Chapter 4

What Exactly Am I to You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been almost a week since me and Hyukjae last slept together. We’ve been kept busy with practice every day for our upcoming Eunhae Japan tour so I guess he was too tired to ask as well.

What really bugged me was the way he had been treating me after that morning. It felt like he was carefully threading on thin ice that represented our relationship. He was soft towards me, being careful with his words and actions like as though a wrong move could cause the ice to crack; destroying our friendship.

Did something else happen that night? I could still recall that look in his eye that morning when we woke up after our gentle love making session.

Flashback:

I had woken up feeling rather disoriented but happy inside. Last night was great, he was so soft and gentle it led me to believe that he might actually have been making love to me. But deep down inside we all knew the truth, if anything the recollection of how it all started served as a painful reminder.

I looked to my right to find Hyukjae already awake, lying on his side and looking at me with his head propped on his elbow. He smiled down at me with his famous gummy smile and I swear he looked like an angel with the morning sun bouncing off his fair flawless skin.

I couldn’t help but smile back at him, “Morning Hyukkie.”

“Morning my dear Hae. Did you have a good night?”

The question shot straight to my heart, I diverted my eyes away from his and softly nodded as the memories came flooding back. The light kisses, the gentle caress and smooth s: ingredients to a perfect love making session.

He placed his hand under my chin, forcing an eye contact. “Hae are you ok?”

“Yeah, last night was perfect.” I answered honestly, and let my eyes confirm the truth.

At that moment, there was a 180 degree change in Hyukjae’s attitude as he immediately dropped his hand and for a split second I saw a flash of unreadable emotion flash across his face. He looked guilty? Depressed? Confused? I couldn’t quite find the right words but since then he had been acting rather differently towards me.

End of Flashback

I tried to push those thoughts aside as we continued with our dance practice. At 4pm, we were greeted with a pleasant surprise as our choreographer decided to let us off early for the day. I was elated, I really needed the break.

I walked over to my backpack as I got ready to leave the dance studio. Suddenly, I felt a grip on my wrist as I turned to give a questioning look to the owner of the hand.

“Hae, you have nothing on today right?”

I laughed bitterly to myself as I replied, “You know I never have plans unless you fix one with me.”

I witnessed guilt flash in his eyes before he answered me, “I’ve kinda got somewhere I wanna take you. Is that ok?”

Shy and polite. This was something new to me. Was this a new approach to get me into bed?

Despite the confusion running through my head I still agreed to him; as usual.

He drove us to a nice quiet café round the corner as we settled for a warm coffee before ordering a hearty meal to replenish our strength.

It was a comfortable dinner between two close friends, there wasn’t as and Hyukjae made no advances at all. I felt really happy and at ease. But there was still the nagging feeling at the back of my head that kept insisting that I wanted more.

After dinner, Hyukjae insisted that we take a stroll and soon enough I found myself standing in front of a familiar pet shop. It was the same pet shop we had adopted Bada and Choco from. Hyukjae went in and requested for the Ahjumma that owned the place.

“Ahjumma! Where is the puppy I asked you to reserve for me?”

The Ahjumma laughed and walked back into the back of the shop whilst shouting, “I’ve got it young man! Don’t worry! She’s sleeping in her comfortable little custom-made home!”

She re-appeared holding a gorgeous sapphire blue carrier and when I took a peek inside I saw the cutest white fur ball sleeping on a taco stuffed toy.

I stared at Hyukjae and he had the widest gummy smile on his face.

“Do you like it?” He asked me.

It took me a full 20seconds before I shrieked and jumped onto Hyukjae. Yes it took me that long to put the pieces of information together and realise that Hyukjae had just gifted me an adorable puppy.

I couldn’t stop gushing over the new puppy throughout the entire ride back to our dorm and took multiple pictures and videos of her till I exhausted her and she went back to sleep in her little blue home.

It was close to midnight when we were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter