Chap 11

Make You Fall For Me

Haein was too absorbed with her reading to notice Jungkook creeping up behind her, but before Jungkook could scare her, she spoke. “Don’t even think about it, Jeon Jungkook.” Jungkook pouted as he sat in front of her.

“How did you know?” he asked.

“I have quite a good instinct sometimes,” she replied without looking away from her book. Jungkook leaned over to look at what she’s reading.

“What are you reading?”

“Something for my upcoming presentation.”

“Are you always this hardworking?”

“When I have a dateline to chase, yes.”

Jungkook let out a sigh. “I’m bored. Let’s do something.”

“Maybe you should start studying for the upcoming test. I heard a few rumours about your bad academic reputation.”

“I don’t care about studying. My dream is to become an entertainer, so studying is not that important.”

Haein closed her book with a snap and looked at him. He gulped. “Where did you hear that rubbish?”

“Urm… I made it up?” Haein facepalmed when she heard his reply.

“What should I do with this kid?” she questioned herself. Jungkook kept staring at her. “Okay, Jungkook… What do you know about being an entertainer?” she asked him.

“I need to entertain people by singing and dancing,” he answered. Haein let her head fell on the desk. “Urm…noona? Are you okay?”

“No, Jungkook, I’m not okay.” She sat up straight and sat up straight. “What you said just now is right, Jungkook, but that’s what an entertainer does. If you want to be loved by people from around the world, you can’t just be an entertainer. You need to be an artist. By being an artist, it means you need to create your own arts,” she explained.

“Meaning?”

Haein slapped her forehead. “Are you always this dumb?”

“Hehehe… Sometimes…”

“Look… An entertainer and an artist are two different people. If you’re an entertainer, you just perform the things that people give to you. It means, if you’re a singer, you only sing the songs that other people compose for you. However, if you are an artist, you do everything by yourself or with a little help from other people. You compose your own songs, you choreograph your own dances, you produce your own albums, those are the things that an artist does. That way, people will remember you and will acknowledge your talents.”

Jungkook nodded. “Oh…okay…but what does that got to do with me studying?”

“For God’s sake, Jungkook! Since when did you become this dumb?” she started to lose her patience. Jungkook smiled sheepishly. “If you want to become an artist, you need to receive proper lessons from the professionals. How can you go to college if your results in school are way beyond bad?”

“Aahhh… Why didn’t you say so in the beginning? Arasseo, I’ll go and study now.” Jungkook got up from his seat and left the place. Haein was baffled by what he just said.

“Why did I even waste my time lecturing him?” she complained, frustrated.

 

After the school ended, Haein stopped by a gift shop to buy something for Sungrin’s upcoming birthday.

“Noona!” Someone screamed in her ear.

“Omma-yah!!!” she squealed in surprise. Jungkook laughed so hard he had to squat. “Yah, Jeon Jungkook! Do you want to die?” she shouted while smacking his back.

“Noona, you looked so funny,” he . Haein ignored him and began to look for Sungrin’s present. Jungkook tagged along behind her. “Noona, my birthday is months away, there’s no need to look for my present now.” Haein glared at him. “It’s just a joke,” he quickly said. He followed Haein around without saying anything, but it only went on for a short time. “Noona, who’s present are you looking for?” he asked.

Haein let out a sigh. “It’s for Sungrin unnie,”she replied.

“Really? When is her birthday?”

“It’s next week, on Saturday.”

Jungkook’s face brightened. “That’s cool! Let’s plan a surprise party for her!” he suggested excitedly. She looked at him.

“Surprise party?”

“Yeah! Let’s plan it with the other hyungs. They’ll be happy to do it.”

After thinking about it for a few moments, Haein finally smiled and nodded. “Okay, let’s do it. When should we meet?”

“Anytime, but first, let’s find a present for Sungrin noona.” The two of them began searching again. “What kind of things that Sungrin noona likes?”

“I’m not sure. She never mentioned she wanted anything, so I don’t know what I should buy for her.”

“She’s not a feminine type, right?”

“Definitely not.”

“So, nothing too girlish.” Jungkook looked around, more carefully this time. “Sungrin noona, Sungrin noona…” he kept muttering. Haein shook her head. She just followed him around while looking for her own present. “How about a teddy bear?” Jungkook asked while holding a huge, brown teddy.

“I thought you said nothing too girlish,” she told him.

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “A teddy bear is not something girlish. It’s universal. Even guys love teddy bears.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive. Now let’s find yours.” Jungkook pulled her hand and started the search again.