Starting Today, You are a Host!

Exo High School Host Club [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Seulri sighed as she closed the door to library #4, carrying a textbook. 

There are four whole library rooms, so why do they all have to be so noisy? If you don't feel like studying, go home!

She walked down the vast hallway and came across a room that was labelled "Music Room #3".

Huh, an unused music room...I guess this is the only place where I can study in peace and quiet. 

She gripped the gold door handle and peered inside the room.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" five handsome men greeted her.

And that's when she met the Host Club.

Seulri was shocked at the sight. What the heck is this beautiful group? She had never seen such good looking men before.

"Oh, it's a boy. That's no fun," Lay and Chen automatically assumed she was a man because of her short hair and baggy outfit.

"Watch your mouth. He is an important guest even if he is a guy," Kris scolded them, "Welcome to the Exo Host Club, scholarship student, Seulri!"

"H-How do you know my name?" she asked.

"It's just that Exo Academy makes it difficult for commoners to get in here," Tao replied.

Kris slapped Seulri's shoulder, "Yeah! He's saying that you are a hero, Seulri-sshi. Even though you are the poorest person in the whole school, you're still smart enough to get a scholarship!"

Luhan ran to her and grabbed her arm, "Hey, Seul-sshi! You're a hero? Amazing!" he cried like a little boy.

"I'm not a hero; I'm just a scholarship student," Seulri replied, looking down at his short height. He was only 4'10 while she was 5'1.

"Still...to think that such a smart guy would be gay.." Kris put his hand on his forehead, deep in thought.

"Gay?!" Seulri exclaimed.

"What is your preference? The wild type?" Xiumin flexed his biceps.

"The cute type?" Luhan smiled with wide eyes as held his Stitch plushie.

"The little devil type?" the twins grinned at her.

"The smart type?" Tao pushed up his glasses.

"I-It's not like that! I was just looking for a quiet place where I could study!" Seulri cried, slowly backing away from Kris.

"Or maybe...you'd like to try me? How about it?" Kris grabbed her chin and leaned in really close to Seulri's face.

Seulri yelped in surprise and jumped back quickly, bumping into an expensive looking vase on a pedestal. She gasped and tried to grab it, but she was too late. The vase shattered into a thousand pieces.

"Omo! The renaissance vase that was to be featured in the school auction!" Lay looked at the mess.

"What will we do..? We were going to start the bidding at 8 million yen..." Chen looked at Seulri accusingly.

"8 MILLION YEN?! I-I'll pay it ba-" Seulri nervously faced the host club.  

"Can you? You can't even afford the uniform," the twins said, judging her clothes.

"What's with that grubby outfit, anyway?" Chen looked her up and down.

Tao bent down and picked up a piece of the vase.

"So, what will it be Kris?" Tao asked.

"Well if you have no money, then pay with your body. Starting today, you are the host club's dog," Kris announced, sitting on a chair that looked like a throne.

Life is so cruel, umma...After you left, 10 years of hardship came with an appa who spends too much money. Now, I'm trapped by a mysterious group called the Exo Host Club.

The Host Club opened up for business. Flocks of schoolgirls sat at a different table depending on which type of guy they preferred. 

Kris sat on a couch, surrounded by four of them.

"Kris oppa, what's your favourite type of music?" one schoolgirl asked.

"The type that you like," Kris smoothly replied, pouring her a cup of tea on the coffee table.

"I baked you a cake today. Would you like to have some?" another girl asked the host club king.

"Only if you feed it to me," Kris tilted her chin up so that she would look at him.

"Oh, Kris oppa," the girl blushed.

"So, Kris oppa, I heard...you're keeping an unpedigreed little kitten?" a girl looking like an ice princess asked.

"I wouldn't say kitten, more like...Oh, speak of the devil," Kris said as Seulri entered the room, carrying a brown grocery bag.

"Thanks for shopping for us, little piglet. Did you get everything?" Kris waved. Seulri ignored him and brought over the bag that she was holding. Kris stuck his hand in and pulled out a container of instant coffee.

"What is this?" he wondered.

"Just what it looks like. It's coffee," she replied.

"I've never seen this brand. Is this the type that's already ground?" Kris inspected the container.

"No, it's instant," Seulri told him.

"Instant?" the school girls tilted their heads.

"Oh, commoners' coffee, where you only have to add hot water," Kris explained. A bunch of schoolgirls gathered around in amazement of this new type of coffee.

"Ooh I've heard of this before," one girl said.

"So it's true about poor people not having any free time. They can't even grind their own beans, huh?" another girl commented. The rest of the host club gathered around Kris to see what all the commmotion was about.

"Wow, it says that 100g cost 300 yen. What savings!" Lay read the bottle.

"That's cheaper than a cup of coffee," Chen wasn't used to items being so inexpensive.

"Fine, I'll go buy something else! Excuse me for not getting the fancy beans," Seulri muttered.

"Aniyo! Wait!" Kris held up his hand.

He stood up from the couch, "I'll drink this," he declared bravely. 

All the rich students gasped at his courage, as if drinking a commoners' beverage was a daring thing to do.

"All right, Seulri, come over here and make peasants' coffee for us," Kris ordered.

Damn these rich people...

"Oh, Kris oppa, you carry the joke too far," the ice princess put down her cup of tea on the table, "There's no way that such a lowly person's drink will be to your taste," she said.

"Huh?" Seulri faced this woman.

"Seulri!" Kris called.

"Okay, okay," Seulri went to the coffee table and started making the instant coffee. Everyone watched her like she was on a cooking show.

"Here you go," Seulri presented the coffee on a tray.

"Let the tasting begin!" Kris proclaimed.

"Um...I'm a little scared to drink this," one girl peered into her cup, looking at the suspicious brown liquid.

"What if you drank it from my mouth?" Kris put his hand on her face and leaned in close to her.

"I-I'd drink it," she stared at his gorgeous face. The rest of the students squealed and fangirled.

"Good grief," Seulri said.

"Drinking commoners' coffee...Kris oppa is getting crazy, don't you think, Jessica?" one girl asked the mysterious ice princess.

"He's just being polite to the peasant boy. But then again, being too kind is a problem too," she jealously looked over at Seulri talking with Kris.

"So then, he had this terrible dream, and when he woke up from it..." Chen started telling the girls at his table a story about Lay.

"Chen! Not that one! You're awful, telling that story in front of others," Lay pretended to be hurt.

"Lay..." Chen stared at his brother lovingly. The girls at their table fell for their scheme and hugged each other with worry in their eyes.

"I'm sorry, Lay. You were just so cute when it happened, I couldn't help myself," Chen said as he held both hands on Lay's  face.

"Chen..." Lay held his arms and looked straight int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter