The Job of a Highschool Host

Exo High School Host Club [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December...you can tell when Christmas is coming by feeling the cold wind.

Seulri checked her watch as she sped out of the library while carrying a textbook.

Shoot! I spent too much time in the library. I wonder what they'll do to me if I'm late.

She came to a stop in front of music room #3 and opened the door to see the room transformed into a lush tropical paradise. Green plants and bright exotic flowers covered the walls.

"Welcome!" all of the host club members were shirtless, exposing their six packs.

Luhan was wearing a Hawaiian lei while the twins and Xiumin had neckties tied around their heads. Kris sat on his throne, fanning himself.

"Oh, it's just you, Seulri. You're late," Lay scolded.

 "I thought it was a guest, so we positioned ourselves," Chen was disappointed.

Seulri looked at the calendar hanging on the wall, "Uh, it's the middle of December," she was confused by the tropical setting.

Kris stood up, "So? A beautiful man cannot hide his beautiful body with a bunch of clothes! It's winter, so we wanted to welcome all of our customers with a warm aura. Doesn't that seem so gentlemanly? And December has the most important event, where we'll be shining the most: the Christmas party!"

"What are you doing for the Christmas party?" one girl asked the twins.

"Well, we reserved the banquet hall in the central campus so there will be a dance," Lay answered.

"And we were thinking of having some casino tables," Chen added.

Lay leaned in close to Chen, "Actually, I was planning on having some alone time with you..."

"Lay...It's like you read my mind," Chen looked into his eyes.

"Gyaaah!" the girls at their table screamed.

Seulri looked over to see where the noise was coming from, "Wow, it seems like the guests are more crazy than usual. They've lost their minds..."

"Well, being half is popular with the ladies. We also had another plan too: Santa Claus cosplay, but I'm glad I showed Kris some photos of Hawaii," Tao pushed up his glasses.

A girl admired how cute Luhan looked with his lei.

He proudly showed it to her, "This is Hawaii's national flower. We imported it," he smiled.

Then, he noticed Xiumin with a straw sticking out of the pineapple he was holding.

"Xiumin! Xiumin!" Luhan walked up and put a lei on him, "Yaay~! We're matching!"

One of the schoolgirls literally fainted from the overload of cuteness.

"Seulri! Why aren't you wearing a costume?" a girl at Seulri's table asked her.

Seulri made up an excuse, "Um, I think it's only natural to wear warm clothes during winter."

Truthfully, Kris prepared a matching girl costume for Seulri but she refused to wear it.

"I see...you appreciate the seasons as they come. That's nice too," the girl said.

Another girl at their table sighed, "I hope it snows on Christmas."

The other girl agreed, "Yeah! Playing with a special someone in the snow..." she said dreamingly 

"Hmm is that so? It's cute how both of you have your own little dreams," Seulri smiled and made the girls blush.

Kris, Chen, and Lay were all eavesdropping.

You're the one that's cute!

Seulri heard the sound of footsteps behind her.

"Excuse me? I believe it's almost time for my turn..."

Seulri turned her head, "Oh, sorry! You must be the one who made a reservation."

"I'm Victoria Song from class B in grade eleven," she bowed.

Victoria lifted up Seulri's chin, "Hmm, you're cuter than I expected. I've decided that you're my new favourite now," she declared.

Kris angrily ate his ramen, "I don't understand!" he muttered to himself.

He sat at a table alone while all the other members were crowded around another table. 

Lay turned to Kris and said, "Stop eating peasant ramen and come over here and help us make some final decisions. We only have one week until the party."

"He didn't like it that Victoria chose Seulri?" Chen asked.

"It's not like her illness just started," Tao commented.

Seulri looked up at Tao, "Illness?"

"Her 'switching guys disease' A.K.A. host club wanderer," the twins explained.

"Usually, host guests stick to one host forever, but she likes to change her favourite every now and then. Everybody has probably had her at least twice," Tao said.

"It was Kris-sshi's turn until awhile ago," Luhan added.

Seulri understood, "Ah, I see...All because I took his guest."

Kris jumped up from his seat, "No!! That's not it! Aish, I can't stand it anymore, Seulri! Wear girl clothes! How can you be so popular among girls when you yourself are a girl?!"

He rummaged through his chest of personal stuff and pulled out a huge framed photo of Seulri, "Appa wants to see you like this!"

"DON'T ENLARGE MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!" Seulri yelled.

"How did Seulri go from being cute to what we saw on the first day that we met her?" Lay wondered. 

"Oh, my neighbour's kid stuck bubble gum in my hair on the first day of school so I had to cut it all off," she explained.

"By the way, do you have any experience with dancing? It's a must for the party," Chen said.

"No...but the party doesn't count for the quota, does it?" Seulri asked nervously, "I'm not interested in the event either, so I'd rather skip..."

Kris glared at her, "What do you mean, skip? You're a member of the host club, so you have to be there! If you can learn the Waltz in one week and dance it at the party, I'll reduce your debt by half!"

Victoria was teaching Seulri the Waltz. 

"Shall we, Seulri oppa?" Victoria put her left hand on Seulri's shoulder and her right hand in Seulri's left hand.

She showed her the steps, "Quick right, quick left, slow right. You put your feet together at the pause. The gentleman always leads," she looked up at Seulri, "Look at your partner closely," they practiced the steps again.

Right. Left. Ri-

Seulri accidentally stepped on Victoria's foot which caused Seulri to fall on Victoria.

"I'm so sorry, Victoria-sshi!" Seulri apologized.

"It's all right, Seulri oppa," she said, looking up at Seulri.

Kris sat on the window seat, looking out of the window with a dark expression.

The twins watched his gloomy behaviour.

"Kingka's looking blue today," Lay commented.

"I heard he wanted to be the practice partner. If you think about it, he will never be Seulri's female practice partner because of their height. How stupid," Chen concluded.

"Eh? We're okay with it," Luhan demonstrated dancing with Xiumin.

Seulri served Victoria a tray of tea, "I'm sorry that you have to be my dance partner, Victoria-sshi."

"No worries, I'm totally fine with it," she took a sip from her cup, "I heard that you were limiting your guest services for awhile so that you would have more time to practice. I'm happy because this way, I can spend more time with you."

Victora noticed the teacup she was holding, "Ooh, you have a new tea set now. Is it Ginori?"

Tao overheard her, "Indeed, you have a good eye. This is our first day using it."

"I see. What a beautiful colour," she admired the cup.

"You must like tableware a lot," Seulri noted.

Victoria panicked, "WHAT?! NO, I DON'T REALLY LIKE IT! OUCH!" she spilled some of the hot tea on herself.

It's obvious that she likes it...so why hide it?

"Let's go to the nurse's office," Seulri took her arm and lead her into the nurse's room.

"Doctor?" she called.

A male student turned his head, "The doctor isn't here..." he noticed Victoria's red hand, "Is it a burn? Let me see," he approached her.

She flinched, "No thank you," she hugged Seulri, "I'll let Seulri oppa take care of it."

Seulri looked over at the boy, "But if there's an assistant nurse..."

"Uh, I'm just another student," the boy gestured to the same uniform he was wearing.

"Come on, Seulri. He doesn't look an heir of a big corporation," Victoria eyed his scruffy uniform. 

Seulri tried to change the topic, "So...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter