Chap 5

Make You Fall For Me

After she helped her teacher, Haein stopped by a food stall to fill her stomach. When she was about to eat, a boy suddenly sat at her table.

“Hi, noona!” Jungkook greeted brightly.

“Oh…you again…” Haein said, pretending that she’s not interested with him when her heart was actually racing like stampeding horses.

“Why are you alone? Where’s Sungrin noona?” he asked him, not even hurt by her cold voice.

“She moved into her new apartment today so she’s busy buying things that she needed,” answered Haein. Jungkook nodded.

“Will you come to the street dance tonight? We missed you last week,” Jungkook asked with a smile plastered on his face.

“I’m not sure.”

“Please come… We can hang out together after that! And we promise we won't do anything weird again,” he pleaded. When Haein looked at him, he clasped his hands together and showed her his puppy eyes. “Pretty please?”

Haein groaned. “Fine…” she gave up.

“Wah!!! Thank you, noona!!!” he shouted.

“Shut it! The people are staring!” she ordered.

“Whoops…hehehe…”

Haein rolled her eyes. She got up from the chair and went to pay for her food. Jungkook tagged along behind her. “Why are you following me?” she asked, annoyed.

“Because I don’t have anything else to do,” he replied with a grin. A sigh escaped from her lips.

“Don’t get too close or I’ll kick you,” she warned.

“Okay!” Jungkook followed her and made sure they’re not too close but not too far either. Haein entered the shopping mall. When she was browsing the clothes, Jungkook took that time to look at her.

*Her height is just nice, her eyes are big, just like mine, her front teeth look a little bit similar to me, fair skin, not so girlish and she has an attitude. What a great girl…* he talked in his mind. *I must admit that she’s not the most beautiful girl I’ve met, but she’s perfect.*

“Are you coming or you’ll just stand there for the rest of the day?” Haein’s voice brought him back to his senses.

“Oh! I’m coming!” he quickly ran towards her and almost tripped by his own foot. He gave her a sheepish smile when she shook her head. After that they entered a book store. “Noona, what’s your favourite genre?”

“I have no favourite genres. If I think it’s a good book, then I’ll read it. But I don’t really read romance and horror,” she replied.

“Do you read comics?”

“Not really.”

“How about music? What kind of music do you like?”

“Same as books, I don’t have favourite genres. I’ll listen to it if I think it’s nice.”

Jungkook nodded. He unknowingly let out a small squeal when Haein took the Percy Jackson and The Last Olympian book. Haein looked at him.

“I love that series! I’ve read all of them & I’m starting to read The Heroes of Olympus series now,” he said excitedly.

“Really?” she asked. Jungkook nodded fervently. “Well, I guess we have a similarity then,” she added. Jungkook beamed.

 

After walking around for almost 3 hours, the two finally headed home. They had gotten a lot closer as the time passed.

“You will come and see us tonight, right?” Jungkook asked to make sure.

“Jungkook, this is the fourth time you asked me that question. Yes, Sungrin unnie and I will come tonight,” Haein said exasperatedly.

Jungkook grinned. “Mian, I’m just excited, that’s all.” Haein shook her head. They continued to walk together. “Noona, can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“Is it possible for you to like younger guys?”

Haein gulped at his question, but she tried her best to maintain a poker face. “I don’t know. I never dated any kinds of guys before so I have no idea when it comes to that,” she answered coolly.

“Oh…okay then…” Jungkook said. He sounded a bit heartbroken by her answer. “So, see you tonight?”

“Yeah, okay…”

He flashed her a weak smile. “I’ll get going then,” he said before he headed towards the bus stop. Haein felt bad when she heard his sad voice, but she pulled herself together and headed to her own house.