30 minutes' time, go to the place where your group of friends perform on weekend. Remember, do not tell anyone about this.

Sungrin immediately jumped off from her bed and got ready. When she exited the elevator, she ran into Jungkook.

"Noona! Haein noona..."

Her eyes widened. "You got the text too?" She asked. Jungkook nodded before showing her his phone. Unlike her text, the sender told Jungkook to find her before going to Han River.

"Maybe they're the seniors from our school. I can't think of anyone else," Jungkook told her.

"Let's go, we need to hurry." They flagged a cab and headed towards Han River. None of them said anything along the way. Once they'd arrived, they ran as fast as they could towards the place the street performing was held. Not long after that, Sungrin received another text, telling them to find a small black box hidden somewhere in the area.

"Noona, over here!" Jungkook shouted when he found the box. Inside the box, there was a photo of a medium-sized warehouse and a direction to go there. They went to flag another cab and headed towards the warehouse.

"Ajusshi, have you seen this warehouse?" Sungrin asked while showing the driver the photo.

"Ah, this warehouse? It was abandoned for quite some time until a group of teenagers bought it and turned it into a hangout place. I've sent a few of them here," the driver answered. Jungkook began to feel nervous.

"Cheongmalyo? Do you know them?" Sungrin started to sound eager.

"I don't know their names, but they're very nice kids, unlike the teenagers nowadays."

"Ah... Ne... Kamsahamnida..." She slumped back against the seat. Jungkook grasped her hand and gave her an encouraging smile, with she returned. A few minutes later, they finally arrived at the warehouse. Both of them hesitated to open the door. Then, Jungkook looked at Sungrin.

"Noona, I'll go in first. When I give you the 'clear' sign, you can go in.'

"Andwae, Jungkook-ah! What if they hurt you?"

"I'll be fine." He patted her shoulder before stepping into the warehouse. Sungrin began to pace around with worry. The anxiousness inside her increased as the time passed. Then, she heard Jungkook's scream. Without thinking about her safety, she ran into the warehouse.

"JEON JUNGKOOK!!!" She yelled out his name. Silence. Jungkook was nowhere in sight. She kept on searching until she found Jungkook's bandana on the floor. "Jungkook-ah!!!" She yelled again. When she reached the centre of the warehouse, she found a white screen, a projector and a laptop. She walked towards the laptop and switched it on. The was a folder with her name on it. Thinking it was probably the clue to find Haein and Jungkook, she clicked in open. The only file in there was a video file, which she ended up playing it.

At first, only black screen appeared. Then, the cheerful faces of BTS and Haein appeared on the screen. Sungrin's eyes widened in surprise.

"Unnie! Mianhae... We scared you, didn't we? Actually, this is our surprise birthday present for you. Saengil chukhahae, unnie!"

"Sungrin-ah, it's me, Jinnie oppa. First of all, I want to thank you for being our friend. A lot of things have changed since we've become friends. You might be younger than me but I've learnt a lot of things from you. I hope we can be as close as siblings and never leave each other's sides. Saengil chukhahae, Sungrin-ah, and saranghae!"

"Yah, Jung Sungrin. I'm still hurt that you called me 'chubby' but since chubby also means cute, I'll forgive you. It was a shame that we didn't know each other back at school because we can be bestfriends. I hope it's still not too late to be your bestfriend. Saengil chukhahae, chingu-yah. Whenever you need someone to talk to, always remember that we're here for you."

"Noona, this is your favourite dongsaeng, Rap Mon. Just like Jin hyung and Suga hyung said, I'm glad that we're friends now. I was expecting an arrogant and rude Jung Sungrin, but you are the nicest girl I've ever met, and not to mention caring too. I hope to be your dongsaeng in my next life, if that's even possible. Whenever people ask me about my family, I always say I have six insane brothers, but now, I always say I have six insane brothers, a great younger sister and even a greater noona. Saranghae, noona. Saengil chukhahae."

"Finally, it's the clown J-Hope time. Noona, my lovely Sungrin noona... Saengil chukahahae... At first, our intention to get close to you was to break the thick wall around you. Mianhae, for not telling the truth. But after getting to know you, we finally realize how precious you are to us. You and Haein have made us feel loved and useful. You are like our new family members. Thank you for being with us. Saranghae, Sungrin noona!"

"Noona! It's V here...hehehe... First of all, saengil chukhahae, noona. I'll keep praying that you will have a blessed and happy life ahead of you. And second, komawo... I don't know if anyone ever told you this, but after our guardian's death, we refused to let anyone enter our lives and got attached to them because we don't want to be left alone again. But after meeting you, I realized that we need to meet new people. It doesn't matter if they left us, but with knowing new people, we can learn about new things and experience a lot of things. Memories are the only thing that remain so we must make a lot of great memories to fully live this life. Thank you for coming into our lives, noona. Saranghae."

"Noona! Maknae Jungkookie is here! Noona, no matter how hard things are for you, always know that we'll be here whenever you need us. Don't keep everything to yourself. I hope we'll still be going strong even after decades of knowing each other. To me, you are my noona, my friend and a mother figure whom I can turn to whenever I need someone next to me. Always remember that I love you... We love you... Saengil chukhahae, noona. Saranghanda!"

"It's finally my turn. Noona, this is your y dongsaeng, Jiminie. I hope we can get closer to the point that we can tell each other's darkest secrets. You are the next best thing that has happened to me after Bangtan. I'll always be here for you. Saengil chukhahae, noona, and saranghae."

"JUNG SUNGRIN!!! SARANGHAE!!! SAENGIL CHUKHAHAE!!!"

The video finally ended. Tears were streaming down her face like rain. BTS and Haein came out from their hiding places.

"Saengil chukhahamnida, saengil chukhahamnida, saranghaneun Jung Sungrin, saengil chukhahamnida..." They sang to her. All of them made a group hug with Sungrin as the centre. They immediately consoled the crying girl.

"Mianhae, Sungrin-ah... We didn't mean to make you cry..." Jin said as he hugged her. Sungrin cried in his chest.

"Noona, blow the candles!" Jungkook shouted. He carefully walked towards Sungrin with the cake. Sungrin could hardly blow thw candles since she was still crying. Rap Mon went to embrace her.

"Noona, stop crying. How can we celebrate your birthday if you're crying like this?" He said softly. When he caught Jimin's menacing glare, the leader just winked and stuck out his tongue.

After a while, Sungrin finally stopped crying. "Mianhae... I just... Mianhae..." She didn't what to say. Jungkook gave her a brief hug.

"Kwaenchana, noona."

"Komawo... This is the best birthday ever, though I really want to kill the person who came up with the kidnapping idea," she said. J-Hope, V and Suga pushed Jin forward. The eldest gave her a sheepish smile. Sungrin hugged him again.

"Komawo, oppa..."

"Aniya... We're even more thankful."

"Hyung is right," Suga agreed. "We're thankful that you've become our friend. Komawo, Sungrin-ah."

Sungrin smiled. "You're right. We could be bestfriends if we knew each other from school days." She hugged him. "Komawo, chingu-yah..." Sungrin looked around her. When she saw Jimin, she walked towards him and gave him the tightest hug, surprising the boy. "Komawo, Jimin-ah. You are the most awesome friend I'll ever have," she told him. Jimin wrapped his arms around her and leaned his head against hers.

"Aniya, noona. Thanks for being my friend."

"Awww... Look at them..." Haein cooed.

"They're so cute....." V added. Sungrin and Jimin immediately broke their hug. Everyone laughed when both of them blushed.

 

***

BTS, Sungrin and Haein were walking together to Sungrin's house. Sungrin hadn't stop smiling ever since they left the amusement park.

"Noona, what do you think of your birthday today? Jungkook asked her.

"Awesome! The best birthday I'll ever have!" She happily replied. The boys smiled with satisfaction. However, Sungrin's happiness didn't last long. Her smile disappeared when she saw a married couple waiting next to their car in front of her apartment's building. Even Haein tensed a little. Sungrin looked at them. "Sorry, guys, but I need you to go, now," she ordered.

"Why?" Jimin asked.

"I'll... I'll explain later... Please, just go."

Jin held Jimin's shoulder before looking at Sungrin. "We'll come and see you tomorrow. We still haven't gave you your presents yet." Sungrin nodded.

"Thanks, for everything," she said gratefully. The boys and Haein waved at them before heading the other way. After they disappeared at the corner, Sungrin walked towards the couple.

The woman smiled when she saw Sungrin. "Sungrin-ah! We've been waiting for you!" She wanted to hug Sungrin, but the girl backed away.

"What are you doing here?" She asked coldly. The woman looked at her husband.

"We've come to take you home, Sungrin. It's time for you to live with us," Mr. Jung said. Sungrin snorted.

"My home is where my heart feels like home, not where you are present. I'm sorry, but I prefer to live on my own."

Mrs. Jung grasped the girl's hand. "Sungrin-ah, we know our mistakes. Give us a chance to redeem ourselves."

"Redeem yourselves? It's been 22 years since you have me! Only now you want to redeem yourselves? Ha! I've been living well without you helps! I have my own work and I earn my own money! I don't need your money and I certainly don't need you!" She finally exploded.

"Jung Sungrin! Watch what you're saying!" Mr. Jung bellowed.

"I can say whatever I want and you have no right to control me! You've done well by ignoring me all these years, so please, continue you great work. If you really want to take care of someone, just adopt a child and give her the love you haven't gave me." Sungrin turned to leave, but Mrs. Jung held onto her. The woman was now crying her eyes out.

"Sungrin-ah, please forgive me. Come back and stay with us, honey," she pleaded. Sungrin's eyes were b with tears too, but the door to her heart was sealed shut. She pulled her arm from Mrs. Jung's hold.

"Just assume I'm dead. It'll be easier that way. And if you ever adopt someone or have another child, swear to God you'll never treat him or her like how you treated me. If you can feel what I've been feeling all these years, you'll die because of the unbearable pain. Leave me alone and never come back." Sungrin entered the building without giving another look towards her parents.

 

 

***

 

When Jimin went to Sungrin's workplace on the next day, he was informed that Sungrin was sick. He immediately went to her house to check on her.

His heart fell when he saw the tear stains on her sleeping face. After what he witnessed last night, he couldn't have a good sleep because he kept worrying about Sungrin. He carefully pulled the blanket over her and went to cook something for her.

Sungrin slowly opened her eyes when she heard noises. She looked around her and saw Jimin was serving the food. The boy gave her a smile.

"Noona, breakfast is ready."

She got up from the bed and walked towards the table. A smile appeared on her face. "How did you know I'm craving western?" She asked him when she saw the food.

"I didn't. I cooked these because I love them," he answered with an adorable eye-smile. Sungrin's heart raced. "Go and brush your teeth."

"Arasseo..." Sungrin entered the bathroom while Jimin went to make her bed. He drew  the curtains and opened the windows to let the spring air entered the apartment. He even swept the floor for her, though the floor was already clean. "Jimin, you don't have to do these," she said when she came out from the bathroom.

Jimin pulled her towards the table and made her sit. "After what happened last night, I finally realize that I want to take care of you," he told her. Sungrin's eyes widened. Jimin pulled a chair in front of her and sat down. "Yes, noona... All of us saw what happened. The boys probably won't say anything about it, but I won't keep quiet. I want you to know that you are not alone. I'll always be here for you whenever you need me, so don't keep everything to yourself."

Tears began to fill her eyes. "Jimin-ah..." Sungrin was speechless. She couldn't come up with a proper sentence. Jimin suddenly let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, noona, but even if you'll kill me because of this, I'm still going to do it." He grabbed her neck and pulled her in for a kiss. Sungrin froze. Her eyes almost bulged out from her skull. After what seemed like hours to her, Jimin broke the kiss. He gave her a guilty look. "I know you'll probably hate me after this, but I love you, noona. It's been a while since I've been feeling that way." Sungrin was too astounded to say anything. Jimin began to regret his action. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have done that..." He got up from the chair. "I'll take my leave... I'm sorry, noona..."

Without waiting for her response, Jimin left the house. Tears slowly fell from her eyes when she looked at his untouched food. The sky seemed to understand her situation. Rain began to pour down, faster than her tears. Sungrin ran towards the door and grabbed her umbrella before leaving the house. Her eyes scanned the pedestrians who were running to take cover from the rain. Among all the people than were running for shelters, she saw one person who walked, ignoring the pouring rain. She ran towards him and held the umbrella over him.

Jimin looked up and saw an umbrella was covering him. He turned around to see who's holding the umbrella and his eyes widened at the sight. There she was, standing in front of him, slowly getting wet by the rain. He quickly pulled her under the umbrella.

"What do you think you're doing? You could get sick!" He scolded her. That's when he noticed she was crying. "Noona..."

Sungrin put the umbrella down and hugged him. "Don't leave me... Don't ever leave me... I need you..." she cried in his chest. Happiness filled his body when he heard her. He wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"If you want me to stay, then I'll stay. I'll do whatever you want me to do. You don't have to love me. As long as you want me, I'll be happy to stay." He tightened his hug. "Thank you, noona..." After a while, she finally broke the hug.

"Come on, you still haven't ate your food." She held his hand and pulled him back towards her apartment.

 

After finishing their breakfast, both of them sat on the couch while watching TV. Sungrin had to control herself from staring at Jimin's abs since he was only wearing her baggy shorts, though it didn't look that baggy on him. Knowing the effects he had on her, he purposely sat close to her. Sungrin distracted herself by drying her hair with the towel. Jimin suddenly got up and sat on the backrest of the couch.

"Noona, sit in front of me. I'll dry your hair for you."

"Aniya, it's okay... I can do it..."

"Do you want to sit in front of me or on my lap?" He gave her choices. She gave him a glare before moving to sit between his legs. Jimin took the towel and carefully dried the girl's hair. "Have I ever told you your hair is soft?"

"You just did."

"That I love your skin colour?"

"You just did."

"That you look beautiful?"

"You just did."

Jimin bent down to her ear. "That you look y when you sleep?" He whispered before pecking her ear. Her eyes widened, but before she could turn her head, Jimin landed his plump lips on her cheeks and hugged her shoulders. "You make me go crazy, noona. Even the simplest action from you can melt me to a puddle of goo. That's how much I love you. It might start as a challenge, but I eventually fell for you," he confessed.

Instead of pulling away, Sungrin leaned into his touch. "I can't say I love you for now because I'm still trying to figure things out, but I do know that I feel something towards you and I don't want you to leave me. I need you badly, Jimin. I need you by my side."

"And that is what I'm going to do. I will stay for as long as you want me to," he told her.